Chat Cafe

Options

Replies

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 9,854 Member
    Options
    Susan, that is very interesting how the cattle are transported in Australia. We can only have one pull behind trailer for cattle since there are so many roads that are in the mountains and they are too steep to pull more than one trailer.

I am getting ready for my daughter and family to come here for Christmas tomorrow. We went to do last minute shopping today and I am finishing the last of the star cinnamon rolls to give out. We will deliver 4 tomorrow.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,515 Member
    Options
    ks9r5ptl5jur.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 4,718 Member
    Options
    It's getting close now, Judith. Praying for you! 🙏

Have been enjoying family time these last two days. 🤗🎄It happens so infrequently, these are precious times.
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    My daughter and family made safely over the mountain last night. They got in really late because they could not leave until 6pm after our son-in-law got off work. We stayed up really late talking so I am tired this morning.

Susan, I am glad that you are with family now. Even though we are not with all our family, it is so special to spend the holiday time together.
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 7,625 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Good Morning Team

Thank you for sharing, Linda, so happy your daughter and family made it safely over the mountains, Praise God! Susan, So happy you are enjoying being with your family last couple of days!

Blessings all enjoy your day! God Bless

wa10wl1amazk.jpeg
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    plzg7brpjz3e.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Thank you, Linda and Judith. It is a precious time!

Linda, glad your daughter and family are safe.

Judith, you have a blessed day too.

Marilyn, we have an awesome God!
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone,

It's Christmas Eve-Day here in BC, a chilly but lovely day in the Lord.... I am enjoying sitting amongst my Christmas decorations, lights shining brightly on my Tree and in my Christmas Village, gifts wrapped and ready to give and open spread around the tree.

Wishing you all a Blessed Christmas with your Families and Friends.

More importantly, Let's Celebrate the Birthday of our King, Jesus, our Lord and Savior! God Bless you all...

...................... o Wishing you
    ...................... oo ``*•.¸¸.•*´
    ......................ooo The Blessings of
    .....................oooo ``*•.¸¸.•*´
    ....................ooooo Joy, Love, Peace
    ...................oooooo and Happiness!
    ..................ooooooo ``*•.¸¸.•*´
    ................ooooooooo Thank You for the
    ...............oooooooooo gift of Friendship!
    ........................0 ``*•.¸¸.•*´``*•.¸¸.•*´
    .......((¸..Merry Christmas´¨¨)) -:¦:- God Bless you all...
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Starting last night we have had a mixture of rain and snow for the day. We went shopping and the main roads are slushy buut the side streets are slippery. Our truck was sliding when we went around corners. I was glad my husband is experienced in snow and does not mind driving. We have only had a few inches but the report is for the snow to continue on and off for the rest of the day. We will definately have a white Christmas. My shoes that I bought in the Summer that have a ventilation section on the top of the toes were wonderful to keep my feet cool but are not appreciated during the snow and slush. My shoes let in lots of water so my socks were soaked when I got home. I am so glad for the moisture that I will not complain other than my feet were cold.

We have started getting food ready for tomorrow so we will not be so rushed doing the meal tomorrow. We are having my M-I-L over to eat so we will have 7 people around our table. I am looking forward to getting together and then after we eat we will zoom with the rest of the family who can not make it. My M-I-L loves to see all the faces expecially the little ones. She does not say much but has a huge smile on her face just watching everyone.
  • LosinSusin
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Christmas is here an the other side of the world! We've had presents and the littles have had a swim. The adults are good humourdly stepping on each other in the kitchen while we all prepare a dish or two. Christmas lunch will be served at 2pm.

It's a beautiful day, a bit too hot, but we're enjoying the air conditioning.

I'm grateful for the celebration of the birth of our Lord and Saviour. One little granddaughter asked whose birthday it was, and I told her about the baby Jesus.

Thank you, dear Lord, and thank you all for your friendship and support in 2021
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Good Morning

Merry Christmas and God's Blessings as you Celebrate the Birthday of our King, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior!

May your day be blessed as you gather with Family and Friends!

This morning I woke to fresh snowfall, its still snowing out; a beautiful site of fresh snow falling, my evergreen trees are filled with snow on the branches with peaks of green boughs on their tips...

Today I am FaceTiming with Family: my dear daughter took ill 3 days ago and is now in self isolation for 3 days while waiting on her Covid test results: she is quite ill. Because of her being so ill and with possible Covid all their family Christmas activities with having family to their place was cancelled. We open our gifts via FaceTime video. Thank you for praying for my daughter!

