Chat Cafe

Replies

• 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,589 Member
    Linda, will keep all your appointments in prayer, keep me posted as they are booked. Safe travels over the mountains; we too are experiencing freezing temps here and fresh snowfall!

Have a great day all..

fqzatox4t094.jpeg
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    7kgxg1e3qnow.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,408 Member
    Linda, I hope all your appointments go well. Safe travels. Stay warm and I hope Friday is a favourable day for your trip.

Judith, thank you for praying. Col seems to be feeling a little better but is easily tired. We had a broken journey to my sister's as he just wasn't well enough to keep going, even though he wanted to travel. I drove for the two days it took to get here. It's nice to be here though. I hope you get a date for your surgery soon, one that will stick.

Marilyn, I love that verse and Nahum 1:7 - "The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him"

• Marilynsretired
    p39gshkwnow0.jpg
  • 316Judith
    xrdrapymkutr.jpeg
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,535 Member
    This morning we got a call from my sister-in-law saying my mother-in-law was having a reaction to her covid shot she got yesterday. My sister-in-law needed to go to work and ask if we would come over and stay with my M-I-L in case she got worse. She was pretty tired, had a fever and was confused but by the afternoon she had a better color and she wanted to get dressed. She is having breakfast at 2pm and drinking some juice. We were concerned that the shot might affect her worse since she is 89 but after she slept all morning, she seems fine now. Since we are trying to go back over the mountain tomorrow, we wanted to make sure she was OK before we left.

I am glad Colin is feeling better. I do not like to drive long distances so I am glad my husband is willing to do this for me. Susan, I am glad that you were able to do the driving to your sister's house.

• Marilynsretired
    r7sdw7cptxxt.jpg

Today is our youngest birthday - she turned 33 today - love her over the moon. She lives with us and so enjoy having her -she bring joy to us and all that meet her

1 Peter 1:3
    He has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.

Question:: Whether you're an optimist or a pessimist, what situations cause concern in you? Why is hope better than either optimism or pessimism?
  • 316Judith
    edited January 2022
    Good Evening All

Susan, happy Colin is feeling better, my prayers continue for you both

Linda, so happy to hear that after you spent day with her your Mother in law improved and is doing much better from the reaction she had from the Covid vaccine. I am sure it helps knowing all is well as you prepare to travel over the mountains. Safe travels and journey, keep us posted on how your trip goes and when you arrive.

Marilyn, please wish your daughter a Happy Birthday from me and the Team....Hope you have a Blessed time together celebrating her special day.

Thank you all for signing in and sharing each day keeping the Team going when I am away, you all are appreciated! 🤗

Good Evening All 🌃

*° 。* ** Dropping by to Say Hi˚*° ˚** * * 👋
    ° 。 ° ˚* _Π_____*。*˚ ° 。 ° ˚*
    ˚ ˛ •˛•*/______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛ ° 。 ° ˚*
    ˚ ˛ •˛• | 田田|門| From My Home to Yours 🏡
    **° 。* ° ˚*° 。 ° ˚*° 。 ° ˚*° 。 ° ˚*° 。 ° ˚*° 。 ° ˚°
    And wish you a Blessed Evening & Weekend ahead.. 😊
  • LosinSusin
    Thank you, Linda and Judith, for your prayers and good wishes for Colin and I. Judith, I sure praying for you about your surgery and am glad God has you in His hands, noayter what! Bless you, my friend.

Linda, so glad your mother-in-law is doing better. It would be very concerning if she had a bad reaction to her shots. Yes, Vol usually drives but he just wasn't up to it this week. I was glad I didn't have to tow the van.

Marilyn, happy birthday to your youngest. You asked some deep questions! Hope is way better than optimism of pessimism as we know what is ahead of us. The fulfillment of God's promises! As humans we get weighed down by events and personal issues but the moment we look up, hope is restored. Optimism is a good thing to strive for while we wait in hope as we have all good things to look forward to because of our Saviour 💖
  • Healthyme7410
    We finally got to our home after 8 hours of driving. It usually takes 4 1/2 hours but the traffic was really slow due to an accident and some construction work so it took a lot longer. The rest stop we usually go to about half way on our trip was closed due to snow so I did not get my walk I usually take on our trip. We did stop for a few minutes to deliver some breast milk to our daughter in law. She has a friend who donates her milk to people who need it. Our daughter in law has several friends who have been needing extra milk for their babies because they have been sick. It helps out the friend who has extra frozen milk and then several women in this area are helped by not having to buy the milk for their sick children. It can get really expensive to buy it from the hospital.

Tomorrow is the memorial service from our friend who died of cancer last month. My husband is doing the service and keeping things organized. It will be a time of rememberance and joy as we know we will see him when it is our time to be called home.
  • Marilynsretired
    13k0vxnks9ot.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Marilyn the quote is so true. Gratitude is so important to living a blessed life.

We had the memorial service for our friend today. It was so good to see so many people there that I had not seen in a long time. Our friend had made lots of connections with people and they had lots of fun memories to share.

