Daily Chats and Encouragements

Options

Replies

• Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    The part that hit me in those verses was where Jesus knew that it was His time to leave the world. He knew in exactly the way He would leave the world. Jesus set His face determinedly towards Jerusalem where He knew He would die a horrible death on that cross, but He was determined to get there because it was the only way that we could make it to heaven - He was the only One who could be the sacrifice. He didn't balk in the Garden, He was asking God not to let Him die in the Garden because the devil didn't want Him to make it to the cross - but, just as Abraham knew that his son would be coming down off of that mountain with him even after the sacrifice, Jesus knew that He would make it to the cross even if satan tried to kill Him in the Garden - nothing is impossible with God! People like to think that Jesus was weak and afraid in the Garden, afraid to do the very thing He came to earth to do - it gives them an excuse to be weak and afraid, to balk at obeying God - but if Jesus had disobeyed God, He wouldn't have been a worthy sacrifice! He didn't put His hand to the plow and look back!

Had breakfast/lunch out today. I had the Ligonberry Crepes, 590 calories on the menu. I just looked it up on IHOP and it said it was supposed to come with ligonberry butter, but I didn't have that, but there was plenty of butter on it, so that is probably what I ended up with calorie-wise! Yummers. I'll do a 180 calorie protein drink and a 180 calorie bag of veggie straws for dinner! With the 180 calorie protein drink I had at around 7 AM, that should put me at 1130 for the day, or thereabouts.
  • bren5535
    bren5535 Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I rested well last night but woke up with a bad sore throat, hacking and almost throwing up for about 30-45 minutes. I'm OK now and the throat is much better. I have my broth and teas in there for comfort today.

We had our sale yesterday (5 units) and two called after the fact, one came in after it started, wanting to pay, argued there was no way it was sold already, how much did it sell for, who bought it etc. Then she thought she was going to go down there and stir up trouble but I saw her and closed the gate before she could drive thru. Nobody needs that drama. They have weeks, phone calls, paperwork etc. and know full well when the sale is and when it has to be paid to redeem from sale. The other one called 4 times in 10 minutes...and I got to pass him off to the bosses. Whew....One girl, was allowed to get some paperwork from hers and cried. I considered paying but she owed $380. I did that a couple times before tho it was for a different situation.

I got my Thanksgiving goodies except for turkey gravy, and will add that to my order for pick up today. I got the Hormel Complete turkey/dressing meals, green beans, sweet potato and NSA apple pie. Won't need much more than that.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Oh, that's good about getting your Thanksgiving dinner. I think there are going to be quite a few folks out there who won't have the turkey or ham that they want. This supply shortage is crazy and could have been avoided. I think our government wants us to be standing in bread lines like they do in Russia! They are trying to take us in that direction politically anyway! Don't be fooled, they want things the way they are, it's no surprise to them - but I think they are surprised that there is so much push back! So sorry you were ill last night, but glad you are doing better this morning. I had a bit of a headache last night, not sure what brought it on and the pain in my knees, but that is doing better this morning although my left knee feels a bit unstable so I am using a cane. So grateful to God that the pain has lessened. I'm trying to rest it and not do my walking or be up and down as much.

Well, time to take care of some feet washing for MOM. Love y'all.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,534 Member
    Options
    ufby6jfpr7jw.jpg

Well after all the rain causing record breaking mudslides and flooding of over 7 feet deep - now it is snowing where I live. Hubby went grocery shopping yesterday - all shelves were bare - no TP, fresh produce, no beef, no chicken, no eggs, no butter and frozen and canned foods are dwindling fast. They told us this morning that they are working on getting supplies out to all cities / towns as fast as possible but with no roads available to massive mudslides and the 2 railroads have stopped also as the train tracks are washed out and they don't know when they will be back up as there is a lot of bridges and tracks out. Nothing like wanting to eat healthy and then not being able to purchase the healthy food - all that is left is things like pop, chips, candy - so thankful that we do have some still in the freezer and the 1/4 of a hind that we have ordered from our daughter is ready - other daughter is going to go 1/2 way to pick up her order and ours (she will do it on the weekend) But with the snow coming down - but praying that they will be able to do it as it will be nice to have the freezer full.

