Intermittent Chat ~ Come on in and say HI

Options

Replies

• Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I caught husbands cold, so meh, I hope to start OMAD officially again on Wednesday if I feel better by then. He was over it in 3 days so fingers-crossed I kick it also. Taking some vitamin C, drinking tea with honey, and all the home remedies.

I subscribed to iFit and plan to put in a block of bicycle training and walking when I feel better. I'm excited to have new workouts to try.

I guess I should have put into my introduction I'm just a crazy cat lady about to turn 50, I'm married, I have two grown kids. I probably should change my avatar to a cat lady. I have 3.5 cats. A geriatric old man whose 15 and an orange tabby, two little girl kittens tortoise and a grey tabby, and an outdoor cat that is actually my neighbors but the guy stopped feeding him so I had the cat neutered, got his shots and he had two cans of food a day now, but he has to live outside. Guess my neighbor is going through a rough patch with uh' substances and stuff.

Hope everyone had a good day, sun going down here on the west-coast. I live in the sticks as they say, I'm from Oklahoma originally (USA) - Cheers

• DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,533 Member
    Options
    i6fjzzqcro1x.gif
    ~ Waving Hi ~ 🙋🏼‍♀️ ~ Wishing You a BEARy Terrific Tuesday ~ Welcome to a LOVEly New Day ~

"The happiest people in the world are those who feel absolutely terrific about themselves -and-
    this is the natural outgrowth of accepting total responsibility for every part of their life." ~ ~ ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Brian Tracy ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,608 Member
    Options
    It’s 63 feels like 61 with a high of 80 today. Insight Timer Quote: Self-care is not selfish. You cannot serve from an empty vessel.—Eleanor Brownn I AM: I admire my body for how it powers through even the toughest days. Axe Sharpening: Today’s actions are tomorrow’s results.—Stephanie McDonough 1st Phorm Advisor Action for Happiness: Try a new online exercise, activity or dance class. Fitness Quote: Definition of ‘Stupid’ Knowing the truth, seeing the truth, but still believing the lies.—LifeAdvancer.co Motivational Quote: When you focus on your progress, the Universe will send you your destiny.—unknown Closed all hearts on my Samsung Active 4 and had 13,389 steps yesterday. Training plan: At Home Advanced Part 2-Wk1, day 2 and Day 49/305 after breakfast.
  • Itadakimasu7
    Options
    Today we had a massive thunderclap and then it dumped dime sized hail. I'm glad my tomatoes were covered! I just sat them out, I've been growing them from seed under a light since the end of January, some heirlooms.

Cold is worse today, a high fever that doesn't let up. I am not drinking enough, have one of the worst sore throats of my life.

When I get to feeling better -- I'm going to put everything I've got into a healthy lifestyle and being more positive. I kinda let myself just be way too negative and the 'sky is falling' and I need to turn that around. No way can I get the health I would like and to be active with a sour mindset.

@macrat12 -- Good job on those steps and the workout streak! Whoo hoo!

I've been wedged inbetween two electric blankets in what I'm calling a hot pocket. My 15 year old cat approves! Haha, he purred up a storm and snuggled in for a nap.

--Not Giving Up--
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 64 feels like 63 with a high of 78 today. Insight Timer Quote: Make the ordinary come alive… The extraordinary will take care of itself.—William Martin I AM: I listen to what my body needs. Axe Sharpening: Our success comes down to making one good decision at a time.—Mike Trotter 1st Phorm Elite Trainer Action for Happiness: Spend less time sitting today. Get up and move more often. Fitness Quote: I’m slowly becoming the person I should’ve been a long time ago.—courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational Quote: You’ll have to let yourself feel it before you can heal it.—unknown Closed all hearts on my Samsung Active 4 and had 14,598 steps yesterday. Training plan: 8 Week Strength- Advanced Active Recovery and Day 50/305 mile a day challenge in the gym this afternoon.
  • DebyS137
    Options
    apteebixssud.gif
    ~Waving Hi~ 🙋🏼‍♀️ ~Good Morning~ Wishing You a WONDERfully WEIRDnWILDnWISE Wednesday ~

"No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a wonderful legacy
    to leave behind." ~ Taylor Swift ~
  • Itadakimasu7
    Options
    It's 41 degrees f here on the Oregon coast today. Sun is out for now but it's going to be patchy with rain / hail all day I suspect. I slept last night and the fever finally broke, so I'm on the mend!

They filmed the movie Goonies here and also they do some of the Deadliest Catch shows from our area, although sometimes I think the boats go to Newport and they launch from there - I'm not a big follower of the show, but I talked to a ship owner who had passed on a production contract, said she knew a couple of captains that had signed on. Really interesting lady, she had been my sons school teacher and put every cent she could leverage into buying up half a crabbing rig. She was a tiny little thing, and young- really pretty. Not a typical crab boat operator I would think but that was a good financial decision, a lot of money in crab.

