Chat Cafe

Replies

• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    t7v3113xeal9.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,566 Member
    I had a much better night sleeping last night. My new CPAP has had some problems learning my sleep pattern and my husband said that it was very noisy sleeping next to me. It seemed to be too sensitive and each time my breathing slowed, it would put it's blowing power on full force. It was like a tornado in my lungs. It actually felt like I was on a ventilator because it did not stop blowing when I started breathing properly so it was like a fight in my lungs. The brochure said that it could take 30 hours for the machine to "learn" what works for me and it has been about that much time.

I have all my minature lamps packed but I still have a shelf of cups, plates and teapots to pack. I have many memories of using my little tea set with my dolls growing up. Some of them have cracks in them but they are still beautiful. I hope the next generation of girls will appreciate them although having tea parties does not seems to be as popular as they were in my childhood.

thank-you Judith for the update. Do you know how long it will be between the next two surgeries? It probably depends on how quickly you heal so there might not be a certain time frame.

• 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,639 Member
    edited April 2022
    Evening Hello Everyone,

Susan, thank you for kindness and love and yes I too wish I lived closer to be able to give you a Hug too and have fellowship with you..

So happy Inara is home and all is going well. Sorry that “Mommy” lost her milk but glad Inara is taking the formula. Good New, praying she will continue to thrive.

Linda, so glad you are surrounded with lovely flowers. Thank you for saying yes to come onboard as Co-Team Leader joining with Susan to help with the team. I am so thankful that you both will work together with helping me, especially now with all the appointments and the surgery I hope to get soon. I will post in the forum tomorrow where I make the announcement for Welcoming New Co-Leaders to the Team.

God’s Blessings on your Weekend! Happy 1st Day of April! Let’s have a successful month! 😊
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,439 Member
    edited April 2022
    Marilyn, great reminder. Thank you.

Linda, glad your C-Pap machine is learning about you! How uncomfortable to have it blowing full force like that!

Aww, I have some of my old dolls, too. Only one of my five granddaughters is interested in dolls and doll houses and she doesn't want mine! Only Barbie dolls will do! Life has changed a lot hasn't it.

Judith, maybe the new virtual reality technology will make it possible to 'visit' one day! I can't see an overseas flight in my future so maybe technology will one day make it seem as though we are visiting. 🤗

Inara is doing well at home. Everyone here is so happy about her progress.

And Linda, welcome back to your Co-leader ship role on the team! 🎉

• Marilynsretired
    ur2rqj2crcw4.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    I am glad to help in anyway I can. This is such an encouaging group that it is my pleasure. 🥰🙏 We are all in this together on our journeys serving God.

Today is the usual busy day getting ready to travel over the mountain tomorrow. The forecast is for snow at the ski resorts but we are hoping that it is not much on the roads. The resorts of course want to stay open as long as they can so they welcome the snow.

We are having a marriage enrichment date night at the church. The presenters are a married couple who have been through a lot of difficulties but their marriage is strong as well as their son and his wife talking about starting off as newlyweds. They have only been married a few years. It should be interensting to see the two generations share what they have learned over the years.

• LosinSusin
    Linda, you're right. We're all just trying to serve the Lord, but it is still lovely for you to take on the role of co-leader. Safe travels and it would be interesting and fun to attend that marriage enrichment night!

Marilyn, sending strength to you.

We're having a nice Lord's day. We're comforting and supporting one another on the loss of one of our young mothers. She died on Wednesday from a long term illness and half the church was related to her while everyone else was her friend. She had a little 4yo and a husband too. We know she is safe in the arms of Jesus and we will all do what we can for the family left behind for now. 💕
  • Healthyme7410
    Susan - I am so sorry for your loss of your young friend. May God's peace surround you and his love enfold you during this time as you grieve and as you support your other friends.

Our trip has been delayed due to the snow in the mountins but we hope to go later today when the snow turns into rain this afternoon. When we were younger snow would have been no problem but as we grow older we become more cautious and wiser. ☺

The marriage enrichment night was great. It was inspiring to see the young couple strive to make plans for their future with a strong foundation of God in their marriage. The older couple (parents of the young ones) was also inspiring because they are still strong after facing many serious illnesses and events but as the stresses became greater, their love for each other and God increased.
  • 316Judith
    edited April 2022
    Good Morning All

Thank you Linda for coming onboard as our co-team leader, so thrilled to have you join Susan and myself. God’s Blessings my friend. Safe travels over the mountains, hope you don’t get too much snow. Your marriage enrichment date night at the church sounds like it will be such a wonderful evening of sharing what the Lotd has done in your married lives, through all the highs and lows and difficulties you both worked through together. I am sure it will be wonderful to hear each one share and having your son and his wife share their lives from a shorter married life that what you have had.

