Daily Chats and Encouragements

Options

Replies

• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,505 Member
    Options
    June 23 2021

@grallen904 - hi, nice meeting you. I gave up both sugar and flour in November 2019 when I started following the food program I am on - did well for the first 3 months, then took flour back but not sugar. Weaning slowly does not work - there is scienctific reasons that show that it is best just to go off it completely as a little flour will bring on the cravings. For instance one slice of bread at breakfast and my day for food goes down the drain as the cravings keep getting stronger and stronger. It works the same way as smoking, drinking or taking drugs - can't just have one - I am a food addicted and the addiction of the food is the flour and sugar - if you want a good book to read that explains how the science around this affects the brain email me and I will share the book with you - it is the basis of the program I am doing.

-Marilyn <3
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Grallen, I get two kinds of Owyn Protein drinks, one is a meal replacement of 300 calories and the other is a snack at 180 calories. I also get Bulletproof Collegen Protein drink. It's not a shake type drink, just a regular coffee flavored drink, but it has 110 calories and 8g of protein. Here are the numbers you can look up on Amazon:B08VQ9VTVK; B07TFKT734; B08FJK4D1D. The Owyn products use organic cane sugar but it's low on the list, the Bulletproof uses Erythritol, monk fruit and Stevia, but it isn't a sweet drink at all! I use a protein powder in my smoothie though, it's KOS, a plant based product. I really like it, although I've only used it in my smoothies and muffins.

I can't eat wheat without side effects, and lactose and caseinate in dairy products also gives me the same side effect. There are breads out there that don't have wheat in them, but you pay a pretty penny for them and they are fairly dry. I like to make muffins without wheat, using coconut flour, oatmeal
    (middle cooking one, not instant) and protein powder. Almond flour could be used too if wheat is a problem. You can also use oat flour. You can still get that bread feeling if wheat is the problem. I also can't eat any kind of manufactured sugar replacement. Aspertame gives me migraines and sucralose causes heavy fatigue and stomach issues. I use Stevia powder if I want something sweetened. My husband can taste it in what I use it in, but I don't notice it any more. I think my Owyn drinks are pretty much the only thing I have with sugar in it, and it's organic cane sugar lower down on the list.

Am staying on track with my diet and have house walked the past couple of days, adding steps yesterday. I had between 1900-2000 steps yesterday. I last looked at my step count around 8 PM and it was at 1850. It takes around 40 steps to get to my bathroom from my bedroom and I walked that twice more before midnight, so that would be at least 160 more steps, so 2000 is probably right! Weight was at 237 this morning (after my protein drink breakfast, so doubt that changed much. Just happy to be under 240).
  • grallen904
    grallen904 Posts: 104 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Hi Marilyn, nice meeting you too. I did not know stopping cold turkey was the way to go. Good information. Thank you for the offer of the book information but at this time, I’m not looking to stop with sugar or flour. I have reduced my bread and sugar intake, relying on fruits for my sweets. Although I don’t normally have a “sweet tooth”. However, I’m not one to turn down a piece of chocolate cake. The key for me is I’m not eating these things on a daily basis.

Restfinder, congrats on being under 240. It’s interesting to hear and learn about the various drinks. I’ll give them a look on Amazon. My routine now is keeping my calories on or below 1200. Of course, MFP doen’t like it when I go below 1200 but so far that is what works for me. I do try to make the calories I eat purposeful. Meaning, I don’t fill up on ice cream, cake, cookies but try to stick with fruits, vegetables, boiled egg (I love boiled eggs) and my protein shake. The weekends are killers for me because the hubs likes to cook, so I try to keep the portions small.

Today, we mowed the yard. He rides and I push mow. I mow the parts he can’t get to with the rider. Then I trimmed some bushes in the front and did some weeding. Needless to say, I was pooped by the time I got done and I know I burned a lot of calories. Tomorrow morning is my official weigh in so I’m hoping the scale goes down. Finger crossed.

It was a scorching warm day with high humidity which did its number on me working in the yard. I had to stop and rest several times so it took me longer to get things done. Hubs ride mowed then trimmed the yard. He was pooped too. We’re not spring chickens anymore. LOL

Have a blessed evening.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Hmmm, I think we are winter chickens now! They don't like to leave the coop like those spring chickens do! Great job doing the yard work, definitely exercising!