I'm from Oklahoma, so the day someone local put a big old Dungeness crab on my plate -- well the darn thing was in its shell. It smelled like the ocean. It looked to me to be a giant spider. Now, if a person loves seafood - it would have been the best thing in the world. It was a big meaty fellow. But I looked at it and looked at it, and I was getting faint. But people were watching.... and it was stressful as I get out. lol, I nibbled a bit on it and then took my leave and haven't had crab again. My neighbor brought me over 2 nice ones in a bucket last season, but I didn't take them which confused him.

Tomorrow I'll start diet / exercise for real real. I need to get my life back, no more of this being sick stuff.

As nice as living by the beach is, (albeit generally a cold windy beach, although 2 weeks out of the year it's perfect, lol!) I have thought a lot about moving because the west-coast in a huge barrel of social problems, most of which you get censored for even mentioning. But, it's not the same place anymore. It wasn't always terrible. It has changed so much and it's a difficult spot to be in, and I think it has just gotten me down. Possibly if I feel better then I can make a better go of things - I'm not sure. I don't know where I would move.

I have a few relatives here, and they're like - what problems? It's fine. Nothing is wrong. They're in Portland. I don't know ... I don't know how we have such different views on things. I swear it makes me feel insane sometimes.

Okay, sorry for the wall of text. How is the exercise coming? How are things where you are? Gardening?
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 71 feels like 71 with a high of 72 and windy/rainy today. Insight Timer Quote: No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.—Aesop I AM: I live in the moment and am happy in the moment. Axe Sharpening: Consistency breeds REAL results.—Hanah Jones 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Focus on ‘eating a rainbow’ of multi-coloured vegetables today. Fitness Quote: I may not be where I want to be, but thank God I am not where I used to be.—Big Ramy gymquotes.co Motivational Quote: At some point, you’ll realize that no one is going to come along and lift your spirits. You’re the only one who can do that. You’ve got this.—unknown Closed all hearts on my Samsung Active 4 and had 16,701 steps yesterday. Training Plan: Day 51/305 mile a day challenge and modified 8 Week Strength-Advanced Overhead Press after dinner.
  • DebyS137
    Options
    iv0zy08d0xvp.gif

~ Waving Hi ~🙋🏼~Good Morning~ Wishing You a LOVEly BLOOMing THOUGHTfilled Thursday ~

~💖~"We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are
    secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far. " ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Swami Vivekananda ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

• Itadakimasu7
    Options
    Let's Go!

c00f7xz3za5j.jpg

Nice day on the coast. OMAD today, will have hot broth or tea at lunch with salt and half an apple, then dinner. Dinner plan says beans and rice tonight. Completed iFit workouts bike & rower. Still coughing and sniffling. Managed some house work.

• DebyS137
    Options
    upqok2qhui30.gif
    ~Waving Hi~ 🙋🏼‍♀️ ~Wishing You a LOVEly FUNtastic Friday and a WONDERfilled Weekend ~ ~💕~ ~

@Itadakimasu7 WOW ... Such an AWEsome Picture... Well done staying on Track ... Take Care ...
    I hope You are well soon

"At the end of the day...... if I can say I had fun........ it was a good day. " ~ ~ ~ Simone Biles ~ ~ ~
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 40 feels like 40 with a high of 67 today. Insight Timer Quote: Eid Mubarak to those who celebrate. May you be blessed with kindness, patience and love.—Insight Timer Team I AM: I allow my unique spirit to shine. Axe Sharpening: The reward is in the work!—Ty Russ 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Regularly pause to stretch and breathe during the day. Fitness Quote: I HIT the Gym so I won’t HIT you,--gymkiss.or Motivational Quote: Be grateful for the everyday joy, for it’s often the simplest things that make us the happiest.—unknown Closed all hearts on my Samsung Active 4 and had 14,841 steps yesterday. Training Plan: Day 52/305 mile challenge and 8 Week Strength-Advanced Squat Day in the gym after breakfast.
  • Itadakimasu7
    Options
    OMAD went great yesterday, well, how hard can it be while a person is ill anyway? ;-P lol, -- but anywho, might be awhile for a bit as I'm trying to develop bronchitis, pneumonia or something. I have weak lungs and typically have complications with this sort of thing oooph! Been that way since I was a baby.

I'm not eating much, as I cough so hard it that eating is useless. I'll try to keep posting but if I go to the hospital or have to be in bed for a bit -- well I'll be back! Not going to let a little crud get in my way and all that.