Susan, I would love to have a virtual visit with you in the very near further. It would be nice for us to travel to each other’s home in person but this would be the next best thing. So sorry to hear of the young Mother passing so young and leaving a 4 year old and her husband. I am sure your church family will gather together and rally around the family during this difficult time of loss. Praying the family are filled with God’s peace and have great comfort knowing their loved one is safe with Jesus.

Thank you Marilyn for sharing the inspirational quotes each day.

God’s Blessings on your day. May your Sunday services be blessed and hope you have a great day with your families. ❤️🙏
  • 316Judith
    Good Morning

Linda, thanks for sharing about your Marriage Enrichment night; sounds like a lovely evening of sharing with each other!

Sorry to hear your trip was delayed due to snow. Hope it clears soon so you can have safe passage through the mountain areas. My prayers go with you.

Marilyn, thank you for all the inspirational quotes you share, they are so encouraging.

Susan, trust your granddaughter is doing well being home and thriving. My prayers are with you all.

Blessings on your day and week ahead everyone.

❤️🤗🙏
  • Marilynsretired
    edited April 2022
    dchj2thplssz.jpg

I found that the above picture says a lot - I know where I live in Canada ( not far from Judith ) the food prices are horrible - our food bill for a month for 3 has gone up by about $300 from what I was in December 2021 = not nice when you are on a fixed income.

Am doing better with respect to recovering from covid - still getting the fatigue daily but it is getting better - and the pain that increased in my back has eased up quite a bit - feels just about back to where it was before (which was not the best as it is daily discomfort)

Food wise - could be better - there are foods I need to avoid due to sugar or flour and for whatever reason those are the foods I am wanting to eat lately - not good as the temptation is great so am working daily at just getting through the day without the sugar and flour. Some days are easier than others.

Tomorrow I get weighed - not sure I want to - last week the scale at TOPS showed a huge loss but my scale showed I was 5 pounds heavier. So really don't know what their scale will be - giving me a little bit of anxiety but all I can do is follow my food plan and let the number fall where it lands. When I follow the plan the scale works well, when I deviate from the plan I feel horrible (meaning my body actually gets sick) so best to stay on track.

Praying for you wonderful ladies

• Healthyme7410
    We made it over the mountain safely by waiting for the sun to shine on the roads to get rid of the snow. With the higher altitude, the sun can quickly melt the snow on the black roads. Our daughter and grandkids are coming to see us and Greatgrandma on Thursday and stay until next Wednesday so we are looking forward to that. They try to come every three months because since Greatgrandma will be turning 90 this year and is declining both mentally and physically.

I am really enjoying seeing our trees begin to bud and grow leaves in the back yard. Our little apple tree that we planted last year it growing stronger and taller. I doubt that we will have any apples this year because it needs to use it's strength toward growing not producing apples. I have heard that if it does try to blossom, we should take the blossoms off to avoid overworking it. I tend to put human thoughts into my plants and it seems that the tree would be so sad to be trying to make an apple and some person would not let it do it. That is like when God prunes us. We are sad that we can not do what we want but ultimately God knows what is best. In our case, the tree does not have any feelings I know and if we removed the blossoms it would be for the best of the tree. My mind goes to weird thoughts sometimes. 😁🍎🌳
  • 316Judith
    Good Morning All,

Marilyn, I so agree with your comment about food prices being so high, I was just thinking that on Saturday when I ordered and paid for my groceries, the bill was about double in price from what I would of paid last year! So sorry about the pain and fatigue you are having as you recover from Covid, but I’m glad you are improving. Have they said you are having the long term affects from having Covid with the pain and fatigue you have? My heart goes out to you and of course my prayers are with you. Hope all goes well at TOPS tomorrow. Thanks again for all your picture images of quotes & encouragement. Big Hugs 🤗

Linda, so happy that you were able to continue your travels over the mountains to your home in Denver. So nice you can be with your kids and grand babies. You mentioned about the grandkids seeing their 90 year old great-grandma, is this your dear Mother? This visit makes it extra special for you all. It is the time of year to enjoy the new growth we see in Spring; so nice you are enjoying your trees, it’s something to look forward to next year with picking apples off your trees. Do you have any other fruit trees or fruit shrubbery on your property? Have a great week catching up with your family. Big Hugs 🤗

Susan, blessings on your day. My thoughts and prayers are with your grand baby and family. Trust all is going well. How is Colin and yourself these days? Hope your asthma has settled down and Colin’s health is better.

God Bless your Tuesday … 🙏🤗
  • LosinSusin
    Hello all. It's good to catch up with what is happening for you all, even though we will always have both good and bad things happening this side of heaven. 💕 One day we'll finally all meet in glory! That day is coming. 🙏

Judith, thank you for asking about my granddaughter. She is home with her parents. They were all so sleep deprived while staying in the hospital, they have gone quiet since coming home. The baby tolerated the feeding tube removal and has a strong voice, so we think she will go from strength to strength, Lord willing. And it would be great to work out a time to do a video chat together! I love that idea. I am in the AEST time zone (Brisbane, Australia). How about you? Also, Colin and I are doing well. I still have lingering asthma and my voice seems to be permanently affected but am much better than I was in September when I first got sick.