So my breakfast was different as I usually have eggs and we don't have any and due to the flooding and the farms losing all their chickens that they sell and all their laying chickens and the eggs - not sure when we will get any. So this morning had to go for oatmeal - which is ok but not something that I usually have - and I don't eat any boxed cereal due to the sugar in it. Now my lunch is going to be different also as I usually have an English Muffin with 1 egg and a slice of cheese - this now out till supplies can be brought in. So unfortunately I have had to resort to having macaroni - this is a food that I do enjoy but I avoid it due to the carbs and that it is made with flour which I avoid due to flour is a food that enhances food cravings. So not having an amount that I would usually have had in the past - having it along with my banana and an orange. Thankfully my dinner will be the usually - tonight we are making hamburger patties and serving them with peas/corn and a boiled potato (4 oz) for me.

Tody (our male rescue dog) had to go to the vet. We have discovered he has allergies to food - so now for 14 days he is on meds to help relief the itching and thankfully we bought a month of high quality no grain food for him. The mush from the can is beef and carrots with nothing else added and the nibbles is kanagroo food - vet said we made a good choice. He said to watch for 3 months and if he is still having problems we will need to take him in for blood work to find out just what the food is that is causing the problem. He believes it is the grain which is common in a lot of dogs - poor little fellow even though he had a good bath is still stratching more then he should.

So I am working on not letting my anxiety to get out of hand - between the road closures and not knowing when they will get food to the shelves here in the city, 2,000 people that were evacuated all living in very close quarters here in town (thankfully we can put them up but a concern re covid and the seasonal flu) and now the dog needing to be treated - one thing after another. But God is in control and I just keep going back to Him thanking Him that He is in control and that He will bring us through all of this.

Well, my lunch is ready - so need to go and eat it - take care <3
  • bren5535
    Options
    Kim, that was my third attempt to get the Hormel meals! They were out of stock the other two times so I got two while I could get them. Those and the Lean Cuisine ones are really good and the LC one has yummy baked apples as a side in it. Built in portion control too.

Oh! I need a foot washing, nail clipping, hair cut session! LOL I agree....about the bread line situation as well as the rat your neighbors out that seems to be coming as well. Make the nation (the world really) dependent on the government then pull the rug out from under them.

I'm glad you have a cane handy. I am so glad to have mine and I use it daily. I have the walker as well but don't use it unless I have to which isn't very often. It works as a stability tool for exercise...knee lifts and the like.

Oh Marilyn! My heart breaks for you guys, facing fiery trials from so many directions! Weather, flooding, fires earlier on, severe shortages of food and supplies...vet situation....continued prayers for us all in the days ahead!

I need to return a call...and count down to 5:00. I have a Wal-Mart order to pick up after work. Love y'all.....
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    xz8v3lyqpt40.jpg
  • bren5535
    Options
    I asked Zach about the exit interview our handbook calls for and if we'd be doing one. He said yes, but it would be short and not real formal and they are working on something for me....so will let me know when things are finalized. Hooya! perhaps a retirement bonus? That would be a huge blessing! Time is slip sliding away and I am so thankful! 26 work days and 12 off days left until I head for the house!
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Marilyn, I am praying for you and your family! What a large load you are facing. Keep trusting in the Lord and letting go of the negative thoughts and look to Jesus to sustain you. He allows difficult times in our lives to make us grow. I have to do that with things in my life - let go of a thought, no matter how it comes, that isn't from Jesus, and get my eyes fixed back on Him. It's amazing what praising Him can do for our hearts and minds. I hope that you find answers for the dog too. Poor baby. Kangaroo food, I don't think I could find something like that where we live!

