Chat Room

Options

Replies

• stiggymt
    stiggymt Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I do read your posts here. I admire you for taking care of your mother. You'll never regret this time you're spending with her.
  • stiggymt
    Options
    I forgot to mention, I lost a half pound this week at TOPS.
  • stiggymt
    Options
    For a temporary fix for a tooth ache, try about 6 whole cloves and put it next to the tooth that is aching, between cheek and tooth. My granddaughter couldn't tolerate the taste. The cloves has a numbing effect. Leave it in your mouth for half hour or so. Repeat as needed. But you need to see a dentist to get it fixed.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    stiggymt wrote: »
    I know what you mean about conversation here. I've been guilty also about not getting in. Here it is Thursday already. I might have to change my time to come in here. It seams like evenings aren't good for me.

I still walk most mornings. It seems to be the time I'm at my best. I feel best and nothing gets in my way to stop me. At least until winter sets in. I usually plan any surgery I need in the winter.

That's why I called the Bone and Joint this week. My hips, especially my left hip, has been bothering me. It feels good once I'm up and moving. But Everytime I get out of sa chair, I have to be careful how I move for a few steps. At night, I slept on one side for awhile, then the other side. I have to keep switching throughout the night. At last resort, I sleep on my back with a pillow under my knees. That's what I do to relieve the pain. We'll see what the doctor says. My appointment is on November 1. I need to start some exercises to strengthen my hips, in preparation for a possible hip replacement. Better to be prepared!

On Fitbit, it challenges you to get 250 steps per hour for 12 hours. I have mine set for 7 AM to 7 PM. It sounds easy. Fitbit even gives a reminder 10 minutes before the hour to help. It's easy to miss or get distracted. To do 250 steps, it takes less than 3 minutes, so it's not difficult to do. I'm on my longest streak. Tomorrow will be 5 weeks. It's harder than it sounds.

I find I have more time at night for the group's as that is my sitting in front of the tv time. It never hurts to strengthen our bodies. Keep up the great job!
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    I forgot to mention, I lost a half pound this week at TOPS.

Congrats!
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    For a temporary fix for a tooth ache, try about 6 whole cloves and put it next to the tooth that is aching, between cheek and tooth. My granddaughter couldn't tolerate the taste. The cloves has a numbing effect. Leave it in your mouth for half hour or so. Repeat as needed. But you need to see a dentist to get it fixed.

Thanks for the suggestion. I was at the dentist on Monday. Need root canal and fillings. Dentist is going out of town and won't be back till the 25th which is my appointment.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today the pain has been more manageable. But have had a dull headache all day. Tried going to the clinic but there was no doctors in. Made some banana chocolate chip muffins. Used Splenda, and apple sauce.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Last night the pain was awful until about 3:30 am. Finally got to sleep, alarm went off at 6 am turned it off and slept till 9 am. Have been in a fog all day. But did get most of my exercise done. Hoping tonight goes better as I am celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow with my family and need the energy.
  • stiggymt
    Options
    CSEGUIN2 wrote: »
    Good Evening Everyone!

Last night the pain was awful until about 3:30 am. Finally got to sleep, alarm went off at 6 am turned it off and slept till 9 am. Have been in a fog all day. But did get most of my exercise done. Hoping tonight goes better as I am celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow with my family and need the energy.

It's probably good that you turned off the alarm and went back to sleep. You needed the rest! Last Sunday when I slept in, I was in a fog too.
  • stiggymt
    Options
    CSEGUIN2 wrote: »

Thanks for the suggestion. I was at the dentist on Monday. Need root canal and fillings. Dentist is going out of town and won't be back till the 25th which is my appointment.

Were you able to get some antibiotics? That would help a lot until the 25th.
  • stiggymt
    Options
    Not much going on right now. I still walk early morning. I'll probably keep walking early until the end of this month. Then I'll start walking around 9ish.

We might get our first snow on Monday or Tuesday. Might be rain though. Weather is changing.
  • stiggymt
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving Day to you Connie!
  • stiggymt
    Options
    I slept in a little later than I like, but I still walked as soon as I was dresses and breakfast in hand. It was 35 degrees F. this morning when I started walking. Tomorrow is supposed to be even colder. But it'll be warmer on Wednesday and the rest of the week.

I washed my 2 summer weight blankets this morning. I had to take them to the laundromat because they were too bulky for y washing machine. Luck was on my side! I used the big front loading machine. It normally uses 16 quarters. I loaded the blankets, added laundry detergent, closed the door and got my quarters out of my pocket. The machine said I needed 7 quarters. I added the 7 quarters and the machine started up. Hmmm! I let it run through the cycle and just as it was finishing, someone came in to use it. She had to pay the full 16 quarters. I'm not sure what happened.

I hung them up on the line and I just brought them in a few minutes ago. I couldn't tell if the were just cold or still a little damp. So for tonight, I'll have them spread out on top of chairs.

We had a chance of snow today. It didn't even rain. No new snow in the mountains either.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving Day to you Connie!

Thank you!
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone and Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadians!

Missed yesterday due to spend it with family. Got all my post caught up. My kitchen looks like a tornado went trough it. Yesterday my dog decided to find our resident skunk while I was getting ready to to leave yesterday. Mind you this was an hour before I had to leave. So of course he needed a tomato bath. Today mowed 2 properties and have been walking dog now that don't want to have to bath him every day. More steps for me. Oh yeah slept through the night last night with no pain. Hoping it stays that way as I don't have time to go to the clinic this week. Looking forward to my root canal on the 25th.
  • CSEGUIN2
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

So did not get as lucky this morning for my tooth. Woke me up at 1am then must have fallen back to sleep because I woke again at 2am in major pain. Pain did not subside untill around 11am. Gain 2.5lbs this week. Need to get back to my routine. Anyway after I got home from TOPS I went to the clinic. My tooth is infected 🙄. Got antibiotics and T3s. So glad I made it to the clinic. Now just a matter of time for the antibiotics to work and the pain to be gone for good. Well at least till the 25th.
  • CSEGUIN2
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was a great day! Very productive day! Lots done. Only missed my strength workout. But knew that was possible with everything else that needed to get done. Had a great night sleep with the meds I am on for my teeth.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Busy day with Mom. Lots of walking. Tomorrow will be another busy day with Mom.
  • stiggymt
    Options
    Well, I gained a pound at TOPS on Wednesday. That was frustrating! On Tuesday and Thursday, weight was good. But on Wednesday, it was up. Wednesday was what I call a "fat day". I know it was just a fluctuation, but why on a TOPS day?

I'm still walking every morning, usually in the dark. There is still bear in town, I see their evidence, but haven't seen any for several weeks. They scatter garbage and leave poop behind. Yesterday, there was a big pile of poop in front of the door to it grocery store. lol I'm glad I didn't have to clean it up.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Well, I gained a pound at TOPS on Wednesday. That was frustrating! On Tuesday and Thursday, weight was good. But on Wednesday, it was up. Wednesday was what I call a "fat day". I know it was just a fluctuation, but why on a TOPS day?

I'm still walking every morning, usually in the dark. There is still bear in town, I see their evidence, but haven't seen any for several weeks. They scatter garbage and leave poop behind. Yesterday, there was a big pile of poop in front of the door to it grocery store. lol I'm glad I didn't have to clean it up.

It's always frustrating with a gain on TOPS day. We can do this!

Stay safe with those Bears wandering around. Any snow yet? I know my Aunt in Billings got snow. Not sure how far that is from you.