Chat Room

Replies

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,635 Member
    Good Evening Everyone!

Rainy and cold here. Colder tomorrow. Don't feel as productive today. But I know I got lots done even if it wasn't all I planned to get done. Some of it will have to be finished tomorrow no matter what. Also have another filling being done tomorrow. Wonder how many more I have to go.

Hope you all have a blessed night 🌃!
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been another productive day and we had sun! Also went to the dentist for another filling. Next appointment is Monday. Got my program ready for tomorrow's TOPS meeting. Got some more crafting done. Will work on it again tonight.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a busy day with TOPS and cleaning Mom's. Down 1 lb! My program went very well and people actually expressed that they learned something. I also shared a friend's poem about TOPS and they really enjoyed it as well. Now just trying to play catch-up with things here at home.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a very busy day. Got all my exercise but my main workout done. Had over 15,000 steps by 10 am. That never happens. Took Mom to her appointment. Stopped at McDonald's for my free med fries and 2 small hot choclates that I won. Ate the fries on the walk home as I was running late for work. Good thing I only work 2 doors down from my house. Work today was more wall washing. Called my TOPS ride to make arrangements to see her Friday to see her apartment and talk about how much I will charge her for cleaning. My standard is $25/hr but I do make exceptions. As she drives Mom and I to and from TOPS and doesn't charge us I plan to give her a discount.
  • stiggymt
    stiggymt Posts: 1,111 Member
    Good evening!

I don't mean to stay away like this. Life has been really crazy, stressful or any other adjective like that. Caring for Bernie is most of it. Since she came home from the hospital last week, I've been checking in on her multiple times a day. She's only 2 blocks away. Most of it was encouraging her to eat. 2 or 3 bites a day isn't enough. I know she likes junk food. I resorted to giving her that. Even junk food is better that nothing! I was also talking to her attorney, who is her long time friend. The stress of it all got to me. When evening came I just dropped.

Besides that, PT for Mary and I 2 times a week. The therapist, who has also treated Bernie and knows my situation, understood a lot about the stress I'm under. Small communities can be nice. The stress and changing weather has a lot to do with pain. The therapist told me I was doing the right thing.

Back to Bernie! Last night Bernie was taken to the hospital again by her attorney. She will be there for a few days, while he looks for some place to put her, like assisted living or nursing home. This will be a permanent or temporary move, depending on how she does. What a relief.

While traveling, I let several people know what was going on with Bernie. I also let the people who were going to check in on Bernie while we were gone that they didn't need to. I can rest easy now knowing she's taken care of.

• CSEGUIN2
    Hugs Bea. I am glad you're getting a well deserved rest and break. I am also glad that Bernie is getting some well needed care.

Good Evening Everyone!

Happy Thanksgiving 🦃!

Today has been a productive day. I got all workouts done before 11 am. Had to do a walk HIIT video as it was raining this morning. Not going to make my steps as my knees are bothering me today. Probably all the steps yesterday mixed with the walk video and rebound jogging. Received all 7 boxes of my food delivery. Everything is put away best as possible. So need a bigger freezer. Still have loads of dishes to catch up on but probably not till tomorrow.
  • stiggymt
    I've relaxed most of the day, even a short nap this morning. I ate way too much for out Thanksgiving dinner. But it was a nice day enjoying family.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Bea I am Glad you got a well deserved rest and nap. I don't know many people who don't over eat on holidays. I know I am guilty no matter how hard I try or plan. So happy you enjoyed the family time as well.

Good Evening Everyone!

Today was a good day but had a rough start. The dog kept me up from 3 am on. Didn't roll out of bed until 7:30. From that point on the day stayed mostly on track. On my way to meet with the lady I will be cleaning for I ran a couple errands and found a workout shirt on sale for $4 in medium. Haven't tried it on yet. Spent about 3 hours with the lady talking about the cleaning and other random things. It was a great visit. So my afternoon is a little off but nothing major. Plan to do some more crafting. As I try to get as much done as I can each day.
  • stiggymt
    Good morning (almost afternoon),

My stress is greatly reduced! The stress didn't do anything for my lower back. I'll have my next PT on Monday. Kevin (the therapist) will probably see a difference. I've been doing the home exercises. With all the stress I was under, I was making a half attempt on some days and no attempt on the rest of the days. He was very understanding. I'm more relaxed now too. The unsettled weather still affects it. I actually feel best when I'm walking, so I can keep doing that.

