Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,105 Member
    Options
    🤓🌹💕💖💕💃🏻🕺🏻💕💖💕🌹🤓
    🌹💖🎉 In July I will ..... 🎉💖🌹
    😎🌹💕💖💕💃🏻🕺🏻💕💖💕🌹😎

I will be posting every few days or so for July, but working on my habit refinement daily.

Wed 19 July - It's grocery shopping day, so fridge and food storage Declutter. Also today we are having our drive and guttering etc powerwashed.

👀 Start small - Declutter fridge as I go!
    👃🏻 build on current habits - in progress
    👅 Refine as you progress - In progress

Week 3: This is my digital planner.
    65f03jxlegol.png
    1) Get up -> walk -> celebrate This gives me a good kickstart to the day
    🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️
    2) flush/wash -> 10 push-ups -> 10 kickbacks --> celebrate Additional Stack added
    🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽
    🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽
    🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽
    3) switch milk creamer on -> 10 knee raises -> celebrate
    ☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️
    ☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️
    ☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️

Pax Vobiscum 🕊
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Options
    ~ 💕 ~🦋~💕~🌟~💕~🦋~💕~🌟~💕~🦋~💕~🌟~💕~🦋~💕~🌟~💕~🦋~💕~🌟~💕~🦋~💕~🌟~💕~🦋~💕~🌟~ 💕 ~

e443ltktku22.jpg

4kieyzice6mq.gif~ ~ Waving Hi ~ ~ Wishing Everyone ~ ~ a WOOHOO WEIRDnWILDnWISE Wednesday ~ ~

Its a LOVEly day to be ALIVE !!! THANKS !!! Everyone for the Decluttering Tips... I most definitely will use them
    I am having to take it easy with my foot.... Still having pain when shoe rubs.... So using the boot when I take walks its helping....

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Norman Vincent Peale ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,818 Member
    Options
    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT - My school files decluttering project is DONE

vshha92f1ovr.jpg

In other news - my dancing group is set to start dancing July 30!!!

@Mrs_Hoffer your morning and evening routines sound terrific!!
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    @77tes YAY! It must feel awesome to have completed that long and difficult purging process. I did that about 7 years ago and it was not easy. AND Today my sister and I were talking about the health benefits of dancing...our cousin a few times removed turned 100 in April and gave up square dancing just last year. She still swims every day, I think. Anyway, we decided since our spouses aren't fond of dancing that we should find a group and go together. I told her about your Victorian type group (wasn't sure of what to call it). She was excited and told me to find one for us. So now I'm on the hunt for something. The closest would be 50 miles for both of us coming from different directions, but it sounds too fun to not try :) However the night driving might not be so fun :/ especially in winter.

@DebyS137 I hope your foot is feeling better by now.

@Mrs_Hoffer That's a crazy early hour to get up! Hats off to you for making sure you have time for yoga and your morning walk B)

@TerriRichardson112 Nice consistent work!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,998 Member
    Options
    77tes wrote: »
    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT - My school files decluttering project is DONE

vshha92f1ovr.jpg

In other news - my dancing group is set to start dancing July 30!!!

@Mrs_Hoffer your morning and evening routines sound terrific!!

Congratulations @77tes
    What a wonderful accomplishment!!

I am one small box away from being completely done myself…I’ve put a big push the past 10 days. Did you purge most of it? Or transfer to digital?

Terrific accomplishment & have a fantastic time back at dance!!

🌸Maddie
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @nebslp that sounds perfect!!
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,921 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @77tes well done on the decluttering 👏

@Mrs_Hoffer it sounds like your mornings are going well - even though you get up earlier than the birds 🐓

@TerriRichardson112 your routine is mastered by the looks of things. Well done on being consistent 🚶‍♀️

@DebyS137 I hope your foot gets better soon. Thanks for all your happy posts 🥰

My morning essentials routine is going fine. I don't have the 'do this, then do that' flow in place but I do have a little list in my head and know to get each thing done before I head out. It does help because I have fewer of the blue-arsed fly 'what have I forgotten?' moments.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    @77tes - You’ve inspired me to go get rid of some more unneeded stuff from my teaching days.
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    ~💕~ 🏝 ~💕~ 🌴 ~💕~ 🏝 ~💕~ 🌴 ~💕~ 🏝 ~💕~ 🌴 ~💕~ 🏝 ~💕~ 🌴 ~💕~ 🏝 ~💕~ 🌴 ~💕~ 🏝 ~💕~ 🌴 ~💕~ 🏝 ~💕~

