Daily Check In: Are You On Track Today?

Options

Replies

• DW2022
    DW2022 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome back Shari! I’m happy to hear that your vacation was relaxing!! Paula, how great to get a good start on Christmas shopping!! I’m hoping to do the same this afternoon. I am anxious to get everything done that is going to Alaska and get it shipped. It should only be one smaller package this year because the grownups are getting gift cards.
    I had a success this week and am working hard to hold on to it… I finally broke through my weight barrier and got a lower “tens” number. I’ve been stuck with my weight bouncing up and down just above a new level since at least last May . It also means that I’m finally down 10 lbs since starting NOOM. Have a great weekend!
  • shariletts
    shariletts Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I had to really think about what my favourite meal was while we were away. I am going to say the bowl of Poblano soup that I had. It was the most simple soup, but so good. I have never had that kind of soup before and I would have gone back another day to have yet another bowl. I also enjoyed a couple of fresh oysters. I like them and I know that they are so good for you.

I have a lot to do do today. I need to make a list and see what will actually fit into my day. Things like laundry, decorating for Christmas, shopping for Christmas, cleaning and I plan to go to church in the evening. Christmas is going to come too fast for me since I didn't get anything ready before I left.

The most important thing will be to focus on getting my good eating habits back on track.
  • Paulawilldo
    Paulawilldo Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Shari, the poblano soup sounds like something I would enjoy. I love peppers, and I love soup! I had soup today for supper, a can of Progresso Tuscan style white bean soup. It was an easy meal and only 2 points for the entire can. More progress here today in the Christmas department. I got a few more gifts online for the little guys (4 and 6 year olds) as well as a t shirt that John will appreciate. Craig was here helping with stuff again. John and I stumbled upon some new outdoor Christmas lights that I totally forgot we had. So this year, our shrubs in the front of the house now have Christmas lights on them, thanks to Craig. I am quite pleased about this! I am well within my WW points range today, with 7 more points available should I decide on a treat. I took Buster to the groomer today, and the receptionist there was kind enough to drive him home to us. I appreciate her kindness so much.
  • shariletts
    Options
    I was able to purchase one Christmas gift online yesterday. I hope to be able to get a few more gifts today. Not sure if I will shop in person or online yet. It was quite a warm day so I hope that DH will get our outside lights hooked up to power, and add some to an outdoor tree. No other real plans for the day. DH's dad is 93 and has the flu quite bad. He is in hospital and it appeared quite dire last night. He has perked up quite a bit this morning. DH has been at the hospital since 4:30am. I think he will be on his way home for a sleep and maybe go back this afternoon.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Shari I will pray for your father-in-law. Will pray by name if you wish to share it here. Please keep us posted on how he does. I am hearing about quite a bit of illness in our area, including Covid again as well as flu.

I did well again today. I find that eating when I am hungry and not waiting for John to be hungry helps me control my portion size. Today I cooked delicious Alaskan Pollock and added organic broccoli (both are zero points). It was very satisfying. I allowed myself 2 cookies and still have 5 daily points remaining. I am not sure if I will use them or not. Sometimes I try to eat a little something right before I take my bedtime medications because I think it better to take Celebrex with food. It was a damp dreary day here all day. We need the rain but the damp and cold goes right through me.
  • shariletts
    Options
    My Father-in-law's name is Alec. He did much better during the day yesterday which is wonderful. The antibiotics and oxygen are doing their job. He was able to eat again and that is a good sign. Thanks for the prayers.

I did okay eating yesterday but I had a bit of a gastric issue so I stayed home. I was quite tired and lazy too. Back to work and routine this morning. I am excited to pick up my new glasses and give contacts a try. That happens after work.