Take care, stay safe and well. Enjoy your day....God Bless...

viyvaogatbkw.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    I hope you all had a good Christmas celebrating Jesus birth. We read the scripture of his birth, opened presents then we all pitched in to make our late lunch. My husband went to pick up his mother and had a flat tire on the way. Fortunately, he had just gotten off the busy highway and was on a quieter road. The whole tire had split apart. We knew that they were getting older but thought they would be good for at least until Spring. I am so glad that he did not have the flat tire on the busy interstate highway. As he was looking at the tire, his brother drove by who lives in the same area as their mother and stopped to help him re-inflate the spare tire that was also flat and then put it on the car. I can see God's hand in the whole situation. If it had happened 5 minutes later, his brother would not have seen him on the side of the road to help him. I am so glad that we have Jesus who makes all things work for the good of those who love him. Tomorrow we will go eat again with my mother-in-law before by daughter and family leave to go to Kansas to Celebrate with the other side of the family.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    vae8o513xdut.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Amen Marilyn! We are having high winds with snow squalls this afternoon. It comes and goes so I am not sure if the wind is done or not. Right now the sun is shining and the clouds are beginning to be less dark so I assume it is gone to another part of the country.

We are slowing down in our activites today. Our daughter and family will be leaving tomorrow morning for thier long 13 hour trip to her inlaws. I do not thnk I could do that long traveling with two children ages 7 and 9 who are very active. It is a good thing they are young and capable of keeping up with the kids. (I like to cuddle on the couch and rest.) It has been a wonderful blessing to have them here to celebrate. I will miss them!
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Amen, yes let's feed on the Manna God has given us.Hope you all had a Blessed Christmas celebrating Jesus Birthday

Today was a very quiet day for me, after full Christmas Day I needed to be quiet today...

Happy Boxing Day evening, Blessings on your day tomorrow!

Sharing a beautiful chorus that has been on my mind for a while...Enjoy, God Bless...❤️🤗

Days of Elijah

Verse 1

These are the days of Elijah,
    Declaring the word of the Lord:
    And these are the days of Your servant Moses,
    Righteousness being restored.
    And though these are days of great trial,
    Of famine and darkness and sword,
    Still, we are the voice in the desert crying
    ‘Prepare ye the way of the Lord!’

Chorus

Behold He comes, riding on the clouds
    Shining like the sun, at the trumpet call!
    Lift your voice, it’s the year of jubilee
    And out of Zion’s hill salvation comes!

Verse 2

These are the days of Ezekiel,
    The dry bones becoming as flesh.
    And these are the days of Your servant David,
    Rebuilding a temple of praise.
    These are the days of the harvest,
    The fields are as white in Your world!
    And we are the laborers in Your vineyard,
    Declaring the word of the Lord!

Chorus

Bridge

There is no God like Jehovah.
    There is no God like Jehovah!

Chorus

Sent from my iPhone
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Today is the day after Boxing Day and my daughter and her family have returned home. We're continuing to visit with our son and daughter-in-law till the New Year.

Take care, all of you.
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Susan - I really like the words to this song. I have a lot of favorite songs that help me praise God, pray or just relax in His presence. The ones with scripture quotes are expecially good to listen to.

I am cleaning up the house, washing sheets, and using leftovers from when we had my daughter and family visiting. It is very quiet in the house with the grandkids gone but it is nice to get back to "normal" again. My daughter said that they were delayed in the mountains because they were doing "avalanche control". In case you have not heard of this, the Department of Transportation shoots things into the heavy snow that is on the sides of the mountain to possibly create a controled avalanche. It prevents skiers and other things from creating unexpected avalanchs that could cause deaths or car accidents if it got on the road. They can not prevent all avalanches but this certainly helps keep everyone safer.
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Linda, beautiful scripture songs encourage me too. There's one for every trial.

I'm glad they do avalanche controlnear you.

It's raining here tonight and I am listening to our Pastor online. I'll go to bed soon.
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    It is snowing again today. Usually we get a few inches all winter but now we have had that much in the past week. I wonder what the rest of the winter will bring? The snow does not stay on the ground very long which is nice. Even though the grass may be covered, the roads are only wet.

I have really been enjoying the recipies that Judith has been posting in the announcements. Have any of you tried them? I have had to change some of the ingredients to match what I can eat but it was still very delicious.
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Snowing again today but not accumulating as much as Marilyn has been getting. We get an inch or two then it melts off until the next snow comes.

Do you have a theme for the new year? People talk about resolutions of how they want to change their bodies (loose weight, exercise more, etc) but this year I am working on my mind. I will be continuing my reading of how Jesus loved people that I started this year but also want to work on faith. My theme will be "Let go and let God". I want to be so trusting in God that I can float along like the snowflakes are outside my window knowing that God has a plan and He will take care of me. Trying to be in charge of my life is hard work! If I let God take over, He knows the future and is much better at decisions than I am. I know I will not be perfect in letting go but I want to strengthen my faith I already have to a higher level. Getting a stronger faith will also require me to listen to His voice better and to improve my prayer life. Psalm 9:10 Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.