Chat Cafe

Options

Replies

• 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 7,533 Member
    Options
    Awesome, so happy to hear this Linda. Yes I agree, it is fun to gather with friends sharing each others company, so happy you had that time....

rlolm5zntwfi.jpg
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Good Morning,

May your day be filled with God's abundant blessings....😊🙏🤗

225a7j9o521k.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,507 Member
    Options
    b75oacpq8llv.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 9,824 Member
    Options
    It was so nice to sleep in my own bed last night. A hotel bed in a unfamiliar environment does not make it easy for me to relax. I even slept longer than I expected so I feel well rested.

I donated blood today. The blood donation people have been calling me every week to beg me to give due to the blood shortage. I am a person who is called a "universal donor". (My blood can be given to anyone in an emergency.) Last week they called and I told them I was donating this week and they called again this morning. I told them I was donating in a few hours. They need to get their books straight so they stop calling when I have already signed up. At least they are persistant. 😁

After donating I stopped at a used clothing store and found what I had been looking for in the regular stores but did not want to spend that much money. I paid $7 for two items that are really in good condition. I like to shop at these stores because they support the disabled by hiring them.
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Awesome Marilyn, so happy you were able to donate blood! That’s great you found what you have been looking for and got it at great price.

Way to Go…

glsabum0obm3.jpeg
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 4,667 Member
    Options
    Linda, how ful to have a special time with hubby and then with friends! I'm so glad you had a nice time after all your medical treatments. 💗

Judith, how are you doing? Praying for you.

Marilyn such a pretty butterfly.

I am feeling maybe 5% better today so still battling to get on top of asthma and bronchitis. It's a real energy stealer.
  • Healthyme7410
    edited October 2021
    Options
    My husband and I both had Medicare Wellness appointments at the doctor's office. He said we are doing well and do not have dementia. That is always good to know. I had him check a rough spot on my skin and he said it was not anything to worry about and called it a "barnacle". I'm not exactly excited about that name so he gave me the medical name which sounded much better. He has a good sense of humor. We have known him for over 30 years.

We pulled up all the carrots and beets yesterday and now I need to use them up. My daughter is coming over to take some too. We will cut and freeze the last of the apples before we leave on Friday to go over the mountin to our other house.
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    We are working on apples today again. The house smells wonderful but it is a lot of work. I am so grateful for a bountyful crop even if I am so tired of looking at apples right now.

We are taking a meal to a friend who just got out of the hospital after having Covid. She was in an induced coma for over a week but is doing well now. She does not like fruit or vegetables so this meal was hard to think what to make. I am making chicken pot pie which she did say she could eat. I have eaten at her house multiple times. She is a wonderful cook but I did not realize that she did not like what she cooked. I had wondered why she would send lots of food home with me. Now I know that she did not like them.

It rained quite a bit last night and the leaves are coming down from the trees quickly. We will have to let them dry out some before we rake them. We will put some on our flower beds to keep them warm over the winter. My husband also runs the mower over them to help mulch the grass.
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Below is a Blog I shared on my FaceBook Profile: Hope you enjoy!

On Wednesday I came home from an appointment to receiving a Beautiful Bouquet and note from my Pastor, David P. Silver which has encouraged and blessed me so much. What stood out in Pastor David’s hand written note was “Jesus being with me in the Storm” And yes, these past 2 years as I have battled the diagnosis of Malignant Spreading type Melanoma, ongoing Surgeries and treatment has so reinforced the fact that Jesus is with me and I am continuously surrounded by so many who love and care about me. Yes, I feel so loved and cared for. Thank you & God Bless you Pastor David for sending me this Beautiful Bouquet! 😊

n47pabrh1vf9.jpeg
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    What a beautiful surprise! I am glad you recieved encouragement from you Pastor. We all need that in our lives but you especially with the last 2 years of health issues. We continue to pray for strength and faith during this journey.

We traveled today accross the mountain. We are in our quiet "sanctuary" which is nice after a month in a busy household with 2 dogs, both vying for attention from me. I do enjoy being with the grandkids, dogs and family but once in a while I just need a little peace and quiet - which is what we have here in our retirement home.

We had some people staying at this house while we were gone. People from the church sometimes have family in town but do not have space to have them stay at their house so we offer our house while we are gone for family and friends to stay here. It keeps the house looking like it is not abandoned to outsiders and it is a belessing to be able to serve in this way.

We found out yesterday that someone at the marriage retreat had Co-vid and did not know it. They left immediately when they realized that they had a positive test. So far I have heard of 5 people who were exposed who are now testing positive. They do not seem to have severe symptons presently which I am so glad about. One person was the one we had lunch with after the retreat and we hugged good-bye. Since we had Co-vid so recently, we are not concerned that we will get it again. My doctor said my body is in "fighting mode" from already having it so not to worry about getting a booster for at least 3 months. If we do, we could have more severe side effects than if we let our bodies settle down a bit so it does not react as much.
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    What a long to-do list I have. I am trying to just do one item at a time and not feel overwhelmed. There is quite a lot to get caught up when I have been gone for a month. Our friends that stayed at our house left everything cleaned up. They even took the trash with them. They must have brought their own towels because they did not use ours. People who stay and clean up after themselves are a true jem! They also gave me a 1000 peice puzzle of the Monument - a local rock formation that is really beautiful. I am still working on the puzzle that I recieved last Christmas so it may be a while before I start this one. :)

Judith, I am concerned that you ahve not been on here for a few day. I assume that you are having some difficult times so am praying for strength and improvement for you.
  • 316Judith
    Options
    So sorry I was away but after my appointment had couple challenging days and yesterday found out I had lost a good friend, a family friend since the mid 80's so its been tough for my friend's wife and family and the rest of us.

