Chat Cafe

Options

Replies

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 9,824 Member
    Options
    Today is a much better day for me. Going to the birthday party forced me to be more outgoing and to think about others which was what I needed. My husband and I were laughing about yesterday this morning. It did not seem so funny at the time yesterday but now I see how inward focused it was and how God answered by blessing me with friends who care. Thank-you Judith for your encouragement.

Our bible study was canceled today because the leader has co-vid. At the marriage retreat, one person was not aware that they were positive while attending and now I have heard that 21 people who were there have gotten a positive test. Most are not very sick but still very tired and achy. I was hoping the virus had gotten less but obviously it still has a big hold in our area.
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 7,533 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All, 🌅

Linda I am happy to hear the Birthday 🎉 went so well and it lifted you and your husband's spirit up, that is wonderful, Praise God....

So sorry the leader of your Bible Study has Covid and the Study was cancelled. 📖

This virus is such a difficult disease to get control of. One thing we know it getting the vaccines 💉 do help but we still need to be careful especially when the cases are high and we see many cases rising in our communities.

I am so sorry about those who have tested positive in having Covid who were at the marriage retreat. 21 precious lives being affected by such a terrible disease. Thankfully most are not seriously ill. My prayers are with them and praying for safety and protection around you all in your community.

Here in BC our cases are rising with seeing high numbers being treated in hospital 🏨and in the ICU. Several deaths have been recorded. Several of our Hospital OR rooms have been closed due to not enough Doctors and Nurses to care for their patients.

At this point I don't know how it will affect my surgery. Would appreciate everyones prayers. I will keep you all in the loop of what happens next...

Hope you all have a Blessed Wednesday...Stay Safe and Well.... God Bless you all..😊🙏
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Yes, the cases of co-vid are up in our state too. The govenor said yesterday that there is 1 case for every 50 people. In the whole state there is a shortage of empty beds in the hospitals. Some are full so they have to send patients to different hospitals sometimes out of the city that may have a bed for them. Judith, I will pray that the hospital bed will be available for you when your have your surgery.

It has been 2 years since my husband's father passed away. It does not seem like it has been that long. My mother-in-law is doing OK but is definitely having problems with her memory. She also does not eat well and had been loosing weight. Today my sister-in-law took her to the cemetary to put yellow flowers on the gravesite. (He loved the color yellow.) They brightened up the gravestone since most of the grass has been frosted and it is getting brown.
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone, 🌅

Hope this day finds you all well and having a good day...

I hear what you are saying, 2 years can seem like yesterday when we lose a loved one. Thank you for sharing Linda, I pray putting the pretty flowers on the grave site brought comfort to your mother in law and sister in law.

I am so sorry about the weight loss, not eating properly and the memory issues with your Mother in law.. Its hard loosing a spouse after so many years of marriage, it does affect their whole life. I will keep her and the family in prayer. I saw similiar things happen to my Grandma who was married 65+ years when my Grandpa passed and soon after starting not eating properly and having memory issues, Doctor said the dementia was caused from the shock of being left on her own after a lifetime of never being a part. Her interest in life in general was never the same after he died.

Yes Linda, I too hope things are settled down by the time I have surgery. The other area that is holding up things is, I have to wait until I see the Cardiologist in 2 weeks for test results of Echocardiogram and see what procedures he recommends to right the issues that are going on. So with that and beds being full due to Covid and Operating Room closures there are many variables that are preventing my surgery from going forward. All I can do is leave it in God's Hands.

Hope your Thursday is blessed....❤️🙏
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    I love the old sayings that my grandparents and my parents used to say. Some do not mean much when taken at face value but when you know the history behind the words it is easier to understand. One saying was "getting caught red handed". It meant you were caught commiting a crime or missdeed but today it means that I have been working with beets. We brought what was left of our crop at the other house after we had given some away so today I am cooking and peeling (actually the skins just slip off after cooking) and eating some tonight and some later. The crop was not very big!

I like the new game talking about words that sound alike but are different. That is the way the English language is and makes it hard to learn by non-English speakers. It is a little like the old sayings I was talking about earlier.

My daughter was offered a new job today. It is such a relief what she does not have to work where she was required to do things that were against her moral beliefs. This is an old job that she quit because she was overwhelmed trying to go to school, have a full time job and take care of her family. Now that she has graduated, this job is really good for her. She knows the people well and she loves to work with developmentally disabled people.
  • 316Judith
    edited November 2021
    Options
    ║║╔║║╔╗ ║ Let’s Keep
    ╠╣╠║║║║ ║ Pushing On Together 👏
    ║║╚╚╚╚╝
    Thank you Team for your Friendship and Support...
    And also Wanted to Wish you All a Blessed Friday and Weekend ahead.. 😊

Linda, thank you for sharing your memories of the "old sayings" your grandparents and parents would say, its amazing how these terms we grew up with stay with us even after many years later...I have found myself saying some of the old sayings my Grandma would say....