Bren, woohoo, girl, I am so excited for you! I hope the bosses do right by you - I think they will.

Still having pain in the knee, but praise the Lord it's better today. It hurt from my calf to my thigh yesterday, but today it's just the knee again and that pain is manageable. Still using the cane and brace though because the knee still feels a little bit unstable.

Y'all have an awesome weekend. Love ya
  • bren5535
    Options
    Thanks Kim! It's such a nice surprise and a blessing...whatever they decide to do. Since paying my car off, I've been putting that money in my "Retirement" fund and by living a lot more frugally/carefully, I'll be OK financially. Any extra is certainly welcome and will be a help. I'm still sending my son money each month and that's one place I need to be careful.

Oh I hear you...on the knee pain and instability. It doesn't take a lot to throw us off balance. Reminds me...I need to take my walker home and start collecting some personal items before long.

I had a breaker tripping this morning. First time in all the 24 years I've been here! I had the dishwasher, air fryer and toaster oven all on at once. I had already turned off the coffee pot. I thought at first it was my air fryer going out! Then I realized my toaster oven wasn't working either and the DW had stopped.

I had to pull down my big old bulletin board to get to the breaker box and that was so hard to get back on the wall. I will watch what I'm up to in the future!

It's very windy and cloudy here today after a beautiful, sunny day Friday and Saturday. I am looking forward to 4 days off coming up! Enjoy the rest of your day.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    When we were living in Hickory, Mom had to be careful which appliances she used at the same time or she'd blow a fuse, and those were hard to come by since that box wasn't new!

Knee still wonky. It will be after the holidays before I'm able to do anything about it.

We are going to cook some turkeys this afternoon and then do the hams in the morning. The Church is getting together for our Thanksgiving meal. Yeah!!!
  • bren5535
    Options
    Prayers for you and yours in the days ahead. Enjoy your day with the Church...the fellowship and sharing and really good food.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    4d8oz0x3tn4c.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    cxatf8har2p1.jpg
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    Just letting everyone know that we are going to be out of town for a few days. We are heading to my mother's tomorrow, then to Branson on Tuesday. We are wanting to go to Silver Dollar City for the Christmas festival. Pictures to follow - I hope.

Say a prayer that all goes well with Bill... We need to get out and do some fun things, but it is getting more difficult all of the time.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    dlrhgy5hlj3r.jpg

Scripture verse that spoke to me today is the following

Proverbs 6:16-19
    There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him:
    haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, fee that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Just hopping on to ask for prayer. Kim's mom fell and broke her hip yesterday and is having surgery this morning. Prayer for quick healing, doctor's, nurses and all of her care givers, peace and strength for Kim and Wade.
  • bren5535
    Options
    Thank you Connie! Will be in prayer for them for sure. Prayers for you and Bill and your trip ahead as well. God has all the details and each of you in His tender care. Hugs...
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    bfw7ef1wgdzu.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I hope that your trip goes well, Connie! I know how much you love going to Bronson for various reasons. Prayers going with you!

Mom is still in the hospital and not at rehab yet. She is doing great and making strides with therapy, but the doctor at the rehab attached to the hospital has to do an evaluation and then accept her (hopefully) and that hasn't happened yet. It's a miracle she is doing so well and even still with us. They did a saddle block for her surgery rather than putting her deep under anesthesia and that has made a huge difference, especially mentally. Praise the Lord they chose to do that.

Not much else going on with us right now but taking care of Mom and getting her through this.

Love y'all.
  • connierandel
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Kim- Got to Branson about an hour ago and we are just relaxing this afternoon. Tomorrow is Silver Dollar City and their huge Christmas festival. I tried to rent Bill an electric wheelchair, but they said they were sold out. We will see when we get there. Our wheelchair wouldn't work because of the steep hills, so he is going to have to walk and that is going to severely limit what we do and where we can roam. I will check again in the morning and we will see.