~Welcome to Today~rgd05fxsmf6z.gif~BLESSings ~ ALLways~

~💕~ 🏝 ~💕~ 🌴 ~💕~ 🏝 ~💕~ 🌴 ~💕~ 🏝 ~💕~ 🌴 ~💕~ 🏝 ~💕~ 🌴 ~💕~ 🏝 ~💕~ 🌴 ~💕~ 🏝 ~💕~ 🌴 ~💕~ 🏝 ~💕~

4kieyzice6mq.gif~ Waving Hi ~ Wishing You ~ The Most Positively LOVEly THOUGHT-filled Thursday ~

@77tes ..... CONGRATS on reaching your decluttering goal.... 🎉 YAY !!! 🥳 Way to go !!! 🎉

@Nebsip ....Had to cut back a bit on my walks... I figure my foot was reminding me its still healing...

@BodyTalking ... THANKS !!! ~💕~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ "The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Alice Walker ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

• angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    Just popping in to say "hey." I haven't done a great job of posting regularly...however, I am still working my habit tracker each day...and (although it hasn't been perfect) I have found great weight loss success just focusing on coloring in my healthy habits.

I still want to create a solid morning routine that will carry me into the new school year...so I need to think on that a bit.

Currently, my mornings go...

Cook breakfast, eat breakfast, walk 30 minutes around the neighborhood.

However...when school starts I won't have as much time.

Have a fantastic day everyone...

Angela
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    angelic843 wrote: »
    Hello Everyone,
    Just popping in to say "hey." I haven't done a great job of posting regularly...however, I am still working my habit tracker each day...and (although it hasn't been perfect) I have found great weight loss success just focusing on coloring in my healthy habits.

I still want to create a solid morning routine that will carry me into the new school year...so I need to think on that a bit.

Currently, my mornings go...

Cook breakfast, eat breakfast, walk 30 minutes around the neighborhood.

However...when school starts I won't have as much time.

Have a fantastic day everyone...

Angela

Great to hear @angelic843 !!
    I find the same with coloring! It’s fun, reflective, and a physical reminder to me of my essential habits!

With school starting, you may need to creatively figure out new things to try, but just never give up - you’ll find habits & a pattern to your day that work for you❣️
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Wow, lots of teachers in here!
    ADD your name to this list!

@77tes DONE✅
    @nebslp
    @TerriRichardson112
    @MadisonMolly2017
  • nebslp
    Options

@77tes DONE✅
    @nebslp
    @TerriRichardson112
    @MadisonMolly2017
    I'm not a teacher, but am a speech pathologist who accumulated records and materials that I used over the course of a 40+ year career spent mostly in schools and homes. The records are gone, the worksheets and paper activities are gone, but I still have games and toys I used with my own kids when they were little, moved them to therapy use, and then to grandkids. Those are hard to part with. It's time to retire them but oh the memories!
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options

@77tes DONE✅
    @nebslp
    @TerriRichardson112
    @MadisonMolly2017
    @BodyTalking

I was just thinking the same thing 😃

I'm a teacher but not a standard school teacher. I teach English as a second language to students of all ages. I did teach at a school but it was extra-curricular, fun classes. Currently, I'm only teaching adults in businesses and children at home (all one-to-one). When you move to another country, it's a very common job for us native speakers of English.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,818 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 I did indeed purge most of it. I went from 4 stuffed file boxes to 1. I don't know how many bags I shredder, and I did burn out our old shredder, but it's done!

@DebyS137 sorry that you foot is hurting. It can be frustrating to have your mobility curtailed, but me patient. Also, there are lots of great chair workout available on Youtube.

@nebslp yes, the stuff I was shredding was pretty easy, but it was a lot of fun remembering all the children I taught and wondering where are they now. Weird to think a kid who I remember from 4th grade is now in his 40s or 50s! Wow! Games and puzzles would be harder to let go.

@BodyTalking that sounds like an interesting and fun way to teach English.