Happy you are enjoying the new word game, it is one I played on Spark...

Congratulations to your Daughter on her New Job Opportunity...I wish her God's Best...

Reading about your Beet crop made my mouth water, Beets were always one of my favorites, cooked and melted butter spread all over them yum yum , also have loved Pickled Beets...Yes, this gal loves Beets...😋😋
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,507 Member
    Options
    Feeling so blessed - our rescue dogs are adjusting so well but of course it does take time - sometimes during the day we can see in their face that they are not sure where they are going to go - Norm took them for a car ride yesterday which they seemed to enjoy but you could tell that they were wondering if they were going to go somewhere else to live. They just had a good time out the back yard with hubby while he raked up some leaves. And they sure tell us when they are hungry.

We are going through some challenging times with our finances - but with the Lord's help this will soon settle down.
    Am waiting for a call from the bank to explain an issue we have been having.

Linda you were mentioning about the young fellow at church being baptized. Oh how I love being there when that happens. Back in August we had 19 people baptized on the same day. We have a river close to our church so after the church service everyone crossed the street and walked down to the river where there is a nice beach and watched each of these 19 get baptized in the river - it is amazing seeing it in a river rather than a baptizmal tank - something about the river and Jesus being there - was very moving seeing them being lowered and coming back up. The church we are now attending does a lot of the baptisms during the summer to make use of the river and in the winter will do inside. Over the past number of years we are seeing anywhere from 15 - 25 accepting Christs as their Savior and being baptized - it is amazing how the Lord is working in our city.

My official weigh in is on Tuesday and looking at my scale I am down another 1.7 since then - but am not recording it till Tuesday as that is when I have someone else weigh and record it for me. Holds me more accountable.

Well the dogs have been fed, hubby is making lunch and said it would be ready shortly. So I need to get off the computer

Take care - I am praying for all of you

- Marilyn
    -
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Marilyn - I am so happy the dogs are getting settled in and especially that they lay with Priscilla as she goes to sleep. We have thought about getting a little dog but as much traveling that we do it would not work out well. If we took it back to Denver where my daughter has two huge dogs who play rough, it would not be fair to a little dog to be hurt or scared. When we finally settle down at our retirement home maybe we will decide to get a mature dog from a rescue.

We had new friends come over last night to talk about some concerns they had about the church they left. It is so sad that things are said that hurt so badly in God's church. We are all human and have human sins that get in the way of loving people. Last night we just listened to them share. Hopefully we can help them forgive although it is definately hard in their case.

Judith - I am praying that your weight gets back up to 100 at some point. You are so close. For those of us who gain easily, I would love to share some of my weight with you. Unfortunately, our bodies are all unique and we all have individual struggles. Thanks for sharing the delicious recipies. I plan on using the one you put up today soon as I get the ingredients. We loved discovering Greek food when we were in Greece a few years ago.
  • JC_Willow
    JC_Willow Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Thanks for the new game, Judith! It's not as hard on the eyes as changing the letters. I have to zoom my screen for those but its still good for the mind! :)
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    We are finishing winterizing the garden today. My husband is pulling out all the tomato plants, digging potatoes and I need to work on the rest of the beets and carrots. The green tomatoes that we have on a table in the study are gradually turning red. They do not taste as good as ripe off the vine but they are still good. We are very grateful for our garden produce this year.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,507 Member
    Options
    Here it is the first weekend of November - can you believe how close it is to the end of the year?

Bella and Toby had a good workout this morning. After breakfast Norm took them for a walk - a bit longer than usual. And then we had our breakfast, then he took them out in the back yard as he cleaned up some leaves. When they came in they were looking like they really wanted to have their morning nap - but our daughter, her husband, and one of your boys (age 14) arrived. So the dogs got lots of belly rubs, tail scratches and playing. We decided today that they would not get lunch as yesterday when supper came they didn't want to eat. Did they mind? Not at all - we got our lunch ready, look for the dogs thinking they would be coming to beg for our food - but they had both gone to their beds and are sleeping - really tired them out this morning - was good for them. We all agreed though that we need to get both of them to the groomer, especially Toby as he is scratching and he smells not to good - so we will be looking at getting the groomer to do him in the next week or so (need to put the money together for it) and then will have Bella done a little later as she doesnt smell as bad but does need to be groomed.

Need to work on my Rooted course from the Church have 3 days of lessons to complete by Tuesday night when we meet with our life group to share. Think Norm has done todays already but I need to get mind done - slacking a bit today as I usually have it all done before 10 am.

Life is good, some situations that we are going through are difficult, but we have an awesome God who is in control and is with us at all times. Thank You Lord for loving me so much.

- Marilyn
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 4,667 Member
    Options
    Marilyn, isn't it wonderful to have the Lord in your life? No matter what, He is in control. I hear you about having difficulties and am so glad your faith helps in such testing times. I love what you are doing with your rescue dogs.

