Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,088 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    🤓🌹💕💖💕💃🏻🕺🏻💕💖💕🌹🤓
    🌹💖🎉 In July I will ..... 🎉💖🌹
    😎🌹💕💖💕💃🏻🕺🏻💕💖💕🌹😎

I will be posting every few days or so for July, but working on my habit refinement daily.

19 July - We’ve had a busy few days. Daughter collected her dog yesterday. The weather has been brilliant so we have had lots of work done in the garden, although finding shared was often a problem.

👀 Start small - Plan what comes next.
    👃🏻 build on current habits - In progress
    👅 Refine as you progress - In progress

Week 3: Keeping up-to-date with my habit planner tracker. There’s not a lot of room left on the page now so I might have to use a separate page for my art. Still writing my journal.
    54tbc5ek3g4b.jpeg
    1) Get up -> walk -> celebrate This gives me a good kickstart to the day
    🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️
    🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️
    🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️
    2) flush/wash -> 10 push-ups -> 10 kickbacks --> celebrate Additional Stack added
    🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽
    🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽
    🚽🚽🚽
    3) switch milk creamer on -> 10 knee raises -> celebrate
    ☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️
    ☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️
    ☕️☕️☕️

Pax Vobiscum 🕊

• nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    77tes wrote: »
    nebslp wrote: »
    @77tes you’re killing the tree pose and push-ups so you’re meeting those goals and many more🎉. Awesome!!! Did you sew something fun?

@nebslp I’m repairing a quilt - a store bought cheapy. It’s not a lot of fun, still it’s satisfying to fix something rather than trash it, and my husband really likes this quilt. One of these days I’ll get brave and make the quilt I’ve been dreaming about, but until then, I hone my skills.

I also got my beloved wedding gift Kenmore serviced and she’s running like a dream. I have been guiding my daughter through making a shirt. I gave her some really fun fabric at Christmas with the promise to guide her through a project. I was thinking apron or pillowcase - of course she chose a button down shirt. It’s pretty tough especially since she is a perfectionist. I needed this machine fixed for the buttonholes. Maybe this week she can get that second sleeve in.

Old quilts are easy to love and worth taking care of. Good luck to your daughter with her sewing. She’s lucky to have you to help her with those tricky sleeves.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,781 Member
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 your tracker is gorgeous! It positively glows with energy!

@nebslp I’m going to try one of your favorite Classical Stretch routines this week. I’ve got a challenge in another group to do a workout I haven’t tried before, and I know you really like these workouts.
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    I have completed my tiny habits for Monday 🍌 I ate a banana as a reward.

Daily Routine
    ‌• After morning ablutions and charging my Fitbit, I'll weigh myself and take meds & vits.
    ‌• After that, I'll drink some water and get ready for the day ahead.
    •‌ If I have time at this point, I'll do my Anytime list (see below), then get ready.
    ‌• After I get ready, I'll make breakfast/brunch.
    ‌• After/before eating, I'll exercise, step or cycle.

Anytime: After/While I do ..., I'll do ...!
    ‌...Lie on Shakti mat.
    ‌...Take a mindful rest.
    ‌...Note down tasks & priorities.
    ‌...Delete/unsubscribe emails.
    ‌...Duolingo language learning.
    ‌...Puzzle app.
    ‌...Clean or tidy something.

Reward: healthy option treat but only if hungry, otherwise, a celebratory pat on the back.
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    ~✨~💕~🔮~💕~✨~💕~🔮~💕~✨~💕~🔮~💕~✨~💕~🔮~💕~✨~💕~🔮~💕~✨~💕~🔮~💕~✨~💕~🔮~💕~✨~

qjpkhc9ca7lp.jpg

zvm4uhdplp85.gif~Waving Hi~ And ~Wishing You a Most MAGICal Monday~ And ~a WONDERfilled Week ~

WELCOME to a New Day ~And~ Week Filled with SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Many Magical WONDERfull Possibilities...
    I WILL succeed ... We Will Succeed

"Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish." ~ John Quincy Adams

• nebslp
    Options
    I’m asking my southern friends (OK and TX) for input on this bush/tree that was everywhere along I-35. There were several shades of pink and red, some even looked lavender like my lilac bushes. Flowers are lilac shaped. Pure gorgeousness!
    ydakrr5tbb5m.jpeg
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,799 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Crepe Myrtle ❤️❤️ Gorgeous and bloom all summer long. Many varieties of color including white.