@angelic843 I agree about coloring in my tracker. It is a celebration of success that inspires me to make those habits stick.
  • nebslp
    Options
    @77tes one thing I wish I would have done is make a list of every kid I worked with. I have forgotten so many names. When you start working with THEIR kids you know retirement isn’t too far away! BTW I wasn’t able to find any dance groups in the area unless I count the line dancers in bars😂😢
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    77tes wrote: »
    @MadisonMolly2017 I did indeed purge most of it. I went from 4 stuffed file boxes to 1. I don't know how many bags I shredder, and I did burn out our old shredder, but it's done!

@DebyS137 sorry that you foot is hurting. It can be frustrating to have your mobility curtailed, but me patient. Also, there are lots of great chair workout available on Youtube.

@nebslp yes, the stuff I was shredding was pretty easy, but it was a lot of fun remembering all the children I taught and wondering where are they now. Weird to think a kid who I remember from 4th grade is now in his 40s or 50s! Wow! Games and puzzles would be harder to let go.

@BodyTalking that sounds like an interesting and fun way to teach English.

@angelic843 I agree about coloring in my tracker. It is a celebration of success that inspires me to make those habits stick.

@77tes
    I am purging teaching papers/photos, too.
    Keeping a Banker’s Box for about 5 years of classes. I’m almost done.

Then I plan to go through all of it as a FINAL PASS & get it to one box. It’s time!

Just remembered the albums parents made for me…hmm that would be a second box… I guess I’ll decide in a couple of weeks when I get to that point.

@nebslp I hear you re: all the cool things we got/made for our students. I’m hanging on to them for grandkids, but thinking I should begin passing them on to grand nephews/ nieces…Too many boxes!

Re: student names. I had a really surprising experience today. I taught a whole year ~ 2001 & I remembered 3 students & Mia-remembered 3-5 others who were actually in the year before. Really shocked me. I spent a year with them!!! 😳

Oh well. We sure did have a great year!
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited July 2021
    Options
    🤓🌹💕💖💕💃🏻🕺🏻💕💖💕🌹🤓
    🌹💖🎉 In July I will ..... 🎉💖🌹
    😎🌹💕💖💕💃🏻🕺🏻💕💖💕🌹😎

I will be posting every few days or so for July, but working on my habit refinement daily.

Fri 23 July - My mind is turning to what my habit will be in August. So far, the three tiny habits that I have been setting up in July have become almost automatic. 1) and 2) are meshing with my usual practices, and turning into a new sustainable morning routine which I can add to and adapt as time goes on. I have adapted 3) again. My aim with these three habits was to get as much extra intentional strength exercise into my day as I could do.

👀 Start small - Remember there is no such thing as too small.
    👃🏻 build on current habits - Work in progress
    👅 Refine as you progress - Work in progress

Week 3: This is what I created this morning by adding one of my poems to one of my photos using the PS (Photoshop) app on my tablet.
    vtx3p86m79ai.jpg
    1) Get up -> walk -> celebrate
    This gives me a good kickstart to the day. I plan to tag my August "I will ...." onto it.
    🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️
    2) flush/wash -> 10 push-ups -> 10 kickbacks --> celebrate
    This is a definite keeper. I kept a tally of this one and was surprised to find that I am doing well over a hundred a day of each exercise.
    🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽
    🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽
    🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽
    🚽
    3) coffee/tea -> 10 knee raises -> 20 sec jog on the spot -> celebrate
    I realised that I only add creamer to my coffee once or twice a day, but have coffee much more frequently.
    ☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️
    ☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️
    ☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️
    ☕️

Pax Vobiscum 🕊

Decluttering
    Going through old papers/photos is wonderful and terrible at the same time. Inevitably, one gets sucked down the rabbithole of nostalgia 😂 which is, of course, why we have all these things hanging around in the first place 🤦🏼‍♀️

However, it does give a such sense of achievement when we mange to slowly reduce the clutter.
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited July 2021
    Options
    De cluttering
    I went through my old school stuff and discovered that I must have done a better job than I thought the last time I looked. There is not that much left.

Rather than just leave it I then looked at a lot of other papers in the filing cabinet. I
    have Decluttered 2 file drawers, so I’m well on the way to clearing out a lot of the paper rubbish that I have just filed and forgotten.

I should’ve done this ages ago, but you lot have inspired me to get stuck into it today.