Chat Cafe

Options

Replies

• LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 4,746 Member
    Options
    Linda, glad the potato bar and curtain making were successful! Good for you with your portion control too. πŸ˜ƒ Prayers for your friends with Covid. πŸ™

Marilyn, an attitude of gratitude fixes lots of life's problems, doesn't it.πŸ™

Judith, hope you are alright.πŸ™

It's Sunday today and we were able to meet in person this morning! It was so good to see people face to face again. Because of the construction still going on around our church hall, our evening services will still be online, but we're getting there. πŸ€—
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 7,672 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for sharing, I enjoyed reading everyones post! So glad things are working out for you Linda with the guests at the house. I like the sermon about listening, yes, we sure need to learn those skills better, your potato bar sounded so delicious.

Susan, glad you got some cooler weather to enjoy, nice to have your windows open instead of relying on AC.

Marilyn, I liked the quotes and thoughts you shared, very good.

Blessings on your evening and may your Sunday be blessed abundantly....

l08vhrbxo1la.jpg
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Sunday Morning Blessings

May you all have a Jesus Filled Day enjoying your Sunday Services and Family time together!

bf284koxs5jr.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 9,891 Member
    Options
    I finished the curtains but with some difficulty. I must have not made sure the weave of the material was straight because when I started heming them, the hem was not straight. The curtains are the same length (my husband helped me measure) but the edge of the curtain is shorter than the middle. I am hoping that it will not be really noticable because I do not have time to remeasure and resew them. I definately learned a lesson to check the straightness of the weave.

We were planning to leave to go back to Denver tomorrow but we just heard that our middle granddaughter tested positive for covid and our oldest granddaughter is not feeling well and she baby sat for the middle granddaughter last Friday. We will be waiting until Tuesday to leave and hopefully everyone will have a test back to see if more family members have it. I have my yearly checkup for my hip replacement doctor this coming week and they will not see me if I have been in contact with someone who has tested positive. We may have to stay in a motel for a few days until after the appointment.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,529 Member
    Options
    oa0bpps6f0pe.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Oh no, Linda! I hope your family will be OK. It was kind of a blessing for you not to be exposed due o your hip replacement, but know they are sickbwould be a worry. Sorry the curtains didn't turn out the way you wanted. Some fabric stretches after being hung up. Maybe it will all even out over time.

Judith, I hope you had a blessed Sunday. Good to see you here! I hope you are feeling a little better. <3

Marilyn, that's a comforting promise.

We had some LED solar lights installed in a couple of places today. I have 9ne in the pantry, one in the kitchen and 9ne in my craft room. They seem like they are going to make a nice difference!
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    We heard from our daughter this morning.Hher covid test was negative so we are just waiting to see the results of our oldest grandaughter. Today is her 15th birthday so a negative test for her would be a nice present. It would be nice for us also since she lives in our house. We are leaving to go there tomorrow and her test will reveal if we need to get a motel or can stay at our house.

The curtains looked OK once they were hung up. It was very helpful for the singers and speaker to now have the sun in their eyes when they were on stage. The sermon was on
    "Love one another - Forgiveness". He brought a big satchel full of hunting clothes for an object lesson. He said unforgiveness is like having to carry around a heavy burden like his stachel all day. It weighs you down to carry it. Then he opened it and took out various articles of clothing using Colossians 3:12-15 talking about what we should be putting on - compassion, humility, kindness, gentleness, patience, etc. By the time he put on all the clothing that was supposed to be these atributes, his satchel was about empty. Forgiveness brings you all of these good things.

I pray that this week with be full of blessings and strength for the trials that may come for all of us.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    zxwjzpvadc87.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Interesting quote, Marilyn. Times surevare changing.

That was a great object lesson, Linda. Glad the curtains worked the way you hoped too.

I had a domestic day, dusting, fixing photos in frames, watering plants. So nothing much to tell you today.

Take care, all. Blessings.

• Marilynsretired
    Options
    nrzcyt6rph63.jpg
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Marilyn your post made me chuckle. The other posts you shared were all good, I agree with Susan the one quite was sure different, and yes, times are sure changing.

