Chat Room

Options

Replies

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone! Happy Football Sunday!

Damp, chilly, gloomy day. All planned exercise was completed by early afternoon. Did crafting, decluttering and laundry.
  • stiggymt
    stiggymt Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Good evening

I walked early this morning while it was still dark. Just like normal. This morning I took a beautiful picture of the moon. I showed it to several people and they were impressed. It had a ring around it. I wish I could post pictures here.

We attended church worship service and it was good. Then we ate out. Quiet afternoon at home. Robert and I started our mile walk. We walked only a block before he had to turn back. It is what it is!

Josh, Mary's son, took her to hospital to be tested. They didn't get the covid test because it's been a week since she and Hunter was exposed, which is about the same time the test results would be back. Mary was told to quarantine for a week. But Hunter can go back to school. Does that make sense? It doesn't to me.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    You're right Bea it doesn't make sense to send a kid to school but someone else has to quarantine. I am glad Robert countinues to do his best. Has he looked into doing exercises that will help with his pains?

Today is root canal day yippy. So I am checking in early as I am not sure how I will feel later. Will update my food challenge either tonight or tomorrow. All my exercise was done early as I did a walk video instead of going out in the cold rain. Will get more walking to and from dentist in the rain.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Only had half the root canal done yesterday. Dentist still has to put the filling into the root canal on Monday. Having a little discomfort randomly but nothing major unless I accidentally clank my teeth together. Today was rest, weigh and TOPS day. Down 0.25 lbs! Woohoo! No exercise today. Hoping to get some in tomorrow. At TOPS we had a clothes swap. I got several pieces of clothing and even a smaller winter coat. There are not many people smaller than me in our group so I was glad to see some items that fit.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was a great day despite the power being out for a couple hours. Did my walk in the mist this morning. All my workouts were completed before lunch and steps completed shortly after lunch. My Decluttering today was a table that has gotten out of control with stuff.
  • stiggymt
    Options
    Good afternoon

I'm here! Lately it seams like it's bedtime and I hadn't checked in here.

I walked a shorter walk than usual early this morning. Then went to TOPS and walked some more. I gained half a pound. Sigh!

I'm glad you're done with the first step of your root canal. I bet you're relieved it's over!

We have church tonight. We're watching "The Chosen". It's a good series.
  • stiggymt
    Options
    I slept in a little this morning, so I walked later. I did my regular walk in daylight. Still early but just a little later.

About an hour after my walk, my hip started hurting again. This unstable weather pattern we're in, is playing havoc on my hips. I'm counting down the days until I see the doctor at the Bone and Joint on Monday. I've had this appointment for over a month, with the rainy weather we're having now, my hips feel worse. That might be a good thing.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Bea half pound not bad. Maybe you have inflammation in your hips causing the gain. You've got this! I am definitely glad the first part of the root canal is done. If your hip is bothering you when you go to your appointment they may be able to figure out the problem faster.

Beautiful Fall day! Very busy and productive day. Despite being at Mom's longer than planned and wearing jeans all workouts got done. Passed that test. Next test is tomorrow. Rain, mom's appointment and shopping. I will get my workouts done no matter when I get home and how wet I am.
  • stiggymt
    edited October 2021
    Options
    I'm guessing the first thing they will do is take an x-ray. That will tell whether I need a hip replacement or not. Probably before I see the doctor.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Bea that makes complete sense. Normally here they like to not do things in an order that makes sense.

Good Evening Everyone!

