This July “I Will”… Welcome aboard!

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 - I think that is a very good idea. I was thinking along similar lines coming up to the end of the third week of July here. I was wavering between an evening or an afternoon habit sequence.

Your tracker is just gorgeous. I love the flower format that you’re using.

Have a great day.
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Options

dy4tc1m5qp72.jpg

~ 👬🏼 ~💕~ 🌺 ~💕~ 👫🏼 ~💕~ 🌺 ~💕~ 👫🏼 ~ 💕 ~ 🌺 ~💕~ 👭🏻 ~ 💕 ~ 🌺 ~💕~ 👫🏼 ~💕~ 🌺 ~💕~ 👫🏼 ~💕~ 🌺 ~💕~ 👭🏻 ~

4kieyzice6mq.gif~~ Waving Hi ~~ Good Morning ~~ Wishing Everyone a LOVEly FUNtastic Friday ~~

Well... This is the last day of my son & his Fams week here... they leave EARLY tomorrow the morning.... Sad to see them go...
    it was a great Visit...They are asleep... so I thought I would do some computing... I am Proud of myself... with all the cooking I
    did with lots of snacks around me .... I didnt cave And I remained consistent And lost 3 lbs. I WILL and I AM and I DID

"Make new friends, but keep the old; Those are silver, these are gold. " ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~Joseph Parry~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~ 👬🏼 ~💕~ 🌺 ~💕~ 👫🏼 ~💕~ 🌺 ~💕~ 👫🏼 ~ 💕 ~ 🌺 ~💕~ 👭🏻 ~ 💕 ~ 🌺 ~💕~ 👫🏼 ~💕~ 🌺 ~💕~ 👫🏼 ~💕~ 🌺 ~💕~ 👭🏻 ~

pic update of Sunflower... ry8w1pnxgogv.jpg
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    So I have been back to work a month now. It's interesting. How long to develop new habits? I actually find I do enjoy the office as far as getting to talk to and see more folks. I discovered one thing that was causing too much stress was the alarm clock. I stopped using it during the pandemic and with going back to work I started setting it to make "sure" I did not oversleep to be able to run in the morning. But this week I turned it back off. I typically get up on time regardless as I am a morning person. For some reason this one small action reduced a lot of stress this week.

Maddie so glad to see the morning routine is working so well!!! I have always done a little strength work after my runs to not only stretch out but just based on my oldmilitary history/habits. I come in, relax for a moment then grab my heavy hands and do some arm work while doing mild squats. Then I go in the bedroom (followed by all the cats!) and lie down to do some situps and brush said critturs. I am not sure if the I do this for the situps and stretching and then pushups (where the Dude likes his headbutts with every pushup) or for the exercise. I have actually done this for years. When I was losing I gradually increased the weights on the heavy hands each month. The end of the session before my shower is stretching and the pushups combine the stretching of hams and achilles.

Just checking in from a day off and about to go for a run before it gets too sunny out... hmm maybe I will sunbathe today for 15 minutes. It's been a few weeks since it's been rainy here.

@SummerSkier ooh great routine.. you gave me many ideas of how to continue to expand it! (Just added planks)

Agree that alarm clocks ⏰ are evil - glad that is working much better for you.

Thanks! And I hope your run with awesome!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've been MIA a few months now, trying to work through some situational changes in our family and life in general and would love to jump back in even though it's already the 16th! So many new faces! Yay! It's awesome to see familiar faces are still here too!

I'm starting out slow because I really need to nail this and get it on lock. I feel like I need to start out as though this is my first go-round and start fresh from the beginning.

I need to get drinking 64 oz of water daily on lock and make it a habit.

I also need to make activity a habit. It has been over a year since my job was eliminated due to Covid and I'm still floundering. It was just recently that I realized I have probably been actually grieving. I've become very sedentary and very withdrawn and it's time to snap out of it!

The final thing for July that I need to get on lock is planning my meals daily and logging into MFP. Of these 3, I'd like to get the first and third on lock and improve on the activity for now.

So....here goes!