Thanks for liking the photo @DebyS137 :D It's a pretty area, kinda remote we mostly tourism dependent.

xnpyrb3uzddi.jpg

What happened to my bird feeders....these girls are Roosevelt Elk and they're dingbats! I'm not sure the temperature here, I think we're around 50 today. Something knocked over a tomato plant and messed with them, probably one critter or another. I had my son fix it up though. When I get a little better I'll go out to the ocean and breathe deep for awhile. It helps my lungs.

Cheers!
  • Itadakimasu7
    Options
    Happy Weekend everyone!

Yesterday I had a pack of ramen, a small half cup of fruit smoothie, and a cup of ramen. I'm not sure how many calories that is, probably if I logged it, it would tell me I was still over - how she goes.

Health is improved today. I'm so bored and over being sick.

nt2vj4k8p681.jpg
    Photo from Mother's Day, the beach at Seaside :D My son took me out to visit the aquarium and for lunch, such a nice day.

Cheers!

• macrat12
    Options
    It’s 29 feels like 29 with a high of 60 today. Insight Timer Quote: The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts.—Albert Einstein I AM: I am fiercely protective of my heart. Axe Sharpening: Results take time and commitment. Be patient.—Kendra Jarratt 1st Phorm Elite Trainer. Happy World Book Day!!! Action for Happiness: Go out and do an errand for a loved one or neighbor. Fitness Quote: If you want better results, make better choices.—courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational Quote: Be proud of who you are, look at all you’ve overcome to get here.—unknown Closed all hearts on my Samsung Active 4 and had 13,332 steps yesterday. Training plan rest day and Day 54/305 mile a day after breakfast.
  • Itadakimasu7
    Options
    I've globbed onto another group of runners / cyclist / outdoor enthusiast and it's a bit more active. I'll probably be over there daily now. Feel free to add me as a friend or something though if ya' like.

My bronchitis is better - I tell you the weird deal that I think helped. When I had covid in June 2022, out of nowhere I had a craving for spicy soup. I don't eat anything spicy. My family will tell you, I pass up Siracha and buffalo chicken wings, anything with a kick - nope. But all of a sudden I wanted spicy. Same thing with this bronchitis. And as soon as I started in with adding hot pepper to the Ramen - I started feeling better. Last nights supper was like eating the surface of mars spicy. But I do feel a lot better and that secondary infection is breaking up.

Have a happy Sunday everyone, and if you don't hear from me - I'm still on MFP, I'll just be over at the other group and on my own page. Cheers!

51ckzomibmgh.png
    My princess wanting to play 'catch the mouse on the string' again.
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 38 feels like 38 with a high of 67 today. Insight Timer Quote: When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.—Lao Tzu. I AM: I am confident in my thoughts to be good ones. Axe Sharpening: Life’s path is full of obstacles, so make it an adventure.—Kelly Pollman 1st Phorm Elite Trainer. Action for Happiness: Get active in nature. Feed the birds or go wildlife-spotting. Fitness Quote: You will never know your limits until you push yourself to them.—courtesy of fitness quotes app. Motivational Quote: Its not what’s around you that puts you in a good mood, its what’s inside you.—unknown Closed all hearts on my Samsung Active 4 and had 12,806 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 55/305 mile a day and 8 Week Strength—Advanced Bench Day after breakfast.
  • DebyS137
    Options
    s5b6gp2dob0g.gif
    ~🙋🏼‍♀️~ Waving Hi ~Wishing You a Most MAGICal Monday ~And~ a WooHoo WONDERfilled Week~

"Every decently-made object, from a house to a lamp post to a bridge, spoon or egg cup, is not
    just a piece of 'stuff' but a physical embodiment of human energy, testimony to the magical
    ability of our species to take raw materials and turn them into things of use, value and beauty."
    ~ Kevin McCloud
  • DebyS137
    Options
    amdolllawjqa.gif
    ~ Waving Hi ~🙋🏼‍♀️~ Wishing You a Happy Terrific Tuesday ~😀~ May We Find HAPPYnessToday~😁~

~ ~ ~ ~ "Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy. " ~ ~ ~ ~
    ~ ~ ~ Guillaume Apollinaire ~ ~ ~
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 47 feels like 44 with a high of 63 today. Insight Timer Quote: My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together.—Archbishop Desmond Tutu I AM: My inner positivity is stronger than any exterior negativity. Axe Sharpening: There are no statute of limitations on your life. Re-invent yourself everyday if you like.—Marisa LaRen 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Have a ‘no screens’ night and take time to recharge yourself. Fitness Quote: To change your life. Change your priorities.—efit30.co Motivational Quote: Have faith in the Universe’s plans for you; it knows what’s coming next and it’s going to be amazing.—unknown Closed all hearts on my Samsung Active 4 and had 12,501 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 56/305 mile a day and 8 Week Strength-Advanced Speed Squats after breakfast.