My routine this morning:

Got up
    Made the bed
    Cleaned up cat puke on carpet
    Pilled the cat
    Lit a candle in living room
    Went to toilet.
    Sat there and watched to see if little black bugs were back and I needed to spray
    flushed AND wiped :)
    washed hands for 3 minutes and opened faucet for cat to drink
    Brushed teeth
    got dressed to run
    Walked into living room and opened blinds
    Turned cat fountain on and started coffee
    fed cats milling around the kitchen now
    Opened more blinds
    Turned ceiling fans on
    cleaned up litter box and more cat puke
    Opened work email and began coffee drinking and working
    checked private computer MFP and email
    drank more coffee
    cleaned up more cat puke. (jeezz does it NEVER end with the 4 of them!!!!???)
    took out garbage and did more work stuff
    went to bathroom again and then got finished dressing for running (put on HR monitor and bluetooth ear)

I could go on...

I don't honestly think I have room for more habits with this chain of events. Mostly I actually look for things I could STOP doing and still be happy about them. To me that is what doing a stream of habit analysis recording every single move is most helpful for seeing what things are non value added. :) Because I tend to accumulate in an OCD fashion a lot of tiny moves which seem almost too much to the point of busy busy busy but moving in circles.

The habits I want to add here (tiny ones) are small and specific items which will be beneficial for the rest of my life. Typically picking one item to work on each month or going back to previous months to see if those habits were ingrained and still worthy is how I approach this challenge.

When you add a whole long chain of things IMO you are setting yourself up to fail because it's pretty easy once one link of the chain gets broken that nothing else follows. But doing one small habit paired with an existing one is very likely to be successfull.

Also overuse of emoticons tends to make me skip reading....

o:)
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    @SummerSkier Wow! The cat puke 😲 I never ever want a pet again 😄
  • nebslp
    Options
    @SummerSkier Thanks for IDing the tree. I think my niece had those in her yard in NC last spring but they weren't blooming then. They're beautiful any time of the year <3
    I really like the idea of looking at my routine and then picking out the essentials vs the not necessary. Cutting things out can be just as important as adding something new. Cat feeding and cleanup is probably on the necessity list ;)

I tend to agree with @SummerSkier and others here that "small and specific" habits tend to persist months later when you're motivated to change one thing and you've chosen only one small thing to focus on. That's different from a routine. It's also important to use something that is in my daily routine as a trigger, and there needs to be a reward. Atomic Habits by James Clear made the importance of reward very clear (no pun intended) but the reward is the one thing I struggle with so I now just use my tracker at that time as a reward. My app gives me a percentage and I like seeing that increase. I actually need to track immediately because the habit of taking my pills is nearly established and sometimes I forget if I actually took them..."or was that yesterday" kind of thing.

Focusing on too many things can be overwhelming ...ask me how I know :( My success goes from "I did everything..." the first week to "I did some things..." the second week to "this is really hard" the third week to "I should have focused on one little thing" by the end of the month. Tiny habits should be simple, like "today I will floss one tooth" or "I will write one word in my journal after dinner" and then watch the habit blossom. It doesn't seem like much in the beginning but that's the point. One thing. Being so easy it's almost impossible to fail. It's a process to say the least!

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with you both.
    I focus on *at most* one NEW habit per month.
    I have a hundred + that are solid. THAT MEANS I don’t have to THINK about them. We likely all do!

