Replies

• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,534 Member
    Options
    s7ctzectmt2e.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 9,919 Member
    Options
    Archie is a cutie! Looking at him makes me smile. Our younger dog was so proud of herself today because she found a lap blanket left on the sofa so she was carrying it around. The problem was that it was longer than she was and as she walked she was stepping on it and could not pull it very easily. Never the less, she was very proud of her "catch".

The snow storm is over and all is left is shoveling it off the sidewalk and driveway. We only got about 4 inches this time. It was so pretty as it piled up on the branches of the trees. It is warmer today so it is falling off in clumps.

I hope you all have a productive and relaxing weekend.
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 7,705 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All, ๐ŸŒ…

Susan, love the pictures of Archie smiling, what a sweet "puppy" I am sure he gives you heaps of joy to your household.

Thanks for asking after me, the past week was chalenging, was really feeling out of sorts, a lot of frustration over so many cancellations of my surgery I have been waiting on, yes I was having a pity party, but Praise God I am back on track again, the Lord has given me strength to rise up from frustration remembering that God's Timing is best, yes, I will get thru this and beat the disease and be healed in Jesus Name!

Marilyn, Happy Belated Birthday ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‚๐Ÿ› Hope your day was blessed abundantly... Thank you for all the great quotes you have been sharing, very uplifting and encouraging.... Keep them coming...

Linda, so happy to hear about your Doctor's appointment regarding your hip...this is great news...So happy to hear your ex-rays were all good with no further deterioration of the hip and mobility is good. Nice to hear that surgery is not needed right now. I rejoice with you...

Blessings on your day and week ahead...โค๏ธ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ™
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Judith - I am glad you have gotten yourself back on track. I have been known to have pity parties also (had one yesterday) but it is so true that the Lord does give us the strength for what we need. The sermon today was on expectations verses reality using John the Baptist as an example. Sitting in jail, he sent his disciples to Jesus to ask "are you the one who is to come or should we exoect sineibe else?" He did not understand Jesus plan. Sometimes we do not understand things either but our "hindsight is much better than our foresight". One day we will be able to see the plan and can thank Jesus personally knowing his wisdom is so much better than ours.

It is almost 60 degrees and sunny and the snow is melting quickly today.. We took a walk earlier and the sun felt so good on my back. I would love to think that Spring is coming soon but March can be the month we get the most snow. It has even snowed on my birthday in April. Our weather is very unpredictable!
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    whue2p1jvgx5.png
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 4,767 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Good afternoon from Australia. It's Valentine's day here already and I am wishing all my girlfriends a happy GALentine's Day. Thank you all for your friendship. It's precious to me.

Linda, I bet it would have been a good picture to see your pup dragging around that blanket! Glad you enjoyed Archie smiling. He'll be 3 this year but he still acts like a pup.

Judith, I just read you're very welcome news in the prayer request thread. I think most of us girls find it easy to have a pity party, me included. I'm just grateful that you had some pretty good news. Yes, you need to be monitored, but they will keep you safe this way

Thank you from me too, Marilyn. I enjoy your posts.

We're studying Ruth on Wednesday nights at church. I don't recall anywhere where she had a pity party! And yet she had so many obstacles to overcome.

You just never know where life will take you, but the Lord does.

I love that she was blessed so much as to be in the ancestry of Christ. She would only have found that out once she got to heaven!

We will never know what purpose our life events have until we are in heaven. Trials will certainly beset us and they do. The Lord gives us the answer - lean on Him and trust Him no matter what. He knows the end from the beginning after all. ๐Ÿ’•

Bless you all today and always.
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Happy GALentine day to all of you! Susan, you got to celebrate earlier than the rest of us several time zones away. We went to see a movie and to lunch. I can't remember when the last time we saw a movie so it was very nice. The theater only had three other people in there since it was an early matinee. We got 30% off for the matinee and a lower cost because we are "seniors". It was a nice family movie about animals and lower cost so a win-win for us.

My two dughters and my daughter in law are starting a group Bible study on line looking at the wisdom of the Psalms. It is written in the Passion translation so it is different wording but has some really good thoughts. It is through the app called "You Version". It has a section for us to write our thoughts and then all of us can see what each other wrote. I am learning about all sorts of ways the internet can keep us all together and how we can learn about what each other is thinking.
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Yes, Linda, we are several time zones away from each other. I'm in Australian Eastern Standard Time zone (AEST). Which time zone are you in? So we celebrated Valentine's Day earlier than you. I also wished girlfriends a happy GALentine's Day. Happy GALentine's Day to you all.

Today there isn't much to talk about. Tomorrow I have a coffee invitation from a fellow crafter ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    j3rgs1igtwip.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Susan - I am in the Mountain Standard time zone. I am ahead of Judith and Marilyn by one hour.

I am a little late comming to post. I had our zoom Bible study in the morning then I walked to my doctor's office to get a covid test before the colonoscopy tomorrow. I did not realize how much I think about food normally until I can not have it. When my stomach growls, I automatically think about my next meal but today there is no next meal. In 24 hours it will all be done so I can last that long without starving! I have to tell myself that a lot today. Maybe I will loose a few pounds from the ones I put on with Superbowl. That would be very encouraging.
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    That means we are 17 hours ahead of you, Marilyn, and 18 ahead of Judith and Marilyn! All the best for your medical procedure.

