Daily Check In: Are You On Track Today?

Options

Replies

• shariletts
    shariletts Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    It feels so good to make it to another Friday. Eight hours of work and then two days to enjoy with Kyle and Claire. They fly back to Vancouver on Monday morning. It's been such a good visit so far.

I can totally relate with you DW. Bouncing around and hoping and hoping to make to that next bracket. I did it for a few days and just over again. We can't give up! It will happen if we stay the course.

I love shopping! Not so much Christmas shopping unless I have a good idea of what people want. Have a good time with your sister DW. Having her on NOOM will be super helpful for you as you navigate meals together.

My goal for this week is 1.5 pounds. It has only been one day since my last meal from a restaurant, so I think I can do it. One pound of water weight and half a pound of effort. We shall see. Today is going to be beautiful outside so I am going to make sure to get all of my steps in.
  • Paulawilldo
    Paulawilldo Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    DW, Have fun shopping with your sister. Sharing your Noom experiences and ideas will be an added bonus.

Shari, So good for you to have this time with your DS and his girlfriend. I like your approach of one pound of water weight and a half pound of effort. It can be done, and you can do it!

I was very tired most of today so it was another day that was not very productive, but I did do a few little things. Not sure why I was so tired, but I know enough to rest when I need it. I did well with food options today, which is a bit of progress because sometimes on days when I am tired, my diet goes out the window.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    I did well today all around. I had good energy and less-than-usual pain. I guess the 2 go together. I was able to accomplish a lot, almost making up for my less productive days. I also made good food choices, but my points were higher than I aim for. I will try to have a lower point total tomorrow.
  • shariletts
    Options
    Hello! I wasn't feeling well yesterday and didn't make it to my computer. I had a difficult week, along with a lot of good things, but anxiety got the better of me. I wasn't able to eat or drink much all day and spent most of my time in bed. I am hoping today will be better. I have to be careful not to put too much into my week or I don't have time to recharge. What works best for me is, one night out and two in. If I have three nights out in a row, I don't have time for the quiet that I need. I still have a lot of things to work out in my life that would help with stress and when my stress is low, my weight loss goes a lot better.

The kids are out for most of today seeing friends. I will enjoy the time to recuperate from my bad day yesterday. I need to pack for my trip today and give Moe a bath. Other than that, I want to read and go for a walk.

Paual, glad your pain was under control yesterday. I wish there was a way for arthritic pain to be managed better than what it is. I don't know how you function with daily pain and that it is so unpredictable.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Oh Shari, I feel for you so much. I totally get the anxiety piece. Good to recognize some ways to take care of yourself. Stress and anxiety are tough to cope with and definitely can take their toll on us. Hugs and support to you my friend.

I didn't have a good day today. It started out ok, but as the day went on I didn't feel well and ate whatever I wanted, some of it not very healthy. A very long phone call from a church friend wore me out. She means well but goes on and on and on and on. I try to be kind to her and explain things to her, but she sometimes just wears me out. I took a 2 hour nap when the phone call ended. I felt a little better after I woke up but then began to feel unwell and anxious. The phone call took up way too much of my time today. I will try to be firmer with her in the future. I have to do better on Monday with my food choices.

Let's focus on taking care of ourselves and have a good week.
  • shariletts
    Options
    Paula, thank you for being able to relate. Overspending on our emotions is exhausting and thus need for extra sleep. I definitely slept more this weekend then I typically do. I really love that you pointed out that we need to focus on taking care of ourselves.

Kyle heads home this evening but I work. He should have a good day with his dad though. It will be nice to be working at home though. I will get to see him here and there.

Three more sleeps until my break and I am so thankful for the timing of this trip. I had no idea that I would need to get away this badly when I booked it.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Shari, I am excited for you with your trip coming up! Such good timing for you.

My week is off to a good start. I am feeling good with a relatively low level of pain. The home health care worker came today for the first time. She was originally scheduled for 3 hours but had to change it to 2 hours which was fine with me. The main task was for her to change the sheets on both beds. I then added several other little tasks which she completed in a total of just over an hour. I will be charged for 2 hours which is also fine with me. She did a great job with everything and is also very kind and pleasant. She is a Christian, the daughter of pastor. It is likely that I will have different workers come each time, and I am ok with that too. I will have to speak with the agency to see if it is ok to have their service for 2 hours at at time, except when I need help going to appointments. I won't mind if they hold me to a 3 hour minimum. It is so worth it for me to feel relaxed about the chores I find so challenging.
  • shariletts
    Options
    Paula, I forgot that you were to be expecting a home health care worker. I am so glad that it worked out so well and that you don't have to get worn out doing those hard chores.

Kyle helped my DH take a very very old fridge out of the basement. I asked for help since he would such better help to DH than I would be. I am so glad that I did. The two of them barely managed to get it up the stairs and out the door. That fridge was all metal and very heavy. No way that I could have helped. That is a big job done. When I get back from my vacation, I will be able to move some things around to make our storage space a bit more organized. That will be wonderful. I still have to go through things that we really don't need to hang on to.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Such a good feeling to have that fridge gone! Good that Kyle could help. Youth definitely has its advantages. Are you ready for your trip? Packed yet?

It was a very rainy day here all day with a lot of heavy rain, a good day to be indoors for sure. I did ok with my food choices but still a bit too high with carbs in my estimation. I plan to cut down on the carbs for Wednesday especially because on Thursday's Thanksgiving dinner will be high in carbs other than the turkey.
  • shariletts
    Options
    I packed for my trip last night and waffled between two sizes of suitcases. I ended up taking some things out and I am going with the smaller one. It's only one week but there were so many things that I wanted to take. I had to pack last night since I won't get home from youth until 10:30pm. I just need to pack the toiletries in the morning. I will be hit and miss checking in until I get back on Dec 1.

