This July “I Will”… Welcome aboard!

Options

Replies

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,781 Member
    Options
    @Mrs_Hoffer I’m so happy for you that you can enjoy your family, but sorry you pulled a muscle in your back. Sometimes when I’m feeling beat up, I do a chair yoga routine.
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Sat Morning routine
    ✔️‌After I brush my teeth & weigh myself, I'll take my meds & vits and drink water.
    ✔️‌After I drink my morning water, I'll charge my Fitbit, get washed and ready for the day ahead.
    ‌❕went out for a salmon salad brunch instead. (After I get ready, I'll make breakfast.)
    ‌✔️ walked for 30+ mins to go fro brunch. (After breakfast, I'll leave for work, walk for 10 mins (to the underground) and think happy thoughts. If I'm working from home or it's the weekend, I'll step or cycle for 10 mins.)
    Anytime: After/While I do ..., I'll do ...!
    ‌✔️...Lie on Shakti mat for 10 mins.
    ✔️‌...Take a mindful rest.
    ✔️‌...Duolingo language learning.
    ✔️‌...Puzzle app.
    ‌...Delete/unsubscribe emails.
    ‌...Note down tasks & priorities.
    ‌...Do daily exercises.
    ‌...Clean or tidy something.

🍷🍫 My reward for Saturday was 1 glass of wine and half a bar of dark chocolate. (I'm saying that was my reward because that's what I had last night 🤭)
  • 77tes
    Options
    @themedalist you story of how you conquered learning to play the guitar is so inspiring. I’ve used you as an example to my students. I also agree about catching those 5 pound gains before they get out of hand.
  • 77tes
    Options
    🤣 @SummerSkier I love that the sock reappeared. 🧦
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    @SummerSkier 😃 🎉 🥳 🙌 🧦😂🤣😂
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    just a quick drive by but I wanted to update everyone on the missing black sock!!!

Much like Maddie's iron which eventually showed up when she replaced it.

I decided finally now that its July it would be safe to wash my barn down jacket (which has been in my car for a few years.... oh my). Anyway, in clearing out the car a little BOOM there was the missing black sock! It must have fallen out of my running shoes one time I had them in there...

summerupdate

Awesome update! You are so cool!! 😎

So we never really lose stuff, right? :)

BTW, I decided to keep my old iron 😂🤣for those possible, future, messy craft projects lol

@SummerSkier I hope you have a great week! I hope it’s all getting a little easier.

💕
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    🤓🌹💕💖💕💃🏻🕺🏻💕💖💕🌹🤓
    🌹💖🎉 In July I will ..... 🎉💖🌹
    😎🌹💕💖💕💃🏻🕺🏻💕💖💕🌹😎

I will be posting every few days or so for July, but working on my habit refinement daily.

12 July - I finished the Tiny Habits course on Friday and it has helped me refined my process for reformation of old habits/creation of new habits.

It's been a busy week as we had DGD home from Oxford, and couple of family outings/birthday party for DYGS's 18th birthday. Granddaughter is flying back tomorrow to finish her doctorate. Won't see her until Christmas as she will be working flat out.

👀 Start small
    👃🏻 build on current habits
    👅 Refine as you progress

Week Two: Tracker is shaping up nicely.
    bea4cksjotxp.jpg
    1) Get up -> walk -> celebrate This gives me a good kickstart to the day
    🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️
    🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️
    2) flush/wash -> 6 wall push-ups -> 10 kickback --> celebrate Additional Stack added
    🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽
    🚽🚽🚽🚽
    3) switch coffee creamer on -> 10 knee raises -> celebrate
    ☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️
    ☕️☕️☕️☕️

@BodyTalking - 💖Italian holiday. Solid 'I will.... ' for July. 🤦🏼‍♀️ What are we like? 😂My reward for doing so well this month so far was to take yesterday as a pass day on food as it was a big celebration. I had been 'banking' calories all week in anticipation, so not too much damage done. Only slightly over calories as far as I can remember 😂 PS: all our family have been double jabbed and we all tested negative before the party.
    @Mrs_Hoffer - 💖 the family time, but so exhausting even though our grands are all adults. 😂 Hope your pulled muscle is very temporary.
    @themedalist - very impressive. I taught myself to play the keyboard the same way. Still have a wee jam every so often.
    @MadisonMolly2017 - Bravo on the dropping trend weight. I was around 160 for ages before I decided drop a bit more to my present maintenance range of 142 - 148. It gives me wiggle room for days like yesterday.
    @SummerSkier - 😍 The sock story.

TTFN 🖖🏻Live long and prosper 🚀

• BodyTalking
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112
    Sunday was a great celebration night for us - watching Italy beat England 😂

I don't like the 12th July stuff, but glad you had a nice time with family.