Beautiful photo, Marilyn.

I had a nice craft morning with my friend. Her husband also plays ukelele so I brought mine and he showed me a few chords. Now I have 10 songs to learn how to play!
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Good Morning All,

Thank you all for your kindness, encouragement and many prayers. You all are so appreciated.

I thank God for your friendship!

Thanks for sharing your time zones, didnโ€™t realize there were that many hours between mine and yours Susan. Linda and Marilyn, we are very close in our time zones; of course, Marilyn and I are both in Canada and live in Western Canada so we have exactly same time zone, we go by the Pacific Time Zone. Right now as I type it is Wednesday morning 8:58am.

Thank you Susan Linda and Marilyn for sharing the Bible Studies you are doing tight now. I love the Book of Ruth; I lead a Ladies Bible Study in Ruth few years back. At present I am teaching in the Book of Joel but last year we studied the Psalms.

Hope you all have a Blessed Wednesday! โค๏ธ๐Ÿ™
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Today I had my colonoscopy. They found two polyps that are being biopsied and a few diverticulti. I have had nothing but clear liquids since yesterday morning and have lost 3 pounds. I am sure that it is not a true weight and the weight will come back once I start eating. I slept for 5 hours after the procedure and now it is time to be thinking about eating dinner.

My son-in-law came home from work with shaking chills and may have covid so we are staying away from him until he gets his covid test back. My granddaughter will be staying home from school since she has spent a lot of time with him. They both got tested for covid today.

Prayers for you all as you go through your days.
    Linda <3
  • LosinSusin
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Linda, prayers for you and your son-in-law and granddaughter. I too get the dreaded polyps and diverticuli.May all your results be good ones and may your family be well.

Judith, thank you for YOUR friendship and prayers. Yes, it feels like we are all closeby when visiting here daily! You are welcome for the Bible study insights too.

Last night we studied Chapter 3 of Ruth.
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    We are having a break in the snow storm this afternoon but more is predicted. So far we have 6 inches with lots of ice underneath the snow which makes driving difficult. My husband drives me where I need to go on days like this.

Judith I am so sorry Covid is taking up the beds in the hospital and you will not have your surgery for several months. I pray for your strength as you as tossed about in this situation. May God be your sturdy source of strength during this time.

Linda ๐Ÿ’–
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    9q4kcw1jovg5.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Judith, I am so sorry about yet another wait for you before you get your melanoma and facial surgery. Who would have thought getting medical help would be so hard. I know the Lord always has you in His hands, and it must also be so difficult for you right now. Prayers continue for you. Hugs.

Linda, so much snow must be a challenge at times. I'm glad hubby can drive you where you want to go. Both of you stay safe!

Marilyn, I love that about couples growing old together.

It was very hot here today and it was cleaning day. I wound up switching on the air conditioning. Tonight we may get a storm, and there could be more tomorrow.

I've been having a hard time typing into MFP lately. I have to type in a separate program then copy and paste it into MFP. Has anyone else had this problem?

Blessings.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    76ki3wgf7fui.jpg

@LosinSusin - sorry to hear you are having trouble typing into MFP. Have not had that problem but it was a bit frustrating to have to log on every day but it seems that they have fixed that which I am grateful for.

Am doing well with my food plan / lifestyle changes = am on Day 4 as I started over on February 15 as I decided it is time to really get serious and lose this weight by the time my next birthday comes - 50 years of having weight to lose is to long to be working on it - want to get it off or most of if by this time next year so that the next 10 years (if I am fortunate to have that many more) can be free of counting calories and that the healthy habits I am making will take over allowing me to have a better life for the length of time I have left.

Well time to go and take care of my sweet daughter who is down with a very bad cold - she has lost her voice and is so uncomfortable but getting better.

Take care
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    We spent 4 hours today at the church sorting and catagorizing books for the school's library. There were so many books I wanted to read as we put them up but I controled my impulse to sit down and start reading. There were quite a few practical books about raising children, marriage enrichment and general topics on being more Godly. I will go back and pick out some books to read later.

We did not get the predicted snow last night but another storm is coming in on Tuesday. My husband will be flying to a conference in Los Angeles on Wednesday so I hope the plane flight are not canceled. He will be gone from Wednesday to Sunday.

I did get my biopsy back from the polyps they removed on Wednesday. I looked it up on Google and it says that they are precancerous but that usually only 4% do become cancer. The doctor will probably have me come in to be checked again in 5 years to see if there are any more at that time. I am glad that he was able to remove them so I do not have to be concerned about the ones he just removed.

• 316Judith
    Options
    Evening Hello Everyone, ๐ŸŒƒ

Marilyn, Thank you for the quotes and scriptures you have shared. Sorry about your daughter being sick, prayers she recovers quickly...

Linda, so glad you got yoyr colonoscopy and good results back. I rejoice with you...

Susan, thank you for your support and kind comments regarding my delayed surgery again, I was really discouraged after the call from Surgeon, sorry I didn't make it back here on Thursday. Just needed to process the news and let God bring strength & His peace back to me.

Marilyn, Susan and Linda and all members, appreciate all your kind comments and your continued prayers as I process this latest delay. I know I will get thru this and know God has His perfect timing.

God Bless you all, have a Blessed Weekend. โค๏ธ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿค—