Daily Chats and Encouragements

Options

Replies

• bren5535
    bren5535 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I got a scammer post this morning from a hacked account. My profile pic is a map with "find joy in the journey"....LOL Probably a Nigerian aiming to snag some poor old lonely woman with such a generic post. He had 2 snagged already. The world is so full of evil and ill intent.

Bobbie Hernandez
    Hello, dear! I am a very huge fan of your wall and definitely think that we have to discuss some of the topics you`re interested in person. From the moment I first saw your profile photo I was absolutely impressed by the shine of your eyes. Then when I saw your posts I have just thought that we have something common. What do you think?
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,347 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I hope you are having a very good Friday. It is windy and chilly here, just like Fall is supposed to be! The little heater is going to make up for the other heating that we keep lower in the cold months - very familiar and heart-"warming".

Having some pain all over today, especially in my legs. Probably won't walk. I keep expecting my calves to seize up but, praise the Lord, so far no cramps there, just soreness. My dishes may have to wait another day. I did get my clothes switched around, the winter clothes onto the shelves in the closet and my summer clothes into the dresser. Everything looks so organized now - let's see how long that lasts?! LOL!

Have a great rest of your day!
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    Wow! I haven't gone in and totally cleaned out my gmail account since 2012. I didn't realize the THOUSANDS of emails that I thought were deleted that were still showing in the account. Since I use google drive so much, I noticed that I was over half way to my limit (which is rare), so I decided to check out the email. I had over 50,000 emails in my "category" section under "promotion". I had 4 in my inbox. I couldn't just delete all of them, or the 4 that I needed to keep would have been deleted, so I had to delete a page (50) at a time. Now I am at less than a fourth of my limit. I guess I need to check this more often.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I have two g-mail accounts and have one on my phone that we used for our Zoom Church meetings when Wade and I weren't able to be together for them, pretty much just Duke Power shows up there now. I have no idea what the other one has done, I can't even remember why I got it. I use our Yahoo mail every day, we've had it since 98. There have been times I've been tempted to just go with g-mail, but too many people have my Yahoo e-mail (doctors, friends, businesses for bill sending), it would be too much hassle to change over!

We had a King Tide over the weekend. Our neighbor across the street has a marsh, the sound, a jut of land and then the ocean, behind his house. So when there is a high tide his yard fills with water. I hadn't seen it go nearly to his house before though, or even cover his driveway, but this tide sent water over his driveway and just about 10 feet from his house. We stayed dry though, but the canal in front of our house filled up higher than it's ever filled up. Our neighbor (pastor and his wife) had water in their side yard because there is a culvert that draws the water across the street right beside his driveway. He's had a pond before in that area, but this covered that side as well as some of his front yard and way into the back as well. Even this morning the neighbor's yard is about half as full as it was yesterday with the new tide that came in. Phew, praise the Lord we stayed high and dry!
  • bren5535
    Options
    Wow...that tide stuff would worry me a bit! Glad it didn't reach their house.

I have a g-mail account, haven't been over there in over a year. I got it when AT&T was being stupid, trying to bill me for 2 months I had NO service, due to an accident out front that took out the telephone pole, 2 other cars besides the driver that flew into things....missing mine by 10 feet or so....whew! It took a year for repairs to be done and 3 letters to them refusing to pay for service I didn't get and switching to Suddenlink. Their tech support was awful too! I thought I'd lose my yahoo account when all that was done but I haven't yet. I did however, forget my password! Imagine that?
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,529 Member
    Options
    eahwy2s9ggod.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Yeah, just as Philippians tells us to give thanks in everything! Not thanks for the bad stuff, but thanks that God is with us in the midst of the bad stuff and He has a purpose and plan through the bad stuff He does allow. OOO, I want a puppy to hug, but I would need someone to come and take care of it!
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Having a good day today. It's pretty here again. If it stays nice I will try to do some walking this afternoon!
  • connierandel
    Options

I am HATING this new format! I keep trying to figure out a way that it doesn't do all of the double spacing of lines but it is doing what it wants. It sure make it hard to do lists.

• Calories - 1088
    • Carbs - 96
    • Sat fats - 13
    • Cholesterol - 250
  • bren5535
    Options

ME TOO! ...and yes I am yelling!

