Chat Cafe

Replies

• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    0j9nh62hu11d.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,566 Member
    Congratulations Susan! She is adorable (the baby) and he is adorable (the dog). I am glad the delivery was safe and it sounds/looks like all are healthy.

I had my graduation today and my husband and daughter were able to join via zoom. For the last 1/2 hour we were allowed to just talk about what we learned and to say a few words to describe our fellow students. It was a blessing to hear what words were given for each of us. Although I was one of the quieter ones, one woman said that when I talked, I was insightful and discerning. I do want to be able to help people with my words that I recieve from God. I certainly do not have the answers but He does.

It is 75 degrees outside so I need to go take a walk before it gets cooler. I have been cooped up in my room way too long!
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,639 Member
    Afternoon All

Have had issues with logging in, keeps tripping me out and each time I log in I’m off line again. Took me a loooong time to finally get here, thank you Lord!

Susan; congrats on the birth of your beautiful Granddaughter, she is Precious! Love her name.

And your puppy is so sweet, love the picture of him!

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Linda, congrats on your Graduation: so sorry you had issues with the internet for your Zoom class with signing in. Looking forward to your Grad pictures. This is so exciting for you. So happy you got your new CPAP machine but sorry it is so noisy, hope you can adjust!

Marilyn thank you for sharing the uplifting and encouraging quotes here. Keep them coming.

Blessings on your weekend everyone! ❤️🙏
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,439 Member
    Congratulations, Linda. That was a big achievement.

Marilyn, hope you are alright.

Judith, sorry you had so much trouble with MfP today. I hope the bug is gone by tomorrow.

Thank you for your good wishes and prayers for my new baby granddaughter. She is doing well but I'd still in hospital.

Puppy is doing well too.

I have a couple of recent cards to show you:

npzf710zaqt0.jpg

s3a6t153d8nt.jpg

• Marilynsretired
    agg1fcqnal4d.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    The next week we have rain, showers and/or frozen mix forcast every day. With the temperatures in the 50's through 60's the roads should be OK at least during the day. When the roads are wet, I have problems seeing the lines on the road during the night. The headlights also have very bright reflections on the roads. I prefer to not drive at night at all.

We have our leaders meeting tomorrow but found out yesterday that we do not need to be there for Tuesday or Wednesday. This is for staff members so I have more days here in Denver to work on the house and Spring cleaning.
  • LosinSusin
    We had a very wet day here today with no chance of hanging my washing out to dry! It's hanging on racks in my living room but I might have to give in and use my power hungry dryer.

I groomed both dogs today and had a friend cone over for tea and puppy cuddles

Here's another card project.

vm9iagang7zf.jpg

• Marilynsretired
    wzn932kk90kn.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Susan - You are so creative with your cards! Do you make up the designs or do you have some books with ideas? I imagine you do them yourself.

I am gradually getting all my every two year health tests done. I had my mammogram and dexa scan today. Both came back normal although there was a slight decrease in calcium in my lumbar spine. It is not enough to be concerned with though.

It was almost 80 degrees today. It felt like Summer but rain is coming tonight so it will be cooling down.
  • 316Judith
    Good Morning All

Susan, thank you for sharing the pictures of your card projects, beautiful cards, love the designs, you are so creative. I love card making and make my own designs, how bout you, by looking at your cards it seems you do the creating. How is your granddaughter today, last update she was being watched and still in hospital but otherwise healthy, Praise God!

Marilyn, so enjoy the quotes you share, the last post on the little boy finding the leaf pressed between the pages and his answer to his Mom was priceless, made me chuckle. Thanks for sharing.

Linda, congrats on your Graduation. Sounds like a lovely ceremony. So happy you and your fellow peers had opportunity to share. Wish I could of been in with those who participated via Zoom. Happy you gained access with no issues as you had in your final class before Grad. I rejoice with you that your 2 year health tests came back as normal. Good News.

Watch for new Team Challenges for April coming on Thursday evening. Hope you will join me.

God’s Blessings on your week! ❤️🙏
  • LosinSusin
    Lol, Marilyn! I did not expect that punchline 😂

Linda, how good that your tests came back with good results! Glad you are doing well.

Judith, Inara is still in special care and has a feeding tube. There's no mention of a going home date yet. Today her Dad gave her her first bath since Mum is still recovering from her Caesarean. Thank you for asking about Inara 💕and thank you for praying for them all.

Archie and Jasper almost played together today! There's a little progress.

Am staying home a lot again as there is some Covid in the village. Col and I are so far well.
  • Marilynsretired
    og499c18irwf.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Judith - I will be praying for your appointment tomorrow at the Dental clinic, I hope it does not tire you out too much. It sounds like a very long appointment.

