Chat Cafe

Options

Replies

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 9,837 Member
    Options
    Amen Judith! There are so many things to be thankful for in our lives. Some we do not realize but take for granted. Today I am so grateful for this team and all the members. I get so much encouragement and love from all of you. Jesus is the reason for my gratefulness. Following his example of unconditional love for others is a high calling. I pray that I can be more like Him every day as he lavishes blessings on me without me deserving any of them. πŸ’–πŸ¦ƒπŸ₯—πŸ₯§
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    We had a nice small family thanksgiving yesterday. Today we are going down to see my grandson and celebrate his 13th birthday. He is at the age he wants gift cards so he can pick out what he wants. I will also take a small gift, some homeade bread and an apple pie for him. Next to gift cards, food comes in highly on his wish list. 😁
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 4,704 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. It seems most of MFPs program bugs are worked out now so I can access the forum again. We'll see how long it lasts this time.

Linda, gut health is a big factor in how we feel so I am glad they prescribed probiotics for your husband. I hope he starts to feel better soon. I am taking them too after several rounds of antibiotics. That's great about your leg treatments being finished!

Judith, I had no idea about the flooding, mudslides and supply issues you are facing. How sad that five lost their lives. I do hope life will gradually return to normal over the coming weeks. Sorry your surgery is delayed and am praying an opening will come soon. Glad you had Thanksgiving celebrations with your family. Previous times.

Marilyn thank you for your encouragement.

I've had an almost sleepless night for some reason complete with bad dreams when I did sleep. On the plus side my breathing issues are getting better. Hubby has had a lot of back pain due to further deterioration in his spine so he has had restless nights too. The only one sleeping well lately is our dog!

The Lord bless and keep you all.
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Today we got out the Christmas decorations and tree. It will take a little time to move furnature around before we start. I know the dog will not be happy with changing the furnature since she likes to look out of the window at the street but the tree wiill be in the way now. She does not do well with change - come to think of it, I do not either but at least I can mentally understand what is happening. This may be a several day job as I see it.

It is supposed to warm up the first of the week and I want to get my bedspread washed so I can hang it outside. I love the smell of laundry when it has been warmed by the sun and the wind has put freshness in it. It reminds me of growing up and my Mom hanging jeans out in really cold weather and they froze before they dried. She would have to bring them inside and dry on the old heater we had to heat the house. Monday I should not have any problems with them freezing!
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    The tree trimming did not go as well as we thought. When we got it up, about 1/2 of the lights were not working. We tried to see if the fuses needed to be changed but it didnot help. We may need to go out and get another one. Unexpected costs come with the territory. 😊
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Linda, I hope your decorating goes smoothly after this glitch and the dog is intrigued instead of stressed!

We dug into our Christmas boxes and decorated a little this week. We aren't putting a tree up as we will be traveling at Christmas, Lord willing. I will have to decorate the caravan!!
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    We went to the store and bought more lights to string on the tree instead of buying a tree and will wait until the after Christmas sales to look for another tree. It is now decorated but we still need to put up the wreath on the door and put things on the mantle. We are going back to our other house on the December 11th where we will decorate it also. It is a much smaller house so it will not be much to do.

This morning I traumatized the younger dog. She was being so good at not jumping up so as I was holding up my bedspread to take to the washing machine as I leaned over the baby gate to pet her and tell her how good she was and the gate fell down. She was under the gate for a little bit of time before I could get myself up and gather the bedspread to get her out. She did not yelp but did act very quiet for a while. She would flatten herself against the floor and wag her tail when I looked at her. She seems to be fine now but I feel really badly that it happened.

I did get my bedspread washed and now it is hanging outside to dry. It will be a nice fresh smell on it as I pull it up to get warm tonight.
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Oh Linda your poor little pup! I'm glad you and she were alright. It would have been a shock to you both. I'm glad you were not hurt. Sounds like your decorating is going well.

I had my yearly cataract exam and everything is fine. I can now see the optometrist to get updated prescription lenses.

We are concentrating on getting ready to leave on our road trip in mid December.
    I think I have all the Christmas shopping done. I still need to get my cards in the mail though.
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 7,589 Member
    Options
    Thank you Linda and Susan for sharing.

So sorry your sleeping has been a problem and Colin's back is causing so much pain. My prayers are with you both and that sleeping will be restored and Colin's back is less painful...you memtioned you weren't putting up a tree at the house as you are travelling over Christmas, decorating your caravan sounds fun, enjoy my friend, take care and God Bless....πŸ€—πŸ™

Linda, you have had quite a time with your decorating, happy you got new set of lights and can wait now until they go on sale after Christmas. So sorry about the mishap with the gate and your dog being under it, thankful he was not hurt. You said you are in Denver at Christmas and will be decorating again, sounds so fun, decorating 2 homes for Christmas! Blessings my friend...take care and stay safe.πŸ€—πŸ™

Been away couple of days, just not feelingwell and our weather is so chaotic with heavy rain and flooding. Difficult days here!

oj7sldyonsvd.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Judith, we are having floods here too! I hope you will be safe there. Even though we live within a block or two of Caboolture River now, the banks are high and we should be safe. β›ˆοΈβ˜”πŸžοΈ
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    I had a very fun lunch today with my Bible study group. About once a quarter we get together face to face so we can have lots of time to talk. We did have to wear our masks in the restaurant until we started eating so at first we just saw eyes but after that we were able to freely talk. All of us have had cov-vid or are vaccinated but of course that is not a sure thing that we will not get co-vid again. Our minister is recovering from it for the second time and he had all his shots. His father died from co-vid and he has had a heart attack so he is always careful about not being exposed but sometimes it is impossible to stay away from people who are not realizing they are sick.
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Susan, praying for your safety! Please be careful. Hope the floods don’t do to much damage and will be brought under control.

