Daily Chats and Encouragements

Replies

• Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,551 Member
    It's amazing that there are three of us who have been married more than a few years. People always seem amazed when I tell them how long I have been married! But when we said those vows before God we meant it when we said, "Til' death do us part." Divorce has never been an option and I am so thankful that I married a godly man! When you know divorce isn't an option you tend to work harder on making your life with this awesome person work!!!

Taking one day at a time with Mom. I think the physical stuff would be easier if the mental stuff weren't there, but it is what it is and we are taking things as they come. My friend has offered to spend a couple of nights here to take those calls from mom so that we are able to get a couple of good night's sleep. I'm the one that needs to get up to care for her needs, but Wade hears the alarm all the same! Was up at 4:30 this morning and with the adrenalin rush of her yelling for me rather than using the button - well, there was no going back to sleep! Life is definitely not boring!!! So grateful that she is with us though, the house was far too quiet while she was at the hospital.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    dwbir7rvawqi.jpg

Woke up to a snowfall warning and close to 9 inches of fresh snow - and we are told more is coming the rest of the day - so by tonight if it does arrive we could have a couple of feet of snow in our yard. Hubby laughed and said 'Reminds me of 38 years ago today when we married and I had to shovel 6 feet of snow so people could get into the house to come to the wedding (we had it in our house) - enjoyed the years we lived there but am so glad we now live in a place (same province) that doesn't have as much snow - yet enough according to my hubby who has to shovel it

Thinking of you wonderful ladies - have a great weekend - remember one week from today and we will be celebrating the birth of our Lord and Saviour
  • bren5535
    bren5535 Posts: 871 Member
    Kim, her yelling for you reminds me of my Mom. She insisted on my door being closed so the reading light didn't bother her, she fell out of be one night, lay in there yelling for me and I never heard a thing. She had to struggle to get herself up. Broke my heart. I'd given her a whistle to use but the only time she did, nobody came to help her...she had turned her scooter over and fallen on the pavement. She was embarrassed to use the walker....never had a cane for help. I don't have that problem...my cane is a third leg for me....but my panic button lays in my purse with dead batteries....replaced now....and I let my cellphone get cut off tho I think it would have still worked for 9-1-1 if needed. Got that reconnected and paid to March of next year.
    All that to say this....you will remain in my prayers for the time ahead, whatever you face, however you handle things and pray for provision, protection, power and peace. May God be your strength for each task and give you much needed rest....in Him.

I had a really good, productive day yesterday. It was very cold (for me!) at 45 with another day of bitter winds. I was so glad I didn't have to go out to take locks off or open gates! That was a blessing!
    Speaking of cold...the gate man had to use every available plug in at the computer area and I don't have a single spot for my heater! I was rather miserable. It's supposed to hit 83 today and next Sunday....83! I like it!
    I made a new friend! She came to rent a unit, has 2 at our other office...Deb didn't have any for her, sent her to me. I gave her a good deal, we talked, laughed, cried together....when she paid...it was $95. She gave me a hundred dollar bill...said "my friend just gave me this, this morning. When I told her I'd I'd pay her back, she said "don't you dare....rob me of my blessing!" She and her husband both wanted to be the ones to help her and she won! She let me read the texts!
    We both were crying by then at God's tender mercies, blessings and provisions! I said "Oh I want your friend! I don't have any here! She said "I'll be your friend! What do you like to do?" I said ....read and lounge around in my pajamas? LOL Since I can't hear...we settled on e-mail and exchanged addresses....then another tenant brought me a gift and said she was so sorry I was leaving but understands why I am...(health issues)....gave me her number. God blessed ME good! They are both precious ladies and go on my prayer list!

Coffee is ready so I'll get some, plan my things to do today. I'd like to stop on the way to work for my oil change, inspection and yearly bath for my car. I'll see how it goes when I need to leave!
  • bren5535
    edited December 2021
    OK...another post but not so long....I was fumbling around, taking trash out, a big bag and a big box from Amazon...got to my car and a big, burly guy came my way, from his truck (neighbor) He said he'd take my trash to the dumpster for me. Sweet! I hold him he was a blessing....and to have a blessed day. I got my walker out of the car...and will declutter it prior to going for car care at 11:30 on my way to work.