It's all going to be better now.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Great attitude Bea! Just remember the more you make the exercises a priority everyday the better you will feel. You've got this!

Good Evening Everyone!

Prayers for all those who need it. Got in some great walking today and before the snow started. We actually have snow on the ground! I am so happy. Played cards with Hubby and will work on my crafts tonight. Had another rough night with the dog. I don't know why all of a sudden he needs to go out in the wee hours multiple times.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

We've had snow, rain, and sun today. Walking in winter boots just sucks. But my feet are warmer. I think my puppy is just punishing us for not taking him for walks when it's to cold or to icy. He has a lot of power and hates other dogs. So just not safe. Oh well we will do our best to get him to realize the changes. Today has be pretty productive.
  • stiggymt
    We're home!
  • CSEGUIN2
    Bea I am so glad you both made it home safe and sound.

Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been great even with the slip on the ice during my walk. It's been sunny and not to cold. Finally had my last filling today. No more dentist unless there's an issue before my next cleaning. Struggled this week so not sure about the scale. But will accept whatever it is. I know it can be a little more up and down when I am so close to my goal.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening!

It feels good to be home! And without Bernie to worry about! I know she's being taken care of. She's still in the hospital. They are still looking for a place for her.

Our minister, who is an avid duck hunter, brought us a duck. So we have it a try tonight. It was ok.

Mary and I had PT this afternoon. For the first time, I exercised every day. While I was taking care of Bernie, I didn't have the energy of desire to do them. I have one more PT scheduled. The doctor said I could go a couple times and get the exercises and do them at home. I kept going because I wasn't doing the exercises. I had to go anyway because Mary was having PT. Now I'm doing the exercises, I think I can quit PT. Kevin, the therapist, agrees. Mary will still do the PT, so I'll still be going, just not doing the PT.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Bea that's such great news! Just remember when you don't want to do the exercises that they are for self care and not optional. You've got this!

Good Evening Everyone!

Today was sunny but cold. We had snow over night but it's gone now 😒. Today was rest, weigh and TOPS Day. Up 2.5 lbs 🙄. Goal this week is to get my eatting back under control and my water where it needs to be. I am still bellow 160 (barley). No plan on going back. I can do this! We can all do this! Almost forgot to tell you that program at TOPS was another exercise one aimed for the back. Well let's just say found a few moves I could use some work on.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening!

The reason I didn't do the exercises was because of exhaustion and stress. Even when I tried doing them, I felt like it was half an attempt that I didn't feel like doing. I still get tired but the stress has been taken care of.

We went to Missoula today for some shopping. Tomorrow, Mary and I have PT.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a great day. Workouts and work done. Now time to get all my check ins done so I can get to my crafting. 23 days left to get it done.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Another sunny busy day. Took Mom for blood work then we had breakfast at McDonald's. I usually get a meal but only ordered a sausage and egg McMuffin. We also went Christmas and grocery shopping. She treated me to lunch and I had a Caprese sandwich and wedges from Tim Hortons. No Pop all day! So proud of myself. On this trip normally I would have had diet pop for breakfast and lunch. Only water today. Decided that workouts will be made up tomorrow morning with my planned workouts. Legs and arms are sore from all the walking and pulling of a heavy cart into the wind.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Busy day and had snow. None of the snow stuck to the ground. Got most of my exercises done. Will catch up on them tomorrow. Didn't end up working today that has been moved to tomorrow. So instead went Christmas shopping. Most is done just have a couple family members and a few friends to still buy for. My Christmas cards for the mail is ready. Oops that's not true I forgot one. Well I will get that done in a bit. Had a diet pepsi with lunch today. I think it was more out of habit.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening!

I go to work and sniff and wheeze,
    And someone else is sure to sneeze,
    And tell me in accusing terms.
    I'm spreading all my horrid germs.

But if I stay at home in bed,
    And coddle my colossal head,
    Someone else is sure to scold,
    "You stayed out with just a cold?"

I have a cold with a stuffy nose and awful cough. I think I have bronchitis. No fever and I can taste things.

We got snow this morning. But it's mostly melted now.

I haven't been in I'm s few days. I was Loser of the Week at TOPS this week with only half a pound. One person had a small gain. Everyone else turtled. Bernie has settled in to a nursing home but thinks she'll go home in a month. This will probably be permanent for her.