Thank you for sharing Linda, we are living in such difficult times with all the weather changes and Covid. Please stay safe and well!

Have a Blessed first day of December! πŸ™β€οΈ
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    It is a new month and the end of a year. I was reading an article by someone who is a minimalist (one who has decluttered until they only have a minimal belongings) who said "Your home should be the antidote to stress, not the source of it. (Peter Walsh) I find that to be so true. When I look at all the things we have and will have to go through when we sell this house, I am already stressed. Now is the time to get rid of all the excess "junk" that I have so when we sell the house in the next few years it will not be as stressful and living here in the present will be easier. I am making a pile of things to donate to those who do not have enough. Our church just had a request for warm clothing for the homeless so I was able to clean out my closet of unused coats. Even that small amount of cleaning the closet and donating made me feel more calm and and I hope those who recieved the coats also recieved blessings.
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    That's a lovely thing to do, Linda. Yes, the restrictions and virus are impacting us all.

Judith, the floods are subsiding, thankfully. We are going to have more rain but it has lessened. Now the humidity starts. Lol! I hope you are alright

Was praying for you both today ,,
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Good Morning Team,

Linda, thank you for sharing. I am sure the people who received the warm coats are so appreciative. I too have been doing the same thing with clearing out cupboards/closets the things that are not needed. We have a organization that will pick up monthly right at your door for clothing, small appliances/household items and will distribute it to those who are in need. Yes I agree, it does make you feel better..

Susan, so happy your floods are subsiding, you mentioned about the high humidity starting next, are you starting a warmer season? For us we are at end of Autumn heading into Winter Season so it’s both damp and cold. However the floods we’ve had have been out of the norm never seen such devastation as we have seen this year.

Thank you for asking after me and your prayers, I’m taking it one day at a time with some days being better than others!

Hope you all have a blessed Thursday. Keep up the great work!

7hqmkl0jnnmf.jpeg
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    As I was walking today I went past a free community library. I don't know if you have them but people build little houses and put books in there that anyone can borrow. Anyone is also free to put books of their own in there. No one is help accountable for returning the books - it is on the honor system. The book I got was suggested to me by a friend. It is called "Girl, wash your face". It is based on "Stop believing the lies about who you are so you can become who you were meant to be". It covers lies that we tell our selves like "I'm not good enough", "I should be further along by now", "I will never get past this", I am defined by my weight", etc. The introduction says she is a Christian so I hope she does bring God into the equation also. We do not have to prove ourselves to Him.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,509 Member
    Options
    Doing better - had about a week of intense pain in feet - not sure if it was due to then being cold, or arthritus or that my back was acting up - but spend just about a week sitting with a heating pad and taking pain meds as they hurt so bad - better today thankfully.

The devastation here in British Columbia Canada - I know Judith understands as she is living in it too. The town of Merritt BC (over 7000 population) were evacuated during the summer due to wildfires and now have been evacutated because of flooding. Makes me cry when I think of them. Have talked with many and they say they have lost everything - that the water got high enough to fill their basement and come up to the main floor of the house - and it is all sewar water flowing down the centre of the city. Many have told us that even once the water is gone, even if they pull out all the contents and the walls that the land is not looking good as the 'grass' is covered with sewar on most properties so they are not sure how they can fix that - so sad as many of them have lost everything in their homes - and all the businesses there are shut down - I know God is in control but it is hard to look at this type of devastation and not wonder why. My prayer is people would open their ears and listen - we all need to change, we are all causing so much damage to planet earth - if we all just took a bit of control things maybe could turn around. And they are telling us it is only going to get worse as with all the wildfires there are not the trees to hold up the earth from not causing these mudslides and landslides again -

We are getting food into the city but all stores have a limit on what you can purchase as people are still trying to hoard - but we will get through this - makes me glad to know that I was taught how to make food stretch a long way - guess that is one good thing about being over 70 years old.

We don't have any turkeys - actually we do have a few in town but the price has doubled - so we are looking at what else we can serve for Christmas dinner - going to be a different Christmas for sure for a lot of us - thankfully we started years ago with going back to basics so the kids and grandkids have come to know that Christmas is not about getting the biggest and most pricey present but rather something simple and useful perferrably hand made. We have always told them that the day was to celebrate the birth of Christ enjoying a meal with the family not about what present you got.

Praying for all of you - have a great weekend
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Marilyn I am glad you feel are feeling better. I agree with you that memories are much more important than fancy Christmas presents that break or are discarded when the children get bored of them.

I walked to the doctor's office this morning to have some blood work done before an appointment next week. I especially wanted to walk to make sure my fasting blood sugar was good. As she was drawing my blood, I asked her what the doctor had ordered tested. She named off three things but did not mention an A1C which I was most concerned about. (For those who do not know an A1C is a test for the average blood sugar level over a 3 month period.) I can starve myself and exercise a lot the morning of a fasting blood sugar so it is "normal" but you can not fool the 3 month test. I did not question her about why he did not order it since the doctor said he would the last appointment I had with him. I am feeling a little guilty that I did not ask but at the same time a little relieved that he forgot to order it. 😊 I could still be asked to come back again so I am not entirely free of having this test done.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,509 Member
    Options
    x8wc6fmj34p3.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    The dog trainer came today for a second visit to help our dogs behave better. He was talking about watching their body language to see what they are feeling. The dogs do not have concrete thoughts as we do but are very visual and watch for our body language too. He gave us a lot of things to think about. It is also true with people that we can learn a lot about them by watching their body language. When my husband and I do marriage counseling, my husband does most of the talking and I observe how the couple reacts to each other and what he is saying. I guess we are not so different from dogs after all. ☺