The weather report for the mountains is for 5 more inches of snow this weekend. We will not get snow at our house but it is so important that we have snow in the mountains because that is where our water comes from as the snow melts during the summer.
  • LosinSusin
    Linda, so glad the memorial service went well. Isn't it a blessing that we will see saved friends and family again, and know who they are in their new bodies! What a good initiative the breast milk exchange is, too.

Marilyn, life certainly is nicer when we count our blessings.

Judith, thinking of you.

We're having a slow day. Had YouTube church this morning and will again this evening. Our premises are still not accessible. Covid numbers are surging out of control now too and greater Brisbane is in lock down once again. I'm still at my sister's where freedom is better.
  • 316Judith
    Evening Hello All,

Susan, sorry about the lock down; happy you were able to have a YouTube service today; it’s hard when you can’t meet in person and your moving about is restricted.

I agree, sounds like things are quite serious there in Brisbane with increased cases.

Cases are surging here with so many being hospitalized.

For our Province today the numbers were at 3,144 new cases and 19 deaths, currently 33,184 active cases here; today 349 patients admitted to join patients already in hospital and 93 in intensive care; and so many in isolation. It’s so hard to see such suffering!

With all that is happening here our OR’s have been shut down, surgeries cancelled, only emergency surgery going forward!

My Melanoma and reconstruction surgery is on hold; thankfully they are allowing the colon surgery to go ahead due to the mass that is raising a flag and possible polyps, with already dealing with cancer they are concerned it could be cancerous; hoping they remove it all and I am declared free of colon cancer!

Linda, sounds like a beautiful memorial service, I am sure your husband did a beautiful service that ministered to the family and all who were there.

What a day that will be when we see our loved ones and friends in Glory and most of all to see Jesus Face to Face and walk the streets of Glory! Praise God!

Happy you and your husband got safely over the mountain but it sure was a longer trip.

I was very impressed to read about the Breast Milk program that collects and distributes it to the Mom’s that need it for their sick children and babies. First I have heard of this, we sure need to see this more here so many more Mom’s can benefit by receiving the Breast Milk that helps their babies and children thrive!

Thank you Marilyn for sharing the quote, such an inspiration: and a good reminder to remember what a privilege it is to rise every morning, to live and breathe, and be the person God is moulding and shaping to be His Hands extended; indeed God has given us a Precious Gift!

My prayers continue for you Susan Linda Marilyn and all the Members of our Team! Thank you for your prayers.

Appreciate everyone signing in contributing to the discussions and helping in keeping the team going.

God Bless you all ❤️🙏🤗
  • Marilynsretired
    7cp6dvuglp1b.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Precautions are more strict here in Denver but we are still able to go to church. Masks are mandated everywhere the public gathers but not social distancing yet. It may come to that at a later time.

Judith, I am so glad that they are allowing you to have your procedures on Wednesday. It will be good to get that our of the way to get ready for when your facial reconstruction can take place. I hope it is very soon. Is the news saying if the cases of the people in the hospital are vaccinated? We have found here that vaccinated people are getting covid but their cases do not seem to be as serious as the unvaccinated ones are.

I hope you all had a good weekend and are preparing for the week ahead. May it be blessed for you and your families.

• LosinSusin
    Hi everyone. It rained today so our weather was cooler. What a relief.

Yes, cases here are surging but it's hard to get information about who is getting sick. So far there are no more reported deaths and the numbers in hospital are not high. The community numbers are very high. Everyone is avoiding going out but I think the virus has a strong foothold now and possibly everyone will eventually be exposed.

Judith, I am so sorry to hear about the pain and suffering in BC. I also pray your colon surgery will go ahead. It's this week, right? Looking forward to hearing from you after the fact. Take care and God bless you 💕

Linda, I'm so glad you can still attend church in person. Our little group is getting good at chatting online! Pastor is making services more interactive by asking us simple questions from the Bible during the sermon too.

Marilyn, I love Peanuts and the gratitude reminder.

Thinking of you all and praying for you.
  • Healthyme7410
    Today is a beautiful day at 51F degrees. I will be walking today to my doctor's appointment to get some exercise. It is about a mile away and downhill (at least one way) so it will be a pleasant walk.

We opened Christmas presents last night with our family in Denver. It is fun to spread out Christmas for a while. We have another one with other family members on the 22nd. The presents do not matter as much as getting together and laughing and enjoying ourselves.

I had a training today on a new program that I will need to learn for the school. I took notes and asked a lot of questions so I hope that I will be able to transition from the old program to the new one. This one definately has some good changes in it to make it easier to print transcript for those who graduate. We are hoping to have a graduation ceremony this Summer but since some are from other countries, they may not be able to come with covid restrictions. Some countries are not granting visas right now.
  • Marilynsretired
    jwych4advg8z.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    edited January 2022
    Linda, how fun to spread out Christmas!
    I hope the new program is easy to learn. I think it's pretty hard to get permission to fly overseas from Australia right now. 🤔

Marilyn, I love that verse.

Judith, today must be the day of your surgery. I am thinking of you and remembering you in prayer. May all go well, my friend.

I have some beautiful flower pictures from my sister's garden. I'll share one I took today with you 💐

ms7apftgj5n1.jpg