Tomorrow DH heads away for the week. I think I will enjoy some quiet time and I won't have to cook any big meals. I just have to protect some of my evenings as people are offering to meet up for dinner and I don't really want to get a full calendar.
  • DW2022
    Options
    Hello! Prayers for your Father-in-law, Shari!! Add my name to the folks who have Covid.😢 I woke up feeling ill yesterday but got cleaned up and headed to church. I started feeling so poorly that I turned around, went back home and watched the service on Facebook. Later I did a Covid test that was positive then got another test hoping for a different result, but no luck. My PCP did call in a a script for Paxlovid which I just started. I had to call off work for the week and just hope they want me back!
    I took a day off NOOM because all I want to eat is orange creamsicle 😂😂😂😂. Christmas is at a standstill here until I feel better. I hope you both stay healthy!!
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Good to see that your father-in-law showed improvement Shari. I will keep him on my prayer list for sure. God bless him at his age especially. Hope your experience with contacts works out well. Always nice to have a new pair of glasses too. Also hope your tummy issue is better. A week off from cooking big meals is a real treat.

DW, praying for you too. Covid is really making a come back it seems. Take care and rest.

I had a high pain day today but managed, with John's help, to tackle a few things that absolutely had to be done today. I did well with my WW points again, having made good low point choices and still feeling satisfied.
  • shariletts
    Options
    Just a short check in as I have to take DH husband to the airport. It's only 4:3am at the moment. I will go right to work after that and then leave to work from home by noon. Moe should be fine until then.

FIL continues to improve. Remarkable at his age.

Sorry to hear that you caught Covid DW. It definitely is making another round. Let's hope you recover quickly!

Paula, hope your pain will be gone today! You have been doing so well with your eating and weight loss, that should help.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Shari, what a long day it must have been for you! Hope your DH has a safe trip and that his dad continues to do well. Bless all 3 of you!

I have very good news! I saw my electro-physio cardiologist today, and all results are good. My cardiogram showed no PVCs, my blood pressure was great (124/70), and my heart rate was 77! He was very pleased with all of this and told me I don't have to see him again for 2 years. I really like this doctor, and in our area he is considered the absolute best in the field. I could see the joy in him over my results. That means so much. The caregiver from the home health care agency took me to the appointment. It was a different caregiver than last time. Today's gal was very nice too. I would welcome her again anytime. She helped me into her car, which I was able to do without any problem. That is a big deal for me. She got me a wheelchair from the medical office which was such a great help for me too. When we got home from the appointment she changed the sheets for us and even took Buster for a little walk. I will plan to request her when I need to go for my mammogram.
  • shariletts
    Options
    I was pretty tired all day with such an early start to my day. I went to bed quite early and feel much more rested this morning.

Paula- that is all such good news in your post. Excellent blood pressure and heart rate. Having that help that you need is wonderful and will allow to manage so much better.

I didn't eat well yesterday as a neighbour invited me out for appetizers. We ate quite a bit and the food was salty and I am sure fatty too. I will work on doing better for the rest of the week. I was planning for a quiet week at home while DH is away, but people found out and my calendar is filling up. Yikes! I love the company, but everything seems to be over a meal.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Shari, enjoying some time with your friends is a good thing to do. Always good to be appreciated, and I am not surprised you are a popular friend. I have a feeling that if we lived closer together I would be part of the crew inviting you to a meal while your DH is away! Maybe you could approach this week by looking at your invitations with friends as a challenge to have maybe just one or two healthy/compliant meals. Any extra healthy meals would be considered bonuses!

I did not make many healthy choices today. I was a little tired today and was fairly hungry. I sort of gave myself permission to take a day off from healthy choices but have not given myself such permission for Thursday. I do want to see more good numbers at the scale.
  • shariletts
    Options
    Not a good day for me regarding my food choices. I know that I can do better today. I just need to stay focused. I was doing so well before my trip and know that I can get back to those good habits and continue with slow but steady weight loss. I have one last meal out tonight and then I have Friday til Monday on my own and I really hope that I can get that good rhythm going.

Thanks for the encouragement Paula. I hope we can both report successful days for Thursday.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    I made it back on track today, and I am hoping you will do the same Shari starting Friday, after your dinner out tonight. It is a struggle, as we know!