I ate okay yesterday and hope to do the same today. I didn't make my goal weight for the trip but I know I can resume what I was doing when I get back. The last two weeks were a bit crazy with meals out and my anxiety was high. I will do my best to enjoy my body as is, that is something I need to learn how to do better. See the good, not focus on the downfalls.

Happy Thanksgiving! Turkey sounds wonderful. I didn't cook one for our Canadian Thanksgiving, but I will for Christmas.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Safe travels to you Shari! Will be thinking of you enjoying the warmth and relaxation on your trip. Will also be looking forward to hearing about your fun and adventures.

I did very well today and am pleased with all of my food choices. I discovered a very good filling soup, Amy's organic low fat low salt split pea soup. One can is only 1 WW point. There are 34g carbs in the entire can but with lower carbs in all of my meals I think this is not too high.

Happy Thanksgiving DW and Diane. Happy vacation Shari!
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    We had a lovely Thanksgiving. I ate well but didn't feel like I over-ate. I didn't log any food however. Today was kind of a leftover day, again with tracking my food, but not over the top in terms of calories or carbs. I am expecting to get back to my regular non-holiday routine tomorrow. It seems like a reasonable approach to me.
  • DW2022
    DW2022 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Hello! Paula, I’m happy to hear that you had a nice Thanksgiving! Shari, wishing you safe travels and a fun, relaxing vacation!
    Our Thanksgiving was quiet. Our daughter joined us for the meal yesterday and will join us for the Ohio State football game tomorrow. I started a little online shopping but not nearly enough. I’m getting stressed about having gifts on time to send to AK.
    Sunday I go to my sister’s house to see her new granddaughter who is visiting from CA with her parents and 2 older sisters. DH and DD were both invited but aren’t going.
    My weight was up today-no surprise there-the leftovers are almost gone so I’ll be able to get back on track tomorrow. Have a great weekend!
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    DW, I thought of you as John and I watched the game. We were cheering for Ohio State! Close game and really tough loss. I have very few Christmas gifts as of today. I have been avoiding shopping for some reason I can't identify. John is easy. He is getting just a few items. He never asks for much but this year asked for an Apple watch. I ordered that today and got $50 off thanks to a tip from a good friend. Apple has a special through the next few days. I was unusually hungry today, not sure why. I feel good, and usually the hungries crop up when I am not feeling well.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    It was a busy Monday for me. Craig got our house decorated for Christmas. We don't do nearly as much as we used to when I was more physically able. But our Christmas tree is up as well as our very large outdoor wreath that lights up on the front of our ranch home. I used to put up lights on our long row of bushes in front of the house, but stopped doing that a few years ago. Also, we have single battery operated candles in all windows of our home, a very common tradition in our area.
    I drove today for the first time since Nov. 8 and did pretty well getting in and out of the van. I drove John to his Miracle League board meeting. I felt good about doing that. And then we had our Monday evening Bible study, so it was an unusually full day for me. Unfortunately, my belly was unusually full too lol. I made poor choices, having too many carbs and didn't track my food. Tuesday is an at-home low demand day for me. I will make better food choices too.
  • DW2022
    DW2022 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Hello! Paula, I’m so happy that driving went well! That was a heartbreaking game on Saturday! On Sunday there were 11 children between 13 yrs and 7 months plus 9 adults at my sister’s home. That was just her family plus me. I was only there a couple of hours since I needed to get home before dark.
    Today I had to drive in unexpected treacherous conditions. We didn’t get much snow but the timing and the wind turned it into icy roads. Thankfully it was gone by the time for my afternoon route.
    I wish I could have watched the services for Mrs. Carter. She and her husband were so inspirational after they left Washington! I am still struggling with Christmas shopping but it will work out-it always does! Have a great Wednesday!!
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    DW, Some areas around here got some snow, mostly snow squalls, but here it was just a little flurry. Driving in conditions such as yours today is so dangerous. Glad you remained safe and didn't have to deal with it again later in your day. Today I got back on track logging my food and staying within my points range. I have my electro-cardiology appointment one week from today, so I am motivated to try to drop a few more pounds if possible. I am already getting quite anxious about the appointment, even though I have no observable (to me) heart problems these days. I am such a very bad patient!
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    This was a good day for me with my food choices and WW points. I had salmon for lunch and dinner yesterday and today. I love my salmon! I felt pretty well today also, which helped me complete almost all of my to do list, which admittedly was not overly challenging, but I am still celebrating getting most of it finished. Tomorrow I am getting a grocery delivery. It is a fairly large order, so putting it away will be a main task for me.
  • shariletts
    Options
    I made it back last night and I am all caught up on everyone's news. I had such a good trip. No anxiety, just lots of rest, reading, swimming, walking, and of course, a lot of good food. I would definitely go back. The weather was wonderful all week long. I appear to be up 3 pounds, but I think it will take three days to see how much of that is just water weight. Eating out everyday will do that.

I have today off and I am thankful for that. We host our Bible study, so I will need to decide what to cook and do some cleaning. I should be all set to get back to work for Monday.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Welcome back Shari! Wonderful that you had such a fun and relaxing getaway. What was your favorite meal while on vacation?

I tracked all of my food today and have 9 points remaining, which is a lot in my mind. I got most of my grocery order put away so I am pleased about that. I am also very happy because I did quite a bit of shopping online for Christmas for our family members, especially John's 6 year old Godson and his 4 year old little brother too. I finally feel like I made a dent in my Christmas list.

Here's to a great weekend!