Small July 2021 Habit Changes:

1. AFTER I pour my cup of coffee, I WILL fill a 64 oz pitcher with water and place on counter in middle of kitchen/dining room area.

2. AFTER I pour coffee and fill my water pitcher, I WILL sit at the kitchen table and write my 24H Plan.

3. AFTER I write my 24H plan, I WILL log into MFP.

4. AFTER I finish dinner dishes, I WILL put on my walking shoes.

I recently purchased James Clear's Atomic Habits and will begin reading out of it >15 minutes per day. I will also sign up for his newsletter.

I just joined up to do the 5-Day Tiny Habits challenge which starts on Monday by BJ Fogg (I think that's his name?). The tiny habit I will be working on for this 5-day challenge is getting up earlier by setting an alarm.

I will be using a paper habit tracker for now and will upload the image probably weekly, possibly more. I think that covers everything?

It feels so good to be back! I've wondered how everyone is doing. So glad to see you're still here and thriving!! xoxo :flowerforyou:

Tracie in Green Bay
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    P.S. I only got through Page 1 so far. I will spend time tonight catching up on July so I know what's up and where everyone is.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've been MIA a few months now, trying to work through some situational changes in our family and life in general and would love to jump back in even though it's already the 16th! So many new faces! Yay! It's awesome to see familiar faces are still here too!

I'm starting out slow because I really need to nail this and get it on lock. I feel like I need to start out as though this is my first go-round and start fresh from the beginning.

I need to get drinking 64 oz of water daily on lock and make it a habit.

I also need to make activity a habit. It has been over a year since my job was eliminated due to Covid and I'm still floundering. It was just recently that I realized I have probably been actually grieving. I've become very sedentary and very withdrawn and it's time to snap out of it!

The final thing for July that I need to get on lock is planning my meals daily and logging into MFP. Of these 3, I'd like to get the first and third on lock and improve on the activity for now.

So....here goes!

Small July 2021 Habit Changes:

1. AFTER I pour my cup of coffee, I WILL fill a 64 oz pitcher with water and place on counter in middle of kitchen/dining room area.

2. AFTER I pour coffee and fill my water pitcher, I WILL sit at the kitchen table and write my 24H Plan.

3. AFTER I write my 24H plan, I WILL log into MFP.

4. AFTER I finish dinner dishes, I WILL put on my walking shoes.

I recently purchased James Clear's Atomic Habits and will begin reading out of it >15 minutes per day. I will also sign up for his newsletter.

I just joined up to do the 5-Day Tiny Habits challenge which starts on Monday by BJ Fogg (I think that's his name?). The tiny habit I will be working on for this 5-day challenge is getting up earlier by setting an alarm.

I will be using a paper habit tracker for now and will upload the image probably weekly, possibly more. I think that covers everything?

It feels so good to be back! I've wondered how everyone is doing. So glad to see you're still here and thriving!! xoxo :flowerforyou:

Tracie in Green Bay

@PackerFanInGB
    Oh it’s SO Great to hear from you!
    There certainly has been much to cope with! I’m sorry you’ve been going through all this.

And SO glad to see your plan!

Yes, BJ Fogg’s course is very helpful!!

I look forward to seeing your tracker & love that we’ll be back in touch with you!

Bravo to you for starting today!!

Best,
    🌸Maddie
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,799 Member
    Options
    welcome back @PackerFanInGB and those look like a wonderful way to start! Me - at this point with everything going on I am mostly just focusing on one.... if I can ...

@debys137 the sunflowers in Tx are going crazy right now with all the rain but yours look magnificent also. Well done on losing thru the visit that is a difficult accomplishment for sure but well worth it.

Can't believe July is speeding by already. wow.

