Intermittent Chat ~ Come on in and say HI

Options

Replies

• macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,672 Member
    Options
    It’s 32 feels like 32 with a high of 61 for today. Insight Timer Quote: A miracle is a shift in perception from fear to love.—Marianne Williamson I AM: I am building a new life filled with joy and confidence. Axe Sharpening: The secret to getting ahead is getting started. Today is the perfect day for new beginnings.—Claire Thomas 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Switch off all your tech at least an hour before bedtime. Fitness quote for today: “If you can’t stop thinking about it. Don’t stop working for it.”—GymShark Motivational quote for today: If you want to be happy, be.—Leo Tolstoy Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 12,514 steps yesterday. Training plan for today: Full Body “GBC” Week 2, Day 3 in the gym after breakfast.
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,536 Member
    Options
    gcdqx2k6t8b7.gif
    ~ Waving Hi ~ 🙋🏼 ~ Wishing You a Positively Comfy Cozy Cheery THOUGHT-filled Thursday ~

"After every storm the sun will smile...... for every problem there is a solution, and the soul's
    indefeasible duty is to be of good cheer. " ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ William R. Alger ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 26 feels like 18 with a high of 39 for today. Insight Timer Quote: Nothing ever goes away until it has taught us what we need to know.—Pema Chodron I AM: I bring health and wellness into my life. Axe Sharpening: Get in there and get to work. There’s never been a better time to get yourself together.—Ty Russ 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Take a different route today and see what you notice. Fitness quote for today: I am my problem but also my solution. Be more, Do More.—courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: One beautiful soul always recognizes another. Keep being awesome and the right people will find you.—unknown Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 18,761 steps yesterday. Training plan for today: Full Body “GBC” Week 2, Day 5 modified for at home after dinner.
  • DebyS137
    Options
    5k386ptxxheh.gif
    ~ 🙋🏼 ~Waving Hi ~ Wishing You a FUNtastic Friday the 13th & a WONDER-filled Weekend

" Make space in your life for the things that matter, for family and friends, love and generosity,
    fun and joy. Without this, you will burn out in mid-career and wonder where your life went. "
    ~ Jonathan Sacks
  • KacyCarpe
    KacyCarpe Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm new to this group and look forward to the discussions.
  • DebyS137
    edited January 2023
    Options
    dabzpnw95jfc.gif
    ~ 🙋🏼 ~ Waving Hi ~ Hope You have a LOVEly MARVELous Monday and ~ a WONDERfilled Week

@KacyCarpe ~ Welcome ~

"In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous." ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Aristotle ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 59 feels like 56 with a high of 61 today. Insight Timer Quote: What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.—Helen Keller. I AM: I live my life authentically. Axe Sharpening: No matter what life throws your way, you have the ability to determine the outcome by your response.—Dejay Dvorak 1st Phorm Advisor. Action for Happiness: Contribute positively to your local community. Fitness quote for today: When you feel the burn and loving every second of it.—gymquotes.co Motivational quote for today: Instead of focusing on what’s missing, use your energy to count your blessings and manifest a better life for yourself.—unknown Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 15,449 steps yesterday. Today’s training plan: 45 min walk after breakfast.
  • KacyCarpe
    Options
    DebyS137 wrote: »
    @KacyCarpe ~ Welcome ~

Thank you!

I am just about to wrap up my first-ever longer fast. I was aiming for 72 hours, which would have meant eating supper last night, but I wasn't hungry.... so I just kept going. I'm amazed, frankly. I was sure I'd be counting down the minutes until I could have a mug of bone broth.