Linda, I laughed when I read about you being caught red handed with beets!

Judith, JC, I must check out the new game.

Judith, thank you for messaging me. I am still unwell.

I'm sorry to you all for not remembering to check in each day. Will be doing better with checking in from now on.
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Evening hello Friends, good reading all your posts, thanks for sharing, tonight at my bedtime we change our clocks, back 1 hour, here we are again with adjusting to another time change, Fall back, Spring forward, that is how I remember...Anyway besides this Time change I have another change at hand: this one is emotionally hard: my dear friend who is more family as we have been in each others lives watching our children grow up get married have children of their own having grandkids too, over 30 years of being in each others lives: Sheila came into my life when my kids were 11 years and 15 years when I moved West, her kids were just young adults beginning life at 20... Sheila attended my kids weddings, baby showers, her 1 son was married but I watched him have childrem, their kids go on school mission trips...and saw youngest son get married and go thru all the cycles, over 30 years of seeing all these life changes; my dear sister and friend has been admitted into hospice with just days to live....I know she will be better off with Jesus in Glory than here on earth, no more pain or sickness, but its so hard, somehow I will have to get thru this...Love you all, God Bless your Sunday coming. ❤️🙏
  • 316Judith
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Good Morning Friends, good reading all your posts, thanks for sharing, tonight at my bedtime we change our clocks, back 1 hour, here we are again with adjusting to another time change, Fall back, Spring forward, that is how I remember...

Anyway besides this Time change I have another change at hand: this one is emotionally hard: my dear friend who is more family as we have been in each others lives watching our children grow up get married have children of their own having grandkids too, over 30 years of being in each others lives:

Sheila came into my life when my kids were 11 years and 15 years when I moved West, her kids were just young adults beginning life at 20...

Sheila attended my kids weddings, baby showers, her 1 son was married but I watched him have childrem, their kids go on school mission trips...and saw youngest son get married and go thru all the cycles, over 30 years of seeing all these life changes;

My dear sister and friend has been admitted into hospice with just days to live....I know she will be better off with Jesus in Glory than here on earth, no more pain or sickness, but its so hard, somehow I will have to get thru this...Love you all, God Bless your Sunday coming. ❤️🙏
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Judith: I am sorry about your emotional pain you are feeling about Sheila's decline. It sounds like you have a lot of history and great memories through the 30 years. I tried your Greek quiche tonight making a few changes with what I had to work with. It was delicious!

I enjoyed having an "extra" hour this morning. Actually it is just an mind game with me because there is no extra time added to my day. When I worked nights, we did not get an extra hour of pay because they said we would probably work when we "lost" an hour so it evened itself out. It did not seem quite right but I did not argue.

• LosinSusin
    Options
    Judith, you have my heartfelt sympathy and prayers for comfort and strength. How hard to see someone you love so much in that position. I'm glad you can be with her right now. Praying for Sheila and her family too, dear friend 🙏💖
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Linda, yes, it does sound a little fishy about the non recognition of your extra work hour? Sorry that happened and glad it isn't part of your 'now'.

Mo plans for today other than rest and recovery.

Take care, all. Xx
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Thank you Linda and Susan for sharing and for your love care and kindness, I feel better this morning, as always your prayers are always welcomed and appreciated...💖🙏

Good Morning, 🌅

•*¨) ✫ ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.✫
    Dropping by to Spread Some Sunshine ☀️ and Say Hi... 👋
    ¸.•*¨) ✫ ¸.•*¨)✫
    (¸.•´ .•´ (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.✫
    And Wish you a Blessed Day and Week ahead...
    ¸.•*¨) ✫ ¸.•*¨)✫
    And say Thank you for your support and friendship....
    ¸.•*¨) ✫ ¸.•*¨)✫
    Be Safe and Well, God Bless you all... 😊
    ¸.•*¨) ✫ ¸.•*¨)✫
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    We helped a friend move some of her belonging to her house that was in storage. It was good exercise although I tried to not lift too much. She was so grateful for the help which did not seem like very much to me. She is going to teach me Excel so I can start putting my banking in this program. I have a program that I liked but after the free year, they were going to charge me more than I wanted to pay. Since Excel is free on my computer, if I can understand it, I will be using it.
    Susan - I hope your feel better soon. It seems you have been sick for a long time.
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Today was dark clouds most of the day and then it started raining about 8 tonight. That was the time we planned to go grocery shopping. Yes, it may seem odd to go at that time but we were busy all day and we need to take the groceries to my mother-in-law tomorrow. We do not mind doing things later in the day because most people are home so the store is not crowded. We sloshed through the puddles as the rain pelted us and soaked us but I saw it as a fun activity. At least my husband and I were able to spend some time together and accompish the shopping at the same time. :D