Sunday & Monday Routine
    ‌✅✅After I brush my teeth & weigh myself, I'll take my meds & vits and drink water.
    ‌✅✅After I drink my morning water, I'll charge my Fitbit, get washed and ready for the day ahead.
    ‌✅✅After I get ready, I'll make breakfast/brunch.
    ‌✅✅After eating, I'll exercise, step or cycle for 10 mins.
    Anytime: After/While I do ..., I'll do ...!
    ✅‌‌✅...Lie on Shakti mat.
    ✅‌‌✅...Take a mindful rest.
    ✅‌‌✅...Duolingo language learning.
    ✅‌‌✅...Puzzle app.
    ✅‌...Delete/unsubscribe emails.
    ‌...Note down tasks & priorities.
    ✅‌‌✅...Do some exercises.
    ✅‌‌✅...Clean or tidy something.
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @BodyTalking - We are not too keen about all the hassle around about the 12th of July either. The bonfires are very dangerous and it’s a wonder that more people don’t get hurt. We normally try and take a holiday at that time, mostly to France where we celebrate Bastille Day.

I’m not into football 😂 but glad you enjoyed the match.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    y5uo8rtyaf4f.jpeg

How are things going for you?

• TerriRichardson112
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 - Your tracker looks lovely.

Things are going well. I’m relaxing after our busy week with family. Working on the garden. The weather is unusually dry so we are watering like mad.
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    @BodyTalking - We are not too keen about all the hassle around about the 12th of July either. The bonfires are very dangerous and it’s a wonder that more people don’t get hurt. We normally try and take a holiday at that time, mostly to France where we celebrate Bastille Day.

I’m not into football 😂 but glad you enjoyed the match.

Lol, I like to escape at Christmas and New Year ✈️🏖️🌞 I don't like busy beach holidays, so usually go to Catalonia for a quieter, but still warm and pleasant, coastal holiday. We had to cancel our trip this past Christmas, which was also to include my 50th birthday in January 😭

I do like the footy and, having a terrible national representation, it's fun to support everyone who plays against England 🤭
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    You’re all doing so well! Summer is flying by!!
    I’ve taken a break from tracking habits this week but have been keeping up with them 🤪 kinda sorta! I’m pretty sure the scale has trended down a bit as my daughter cooks very well…when she cooks which is sporadic😂. Will be home by the weekend and will pick it up then.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Thanks for posting @nebslp!! Your daughter sounds like me cooking wise!! Part of my maintenance plan..don’t cook tummy stuff lol at least not too often!

It was great to hear from you!
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    Thanks @77tes and @TerriRichardson112 for well wishes for my back.... it does seem to be much better. I'm going to go a little slower and try to go a little longer (longer session) when I do my yoga. I'm convinced that's how I pulled the muscle in the first place! Crazy!

@TerriRichardson112 glad you had a nice time with your family. My stepson and grands are here for a few more days. I love the kids dearly, but a 7 year old boy has waaaaayyyy too much energy for ME!! Whew! I also wanted to say that I think your tracker looks adorable!

@themedalist I loved your guitar story! That's a perfect example of how small habits can really add up! Thanks for sharing!

Except for several days of not doing yoga/stretching (because of my back pain), I'm still plodding along with my tracker! I just got my paper one printed and am playing catch-up coloring in the squares for the month! :smile:
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    🤓🌹💕💖💕💃🏻🕺🏻💕💖💕🌹🤓
    🌹💖🎉 In July I will ..... 🎉💖🌹
    😎🌹💕💖💕💃🏻🕺🏻💕💖💕🌹😎

I will be posting every few days or so for July, but working on my habit refinement daily.

15 July - Two weeks in and things are still on track.

We are dog sitting for our younger girl for a few days and I'm just waiting for her to bring Jack, her older pooch round. The younger dog Sidney is rather a handful so he is going into kennels for a few days. He goes every week on Friday for Doggy Daycare and loves it.

👀 Start small - Still sticking to my 3 Tiny habits
    👃🏻 build on current habits - I've continued to add a few reps each day
    👅 Refine as you progress - Now doing 10 push-ups (with some counter push-ups) for #2

Week 3: My journal,is becoming more colourful. I found my gel pens when I was Decluttering 😂 I've done a collage of the pages since I restarted it.
    21ug8wzinxmc.jpeg
    1) Get up -> walk -> celebrate This gives me a good kickstart to the day
    🚶‍♀️
    2) flush/wash -> 10 push-ups -> 10 kickbacks --> celebrate Additional Stack added
    🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽
    🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽
    3) switch milk creamer on -> 10 knee raises -> celebrate
    ☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️
    ☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️

TTFN 🖖🏻Live long and prosper 🚀
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Great post, @TerriRichardson112 ! I’m glad you’re finding the habit techniques so helpful! 😁