The count down is on. Monday is the second step to complete my root canal. Raining all day. Got very wet and cold. Umbrellas are useless when windy or your hands are full LoL 😂. Mom wants to go out shopping again but it's supposed to be raining still. Depending on how much it's raining will dictate whether I am willing to go or not. Not much strength done as I did lots of carrying of heavy bags. Also my knee was bothering me. Maybe tomorrow.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was cloudy and cold with sprinkles on and off. Was busy with Mom again today. Always takes longer than planned and seem to just wear me out. Will try to get strength in tomorrow. My knee has been bothering me lately. Maybe I am just getting old lol :D
  • CSEGUIN2
    edited October 2021
    Options
    👻 HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!🎃

Today was cool and partly cloudy. I will take it over the rain. Went for my walks and did inclined push-ups oh and marching. No strength workout again due to my knee. Guess I should come up with workouts I can do that won't affect my knee when it's sore. Finished last minute touches for Halloween outside hoping to draw in the kids as our door isn't really visible. So far so good we have had 14 kids so far. I think Halloween being cancelled due to Covid helped get the kids out this year. Even a couple of the adults were dressed up.

Hope everyone has a joyful night!
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Running late as it was a very busy day between dentist and end of month errands and groceries. Knee has not been to bad which makes me happy and means maybe I can try my workouts on Thursday. My trip to the dentist was more or less uneventful. Just a touch of discomfort. Now I am feeling pressure and slight pain. Hoping I won't need to take any pain killers but have them if need be.
  • stiggymt
    Options
    I can't believe it has been a few days since I've been in.

Saturday, I was preparing for our church's Trunk or Treat. I was under prepared with enough for 101 kids.

On Halloween, we ended up with 182. Other people shared with what they had.

Now for the news you want. I wanted my cataracts removed. The optometrist said they weren't ready, but my vision, especially in my right eye isn't as good. So I get new lenses.

At the Bone and Joint, they did x-rays on my hips. My hips are good. He moved my legs in ways that should have hurt my hips. They didn't feel any worse that before. No hip replacement. Then he did x-rays on my lower back. That's the culprit. I have arthritis there and degeneration. There was also a little curvature. So PT and anti-inflammatory drug for now.

Somehow, I think the hips would have been better.
  • stiggymt
    Options
    I forgot to say.. they did do x-rays before I saw the doctor. I'm glad your dentist appointment went well.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was rest, weigh and TOPS day. Turtled 🐢. My knee is feeling better so back to strength tomorrow. My gums around the tooth are tender. Next week I get a filling fixed. Covid really did a number on my teeth. Today went way over on my calories and it would have been day 7. Oh well. Back at it tomorrow.
  • stiggymt
    Options
    Good evening!

Today has been one of those days we could do without. Malia, our granddaughter, has been borrowing our pickup to get to and from work. She call to say she hit some freezing rain and crossed a bridge sideways. Then another pickup hi ours. Thankfully, no one was hurt. Surprisingly, there isn't a lot of damage. The insurance company wants to total it, based on the age of the pickup. It's 2004. The thing is, it was in mint condition, well taken care of, low mileage and the list goes on. We're going to fight the insurance company.

I took Mary to PT this afternoon and they happened to have a cancellation, so he worked me in.
  • stiggymt
    Options
    CSEGUIN2 wrote: »
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was rest, weigh and TOPS day. Turtled 🐢. My knee is feeling better so back to strength tomorrow. My gums around the tooth are tender. Next week I get a filling fixed. Covid really did a number on my teeth. Today went way over on my calories and it would have been day 7. Oh well. Back at it tomorrow.

We all have bd eating days! Tomorrow is a new day!
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Bea I am glad no one was hurt. I hope that the insurance company works with you more. I am glad you got some well needed PT.

Today was a great day! Lots accomplished. All workouts planned were completed. Have decided not to do squats yet even though I do enjoy the feel of doing them. Also did some decluttering, dishes, and groceries for Mom and I. Will take hers to her tomorrow when I see her.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was productive for exercise but not house work oh well. My exercise on busy days is more important than house work. Tomorrow I will have time for both. Took Mom to her appointment and it went really well. Got some stuff I need for making some Christmas presents. Mom expressed after seeing my hat that it would work for what she wants. Just not as frilly. So I am planning to make her a hat as well in her favorite color.