I try to keep my calories from 1000-1500. Six days a week I stay within 1000 to 1300 and then add a treat in sometime over the weekend and that takes me to that 1500 mark.

I was talking to a friend today and she was telling that finding what her body needs has been hard for her. Some days she is just really tired and she doesn't know if it's because she got too few carbs or protein or fat that day, did she miss that happy place her body needs. Every body is different and going by set numbers isn't always the right thing to do for your body. I can't eat as many calories as SP or MFP give me to eat - I'd gain weight on that much food - I struggle to lose even when I pick my numbers! Some bodies do well with a high protein/low carb diet; other people just can't do it, their bodies need those carbs to function. I'm in the middle, I like to eat more protein and less carbs but can't do it with some of the numbers that friends are doing it at, I'd feel like I was running on empty! Find your happy place, where your body is functioning the best - you are more likely to stay on your healthy plan if you feel good!

Got my hair cut and colored today, way too much gray showing through. I like seeing a blond in the mirror! LOL!

God bless your day.
  • bren5535
    bren5535 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I've been at 223.8 the past two days. Yippee...I'd gained back up to 232 a couple months back so I am glad to see a move in the right direction.
    I'd put a note on our maintenance list at home yesterday and even tho the manager is on vacation until Monday, it was tended to when I got home.
    Oh Yay...I have light again. All three bulbs were out in the dining room and I had one out in the bedroom. Apparently, he'd broken a bulb, as all 4 of my DR bulbs were gone and I saw slivers on the floor. I'm glad I saw them before stepping on them barefooted. I picked them up. I need to get more regular bulbs. The BR uses the corkscrew looking ones and I have plenty of those.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    June 25 2021
    Oh we are having such a heat wave - though I prefer summer over winter for weather this is just to much heat.

I do agree that we have to find that sweet place as to just how much food works for us - but on saying that I also know that if we lower it to low we are not getting the necessary nutrients that we do need. Another issue I see with many is the amount of protein - some to low some to high - I have to be very careful with the protein to make sure it is right on as I have what is called Chronic Kidney Disease - our normal health number for kidney function (when we have blood work done) is 60 - mine went to a low of 40. I was able to bring it back up to 45 at one time and am working at seeing if I can bring it back up to somewhere in the 50's. Most times you can't improve this number but you can help it with making sure you get enough water. But to much protein makes it difficult to bring it back to normal - so for everyone please do watch the amount of protein.

So grateful that I made it through last nights AGM meeting at the church (was a zoom meeting that lasted 3 hours). We have been at this church for 16 years and the only time we have ever left a church is if we moved out of town. But unfortunately though it is a congregational led church, the elders have taken charge - not showing grace that at one they did. So after much prayer, reaching out to the leaders of the church to see if we could become united but they are not willing to hear our concerns therefore we have felt we have done what we can to stay but have been forced to make the decision to revoke our membership with it and move on. This has brought on a lot of grief as 80% of the people that were there 16 years ago have all left in the last 5 years due to the leadership - all for the same reasons - so sad that these believers are not seeing or hearing the hurt that has happened - and rather than reach out to see what they can do to help they have basically said if we are not happy just move on - not at all like it should be.

Anyway we are in the process of checking out different churches and have narrowed it down to 2 that we think would be a fit - most things we agree with and what we don't agree are non essentials - so will be listening online to the one that we think we favor most reaching out to the leadership so that we can talk with them - just want to make sure it is a good fit for us and for them. Please pray for us as it is unsettling not having a church family especially during this time we are dealing with re pandemic.

Looking forward to getting fully back on track with my food plan - I believe that now that we have made a decision to change churches that the food issues I am dealing with will be much easier to handle - anxiety and stress are triggers for me.

Proverbs 8:32-36
    And now, O sons, listen to me; blessed are those who keep my ways. Hear instruction and be wise, and do not neglect it. Blessed is the one who listens to me, watching daily at my gates, waiting beside my doors. For whoever finds me finds life and obtains favor from the Lord, but he who fails to find me injures himself; all who hate me love death.