I am back now and will catch up as best I can. Tomorrow is October 31st last day of our challenge...

New Challenges come out Sunday night, hope you will join me...

God's Blessings.....🙏❤️

26at5eszylky.jpg
  • 316Judith
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Good Morning Friend's

I was here earlier catching up after being away' please read my Saturday's Blog for my updates on reason I was away....Thank you my Friend's....

Sunday Morning Greetings,

..(✲) (✲)
    ✲) ◕‿◕ (✲
    ...(✲) (✲) ★Dropping by to Say Hi ★ 👋
    .......║•.☆
    .......║ ∕⁀•´e ♥ •.¸★ ´e ♥ •.¸★ ´e ♥ •.¸★
    .......║-.¸★¸.☆ On This The Lord's Day ♥`•.¸☆
    .. ⁀\║∕⁀•.¸ ´e ♥ •.¸★ ´e ♥ •.¸★ ´e ♥ •.¸★
    \¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯/
    ¯\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯/¯
    ...\_____/...
    May your Day be Blessed Abundantly...🌅
    Enjoy your Sunday Services ⛪️ and Family Time Together 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦
    Have a Blessed Week ahead....😊🤗
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Today was an exciting day at church. After the service we had a campus student who was baptized in the river and made Jesus Lord of his life. He had the chance to use a hot tub but he chose to be baptized in the river. They said the water was pretty cold and it will be a memory for him to cherish for the rest of his life.

A lot of the leaves are off of the trees now in our area. I used to feel sad to see the leaves go and the trees be so bare but someone said that this is the time the trees get to rest after working so hard during the summer. It is not a sad time for them to loose their leaves but a time for them to rejoyce that they are being rewarded for their hard work by a rest period where they can regain their strength so they can be their best for the Spring. That has helped me not feel depressed with the coming of Fall.
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Praise the Lord, I always have enjoyed being a part of the Baptismal Services at our Church...I agree this young man will remember the day he fully surrendered his life as he was Baptized in the river ✝️
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Good Morning All, 🌅

Here we are beginning a Brand New Month! Hard to believe its November; the days, weeks and months are flying by.

My prayer is that we will have the best month ever, that we will grow stronger in the Lord and be the healthiest yet, that is not only physically but spiritually. That we will grow in Mind Body and in Spirit bringing Glory to our Lord in all that we do!

May your day be blessed abundantly and may you have a wonderful week... 🌟

Let's Shine for Jesus and be the Best we can be....pnwgcgsm939h.jpg
  • semsmith5408
    semsmith5408 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Sorry I’m not on here very much. I’ll get use to it one of these days! Our weather is still a little more like fall as it is cooler. Living in Florida it doesn’t really change that much like other areas. I’m able to walk most any part of the day though so that’s good. Happy November everyone!
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Today has been a hard day emotionally. I am trying to get back to gratefulness which will set me on a positive note. This month, expecially, is a month dedicated to being thankful. I am thankful that Jesus is with me and can help me through my frustrations which as so small compared to what others are enduring.

Tonight I am going to a birthday party for our minister's wife. Getting with friends is always encouraging. I hope we can make her feel very special.
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Good Morning 🌻

Linda, I'm so sorry you are having a rough day. My prayers are with you that the Lord will bring healing and comfort to your emotions. Hope attending the Birthday party for your Minister's wife will lift your spirits up. We are living in very trying times and with everything going on it can be so frustrating. All we can do is keep looking to the Lord to give us strength and carry us through these difficult days.

Susan, no need to apologize, we understand, life can be busy and with all the changes in our world of late with Covid and other things it is hard at times to keep up, it's so nice to see you here today, so happy that where you live weather still allows you to keep up with your walking, thats great exercise.

Have a Blessed day and enjoy your week everyone...Keep your Sparkle and Keep Shining 🌟🤗🙏
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Today is a much better day for me. Going to the birthday party forced me to be more outgoing and to think about others which was what I needed. My husband and I were laughing about yesterday this morning. It did not seem so funny at the time yesterday but now I see how inward focused it was and how God answered by blessing me with friends who care. Thank-you Judith for your encouragement.

Our bible study was canceled today because the leader has co-vid. At the marriage retreat, one person was not aware that they were positive while attending and now I have heard that 21 people who were there have gotten a positive test. Most are not very sick but still very tired and achy. I was hoping the virus had gotten less but obviously it still has a big hold in our area.