Chat Cafe

Options

Replies

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 9,872 Member
    Options
    Marilyn, I am so glad that some pastors are not afraid to teach the truth even if it is uncomfortable. Those subjects are so needed but are also neglected because some think that they are not "politically correct". Our pastor is not afraid to preach on these also. When everything is in the light, we can face them and change what needs to be changed if necessary. God's word has the answer for all our issues.

Susan - your picture looks like our sky when we had the wildfires. It is definately a weird feeling looking at the sun through the filter of ash. I pray that your asthma can be controled with all the particles in the air.

Our church had a medical group come in yesterday and offer free covid tests to anyone who needed them. We are having a shortage of testing supplies in our area and some have not been able to even know if they have the virus. My daughter and kids were tested since my S-I-L may have it. They are all awaiting the test results. They should know in the next 24 hours.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,518 Member
    Options
    pzbphkiwbejn.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 4,732 Member
    Options
    News from Judith: she is still recovering from the colon surgery. They have delayed her the Melanoma and facial reconstruction surgery for another two months, again.πŸ˜₯

She feels she can come back to chat tomorrow! Easy does it though. I think she will only post in this thread.

Praying for her πŸ™ and sending lots of love πŸ’–πŸ˜˜
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    wkp1xk83kv4d.jpg

Keeping Judith in my prayers.

Grateful that the extreme cold here in British Columbia Canada has ended but now the east coast is getting it.

14 days left in the month of January so need to buckle down in order to lost 3 - 4 pounds this month

Am about to have lunch then need to get up and put some steps on my pedometer. Have the floors done and most of the dusting - now to have lunch, do a little walking and work on a Bible Study

• Healthyme7410
    Options
    Prayers continue for Judith and her healing. I'm hoping that she is having less pain and heals quickly. I am so sorry that the reconstruction surgery has been put off again. My patience is getting thin with the situation and it is not even happening to me.

We are supposed to have snow showers tomorrow. It is cold and the clouds are gray tonight. I was concerned with the road conditions tomorrow with the temperature being high of 30 and snow predicted but God took care of that. My friend that I was supposed to get with tomorrow got confused and sent me a message to say she was at our meeting place today. I was not ready to get with her but quickly prepared and met her a little late. Now I do not need to worry about the road conditions tomorrow.

• LosinSusin
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Linda, I agree with you about Judith being put off again, with Melanoma! She is so patient about it but must be so concerning and difficult to wait.

Glad you had no trouble on the road after all.

Marilyn, sounds like a busy day for you today. I hope you get everything done and the bitter cold stays away for you.

It is a tiny bit cooler here today but still very tropical. Watching a video with my granddaughters and daughter right now. We started a family jigsaw puzzle too. 😊
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Freezing drizzle today so I am staying in where it is warm and safe. Tonight we are supposed to go out with friends but we will see what the roads are like when the time comes. My husband is not afraid to drive on slippery roads so I will "let" him drive while I close my eyes as we go. LOL

Susan I am glad the sky is clearing. I heard on the news that this volcano can cause changes in the oceans and weather for quite a while. I am so glad no one was hurt at least I have not heard of any from the high waves after the eruption.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    0uudtgfiohip.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    That's right, I would close my eyes too, Linda! I haven't heard of any lives lost from the volcano either, but there's been a lot of property damage.

Judith had more Dr appointments and no energy to come chat, so maybe tomorrow she will be here.

We're hanging out in the air conditioning today. I'm sure grateful for that, Marilyn.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    mir0bao0ke2n.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Ha ha! Chocolate cookies can call, alright!

Been having sleepless nights, finally falling asleep at dawn. I hope to change that pattern soon.
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Today I was able to donate blood. There is a severe blood shortage in our state and they offered a chance to win $5000 to everyone who donates in this month. Our church also had a virtual blood drive at the same time where we could win some items of clothing. I like giving blood so I did not need these extra incentives but I would not refuse them if offered to me.

We went to a friends house to eat and have a fun time but when we came out of the house it was beginning to snow and was very foggy. It took longer to get home than usual because we had to drive so slow incase we did not see approacing traffic coming toward us. I am glad to be home!

Susan, I hope you can get your sleep schedule turned around. I have those times too and it can be frustrating to be just falling into a good sleep then it is time to get up like a "normal" person.
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    We are having our last Christmas party tomorrow. Today I am making my star cinnimon rolls for gifts. It is fun but takes a lot of time. I can do other things as I wait for them to raise two times.

• Marilynsretired
    Options
    2av9eucyumdo.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Have a fun day, Linda! I can almost smell your baking.

Marilyn, good scripture.

Having to decide if we will move in today or tomorrow from daughter's house.
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 7,650 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone, πŸŒ…

Thank you for sharing here and keeping us all informed in how you are doing these past several days I have been away recovering. I have enjoyed seeing the photo’s shared. Trust all is well with each of you. Hope your weather has improved. Ours is milder and warming up.

Linda, trust the tests come back clear for Covid. So sorry there has been such challenges with your 2nd puppy with the aggression he is exhibiting. Hope the trainer is able to help so the puppy 🐢 does better and calms down so you don’t need to re-home him.

Susan so sorry about the Volcanic ashes that are in your area. Hope the air is clearing, thanks for sharing the pictures. Trust Colin is well. How is your asthma? Trust it is improving and you feel better.

Marilyn, yes it’s great that your Pastor preaches as he does, my Pastor is the same, he preaches the Truth and holds nothing back. Praise God!

My Melanoma and Reconstruction surgery has been cancelled for another 2 months due to increased Covid cases which has overwhelmed the healthcare and closed down OR’s and cancelled surgeries!

I am waiting on my pathology report for the colon surgical procedures I had, probably this week should be in.

Thank you for your prayers!

Blessings on your day and weekend ahead.
    πŸ’—πŸ™βœοΈπŸ“–
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    It's good to see you back, Judith, though I am very sorry your surgery has been cancelled yet again. May the Lord bless and keep you.

My asthma is the same.

Today we start our long journey home from our daughter's house. It will be good to be home hopefully in a few days.
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Welcome back Judith! I am glad you had time to recooperate this past week. I hope you continue to improve. Do what is best for you. We are praying for your strength.

Susan- we will be traveling over the mountain tomorrow. The weather sound great - cold but clear. Your trip back home will take much longer than our 4 1/2 hours. I pray for your safety as you drive.

We had our last Christmas party this afternoon. It was fun to finally get all the family together. Watching the wonder and excitement of the grandkids was refreshing. They are so grateful for what they get.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    yo7dwelafk69.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Thank you, Linda! I pray your trip will be safe too.

Marilyn, that's true.

We're about to jump in the car again now. Catch you all later. Xx