-Marilyn
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    Marilyn - Two of the hardest things I have ever done were leaving two churches. One was the church that I had been raised in and the other was where my husband and I met. God had to just about shake us loose from the last church, but we didn't have a problem finding a new church. A pastor of ours from over 20 years prior is pastoring a church about 10 miles from us, so we have a pastor that we love. We have been there about 8 years, and we love the church dearly! It is truly home for us. Praying that God leads you to your new home.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    June 26 2021

Oh what a hot day it will be today - it is 27C (81F) and it is only 8am. High today is going to be 102 F (40C+) and that is the low temperature for the next week. Tuesday it should get as high as 115F -so though I really like summer that day is just going to be to hot.

@connierandel - thanks for sharing your story about leaving 2 different churches. It saddens me greatly that 16 years ago when we started that only 6 people are left from the original people - and 80% of these people have left during the last 3 1/2 years under the current leadership - and they are not concerned that something is wrong.

So today I am working on finalizing our letter to the leadership are the removal of our membership and the reasons why - need to make sure I word it correctly so that it comes from love but with Biblical reasons as to what I am feeling is wrong.

At any rate now that as a family we made this decision I can get my mind back to taking care of my health - so as it is too hot to be out and about am going to work on making up meals - would like to get 5 different dinners and 5 different lunches - this will make it easier to record and plan for the days coming up.

Proverbs 12:11
    Whoever works his land will have plenty of bread, but he who follow worthless pursuits lacks sense

Proverbs 12: 19
    Truthful lips endure forever, but a lying tongue is but a moment.

Proverbs 12:22
    Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord, but those who act faithfully are his delight

Proverbs 12:25
    Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad.

-Marilyn <3
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Love the verses, Marilyn. I've been with my present pastor for over forty years. Wade and I were in Hickory for about 13 years and away from the body taking care of his mom, but we are back and it is wonderful. We looked for a Church when we were away but couldn't find one that lived what they said they believed on their web site. We would go and visit two or three times and were just disappointed every time. One pastor couldn't remember Wade's name and his preaching sounded like it came off of the computer. His little church was trying to be a mega church! So sad. Another Church had some good preaching, but the children were out of control during the service and it was terribly distracting. Another church had some biblically unsound practices (women teaching men was one of them) and we knew that at some point some of these things were going to become an issue and rather than cause strife we just chose not to go. We had services at home. The church is the people, not the building. We need fellowship with one another, but not at a place where truth isn't lived or preached.

We had a good weekend. Our Zoom service was held at our house this weekend so our Pastor, his wife, and another single lady in the Church came over and then we had a very good meal afterwards! Yum! I was not on track this weekend but back on plan today!

God bless.

• kzrkzr
    kzrkzr Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am still dealing with lockjaw. My dentist said let's give it 2 more weeks!! I am not feeling well at all...having this dreadful cough that just does not want to go away!! But.....God is getting me through...I think some of this may be allergies also...since I work outside in my garden quite often:) Thanks for the prayers!
    I love my birds:) Two beautiful goldfinches

hugs

Missy

n8xtw5ss7bx8.jpg
  • bren5535
    Options
    Hello dear Missy! Continued prayers for you sweetie. I can't imagine the agony you've been dealing with! Praying for provision, healing and comfort.

I too, LOVE your birds and miss them at my spot. It's been too long since I got to watch them or even have them visit. I get lots of Dove, an occasional blue jay and did see 2 robins a couple months back.

I am rejoicing today! I finally got my Levemir released from Caremark so Wal-Mart can fill it! Whew! I sent a new message to my Dr. Letting him know so he could re-send it to Wal-Mart and I just called them and they are working on it. That was a stressful thing. I don't have a lot of stress in my life but that took the cake...especially following the 2 week foot thing I dealt with. I can see light again!

Church: I too, have had troubles settling in here. The one I attended, the pastor quit after many years, they had "visitors" sharing off and on, then Covid struck.
    I always had hearing issues (Meniere's since I was 21) and didn't sit at the front where I might hear better, because I'd have to leave early to get to work on time. Plus...the worship thing was ....can I be honest...an irritant. Very loud, new fangled noise was how I described it, jangling my nerves.... and while I know very well, it's NOT all about me....my spirit was starving it seemed.
    What I am used to and still enjoy were the old time Gospel church's.....with hymns and worship with a real message. I don't think I've looked hard enough but one church I called, many years ago, and asked about their worship service, if they had a problem with folks raising their hands in praise and I was told..."we'd prefer you didn't!". I was honestly shocked! I remember Missy's struggles with hers and the hurt those folks caused. Too many want to please the world at the risk of losing souls it seems. Just my dime's worth.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    June 28 2021

It is so hot here - 84F (32 C) and high is going to be 113 F and tomorrow even higher. Poor central air is being taxed.