Linda, so sorry about your granddaughter testing positive for Covid, my prayers are with her for a quick recovery. Here’s hoping your15 year old granddaughter doesn’t test positive for Covid. Please wish her a Happy Birthday πŸ₯³ from me. So happy the curtains worked out and helped those on the platform on Worship and when preaching.

Susan so glad you got your LED Solar lights installed, sounds like they will be very nice for you both. Thanks for your kindness and for your encouragement and prayers.

Blessings everyone, have a wonderful day! β€οΈπŸ™
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    We traveled over the mountain today. The weather in Denver is so much warmer. It was 55 degrees - no need for jackets. We probably will get a cold front come in soon but we will enjoy this weather while we can. We are able to stay at our house because our oldest granddaughter had a negative test. Our son-in-law came back from Texas today from his Dad's funeral. They had a nice family dinner together while they were there. He was able to get together with some other friends he had in Texas that he grew up with also.

Judith thanks for the health update. It helps to know these things to update my prayer list with the most current concerns.
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Everyone has tested negative for covid in the family now. Some of them have congestion but it seems to be just a cold. With the flu and cold season now in full force it is hard to know what illness people have.

Our puppy seems to have calmed down a lot since we were here last time. My daughter took her to the vet because she was licking her legs bald and they gave her a steroid shot and antibiotics. Since that time, she is not so aggressive. Maybe she was just feeling unwell and now that she is feeling better she will not be a problem. Our older dog is limping like I do when I first get up in the morning. :D My daughter thinks she hurt herself jumping at squirrles that tease her from on top of the fence. Hopefully it is just a minor injury.

We went to my granddaughter's band concert last night. The teacher said they had done so well learning the songs that they finished the training early. She was very proud of their accomplishments.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    3ds3h6bzmdnh.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Nice acronym, Marilyn, and I related to your last cartoon as well.

What a relief about the negative Covid tests, Marilyn. The concert sounds like fun. I am so glad your pup settled down. Her legs might have been driving her mad. I hope your other dog is OK.

Judith, you're welcome for prayers. I hope you are alright. The lights are nice so I am glad we got them already.

Archie got groomed today. He is still smiling too! Colin got his dentures and is also smiling.

• Healthyme7410
    Options
    Susan - you have a lot of excitement in your house - new haircut, new dentures, new lights, etc. I like the image of your dog smiling after grooming. Our dog used to dance around like she felt a weight lifted off of her after grooming.

Marilyn - I really love the "GLAD" idea. We do "bubble up" with dinner where we talk about one good thing from the day and one not so good. I think we should expand it to GLAD. It helps to have to concentrate on the good of the day.

I will be leaving in a few minutes for my one year checkup for my hip replacement. I am hoping that they are pleased as I am for how more mobile I feel. It is a 1 1/2 hour trip one way to Vail but we are leaveing early in case there is a traffic jam going up the mountain.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    e2ew68ixz43g.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    🎈🎁Happy Birthday Marlyn!🎁🎈 I love your quotations and thoughts that you share.

My trip to Vail for the doctor appointment went well. The doctor said the x-rays look great and my mobility was good. They compared my x-ray for my other hip from last year and said that it has not deteriorated in the past year. If I need anything done to it, a steroid injection would be the first treatment and surgery can be put off for a little while longer on that one. It snowed on us as we returned home but the roads were fine.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    91sdc1je48zm.jpg

@Linda - thanks for the birthday wished. Sounds like your appointment was success. Nice that the other hip has not gotten worse - what eating the correct foods will do for is !!
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Happy belated birthday, Marilyn! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‚πŸŽˆ

Linda, that is very good news about your hip. I'm glad nothing has to be done to it for now. My own hips have improved since I have improved my diet. I have what they call moderate to severe arthritis in one hip and arthritis of the same degree in many other parts of my body. By avoiding sugar especially, I seem to be keeping the pain at bay. I am so glad the same is happening for you.

It hasn't been so exciting here today. It's a quiet day with some rain showers. I am catching up on admin work. I'm actually sitting at the desk in my craft room to work so I am getting tempted to create a project.

I thought you might like to see Archie smiling:

aiabxjin8vbf.jpg