Chat Cafe

Replies

• LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,439 Member
    Marilyn, I hope you and your family are doing better each day. Hang in there.

Linda, it would be a concern at the change of seasons. I hope that all your plants do not suffer too much in the changing weather.

We have the threat of storms again this afternoon. Our church meeting in person will probably be cancelled as it will be too dangerous on the road. Thankfully we have YouTube.

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,566 Member
    edited March 2022
    Susan - I hope the coming storms are not too destructive to your area. I am glad you can still "attend" church via zoom. It sure does help keep people connected expecially when they are far away. We are getting with two different couples this week via zoom which is very encouraging.

Judith - I hope you are able to maintain your 98#. I have not seen any posts for the last couple of days but am praying that you can and maybe even gain some weight.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    yiyeol18lvue.jpg
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,639 Member
    Good Morning All

Thank you all for keeping the threads going while I was away. A lot going on at my end. Praise God He has seen me through. God is good, All the Time! We serve a Mighty God!

Marilyn; so glad to hear your daughter is doing well and you have less pain, great the meds are bringing the inflammation and pain down. Thank you for sharing the quotes, it’s great having you back, you were missed!

Susan; so happy the rains have slowed down and weather is improving. Hope you enjoyed your quiet day while your hubby was off playing lawn bowls. That was a game my Mom loved, she was in several tournaments and so enjoyed the game!

Linda; hope you had safe travels to your retirement home and are enjoying your time there. Glad you enjoyed the frittata recipe. So happy you enjoyed the Easter Devotions I posted. Todays devotion is really good, let me know how it touched your life.

Blessings all, thank you for your kindness and encouraging words you share here.

God’s Blessings on your week! ❤️🙏🤗
  • Marilynsretired
    hp65gr579cgf.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Judith - I did love the devotional for today. I normally am pretty hard on myself when I realize I have sinned. I do not have grace on myself and struggle having grace on others at times. This legalism divides me from God as well as my friends. I am really praying that I can have the mindset that God has forgiven me accepting me as his child and can stop punishing myself and forgive myself. The idea of second changes is so life-changing and a huge blessing to me when I think about it. I pray that I can instill it in my heart so that from the joy of forgiveness of myself I can transfer this to others.
  • LosinSusin
    That sounds like a wonderful devotional, Judith and Linda. I'll go read it after this

Marilyn, good to see you posting. I wish and pray for all the things you know you need in your heart. 💖

The weather has turned sunny and hot again. We're trying to help those who lost everything in the floods.
  • Marilynsretired
    ug960ztuzgus.jpeg
  • Healthyme7410
    Marilyn that quote is so true. In a "situation" the only change sometimes is me. I can look at it as a stumbling block or a new path to learn something new.
  • 316Judith
    Thank you for sharing, you gals have encouraged me. So happy you are enjoying the Easter Devotionals. Hope you enjoy todays.

Blessings on your day and rest of your week. Love Hugs and Prayers...❤️🤗🙏
  • LosinSusin
    That's one of life's secrets, Marilyn!

Take care of yourselves today. ❤
  • Healthyme7410
    It has been a very busy day! It is 9:30 pm and we are just eating dinner. I will write more tomorrow. Pleasant dreams to everyone.
  • LosinSusin
    Linda, hope everything is alright.

We bought a dwarf lemon tree and some flower seedlings today. It feels nice to have a lemon tree again. We also got the place pest controlled. So we went out to the nursery because we could take our dog there too while the place aired and dried.
  • 316Judith
    Good Morning All 🌅

Linda; you must of had quite the day with finally eating dinner so late, 9:30pm, WOW… Hope all is well with you?

Susan, Dwarf Lemon Tree sounds so nice, I love fruit trees and lemon is extra special. Sounds like a great day for you with buying the seedlings bought and getting ready to plant.

Marilyn, thinking of you and family, hope you all are recovering and feeling better!

Blessings on your day! 😊❤️🙏🤗
  • Marilynsretired
    mj0s0eyn0bim.jpeg
  • Healthyme7410
    We made it fine through the snow storm last night and now it is all evaporated from the roads and grass. It doesn't look like we had any snow today. That is what happens when you live in a low humdity area of the country.

Lemon trees sound delicious but we have weather that does not cooperate with tropical fruit. We visited Florida once on a choir tour from the college and we were able to eat oranges and grapefruit off the trees. They are so much more flavorful than the ones in the store that are picked half ripe.

Tomorrow I start the Parish Nursing course to see if we can adapt it to the needs of our church for volunteer visitation. I had looked at the course and saw that it started at 8:30 in the morning which is a little early for me since I am not a morning person. I was talking to a friend who is also taking the course and she mentioned that the time was Eastern Time and for us in Mountain time it would be 6:30 in the morning. I was so shocked! I had not thought about it originating in New York state. That was pretty silly of me! I am already signed up so I will try to stay awake in the first few hours. It is for three weekends so I think I will be able to make it through. LOL
  • LosinSusin
    Linda, that course is a wonderful thing to do! I hope you can stay awake for the course. I would struggle with that time too. I live in a temperate area but we can grow lemons if the grasshoppers don't eat all the leaves off the tree. My lemon tree is planted in a tub on wheels for our patio garden. Colin is watching out for the grasshoppers for me.

Judith, March is our planting month as it starts to get less hot. We have mild winters, perfect for flowers and vegetables.

Hi Marilyn. I hope everyone is beginning to feel better where you are.
  • Marilynsretired
    b9bvgzokwn7l.jpeg
  • LosinSusin
    That's a great way to start a new month, Marilyn.

Had a nice day here with Archie getting groomed and having new friends over for dinner.

Thinking of you all!

jbv2qd79i7d9.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    p5pgpdyea964.jpg