Marilyn, it's good to hear you are slowly recovering from Covid. May your healing be complete. I hear you on the cost of groceries and may I add the price of fuel too. It's incredible how the cost of everything has hiked up, and so quickly. I am going to add more vegetable seedlings to pots in our little back yard. I bought a lemon tree and we planted it in a tub.

Linda, I talk to my plants! There have been studies that show plants do respond and grow well when people speak kindly to them or when they are around classical music!! So you're not wierd to me! Lol! Glad you didn't have to go through heavy snow on your trip. I have heard it's extra deep this year. Thank you for your kind thoughts about our young friend's passing. She firmly believed in God. She was our Deacon's daughter and she married into a faithful family. So we're all supporting each other in the Lord. I'm thankful we know where she is. Her husband and little boy will need support. They will get it. 💕

It's bed time here so I must go to sleep. I am teaching a card class tomorrow so better be rested. Here are the cards the class will make:

r2g9ivdlqv64.jpg

rqxr2lhl37xo.jpg

• Healthyme7410
    Beautiful cards again Susan. Whom ever gets them will be blessed with the beauty as well as the thought the person put into them as they made them. It is a shame that people do not send cards very often any more - as least my friends do not. It is nice to recieve a card for no reason other than they are being thought about.

Marilyn - I hope your weight in goes well for TOPS. You did great last week but as I know so well, weight can vary depending on so many including what you are wearing, how much water retention is occurring, how much exercise you are able to do, etc.

Judith - only .2 oz and you will be back to 98!! It is great that you are not loosing weight as you wait for surgery. We should have a big virtural party when you make it to 100# and above! Thanks for continuing to put up delicious sounding recipies for us to try. I get in a rut and having new recipies really help me have more variety.

We are starting a new Bible study in our Tuesday Bible study group called Churches that Heal by Henry Cloud. For the sermons on Sunday we watch a video by Henry and the evengelist preaches on it and then with the weekly group studies we discuss how it applies to each of us. It is nice to have a small group where we can be honest and get advice from other Godly women to help us grow spiritually.

Prayers continue for you all. Thanks for being there and your encouragement to me! 💖
  • Marilynsretired
    h4w74bfk2bb3.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    Thank you for that nice feedback about my cards, Linda. I call them paper hugs! Yes, it is a shame we don't send more, but I do belong to card swap groups and get lots on my birthday that way at least! The three ladies I taught today loved their cards. We had a nice crafternoon. Thank YOU for encouraging ME!

Marilyn, I love Peanuts. I hope all went well for you today.

Judith, thinking of you and praying before you 🙏💕 I think we should celebrate too when you get back to 100lbs!

• Marilynsretired
    c97ol7zui22i.jpg
  • 316Judith
    Afternoon All

Marilyn the last two inspirational posts really touched and encouraged my heart, yes, I push on in Jesus for its Jesus who gives me the Victory! Praise God! ✝️

Susan, love your cards, I too love making cards for my family, my daughter in law at Christmas makes a Banner with all the cards I have made for them at Christmas! Kinda sweet of her, think she likes them 😁 yes I’d like to arrange a video chat with you, My time Zone is Pacific Time; example I’m posting this at 12:20pm Wednesday afternoon! Happy you are doing better with your asthma and Colin is doing well too. And so pleased to hear your sweet granddaughter continues to thrive.

Linda, your Sunday Morning Sermon Video series sounds so awesome and your weekly Bible Study. It’s wonderful when we can learn from one another and encourage each other. God is Good! Yes, grocery costs are so high these days, good idea in planting more veggies this season. Been thinking if you do the same, in time I will be able to eat normally so planting and harvesting veggies & herbs can be frozen for future cooking.

Thank you Ladies for cheering me on with my weight maintenance and soon “gain”!

YES, I am looking forward to celebrate with you gals when I finally reach 100lbs. And it’s not too far away, at present I’m 98lbs. So 100lbs here I come… YES!!! 😁📣📣
  • Healthyme7410
    edited April 2022
    Yea!! Judith 🎈🎉- you made it back to 98#. You have us cheerleaders jumping for joy for you. You asked about the "Grandma" turning 90 this year. It is my mother-in-law. She is the last living parent in our family. My parents were much older than my husband's parents when I was born so we lost them much earlier than his parents. My mom would have been 106 this year if she was still living. She left us in 2008 at 91 years old.

Our weather turned much colder yesterday. We had a lot of wind and we were without power for a while. There was a freeze warning out which was pretty scary because we have a lot of apricot trees just starting to bloom in the valley but so far I have not heard that the trees were damaged. Our apple tree or mulberry tree have not started blooming yet so they are safe.

Susan - My prayers continue for your grandbaby. It is hard when you are not near and they are struggling. It sounds like she is doing well now though. I hope the whole family is able to get some needed rest.