I had to put some heat on as it was down to 66 and these days, that's too chilly for this girl...even in the summer!
    I will do some little task when I get up for more coffee. I have my list ready! After work, I need to pick up an order and my meds at Wal-Mart.

I got a card and note ready to mail to my son and our Barbi. Her Birthday is the 23rd. This year has gone by rather quickly it seems and even with all the turmoil, grief and hardships...it has been a blessed and fruitful year. I am so very thankful! Love ya'll...
    3eokf6qbr2hs.jpg

• Marilynsretired
    d5y80fwhrh2j.jpeg

Bren5535 - you make me chuckle when you talk about the weather and needing a heater when it is 66. Here in my part of the world it is 23 F right now during the night it is going down to 7 F = and that is pretty normal for us - though last summer we had record breaking heat at over 100F - but I get it I don't like the cold either - especially when all the snow comes down - we had a large dump last night and where shoveled it is now close to 2 feet but in areas where we don't have to shovel it is like 1 foot. Deep enough though I remember when we married 38 years ago - we lived in the same province we do now but in 24 hours we could easily get 2 - 4 feet of snow. I remember more times when my hubby (who worked on the trains) would leave on Friday and would return home on Sunday and would have dig out the car to find it at the station - and then when he arrived at home (we had a driveway that held 4 cars - 2 and then 2 behind - and the snow would be so deep he had to leave the car on the road walk through 4 - 6 feet of snow to get the 'shovel' as we didn't have a blower, and then shovel the snow to get into the yard and house - would take about 2 hours just to get into the house. Our pathway from the front door to the car was a tunnel because when you shoveled it you made a mound of snow over 8 feet high - kids loved it to slid in.

Anyway hope you are all doing well. Yesterday was are actual anniversary and we celebrated with our daughter that lives with us so it was quiet which was a blessing. I had a horrible pain on the side of the head and this morning woke up with a sinus infection - thankfully I have a medicated spray but will need to give doctor a call in the morning to get some antibotic to help clear this up - not congested just lots of pain of sinus not feeling so well.

Stayed home from church today because of it - but listened to the service on line. Hubby and daughter when to church and should be arriving home shortly.

Blessing to all of you wonderful ladies
  • Restfinder
    When I grew up in Ohio, we didn't ever get that much snow, maybe a foot at best. Now, in NC, if we get snow it usually just lasts a day or two and it's often just an inch or two. I prefer that. I'm with you, Bren, I get cold if it gets under 70 degrees! It was cold and windy here today when we took Mom to her doctor's appointment, which went very well and she is healing great! She's napping now while I watch an old movie and talk to y'all.

Bren, how sweet of these veritable strangers to care for you in that special way. What a blessing. A lady stopped by my work on my 18th birthday and gave me a box of candy. She'd heard me whining on the phone about having to work on my 18th birthday and no one really paying it any mind. She came in with the candy and wished me a happy birthday! That meant so much to me and I've never forgotten it.

Marilyn, you are a hearty lady! Phew, I wouldn't leave the house for the winter if I lived where you live! LOL! I'm glad you are finding success as you faithfully follow your health plan. I'm not thinking about much right now in the "diet" area, taking care of Mom is taking everything I've got mentally and physically, even with my friend's help! Today is going easier than most days so far have gone.

God is good, always! Love y'all.
  • Marilynsretired
    yxru0a6tynr8.jpg
  • bren5535
    Yes Kim! Those are precious memories and precious people who sowed into our lives! I told them they had made my week....after the turmoil and being so sick.... it sowed light, laughter and love into my day for sure. God is SO wonderful and touched my heart and spirit thru them!

I am so very glad for the news she is healing well. Do rest when you can! I hear you on going out in the cold, windy days. I stay chilled a lot these days and am good at about 75.

I am still having a lot of pain but am doing what I can daily and look forward to doing MORE....very soon. Once this middle ear thing resolves and I feel more stable...I will apply myself to my home tasks and will plan on enjoying it.