I made a big pot of veggie chili today. It will probably be enough to get us through the weekend. John adds calories to his with shredded cheese or sour cream. If anything, I add just a teaspoon of sour cream.

I am attaching 2 photos taken of Buster as part of a fund raiser held at his doggy day care. Coincidentally the fund raiser was for the rescue where we got him. You can see Buster wearing a Christmas necktie on the Santa photo, but it isn't evident on the Grinch photo.s7gnczitfzlu.jpg

tpggr6rzj44d.jpg
  • DW2022
    Options
    Hello! Paula, congratulations on your great report from the Dr!! Buster’s pictures are so cute!! Shari, how wonderful to get together with friends! I know you will be back on track - this is the season to do our best but also enjoy the season! Always a balancing act… or in my case, a seesaw.
    I’m improving from Covid daily and could have returned to work tomorrow if I’d tested negative today, but it was still positive. I’ve been taking Paxlovid and think it has helped but the medication itself is challenging. It leaves a nauseating metallic taste in my mouth ( others have also experienced this). I like to tell myself that the medication is strong and working! Tomorrow is the 5th and final day of taking it! I’ve been trying to have more accountability for my food but eating seems to be the only thing that helps with the metallic taste and nausea. Have a great Friday!
  • shariletts
    Options
    Those photos are so adorable Paula. What a great keepsake.

Glad you are getting better from Covid DW. Not fun taking a Covid test, will you have to do it again after the weekend to be clear for work on Monday?

I had a lovely visit with my friend and the Sushi was so good. I am really hoping that I can be disciplined starting today. I know my habits were sustainable and I was losing weight. I just need to get back in the right mind set. That seems to be my biggest downfall, getting busy and forgetting to abide by my plan.

We can do this!
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Thanks ladies, for the comments on Buster's photos. John and I are very pleased with how well they turned out.

DW, Continuing to keep you in prayer for your recovery. I have heard of that terrible metallic taste. Hope it eases up for you soon. I wouldn't worry too much about compliant eating while coping with such a nasty taste.

Shari, not always easy to get back on track, but you are right, keeping in mind how your efforts resulted in weight loss should help with motivation. Hope you are able to relax a bit for the weekend.

I am on track again today. Having the veggie chili on hand is a plus for me. It is essentially zero points and very satisfying. Since John enjoys it too, it makes meal prep easy for a while. I accomplished quite a bit today, but at this time of year for me it seems like there is always something else to do!
  • shariletts
    Options
    I did pretty good with my eating yesterday. I could have done a bit better, but compared to the last week, I am quite happy. I am so happy to be able to stay home today. My parents might come out, but I wouldn't be sad if they didn't until next week. I think everyone is worried that I am lonely with DH away, but I really would have preferred more alone time. It really helps me recharge. The commitments to meet with everyone in such a short time frame is difficult for me. My parents won't stay long, so that's a positive.

I am enjoying the borscht that I made in the fall and had frozen. Much better for me than all of the eating out that I done this week.

I think I will make some coffee and spend some time reading this morning. Then I need to clean the house, it's been too long.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Shari,Hope you enjoyed your reading and didn't work too hard cleaning. Always nice if you have a little time to pamper yourself when you have some extra alone time. Hope you got in some pampering too.

I weighed in today and am quite pleased. I am down 4 pounds since the middle of November. It is about 3 1/2 weeks since my last weigh in. So it works out to almost a pound a week, slow but I'll take it. I was quite tired today and still am, so I will keep this short tonight. I didn't accomplish much today and Sunday is always a restful day for me, so I hope to make up what needs to be done early next week.

• shariletts
    Options
    I had such a good day all on my own. Exactly what I wanted! I did a little bit of everything on my list. Today will be a bit busier, but Monday will be another day on my own. DH comes home on Tuesday but not until the evening. That gives me three days of simple meals and I am so thankful for that.

Congrats on you weight loss Paula!!! I would love to be losing a pound a week.

I hope today's day of rest is enjoyable for all.