Replies

• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,515 Member
    Options
    2nsp0k9neiv3.jpeg
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 7,625 Member
    Options
    So happy you made it over the mountain safely and hear about you getting your decorations up...I am sure they are so pretty...

Good Evening <em>524</em> 🌃

*° 。* ** Dropping by to Say Hi˚*° ˚** * * 👋
    ° 。 ° ˚* _Π_____*。*˚ ° 。 ° ˚*
    ˚ ˛ •˛•*/______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛ ° 。 ° ˚*
    ˚ ˛ •˛• | 田田|門| From My Home to Yours 🏡
    **° 。* ° ˚*° 。 ° ˚*° 。 ° ˚*° 。 ° ˚*° 。 ° ˚*° 。 ° ˚°
    And wish you a Blessed Evening... God Bless 😊
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 4,718 Member
    Options
    We're on the road now with our van, traveling to family 1695kms away. It takes us several days to travel that far. It is very hot in Australia right now as it is summer so the air conditioner in our car and van is crucial!

Hubby needed a nap at lunch time so we pulled over for him to rest. Being off power it was very hot so I stayed awake to make sure he didn't get too hot. His.phone rang and he woke up and we were on our way again.
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 9,854 Member
    Options
    I pray for safe travels for you Susan. Do you take turns with the driving? Thank-you so much for stepping in to help with the team. You are a good friend and support to us.

Rain, snow and high winds were predicted for overnight but all we got was the wind. Today it is still windy but not as high as it was during the night. I could hear it outside our window as it whooshed around the corner of the house.

We have a person coming today to check our foundation to see if we need some repair work. Our fireplace has a crack behind it where it is separating from the wall. When we had our remodel done the team said they could not tell if it was a new problem or it it had been there for a long time. I am hoping it will not cost a lot to fix if it is a problem.

• Marilynsretired
    Options
    n709kabcs4j5.jpg
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Thank you all for sharing; Marilyn, the Prayer you posted, I say a Hearty AMEN! Praise God! ✝️

Susan, praying for safe travels as you are travelling now; have a good trip..

Linda, praying for you, hope the foundation assessment comes back as a good report! And hope the assessment and repair of your fireplace cracks can be repaired with minimal costs,

God’s Blessings all, have a Blessed Day…

0m4a8zfca29d.jpeg
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    The man that came to look at our fireplace said that it was still within limits for the age of the house. It is expected that the heavyness of the brick fireplace will cause some stress on the foundtion and just to monitor to see if the gap gets any bigger. If it does, we can call them back to check it again. I am so glad that he was an honest employee and did not try to make it seem worse than it was and have us pay to fix something that really did not need it yet.

It is another cold but bright sunny day. I did not bring my big warm winter coat with me when we traveled so I will have to wear a lighter coat with my heavy hoody sweatshirt together to keep warm when I go outside. At the time I left my coat I thought we would not be having such cold weather here - bad decision!
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Linda and Judith, thank you for your good wishes and prayers. Our travels have been free of troubles so far! We've been two nights on the road and are resting today before moving on tomorrow.

Linda, so glad the fireplace is going to be fixable. Does he bby have a warm coat you can borrow from him? Brrr.

Judith and Marilyn, thank you for the blessed hope reminders of the legacy we have in Christ.
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Yesterday and today I am making Christmas Star rolls for our friend's as presents. My husband is helping do it which is a great help. He is more geometrically talented with cutting the circles with the correct lines. Tonight we are having a Christmas party with three other couples and having soup and salad. I am also making christmas trees for the meal that has a half cherry tomato on the bottom then a slice of cucumber twisted into a "S" shape then a cheese star on top to make a Christmas tree. I have not done them yet to we will see how artistic I can be. I'm not sure I described it enough for you to imagine. Maybe if I am successful, I will try to download the picture.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    16a1dyl8p110.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    8qddo1nfdhxs.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    💑🎈🎁 Happy Anniversary Marilyn! I hope as you remember this special day, it is filled with joy. As you have shared about your husband being so supportive, I am sure you have many memories of this journey you have traveled together.

I'm sorry I do not have a picture of the cucumber Christmas trees that I said I would have. They were all eaten before I remembered to take a picture. I learned a lot about what not to do (I need firmer cheese, the cucumber needs to be sliced thicker, etc) so when the grandkids come next week, I will have a better tree to offer for Christmas dinner.
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Happy anniversary, Marilyn!

Linda, that sounds like a lovely snack. I would love to see how you made your cucumber Christmas trees 🤗

Been on the road a LOT the last few days and am very tired!
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    We were meeting at the university center on campus for church but we have been having scheduling problems with them so we are trying to find a church to rent for services. We only have 40 members so at this point we can not affort to buy our own building. Today we look at a second building and will be meeting at 2pm. It feels very different to meet in the afternoon but was great for me not to have to get up early and get ready this morning. I got several things accomplished already. After church we will be taking groceries to my mother-in-law and spending time with her. We have not seen her for a month since we were in Denver during that time.
  • LosinSusin
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Your church sounds like ours, Linda. We rent a school hall that sometimes isn't available.

Still driving to our destination.
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    I am contiuing to make the Christmas stars cinnamon rolls for presents. I am getting it like an assembly line now. I have 5 more to go and am done. I am so glad that my husband is helping form them for me.

I heard today that my daughter and family will be coming a day earlier than we expected for Christmas. Snow is predicted on Thursday so they will be coming in on Wednesday night instead of Thursday afternoon. We have a lot of apples to process that we got from my mother-in-law's trees a few weeks ago and my daughter wants to make apple pie filling to freeze for later. It will be fun to work together and the work goes so much faster too.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    c4g9c2rfyjqe.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    We're still on the road today. The road itself is a bit of a roller coaster - straight but wavy up and down. We have to travel more slowly as we are towi g the van and don't want to shake it up too much. There's a road train in front of us with three cabooses full of cattle. They are going slowly too. We don't bwant to pass them as we can only go their speed anyway and it's such a dangerous road to try passing such a long vehicle while towing ourselves. Just pulled over to stop for a couple of wide loads of mining equipment to pass. It's coal mining country out here and there's gold here too.

I just realised we didn't bring and Christmas decorations for the van. Maybe my little granddaughters will want to help me buy a few and fasten them to our cupboard door handles. That would be fun.
  • LosinSusin
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Here's the road train. It just turned to go into a farm!

v3scl30dd2yr.jpg
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Thank you all for sharing, know my thoughts and prayers are always with you.. Had a pre-op appointment this morning a 70 minute teleconference call with Nurse and with a anesthetist regarding my colon issue! Will bring a prayer request for the end of December before I have my surgical procedure!

f498edi2qouk.jpeg