I did drag myself out of here at 7:30 this morning to get the oil change and inspection done and Sister..I hated it! Avis is now Valvoline, and like the other location I stopped at Sunday...the customer service area is locked to us and we have to stay in our car. I must have said 12 times to the young man, I can't hear you....so he did get in for a few minutes for part of the testing? I was so thankful my tummy had tamed down as I'd already had one accident at home....
    Then I went out to Wal-Mart for yesterday's order pick up.... no meds (too early).....and had another accident when I got home before I went back to unload the car. Ack... so I've done 1 and 2 in my pants. Oops....I know...TMI

I tried to call the pharmacy to have them mail my meds but can't get thru. I do not want to drive back out there but may have to. I'll check my portal to see if I have a scrip left for my Tylenol and ask for it as well when I do get someone on the phone. Now that they do the run out to the car....maybe they aren't getting to the phone?
    Last time I had to hobble inside after waiting to get thru for 30 minutes.
    I just talked to Sharon and she said others have said they can't get thru to WMP either! That will make it harder for us old folks....I wish they would do the auto mail but they don't. You have to ask each time....which means...walk in here and tell us to mail it? Oh well....
  • Marilynsretired
    d4imwijyujqt.jpg

Bren - you are definitely on my prayer list as it seems you are having a lot of medical things acting up. Do what you can and all else will eventually get done. As for getting meds - difficult isn't it. I am so thankful that my hubby (age 77) is able body and goes out in this sick (covid) world to get grocers and meds. I make up the list and he lovingly goes and gets it. He was bringing home things from the store that I had not listed - things that were not all that healthy for me but that he could eat. At one time he was a real enabler and would drop everything to get get me whatever I wanted to eat. But he has changed and am so thankful for that. He is getting better at not bringing food that does not fit this healthy way of eating into the house (things like soda, any candy, fancy breads, cookies) and am so thankful that he has. Usually for Christmas we have treats sitting around the kitchen and living room to munch on while the main meal is cooking but we stopped doing this a couple of years ago. Mainly because I was still gaining weight as my daughter was.

Anyway today is my weigh in day at TOPS. It is also the start of Week 3 of my BLE eating plan. So for Week 1 I lost 6.6 pounds and Week 2 just ended and I was weighed for results today and it showed a lose of 3.3 so that makes 10.2 pounds lost in 14 days of following BLE. It works just need to follow the fabulous program - 3 meals totaling around 1200 - 1500 calories a day with no snacks. The author of this program has her PhD in scientific reasearch on how food affects the brain. And 17 years ago she went from obese to normal weight and has kept it off just by following this plan. It is a lifestyle change for sure and some people think it is restrictive. But really it isn't. Just think of the grocery store - purchase food from all outside isle - fresh/frozen produce, fresh/frozen fruit and your protein choice. Only inside I isle I go down is the one for the spices. But it does take a commitment only because it is a change - when we are used to eating 3 meals, 3 snacks usually full of sugar and/or flour, and sugary drinks - change up all of that and the weight comes. As we all know if we are going to make lasting changes to our weight we need to make changes to what we eat -

Luke 1:5-25, 57 - 65

This is the story of Zechariah and Elizabeth. She became the mother to John the Baptist, making John and Jesus cousins. There is lots in these verses. How Zechariah was troubled when the angel of the Lord came to him to tell him he was going to have a child with Elizabeth in their old age. Because Zechariah did not believe he was struck with not being able to speak. So when Elizabeth gave birth, on the eighth day when he was going to be circumcised, the father would name the child but Zechariah could not speak so Elizabeth named the baby John. Any have a good time reading it.
  • Restfinder
    What awesome stories in the Word about the birth of Jesus.

Bren, so sorry you are struggling. Having mom in the disposable underwear has been a huge help. I know we've talked about it before, but they may be of help to you too when your tummy turns on you. I wear something called "Clean Seat", it's a long pad that is bigger in the back. About a year ago I started having "accidents" I had no idea I had had until next I used the restroom, so I started wearing these. Saves on extra laundry and embarrassing moments. Hate talking about stuff like this but maybe it can be of help.

I'll probably talk about Mom a lot because this is my life right now, being there for her. She's doing great and will be having her first occupational therapy session today. I try to let her do as much as she is able on her own, but she's so unstable I don't feel comfortable letting her do some things. We'll see today what the therapist thinks.

Have an awesome few pre-Christmas days!
  • Marilynsretired
    a8nnvcwaqn6m.jpg
  • bren5535
    Thanks for that tip Kim. I used to wear pads for the incontinence when coughing/sneezing but that hasn't been the problem of late. My mobility issues are a big problem as I just can't get anywhere quickly! I know...me neither....like to think about or talk about these things.