Susan - thanks for the update on Inara. She sounds like a strong baby and I pray that she is able to progress daily and can have the feeding tube removed. They are so fragile and yet strong as they fight against obstacles when they are born early.

Tomorrow we have lunch with a friend then I donate blood. It is raining tonight that might turn to snow but with the temperatures being so high lately, I am hoping that the snow does not affect the traffic as I travel to the appointments.
  • Marilynsretired
    czonygz5wlpc.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    The snow did not happen and the roads were dry. I can not say the traffic was good because I went to donate blood right at the time people were getting off work. I did not have to go downtown so it was not too bad.

We have a neighborhood cleanup starting Monday in Grand Junction so we are looking at things that we need to get rid of around the house so when we do move there will not be so much to do. We will take the things over the mountain on Sunday so we can have things out by Monday morning over there. It is so nice that our church service is at 4pm so we can travel on Sunday morning when the traffic is not so busy and still make it to church. We are having a savory breakfast for dinner pot luck after church so I do not have to cook much and still can get a variety too. It all works together well for us.

• LosinSusin
    Hi friends.

We had a nice day with breakfast with friends and then running a few errands. Inara had the feeding tube removed but we haven't heard if the little family got to go home today or not. I'm sure they will be in touch soon. It would be a big day, taking her home. And they are all exhausted.

Judith, I hope your dental work started with no further delays. 🙏❤️

• Marilynsretired
    bsm2s7qoa3zd.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Susan - that is wonderul news that Inara has her feeding tube out and may go home soon. I am sure that is a relief to the new parents also. Being in the hospital sitting and waiting is very hard when your child is involved.

Today I needed to go see a friend to pick up something. I was glad to see her because she is not able to get out much due to poor eyesight and is always glad to have visitors. She has a very cute dog also that became my best friend instantly. My friend says her dog is the "needyest" dog she has ever seen because she wants to be the center of attention when anyone comes. I did not mind getting to spend time with the dog althought my dogs were very curious about this new dog's smells on my clothes when I got home.

My daffodill is finally blooming. It is about two weeks late but I am glad to have it brighten up my flower bed. My tulips are just coming up so I think most of the flowers are late this year. Maybe it was because the weather was so cold and snowy late this year also.
  • 316Judith
    Thank you all for your kindness expressed, your prayers and the many comments you leave on here for me.

Marilyn, thank you for all the above quotes shared..Each one always brings Good Food for Thought and Encourages. Keep them coming..

Linda, I can almost see your dogs sniffing your clothes wondering where you have been. I love daffodils, I am sure you are enjoying them. I have both daffodils and tulips coming up.

Susan, I am so thrilled hearing Inara had her feeding tube removed, Hallelujah! I hope Inara can go home really soon with her parents. Glad you enjoyed Breakfast with friends.

To answer some of the queries above:

The Dental referral was based on my ongoing Cancer diagnosis and what all surgeries have done which has left so much dysfunction related to mouth damage. And my Family dentist saying I needed specialized care at Cancer clinic.

Yesterdays consult told me my mouth opening is extremely small due to the surgeries that removed 1/3 of tissue, muscle, skin and in some areas removal of complete nerve. He said due to increased numbness on upper lip and side of face with nerve pain inside and outside of mouth my condition is now a neurological condition. This is why I am being seen by a Neurologist. There is extensive damage, I need surgery; 1. Clean up areas of melanoma and scar tissue. 2. Re-construction that will put the alignment of upper lip and side of nose back in place and stretch out size of inside of mouth. This will take 2 surgeries to complete. Hoping after both consults the surgeon will do the surgery with no further delays that have been postponed multiple times.

I am trusting God for complete healing.

My prayers are always with you..Know I love you much. Appreciate you all sharing here, I read each one. ❤️🙏🤗
  • LosinSusin
    Judith, thank you for the update in your treatment. Ty hat sounds like a lot they have to do. Wish I could hug you! Praying for it all to go ahead as planned.

Yes, Inara got to go home! 🤗 The little family had its first night together last night and all is going well! Thank you all for praying for them. She is coping without the feeding tube so far which is another blessing. They have to do formula feeds as her Mum lost her milk, but it is alright.

Linda, your doggies would have had lots of news to read when you got home? Archie and Jasper played together a few times today. It's good to see. Your flowers sound beautiful. I planted petunias and marigolds recently and they are in bloom. I love the pops of colour. I put some around my new lemon tree (it's in a tub). That looks nice too.

Marilyn, thank you for the inspiration. Thinking of you.