I finalized the letter to the Pastor and elders of the church yesterday - today I will print it up and hubby will deliver it - we are also sending a copy of the letter to the head office of the church we are associated with as they are aware that there is serious issues - this week there are 20 families leaving and I have had calls from all of them saying that have written a letter expressing their concerns for the church and are doing as we are - sending a copy of the letter to the head office. Difficult decision to make but am feeling the peace of God now that we have. When the leadership of the Church decides that they are not concerned that all the heads of the different departments in the Church (treasurer, Sunday School, Missions, ect) all resign their position mid term - this does not settle well with me as it puts a flag of concern to me that there could be an underlying problem. In the last 4 years (under the new pastor) 100+ members plus their children have left the church - all leaving in tears asking to please be allowed to get answers to questions that concern them - such as the lack of grace given to members - Christ died for all not for just a few but for all - and it is our decision when after we are born to accept the love of God or to reject it - but God loves us all -it is by grace that I have been forgiven - but when the leaders start not showing grace something is wrong.

July 1 is in a couple of days - I am giving myself these next few days to spend more time in the Word, to eat only when hungry and to get all my menus ready saved on the food tracker under 'meals for breakfast' meals for lunch, meals for dinner (a feature I really like) so that on July 1 in the morning I can set up the food tracker for the day just by clicking on one of these - makes tracking just a bit easier.

Am going to start walking more - I use a walker and can't go far - and now with this heat it is a bit difficult. I have a tracker on my phone (Strava) that shows me where I walked, how far I walked, how long it took me and the calories burned so I use that when I walk outside. I also have a pedometer and will be wearing it in the house when I need to walk inside - it will give me the steps walked which I walk and I can convert those to miles walk. Am getting geared up to officially start this on July 1

Proverbs 28:19
    Whoever works his land will have plenty of bread, but he who follows worthless pursuits will have plenty of poverty.

Daniel 1:8
    But Daniel resolved that he would not defile himself with the king's food, or with the wine that he drank. Therefore he asked the chief of the eunuchs to allow him not to defile himself.

Daniel 1:11-13
    Then Daniel said to the steward whom the chief of the eunuchs had assigned over Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah. Test your servants for ten days; let us be given vegetables to eat and water to drink Then let our appearance and the appearance of the youths who eat the king's food be observed by you, and deal with your servants according to what you see.

Daniel 1:15-16
    At the end of ten days it was seen that they were better in appearance and fatter in flesh than all the youths who ate the king's food. So the steward took away their food and the wine they were to drink and gave them vegetables.

-Marilyn
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Missy, so sorry that this problem is still going on. I hope it resolves before that two weeks is up! Continuing to pray for you, sister!

Bren, so glad that that med is now available for you. Crazy world we are living in right now.

Something our Pastor has been stressing to us in these days is that the Church isn't the building but the people of God. The building is where the Church meets. The early Church met in caves, in houses, in fields, in catacombs! If the people you are meeting with cease to walk in a manner pleasing to the Lord, then it's a very good thing to get out.

I ran across these verses in my studying this morning and they really spoke to my heart:
    Isa 35:8  And a highway will be there, a roadway, And it will be called the Highway of Holiness. The unclean will not travel on it, But it will be for him who walks that way, And fools will not wander on it. 
    9  No lion will be there, Nor will any vicious beast go up on it; These will not be found there. But the redeemed will walk there, 
    10  And the ransomed of the LORD will return, And come with joyful shouting to Zion, With everlasting joy upon their heads. They will find gladness and joy, And sorrow and sighing will flee away. 

Have a very blessed day today, walking with Jesus.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    June 29 2021

Woke up to horrendous heat - again - 7:30 am and the temperature in the house was 29C (90 F). Right now (9:25 am) outside it is 86 F and the high is going to get to 115 F - according to my tracker this will come about 12 noon - and we will be like this for the next week with no sight of 'cooler normal weather' - in fact yesterday we were told that there is a possibility that all of July and August could be above normal heat - like in the high 90F. Am concerned about our central air - they are advising to try not to run it all day as people are starting to call in saying their central air is not working correct due extreme heat - being a senior on pension we can't afford this year to replace it so we are stepping out in faith that the Lord will keep it going for us one more year - longer would be even better but even for one more year would be good.