Right now I'm at 88 hours and feel confident I can go a few hours longer. I think this is something I could do every three months or so. Does anyone else do longer fasts?
  • DebyS137
    Options
    hscfcf60upjb.gif
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~🙋🏼~ Waving Hi ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~Wishing You a BEARy LOVEly TERRIFIC Tuesday~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Did I offer peace today? Did I bring a smile to someone's face? Did I say words of healing? Did I
    let go of my anger and resentment? Did I forgive? Did I love? These are the real questions. I must
    trust that the little bit of love that I sow now will bear many fruits, here in this world and the life
    to come." ~ ~ ~ Henri Nouwen ~ ~ ~
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 35 feels like 32 with a high of 59 today. Insight Timer Quote: Keep your face always towards the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you.—Walt Whitman I AM: I have great ideas. Axe Sharpening: The little achievements along the way are what bring you to your end goal. Don’t forget to celebrate those too.—Hanah Jones 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Be gentle with yourself when you make mistakes. Fitness quote for today: Let them doubt. Let them talk down. Let them laugh. Let them believe you’ll never be enough or strong enough to win. Then let them watch you prove them wrong.—completeeveryday.co Motivational quote for today: In the coming year, I hope you finally start to believe the people who tell you how wonderful you truly are.—unknown Closed all rings(hearts) on my Active 4 and had 15,205 steps yesterday. Training plan for today: Full Body Week 3, Day 2 after breakfast modified for at home.
  • KacyCarpe
    Options
    Since my longer fast completed on Monday (90 hours), I have noticed I can't eat as much as I used to before getting full. Has anyone else noticed this? I had 700 extra calories today, and usually it's more like 200.
  • DebyS137
    Options
    rzd6uck0ty76.gif
    ~ ~ Waving Hi~ ~ 🙋🏼 ~ ~Wishing You a ~ 🦅 ~ BIRDYfull WEIRDnWILDnWISE Wednesday ~ 🦅 ~

@KacyCarpe ... I have not done a long time fasting... For me I am concerned my body would
    go into Starving mode & hold onto fat... the 16-8 has worked really good for me... along with
    helping with digestive issues I have... I have been doing IF for over 6 yrs now

" I like to be a tiger roaming the jungle or an eagle soaring the skies. " ~ ~ ~Sol Campbell~ ~ ~
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 45 feels like 41 with a high of 60 and rainy today. Insight Timer Quote: Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.—Confucius I AM: I am full of compassion for myself as I start over. Axe Sharpening: It’s not about denying that it’s challenging or that a weakness may exist. It’s about making the decision to not let either of those stop you from taking consistent action forward. Start Today.—Mike Trotter 1st Phorm Elite Trainer Action for Happiness: Get back in contact with an old friend. Fitness quote for today: Never stop dreaming and believing in what you can achieve.—gymquotes.co. Motivational quote for today: Everything you desire is on its way to you. Be patient; your turn is coming.—unknown Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 14,601 steps yesterday. Training plan for today: Truck unload this morning at work then Full Body Week 3, Day 3 modified for at home after dinner.
  • DebyS137
    Options
    jv22cz2dwwjp.gif
    ~ 🙋🏼 ~Waving Hi ~ Wishing You a WOWza FRIENDly Friday & a WONDER-filled Weekend ~

"At the end of the day, if I can say I had fun, it was a good day. " ~ ~ ~ Simone Biles ~ ~ ~
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 22 feels like 22 with a high of 47 today. Insight Timer Quote: We may encounter many defeats, but we must not be defeated.—Maya Angelou I AM: I’ve decided that I’m good enough. Axe Sharpening: A negative mind will never give you a positive life.—Dejay Dvorak 1st Phorm Advisor Action for Happiness: Go to bed in good time and allow yourself to recharge. Fitness Quote for today: My body is getting stronger, slimmer, and healthier everyday.—courtesy of fitness quotes app. Motivational quote for today: Everything always works out. And if it doesn’t, it’s because it’ll work out even better than you had imagined.—unknown Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 15,674 steps yesterday. Training plan for today: Full Body Week 3, Day 5 in the gym after breakfast.
  • KacyCarpe
    Options
    macrat12 wrote: »
    Insight Timer Quote: We may encounter many defeats, but we must not be defeated.

Do you use Insight Timer? I've just discovered it and quite like it.
  • macrat12
    Options
    @KacyCarpe I use it and love it. I found it through my 1st Phorm Advisor Mary. She uses this one. I do one of the morning meditations each day.
  • KacyCarpe
    Options
    I've been doing the January challenge, which has been interesting. I started meditating in December by setting the timer for 1 minute. Can't say you don't have 1 minute to meditate. Now I'm at 2 minutes and plan to build slowly from there, so it never feels onerous. I will take a look at the morning meditations. I really like the journal feature, too. Fantastic free app!
  • SherileeMFP
    SherileeMFP Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hi, new here. Tomorrow is Day 1 IF 16:8 following Dr. Berg, Dr Fung and Gin Stephan’s Fast, Feast, Repeat book. 👍💕
  • KacyCarpe
    Options
    Hi, new here. Tomorrow is Day 1 IF 16:8 following Dr. Berg, Dr Fung and Gin Stephan’s Fast, Feast, Repeat book. 👍💕

That sounds interesting. I've just checked out Fung's book "Complete Guide to Fasting." I'm looking forward to the read.