I am still doing well with taking my BP every morning. My habit is changing a little as I don't always have oatmeal for breakfast anymore but I am getting hang of doing it before I leave for work. It's interesting to see the daily fluctuations and try to understand to some extent what causes them - poor sleep, anxiety over appts (dental mostly!) I do feel that I am eating better with a lot less fluff and more substance veggies and fruits. Altho I have slacked a little on the fruits because it's harder with being in the office. Mostly I can prep for Mon - Wed or Thursday on the weekend after shopping. I am certainly going to miss all the fresh ones once summer starts to close.
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    It is good to hear from you again @PackerFanInGB . I know about floundering during the pandemic changes, and you're right, there comes a time when you just say...enough.. I've had my season of sadness and now it's time to start fresh... Today. Sometimes when the emotions rise, I try to take it one moment at a time, one breath, and remember that's all we are guaranteed. Meditating is a new practice for me. Between that and reading books on mindfulness and anxiety over the past several months, I've learned how to let an emotion rise, feeling and embracing it in that moment without getting carried away with it, and then releasing it. I imagine an ocean wave coming in and going back out taking the emotion with it so I can fill the next moment in time with gratefulness. I really like the Deepak Chopra short meditations that come with my Fitbit plan.

@SummerSkier I'm back from beautiful Texas and it was GorGeouS! I don't know what all of the flowering trees were, but they are amazing! I'm going to post a pic of one and see if one of you Texas gals will identify it it for me. We were in the coastal area, great plains, and hill country and loved it all. On another note, I'm sure the transition to work has to be hard. But it sounds like you're getting it all figured out, and I'm so impressed that you wake up without an alarm. I would be so worried about oversleeping I'd be looking at the clock every hour! Good for you for eliminating the "fluff" in your diet. It's a good time to enjoy all the fresh goodies out there. Your blood pressure monitoring is inspiring me to start checking mine at home. Maybe an August goal?

My July goal of taking my pills every day has been going well. 14/16 days so far. Meditation went by the wayside most days during my travels but I started the morning out today by sitting outside and listening to a Deepak Chopra 6 min. session on total wellbeing and emotions. I will do more later focusing on breathwork.

There are so many great posts above that I appreciate. @MadisonMolly2017 your tracker is so pretty and meaningful. @DebyS137 Love your sunflower! It looks like the sun watching over the rest of the plants. Thanks to all of you for your inspiring and uplifting posts, and enjoy July, Part 2.
  • DebyS137
    edited July 2021
    Options

oqwhapq6m56w.jpg

~💕~💖~💛~🧡~💚~💙~💜~💕~💖~💛~🧡~💚~💙~💜~💕~💖~💛~🧡~💚~💙~💜~💕~💖~💛~🧡~💚~💙~💜~💕~

4kieyzice6mq.gif~ Waving Hi ~ Wishing You a Super Saturday and a LOVEly COLOR-filled Weekend ~

@nebsip @Summerskier - Thank You

Had a great visit with Son & his lil family...
    Its always sad to see them go.. we will see them again Next summer.... I remained Consistent While they were here ~ I am Committed to Succeed

"Make your plate colorful. A lot of Asian countries make it a point of having five colors present on every dish, which leads to
    eating nutrient-rich foods. " ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Harley Pasternak ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~💕~💖~💛~🧡~💚~💙~💜~💕~💖~💛~🧡~💚~💙~💜~💕~💖~💛~🧡~💚~💙~💜~💕~💖~💛~🧡~💚~💙~💜~💕~

• MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Thank you @nebslp!
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    @BodyTalking - We live in a seaside town, so tend to favour activity holidays, and the odd cruise. Our last foreign holiday was in May 2019. We did a walking holiday in Southern Croatia which included several days in Dubrovnik and a stay on one of the offshore islands.

We also rented a villa on an island off the coast of Co Donegal with family in August 2019. We have 3 adult grands who still like to have a summer holiday with their mom and us. Long may that continue.

I've still never been to Croatia but I'd love to spend some time there. It's the most popular destination for Czechs as it was one of the places they were allowed to go to under communism.

My husband's mother came from Donegal, up in the Lough Swilly area. I was only over once but it would be nice to get back sometime.