My new one since June 7 is the upper body exercises which I’ve now done 43 days…I keep them on My tracker until they are automatic. My others are the minimum habits I’ve found help me maintain & I want the data. (I track monthly & yearly, so I never get fat again.

My goal these days is to invent ways to make Maintenance as Easy & Least Time-Consuming as possible!!!
  • nebslp
    edited July 2021
    Options
    2/3 through the month 😊 I should be able to break 90% by the end!
    Progress, not perfection.
    smtk2cnzi7lq.jpeg
  • DebyS137
    Options

~🍓~💕~☕~💕~🍓~💕~☕~💕~🍓~💕~☕~💕~🍓~💕~☕~💕~🍓~💕~☕~💕~🍓~💕~☕~💕~🍓~💕~☕~💕~🍓~
    ~Welcome to a LOVEly New Day~uq9xqgakvj35.gif~BLESSings ~ ALLways~

4kieyzice6mq.gif~ Waving Hi ~ Good Morning ~ Wishing Everyone ~ a BERRY TERRIFIC Tuesday ~

I am feeling VERY Motivated -SO- I Will be Taking on the Task of DEcluttering my Craft room. I am sure it will take me awhile...

"The happiest people in the world are those who feel absolutely terrific about themselves, and this is the natural out-growth
    of accepting total responsibility for every part of their life." ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Brian Tracy ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,799 Member
    Options
    **** my eyes ******

B)B)B)
  • 77tes
    Options
    Yep @nebslp @SummerSkier is right the tree is a crepe myrtle! They are all over my neighborhood in many different colors and shades. My particular favorite is a dark purple. I love them because they bloom abundantly through the heat of July and August.

Oops! I forgot my tree pose and push-ups yesterday- I got a ton accomplished, but those two slipped my mind.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    nebslp wrote: »
    2/3 through the month 😊 I should be able to break 90% by the end!
    Progress, not perfection.
    smtk2cnzi7lq.jpeg

Awesome!! Turns our perfection is not needed for terrific results!! Who knew?!

• MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    DebyS137 wrote: »

~Welcome to a LOVEly New Day~uq9xqgakvj35.gif~BLESSings ~ ALLways~

4kieyzice6mq.gif~ Waving Hi ~ Good Morning ~ Wishing Everyone ~ a BERRY TERRIFIC Tuesday ~

I am feeling VERY Motivated -SO- I Will be Taking on the Task of DEcluttering my Craft room. I am sure it will take me awhile...

"The happiest people in the world are those who feel absolutely terrific about themselves, and this is the natural out-growth
    of accepting total responsibility for every part of their life." ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Brian Tracy ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Yay @DebyS137
    Decluttering your craft room will Change Your Life (and give you an amazing place to go & have FUN!)

What approach are you taking for your exciting plan?

🌸
  • DebyS137
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 .... THANKS

LOL... my approach = Get rid of useless JUNK .... LOL ... My room has become more of a storage / catch all space...
    I still do my crafting... I would love to see it all set up as a fun craft room... so I will be taking my time as i Declutter

• MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    av8o1a526eb2.jpeg

Fun day yesterday masked at an art museum with my best friend!!

After almost 3 weeks, my appetite has ebbed & scale *might* be shifting

Upper Body exercise is going great- doing more than I was! Today was Day 44!

We still have 1/3 of the month ahead!! Let’s make the most of it!! I think I’m in the right groove now to remove 1 pound before Aug 1!! Freggies help a lot.
  • 77tes
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 hooray for visiting an art museum! My daughters have visited the Huntington since it reopened, but only the gardens, not the galleries. Your tracker is so beautiful and inspiring!

@DebyS137 - decluttering craft supplies is tough. My sewing stuff is the most difficult. Go, go, go! 👏🤣
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,088 Member
    Options
    @DebS137 - Decluttering craft supplies is a rolling task. 😂 I take on shelf at a time and use a 15 minute timer. Problem is that I have too many interests. Lol!