Have menus planned and saved on the food tracker here - I am enjoying this feature much better than SP's as I have taken the time to make up different lunches and dinners and then have saved them on the food tracker under breakfast, lunch and dinner - so when July starts rather than having to scroll and find the food listed I just click on the saved meal that I want to have - more time involved getting them set up but less time in July having to work looking for the food - great feature for sure

Today my husband is taking our letter to the church we are leaving to give to the Pastor and we are also sending a copy of it to the head office of the church we are associated with as I feel they should be aware of what is happening - 20 families have left this church since June 24 2021 and in the last 5 years well over 120 families have left - all with very similar concerns that the leadership is not addressing. So very sad. Anyway after much praying over it (2 years of praying and sticking it out) we feel that we are not getting what should be coming from the leadership and so are at peace with leaving - we gave it our all it is now time to move on. We know there is now going to be a grieving time and we are praying that the church we have decided to move to will stand by us and support us with many prayers helping us get through the grieving.

Here is Scripture that I read today that has been a comfort

Isaiah 11:1-3
    There shall come forth a shoot from the stump of Jesse, a branch from his roots shall bear fruit. And the Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the Lord.

Isaiah 11:6-9
    The wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the young goat, and the calf and the lion and the fattened calf together; and a little child shall lead them. The cow and the bear shall graze; their young shall lie down together, and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. The nursing child shall play over the hold of the cobra, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the adder's den. They shall not hurt or destroy in all my holy mountain; for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea

• bren5535
    Options
    I went out to Wal-Mart this morning for my insulin. I got a 90 day supply and with increased dosages, I got about 7 boxes. My Veggie tray in the fridge is now totally full of insulin. 3 boxes of Novolog and the 7 of Levemir. I feel like a hoarder!

I had my first low in a good while, yesterday. I woke up feeling sick and it was only 67...oops. I took too much before my dinner, ... So had a bottle of orange juice and a Werther's hard candy. Was at 137 by the time I went back to bed. Tonight BX was 107 so I did not take the full 75 units Levemir. I'm very glad to start seeing the lower numbers again.

I got the call from the Dr.'s office yesterday and my echo-cardiogram came back clear. Praise God! I'm to continue as I have been with meds and the like and can carry on.

My hip was acting up last night, same side as the injured shoulder, so I didn't rest as well as I normally do. Today, after my Wal-Mart run, I was whipped so have had a rest day...all day. I did get gas in the car on the way since I've been fueled by prayer for 2 days. LOL I'll take my Tylenol before I go back to bed and hope to have good rest and wake up ready to tackle some chores in the morning. Night night all....
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Bren, praise the Lord your Echo came out clear. That is great news! Phew, that new insulin seems to be working really well!

Marilyn, I hope that all goes well with finding a new place to worship and the head office will see the problems and deal with what is happening. Too many places of worship have turned from the truth trying to tickle ears rather than pierce hearts with truth.

Doing well. Went out to check the plants and they were still damp so didn't need to water them. Today I need to do a load of laundry and empty the dishwasher, get my walking in too.

Here's something I found today as I was going through our Pastor's Blog posts. I've been separating them into topics - this is going to take a long time since the posts go back to 2009 and there are thousands of them!

11/3/09 BEING STRONG (Body and Spirit) INCLUDES
    Exercise
    (Prayer & Praise)

Nourishment
    (Consuming God's Word)

Practice
    (Witnessing & Obeying)

Team Work
    (Christian Fellowship & Interdependence)

Resting
    (Trusting God)

Controlled Breathing
    (Meditation)

Resistance
    (Saying NO to Bad Choices & Bad Acquaintances)

Focus
    (Envision & Live Victoriously)

Dedication to Excellence
    (Deny Self, Follow Christ)

Have an awesome day!
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    June 30 2021

Oh it is hot here - it is 9:30 am and 34 C (88 F) and high it going to be 113 F. Yesterday we hit a high of 115 F. Air Conditioner is working overtime - having a fellow come out to service it again on July 13 as it is old and we need it to work for the rest of the summer - and they are now telling us that it looks like we will be having a summer (July through the middle of September) in the mid 90's F with really no amount of rain. Praying that we an keep the house cool - got up at 1 am as I couldn't sleep due to the heat - inside the house it was 85 F so needed to put the air back on for a few hours

@restfiner - I like how you have broken down the blog from your Pastor.

