Replies

• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,529 Member
    Options
    tq8ygpuc3n8n.jpg
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 7,672 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing Susan, I am glad you took time for yourself and rested! You need to do that more often especially when you are able!

Linda, that was such a nice surprise with your husband having you both take day off. Glad you were able to be at the house to check snow levels. Your new book Aging Gracefully sounds like a wonderful book; who is the author.

Marilyn, sorry about your toe, hope it gets better soon, please be safe and take care!

God Bless your Sunday and Week ahead. ❤️🙏
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 4,746 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Judith. I know I should rest more but I miss so much of life when I do. I'm not good at looking after my self, I guess. Must do better. Are you feeling more comfortable after your surgery now?

Marilyn, thinking of you and hoping you have less pain.

Linda, how are you?

Love and blessings
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    wxfpk97vx65f.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 9,891 Member
    Options
    Judith - I am doing well. I exercised today with the old machine I usually use with a higher resistance and my hip felt tired but not painful. I have been putting the heating pad on it which seems to help. How are you doing with all your appointments? I hope all the offices are close to your home so you do not have to travel far.

This week I am making curtains for the windows at the church where we are meeting. I will put them on tension rods so they can be put up and removed easily. Since we are meeting at 4pm the sun really shines brightly through the windows and the singers on the stage can hardly see us for the glare. I have an old sheet that I am thinking about using. It is for a bed that we no longer have and this will be a good way to use them.

I hope you all are having a good start of the week. It does not seem possible January is gone after today. Am I making the most of every day that God gives me?

• LosinSusin
    Options
    Linda, good to hear your hip is doing well. How good to be able to help with the curtain at church.

Marilyn, that joke made me chuckle. Too true!

Judith, thinking of you today.

It's already the 1st of February here. I'm spending some time online today. Hubby is out and about. He's excited that he gets his new dentures today. It will be good to see him smile with teeth again!
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Welcome to the Month of February 2022

Hope you all have a successful month of February and see your Goals met. I stand with you cheering you on your healthy journey. Let raise the Bar and be the best God would desire for us to be:

Have a Blessed Day and Week ahead!

n2oovgya7f32.jpeg
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    lehcbuwdsbqu.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    The year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar is designated the Year of the Tiger. "In Chinese culture, the tiger is the symbol of bravery, wisdom and strength. (from Google search) Happy Chinese New Year to all our friends celebrating this. I hope we all can gain bravery, wisdom and strength as we "fight the good fight" against our spiritual enemy who tries to draw us away from worshiping God.

Our kids are expecting 6-10 inches of snow in Denver today. I am glad to be in our other house where the weather is clear and partly sunny.
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Thank you for sharing Marilyn and Linda

Hope you are all having a great day! Thank you for being active on the Team with signing in daily, participating in the activities and encouraging us all with the messages you share!

God’s Blessings Team Members, you are all appreciated! 😊❤️🙏
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    We just found out last night that the parents of one of the students at the University will be coming next week and need a place to stay. We have always said that parents are welcome to use our house when we are gone. It is good to have people in here to make sure the house is OK while we are gone. Last night my mind was so busy trying to get organized about getting the house cleaned and ready for "guests" that I had problems sleeping. My husband and I discussed it this morning and he said that he was planning to help me get it ready so I can work on finishing the curtains. I am so grateful to have him by my side helping me and encoraging me when I am feeling overwhelmed.
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts, words of encouragement and this man g's that be are happening to me you.

Happy Chinese New Year. A friend sent m we be this and I thought it was lovely:

vp3qx3ptgk61.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    91in7f9k9wfl.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    We heard today that the message about our guests was miscommunicated. Rather than the parents and a child, it is three teenage boys who are coming to see their friends on campus. The parent who asked to use the house apologized for the mixup. He was looking for a place for his son and two friends to stay. We will still have them come but have asked that the minister keep an eye on them. They will just be using the house to sleep in and spending all their time with friends. We know their families so it should be fine. This has given me a little relief since I know that teenagers do not expect a perfect house so I do need to make sure it is clean but not necessarily perfect. :D

• LosinSusin
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Sounds better, Linda. I'm glad it is all working out for you.

We had a nice cool change today and I left the windows open instead of turning on the ac. It was a welcome relief from the heat and humidity.
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Another cold day but clear. I have a busy day today getting ready for guests tonight. We are having a few friends over from the church for a potato bar. I am providing the potatoes and a few topping and the rest of them are bringing more toppings and drinks. Some of our group will not be here because they are still in issolation from having covid. It may be a small group. We are also doing a follow up on the sermon about listening. We are doing a series on the "one another" scriptures and listening is a way to "love one another". It will be a practice group to see if we can do a better job listening and atuning to people we talk with. In his sermon, the minister said that a lot of us think we are relating by injecting our own story when talking but sometimes we need to realize that doing this is distracting from what the person really wants to say. Sometimes they just want us to listen. I am not saying that relating is not good because it does have it's place but we are just focusing on listening and making the person feel heard and loved.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    rxwcxmi8dkcw.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    A potato bar sounds interesting, Linda. Have fun.

Marilyn, sending you a virtual hug.

We are going out for a morning coffee with friends then having two other friends over for afternoon coffee. No need for me to eat breakfast or lunch today!
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Our potato bar was a success. We only had 7 people here since some had to work or were stil sick with Covid. I tried not to take large portions of toppings but just a little bit of each for a taste but not over eating.

I have only the hems to put in the curtains for the church. I gave up on using my sheets because it got too involved with having to cut the material in pieces to get them long enough. I didnot want the material to look like a patchwork quilt so I bought new material and just hemmed the sides and top and bottom. It worked out much better and look more professional.

Hoping you all have a wonderful relaxing weekend.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    ezj9wrmgxj0u.jpg