• Marilynsretired
    Options
  • Restfinder
    Options
    It's strange how what we become accustomed to (like double spacing for paragraphs in these posts) is such a habit now - I don't think about double spacing, I just do it and then have to back space to make it right in these posts. I'll get used to this too!

A warm day. Walking was a little bit hard because I was having trouble catching my breath. My heart rate was going a little bit higher than I've been used to as well.
  • connierandel
    Options
    It was soooo cold today! I think the high was 39. It was so windy, too....in other words, no walk.

Calories - 1113
    Carbs - 83
    Sat fats - 10
    Cholesterol - 153

Wow! It is not automatically double spacing! I'm glad that they worked that out. I hope it sticks.
  • bren5535
    Options
    It was chilly and windy but sunny and lovely at my spot on the map yesterday. It's only supposed to be 60-62 for a high but starting at 37.

I have a hair cut on my agenda...very soon. Maybe on my Birthday next month when I have to be out for my appointment with the kidney Dr., Get labs done perhaps and the oil change and inspection on my car. She needs her annual spiff and shine as well.

I finally got my vacuuming done Wednesday and have more home chores to tend to. No laundry was done...again. My inner maid hasn't made an appearance in about 4 months?
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    9jq17kus5cda.jpg

Bren I had to smile when you said a high to 60 - 62 - where I am on the map our high today is to get to 41 and honestly don't think it is going to reach it as it is 39 now and it is mid afternoon already. I have to smile when you talk about laundry - it is a chore isn't it. I like to do it weekly but my hubby doesn't like clothes laying around that long to be washed so I am finding every 3 days we are doing at least one load - but at least it is keeping it all up.

Doing ok with eating - Thursday I noticed that the scale was up (officially I weigh in on Tuesday) and got to thinking what I had different. I realized that for 2 days in a row I had 2 oz of hard cheese each time - and that does it for me. So as of yesterday I am off hard cheese - too much sodium in it anyway. Scale dropped this morning so I am hopeful that it will drop even more by Tuesday. According to the food tracker today it said that if I eat as I am today that in 5 weeks I will be down to a nice new number - about 9 pounds less than what I am today. So I guess I am on the right track.

Our Toby (as in dog) has gone to the groomer today - the previous owner that has had him for 8 years has not bathed or groomed him in over 2 years and he was smelly and his poor skin was so itchy. He should be ready to come home in about an hour - will take a picture of him (naturally) and share it with you as he is one handsome little dog. And so talented - would you believe he like likes watching animals on tv - he communicates with him in such a cute way his head going back and forth.

Praying for all of you - remember to look to the Lord for all your needs and He will supply all of them.
  • bren5535
    Options
    I would enjoy doing laundry if I didn't have to drag my carcass and my carts out to the laundry room! We always seem to have at least 0ne of the four washers not working and one or two of the dryers out. I would like to get one round done tomorrow before work and will pray for the strength and will to do so.

I've been watching videos a lot here lately, a lot are political ones, which tend to spark irritation and anger...many are food related which make me hungry but not inspired enough to cook...tho my Ramen upgrades came from videos. I like simple, quick, easy things. Wednesday, I cooked some pork Carnitas with a potato, onion and a packet of onion soup mix. It was delicious. I finished it off last night. I hope once I retire, that I will be spurred to cook better for myself and eat much less processed stuff.
  • Marilynsretired
    edited November 2021
    Options
    lzzjphijisew.jpeg

Hope you are all having a great Sunday. Went to church this morning - an amazing service - what a great pastor to be able to preach a sermon that most pastors would avoid- so thankful to have him leading the church.

After lunch I did some searching for healthy grain free food for our new members (Toby and Bella) as Toby seems to be having an itchy skin problem. He was just groomed yesterday (after his previous owner neglected this for more than 2 years) so he is much better but still wanting to scratch. So we are doing a search on better quality of food. And have found a good starting plan - the pet store deals with rescue dogs a lot and is aware of allergies in these dogs. So on Wednesday we go to pick up a month of food for them - praying that it will help with the itching in the poor little guy.