The last time I got over to Scotland to see my mum and sister was in August 2019. Getting into the UK with testing and quarantines, while there and upon return, is still a pain in the neck!
  • BodyTalking
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Oh, it's easy to get derailed, isn't it? After a week's holiday and a free weekend, going back to work was tiring. Anyway, I've adjusted my habit routine a little and will get it going again. Sunday has begun and so has the routine, with 5 points ticked off 🧚

Daily Routine
    ‌• After morning ablutions, I'll weigh myself and take meds & vits.
    ‌• After that, I'll drink some water and get ready for the day ahead.
    ‌• If I have time at this point, I'll do my Anytime list (see below), then get ready.
    ‌• After I get ready, I'll make breakfast/brunch.
    ‌• After eating, I'll exercise, step or cycle for 10 mins.

Anytime: After/While I do ..., I'll do ...!
    ‌...Lie on Shakti mat.
    ‌...Take a mindful rest.
    ‌...Note down tasks & priorities.
    ‌...Delete/unsubscribe emails.
    ‌...Duolingo language learning.
    ‌...Puzzle app.
    ‌...Clean or tidy something.

🌞 Have a sunshine filled Sunday 🌞
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! And happy Sunday!

Like everyone else, I am super thrilled that @PackerFanInGB has rejoined our group. Completely understand your need for a break and I’m sure you needed time to grieve. Welcome back! We have missed you!

@TerriRichardson112, I’m so glad you did the Tiny Habits class. It’s a wonderful introduction to the structure of habits and why small changes are the key. It isn’t often that we get to take a free class from an expert in the field. Glad you did!

Your tracker is beautiful, @MadisonMolly2017! thank you for sharing it with us.

I hear you on the alarm, @SummerSkier. I feel the same way.

I haven’t made much progress on my balance exercises and that’s OK. Lots of other things have needed my attention. Even though it will only take a few minutes, sometimes I push back and decide I don’t want to add anything new right now. I’m still doing it on occasion.
  • DebyS137
    edited July 2021
    Options

~💕~🌞~💕~☀️~💕~🌞~💕~☀️~💕~🌞~💕~☀️~💕~🌞~💕~☀️~💕~🌞~💕~☀️~💕~🌞~💕~☀️~💕~🌞~💕~☀️~💕~

Welcome to a LOVEly New Day..m66cvn0b13q1.gif..BLESSings ~ ALLways ~ Deby

4kieyzice6mq.gif~ Waving Hi ~ Wishing You a SUNsational SUNday ~ And ~ a WONDER-filled Week ahead ~

Starting the Week off feeling Very Hopeful AND Determined to Succeed in reaching my Healthy Goals as well as some other Goals
    I WILL be creating a new habit of walking 50-60 min. for my Early morning Walk to start the day

" Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine."~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Anthony J. D'Angelo ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

• BodyTalking
    Options
    Sunday: ✔️ I ticked off all the steps to my new morning and daily habits routine today 😊
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,781 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB it is great to see you back. It looks like you are jumping in with both feet!

I’d like to reply to all of you, but it would be probably be better to post something 😜

My husband and I have been enjoying a staycation while my daughters are on vacation. We are luxuriating in the spaciousness of our tiny house with two fewer people. I’ve been sticking to my daily habit of tree poses and push-ups, but my carbs and fasting are pretty bad. 🙄 Still, I’m moving onward. I finally did some sewing this week, but I didn’t get to my decluttering project.

u03bccn64wog.jpeg
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @77tes you’re killing the tree pose and push-ups so you’re meeting those goals and many more🎉. Awesome!!! Did you sew something fun?
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,781 Member
    Options
    nebslp wrote: »
    @77tes you’re killing the tree pose and push-ups so you’re meeting those goals and many more🎉. Awesome!!! Did you sew something fun?

@nebslp I’m repairing a quilt - a store bought cheapy. It’s not a lot of fun, still it’s satisfying to fix something rather than trash it, and my husband really likes this quilt. One of these days I’ll get brave and make the quilt I’ve been dreaming about, but until then, I hone my skills.

I also got my beloved wedding gift Kenmore serviced and she’s running like a dream. I have been guiding my daughter through making a shirt. I gave her some really fun fabric at Christmas with the promise to guide her through a project. I was thinking apron or pillowcase - of course she chose a button down shirt. It’s pretty tough especially since she is a perfectionist. I needed this machine fixed for the buttonholes. Maybe this week she can get that second sleeve in.