WaistAways-July Chat 2021

Replies

• KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Oh, and that salad sounds yummy! I like spinach, strawberries, a cutie, pecans, grilled chicken, and balsamic vinegar.
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    Those salads sound amazing!
  • AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    Happy to report that I'm at 222.6 :-)
    I tried stand-up paddle boarding last weekend and it was a ton of fun! I hope to do it more through the summer
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,901 Member
    Well hello ! If its okay with @Jugar I think I will rejoin.

My name is Vikki, and I fell off the wagon, got run over by it, and drowned my sorrows in donuts...
    I was really embarrassed to come back, because I gained almost 10lbs back, but I'm over it...
    My current weight is 169, and I'd like to change my weigh in days to Thursday.
    My goal is to get under 160 by my 50th bday... ( Aug 31) so Ive got 8 weeks to be on point.
    I've got a new planner being delivered today. ☺
    This morning I did 10 min of hiit , all aerobic. Tonight I am going to do 30 min of yoga.

Last weekend, my last child moved out, so we are a kid free home now and I will be turning that bedroom into a yoga/exercise room. No equipment in there, just a tv and dvd player and a yoga mat, the other equipment will be in the other part of the basement... I'm excited about it, but we will use that room for storage while we fix up the rest of the basement 1st...

Okay, I'll be back tomorrow 😀
    Have a great day !!!

YOU ARE MY HERO. Always have been. Glad you're back! Consider yourself on the work bench to make it to your goal by your birthday, and then to not slip! You'll have beaten me by a almost a decade, and you want bragging rights to that one forever, I know you do :wink:
  • jugar
    AshenMoon wrote: »
    Happy to report that I'm at 222.6 :-)
    I tried stand-up paddle boarding last weekend and it was a ton of fun! I hope to do it more through the summer

Wow! You are doing great - paddle boarding is a blast. Paddle on - and show us photos of where you go!
  • jugar
    Wow. There is SO much beautiful green on the spreadsheet to start off this month. You are amazing! Hugs all around, happy dances happening, and everyone is ready for more outdoor action, right?
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    @PlaneMonkey the deck looks great!

@Gidgitgoescrazy welcome back! I just returned also after gaining back 12ish lbs 😳
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Steps for 6/29 tuesday 8034
    Steps for 6/30 wednesday 9304

I was a little snacky today but still stayed under my calorie goal. Hoping to stay good tomorrow and Friday also so I can enjoy the weekend.
  • jugar
    OK gang - weigh-in update time. Let's see some lovely numbers from you all tomorrow - thanks!
    @graceojo999
    @EvMakesChanges
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @MoStacy
    @ashleycarole86
    @eggfreak
    @marsipan100
    @bowens1973
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,089 Member
    Exercise for June 30 -

11,093 steps
  • ashleycarole86
    Tactic of getting up early to walk the dog before work and then doing a second walk myself or with Brad later on before it gets too smoking hot is working well!

All this talk of cold fresh yummy salads has me drooling! They all sound so refreshing in this heat for sure.

Can't believe this year is half over already!
  • MoStacy
    MoStacy Posts: 98 Member
    PW: 205
    CW: 204
    😊
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    I did my first weights session in ~2 years last night and I sure know all about it today. It didn't go badly, but I have a lot of work to do on my form. I couldn't get the required depth on my squats, for example. It hasn't put me off, but it means I'll probably delay properly starting SL5x5, instead focusing on the quality of the lifts until I can do perfect reps with the lowest weight. I half expected some water retention this morning but nope, just aching. Space wise it was manageable in the garage at least.

Running this evening (that'll be fun...) and we're having burgers for tea. Not sure about lunch yet; either left over stir fry or a wrap from the shop. Aiming for a quiet day; this morning has been manic with meetings but I have none this afternoon. This evening I'm going to go through my WW account and pull out any recipes I don't have elsewhere; my membership expires next week and I'll lose access to them. We put recipes in Google Keep for convenience, so I'll copy any WW ones I want to hang on to and put them there. Our meal plan lives on a shared Google calendar, so this way it feels like we have everything in one place.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 680 Member
    @jugar
    cw 148
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 680 Member
    good morning, the heat wave broke last night hallelujah, I hope everyone else gets some relief soon.
    One of the better tips I learned from The Sonoma Diet book (I recommend, despite the name) was to try eat foods new to you - I think it does help. Years ago someone made a delicious salad for me and there was something in it I couldn't identify - turned out it was a little mint snipped in. So, yesterday, to satisfy my 'habit' of eating something from the garden every day - added some mojito mint to my salad - GREAT! changed things up very nicely. Thanks for all the 'strawberry' salad combos suggested - I'll have time this weekend to play around with it.
  • ashleycarole86
    Username ashleycarole86

PW 237.6
    CW 233.8
  • ashleycarole86
    hn92npov0mgu.png

Up early again today - I have always been a morning person but I've now found a way to use that to help me achieve my goals. I get a long walk in before my day even starts and usually get a second one in with Brad and it's definitely helping me keep my step count up.

Once I'm back, I'll do my yoga with Adriene, some on-call duties for work, and then it's time to play! There is a fire ban here now due to the heat so the fireworks at the trailer on the weekend are postponed. One more day of work tomorrow and then Brad and I are on a week of holidays!
  • marsipan100
    marsipan100 Posts: 10 Member
    Ending of school for a person working from home is a transition which requires a level of organisation and concentration I seem to not have.
    I find it hard to concentrate on anything or getting work done while my two active young boys are happily discovering the world, playing, leaving everything around and finding always new challenges that do not meet my standard of safety or level of mess in the house.

I have been eating tortilla chips to fight my frustration with the heat and lack of freedom to work (One needs salt, no ?!) a bit too often for my weight goal.
    Still aiming for 127 and I will reconsider my 4 O'Clock need for salt...
    Cucumber and tomatoes with salt... might do the trick!
    LW 130
    CW 131
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    CW 149.8

I am trying not to be upset. I was successful at losing weight in April/May because I didn't have time to exercise and was able to drop calories. I feel better when I workout, though. I hope this is as high as gets before it goes back down. Yesterday, I did PiYo and walked 3 miles. I felt great. I think I will do Barre today and then loft tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.