Yesterday we went to supper at a friends - they are from the church we are leaving - they are also leaving. It was a great evening of fellowship and prayer and a great supper. She has retired from being the secretary of the man that would come out from the head office representing the demonination that we were associated with. She was able to give us accurate numbers on how many people have left our local church in the last 5 years and how the head office is working with the Pastor on many issues. When we gave our Pastor our letter stating we were leaving and why, we also sent a copy to the head office - and this morning I got an encouraging email from the head office expressing that they are saddened that we have had to make this decision but to let us know that they are working with the leadership to help the Pastor come to terms with his involvement in the church hurting. Sad to say that the Pastor is not acknowledging that he has no anything to do with so many people leaving the church since he became Pastor. We are going to continue to praying for the Church as we fear that during the next 4 - 5 years unless they come to terms now with what is happening that it could just get worse.

Am ready for a new month - I like to work my food plan / weight loss issues on a monthly basis. I recognize the struggles I have had in June and can see where I need to make changes - and I believe that now that I have the stressor of making the decision to leave the church that I am on the right path now - though I am also aware that there will be grieving to go through and will have to deal with that.

Isaiah 30:18
    Therefore the Lord waits to be gracious to you, and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you. For the Lord is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for him.

Isaiah 30:30
    And the Lord will cause his majestic voice to be heard and the descending blow of his arm to be seen, in furious anger and a flame of devouring fire, with a cloudburst and storm and hailstones.

-Marilyn
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,700 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    My husband went in today for his blood-work. I am a bit worried about him. Kim knows that he has been struggling a bit with cognitive issues, and he has lost about 40 pounds. I am excited about the weight loss, because it was definitely needed, but from a family of diabetics, it worries me a bit. I have been cooking much healthier, and he hasn't been eating nearly as much, so I am hoping that it is just healthy eating. It sure isn't his exercise!

Keep him in your prayers.
    My word of the year this year is "HOPE."

24 We were given this hope when we were saved. (If we already have something, we don’t need to hope for it. 25 But if we look forward to something we don’t yet have, we must wait patiently and confidently.)
    Romans 8:24‭-‬25 NLT
  • bren5535
    Options
    Prayers for your hubby....and all represented here today.

I got a nice surprise yesterday...we got a raise! They have been further apart the past 8 years or so but they did give us a double bonus so that was always an awesome blessing! That extra $129.92 take home a month will help. By the grace of God, I am hoping to work until December next year...when I turn 70.

It was a hot start to the new day and I am thankful for AC, fans, iced water, iced tea, and the comforts of my home and car. Prayers for the multitudes without those comforts and bare necessities. My heart hurts for those...especially the elderly who struggle daily.

• Restfinder
    Options
    Connie, praying for you and for Bill. Has he had any cognitive testing or an MRI on his brain? The doctors that mom saw, her PCP as well as three neurologists just chalked her problems up to her age (81). When she had the MRI done her new PCNP said it showed normal aging, but the new neurologist said that parts of her brain had atrophied, especially the frontal lobe where most of the cognitive and complex thinking takes place. Her hippocampus (memory center) showed little change though, but both the right and left sides of her brain had shrunk. They said she has mild to moderate dementia. If I need to remember something, I ask mom to remind me and she is Johnny on the spot to do it, but she can't do things any more that she's done for years (like using her Kindle trips her up). She used to put together 500 piece puzzles all the time and now she struggles to do the 70 piece ones on her Kindle. The doctor told us to have her do harder things and work her brain. I don't do something for her, I guide her through doing it herself. Just some things we've dealt with with mom that maybe would be of help to Bill. Oh, her issues are side effects from her having high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and diabetes. Those diseases cause the brain to atrophy over time.

Sounds like we are all having to deal with heat. I went out this morning just before 9 AM to water my plants and it was just on the edge of being uncomfortable. Ugh, I have a very big morning glory plant (plants actually) in a pot at the base of my outside lantern. We've gotten two whole flowers from them and they fell off after one day. There are some Japanese Beetle holes on the leaves, but they don't look decimated. Maybe I need to get some food for them! They've probably eaten all of the food that came with the dirt! LOL!

I hope y'all have an awesome day. God bless you!