Just got an email from the rescue with the rescue papers to be completed but waiting for her to give me a call as I have a question about it. Then to get it back to them. Hopefully we haven't come up with a snag (my anxiety is showing) but am trusting in the Lord with this - can't imagine if for some reason they have decided to reverse the process of us having them.

Need to take the picture of Toby from my phone to my laptop in order to post it here so will do that sometime today.

Here is what our Pastor preached about today and wow what a good job he did - if you would like a link to it let me know and I will put it up for you

Matthew 7:13-14 Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

https://www.kamloopsalliance.com/podcasts/media/2021-11-14-narrow-and-wide-gates
  • Restfinder
    Options
    We had a get together with the body on Saturday and then had lunch together after services. Such a great weekend of fellowship!

Great verses. I don't think that many understand what that narrow way requires or really want to know. They like having their ears tickled and drinking milk rather than eating the meat in the Word. Few are finding that road and that is the road to eternal life. That is very sad.

Still having knee trouble. I was pretty sure it was from the arthritis in my knee which came from the injury to the cartilage several years ago. I found some info on WebMD and it gave a name for it: Chondromalacia Patella. My knee hurts at my knee cap, and the damage was done under that. All the things it mentioned as a sign of the problem were things that I struggle with all the time, but not as severally as I am right now, so I think it's a flair up of that and will take rest and anti-inflammatories (which I can't take) so I'll try some ice tonight when I go to bed. I found this pain relief cream too (Amish Origins) which I will try as well.

Other than that, just my normal life!
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    ypp8tswq5hnd.jpg

Woke up to a small blizzard which lasted about 10 minutes now the sun is shining. But here where I live (British Columbia Canada - west coast of Canada) things aren't looking good. We had extreme heat during the summer with horrible wildfires (the 4th year in row) which took out an extreme amount of timber. So in the last 36 hours we have had rain that the province has never recorded in history. All major roads to the coast are damage and closed. One town - Hop BC -all roads that enter and leave that town have been washed out so many people are stranded - no trucks can get in to deliver food and they don't know when they will get the roads safe to travel on due to all the mudslides. 275 people we stranded in their car between two mudslides for over 14 hours. Two towns - Princeton and Merritt are flooded out - the town of Merritt which is about 45 miles from us has a population of 2,000 and all were evacuated during the summer due to wildfires and now they are once again due to flooding as the sewage has backed up so sewage is running down the main street and into everyone's home. They were evacuated as they were told they could not flush a total or turn on any taps in their house. Remember when Covid started and a shortage of TP happened - it has happened here again as no cities in the province are able to get trucks in to bring in food / supplies. The main highway from the Vancouver (at the coast) to central British Columbia (where we live) has had major damage and they say it could be months before that highway is up and running - but God is in control and we just need to lean in on Him - on saying that there are a lot of people really suffering right now - no drinking water, no food available to purchase as the stores are running out as the truckers cant get it to them. And all trains have been shut down as the mudslides have wiped out the tracks. Please, please pray for safety for everyone and that things can get somewhat better soon for aid to everyone - here where we live the population is just over 100,000 and Costco is now out of toilet paper as well as all other chain stores - let alone things like eggs, milk, meat.

Went to my meeting this morning for a quick weigh in - said to report that I had a small gain of 1.2 pounds but I know what I did wrong - I am still down 11.6 pounds in 9 weeks so am ok with it - it was my 2nd time I had gained since Sept 7 (11 weeks) so I feel I am onto a good eating plan - just need to remember that should I deviate even a little I will gain - and that is what happened - I had some hard cheese and it does it to me every time. So that is not going to happen again.

Want to share these verses with you - it is one that we reflected on during our Rooted course this week.

John 13:1-5
    It was just before the Passover Festival. Jesus knew that the hour had come for him to leave this world and go to the Father. HAVING LOVED HIS OWN WHO WERE IN THE WORLD, HE LOVED THEM TO THE END. The evening meal was in progress, and the devil had already prompted Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot, to betray Jesus. Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under his power, and that he had to come from God and was returning to God; so he got up from the meal, took off his outer clothing, and wrapped a towel around his waist. After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples' feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him.

• Marilynsretired
    Options
    yr9t7knzrwe7.jpeg