I am so glad to hear she is doing so well! She's in good, loving hands and that makes such a difference. God will bless you all who care for her and help her heal.

I had a lease renewal notice on my door this morning. I am so thankful there is no increase for 2022. I had allotted for one in my retirement budget but am glad there's not one this round. I did let my manager know I was retiring. It's a blessing to be able to stay where I am since moving is so far beyond my capabilities. God is awesome! I have been able to save most of my SS check the past 4.5 years towards retirement and I will be OK by the grace of God and in His provision.

They have hired a new lady to start next week. Sharon said she has 4 grown kids, 7 grand kids and is a big girl, like us. I will work with her 1-2 days. I only work Thu/Fri next week so don't know if they will leave her there both days. Next Friday is my exit day!

Marilyn, you are rocking the program! Wow....Congrats. I've not really found one yet, but do well with the IF...just haven't been consistent. I had gained back up to 238 and today am at 232.4. My FBS was 160 this morning. My averages are still over 200 so I need to apply myself to some rules and restrictions.
  • Restfinder
    I was at 237 this morning. I had gone up to 240, not sure how that happened, but am glad it was back down today. So glad you had that loss Bren, I wouldn't know what to do if I weren't chasing you! LOL!

Today is gift wrapping or bagging day, and then tomorrow we are going to do a pizza party with a couple of the single ladies in the Church, and then Christmas day we will have a dinner at our building for whoever would like to join in. Sounds like a very nice Christmas for this year!
  • bren5535
    edited December 2021
    The boss came by and said he'd have Pam work with me Thu/Fri next week so she'd know the lay of the land. AND....we get the whole day off tomorrow as well as Christmas day...oh yay...he mentioned again they were sad to see me go and are going to do something for me...so that will be a nice surprise....and another blessing!

That does sound like a very nice Christmas, Kim! I did go ahead and order my Tamales. Today, I've ordered lunch, delivered....since I am hobbled at the moment. Forgot where from? Logan's Steakhouse....Steak, baked tater and salad. My left foot decided to go south on Tuesday...with the pain at the back of my heel. I've used some Voltaran on it and am taking my Tylenol twice a day. Hope it heals quickly.
  • Marilynsretired
    vkteki50zq8o.jpeg
  • Restfinder
    Merry Christmas Eve Everyone! d0igo0beh2gf.jpg
  • bren5535
    edited December 2021
    That's beautiful! No white Christmas here at an expected 86 for the day but being "Winter Challenged" this girl is OK with that! I love you Ladies and am thankful for your presence here. May God bless you best where most needed each day...
    vrijinxrso7r.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    bdps65blffo7.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Amen! Beautiful pictures and sentiments, ladies!

We had a really nice Christmas. Mom wasn't able to get out so folks came to us, it was a very nice day. Lots of food too. Praise the Lord I only gained two pounds over the holidays. Back on track on the 1st!
  • bren5535
    That sounds great, Kim! Glad you all had a good time, great food and wonderful company.
    I didn't do anything special here...just rested a lot and scrapped around on forgettable things and enjoyed the peace in my home.
    I'll be at the gate with you, ready to board on the 1st. I look forward to getting on track and taking good care of myself in the time ahead.

I had a restful 3 days off with an extra thrown in.....as I was sick and dizzy all day yesterday and had to call in sick. From 9 AM until 4 PM...so I spent 95% of yesterday in bed, very unstable. I've been much better today. Thought briefly about going in for a half day today and changed my mind. I am off today-Wed. so this gives me a sample run at retirement! I haven't had 6 days off in about 20 years! I'll be so very thankful to get on an even keel again...balance wise and otherwise. My foot is much better today so that is cause for rejoicing! God is so good!

I did go pick up my HEB order...after cancelling the last 5 due to being sick or in great pain so the Tamales were left at the store. They were on at least 4 orders that got cancelled.

I made a pot of chicken veggie soup this morning and had that for breakfast/lunch. I made some tea and am having that with some lemon. That lemon smelled so good when I cut into it! I used to do a cup of hot water, lemon and honey for my pre-coffee drink in the mornings. It's been a long time since I did that. I'm thinking of maybe a grilled cheese sandwich and baby Dills for dinner....or a ham, cheese, tomato and onion sandwich. I have 3 pretty tomatoes in there I need to use.

Be blessed with sweet rest....and new mercies each morning.