Chat Cafe

Options

Replies

• 1crazydog
    1crazydog Posts: 590 Member
    Options

Monday: Early start w/labs and ultrasound. Dr. appt. @ 11:1 5

Did get to meet my friend from my days as a student nurse! Nice.

HUGS and terrific Tuesday.

Susan: Hope you feel better. Archie is a sweetie!

Joyce: You will be missed! Blessings. We have to do what is best for ourselves, though.

Healthy: Sorry your DH is still struggling w/respiratory issues from Covid. *SIGH* It is just nasty.

Sounds like the estate sale was a success for you finding treasures!

Judith: Hope you’re having less pain. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

AND thank you for all the hard work you put into this group.
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 9,824 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving Day to you all too. I think having a "thanksgiving" day more often than just once a year is necessary. In spite of negative things happening, it is important to also see the positive things that happen. Our dogs got in a fight today and one was injured and is limping. My granddaughter is very concerned but we tried to find positive things about the situation - the injury is not life threating, the dog is able to walk some, the call to the vet said if she is better tomorrow, we do not need to bring her in, and it is now very calm in the house. I think the puppy was more scared than hurt and maybe our older dog was just trying to assert her dominance with the puppy who by the way is a very large puppy weighing 40# and who jumps on me and almost knocks me down. She is not a fragile little puppy!
  • 1crazydog
    Options
    Tuesday: Getting ready to head back home. Successful trip thank goodness. Jas doesn’t have to have a check on the thyroid till next year, now. PHEW.

Have a terrific Tuesday.

HUGS

Healthy: Glad that the puppy is doing better. Hard when dogs have to assert who's 'leader of the pack'.

• 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 7,533 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Awesome, I am rejoicing with you that Jas has received a Good Report; thanks for sharing the Good News regarding his thyroid, have a safe trip back home, so happy puppy is doing better…🤗😇🙏

qqk90l9onbch.jpeg
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    The puppy is back to herself jumping on everyone and trying to play. My daughter thought she might have to take her to the vet because she was having problems sitting down and favoring her leg last night before bed but today she is doing great. We are happy we did not have a vet bill to pay for them to say she was OK!

My daughter-in-law cleaned out her closet and gave me quite a few blouses and 2 pairs of pants. It is the size that I am in now so I feel really good with clothes that fit me. It is hard to go on a walk when your pants are falling down because they are too loose and I forgot to pack a belt. 😊

I am so grateful Jas had a good report and you do not need to travel back there for another year. I hope you were able to have some fun times on the trip and not just business.

My husband picked all our tomatoes today since it is supposed to freeze tomorrow. I am not sure what to do with all the green tomatoes. I do have a good green tomato relish recipe I can use some for butI will not use all of them for that. It lasts a long time. Actually we still have some relish in the freezer from last year. We will need to pick the apples tomorrow. I will be busy getting them ready to freeze then. I also have my third leg treatment so it will be a busy day.
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 4,667 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving, Judith. I hope you had a lovely day of celebrating with family and friends. Happy Thanksgiving to any other Canadians on the team.

It is hard to say goodbye to friends who have been on our forum for a long time. I will miss Joyce also. If she needed to cut down, though, I am happy for her to find a balance in her life.

I still have a cough but am getting slightly better each day. Thank you all for your good wishes and prayers.

Healthy, I sure hope your husband starts to feel better soon. Those I know who have had Covid have taken a long time to recover. It seems to be like a bad flu that just lingers on. And you are right about estate sales showing you how are things are not as important as we think they are. It's a timely reminder to try to simplify my life. Otherwise, our children are going to have to deal with it all. We did downsize when we moved in May, but I still have a tremendous amount of stuff.

Judith I hope you are feeling alright today. Thinking of you.

Praying for you all.
  • 1crazydog
    Options
    Wednesday: Wow! Fast, fast week. We arrived home yesterday afternoon and I am tired! Did most of the driving. It rained/drizzled/stormed, road construction and detours. BUT we made it safely. Thank goodness.

So happy for Jason’s good news that things are all well. We don’t have to return for a year.

HURRAY!

Today . . . . catch up on laundry, etc.

HUGS

Healthy: Glad puppy is herself again.

Oh goodness, so wonderful you got clothes in your size now.

You can put green tomatoes in a paper bag and they’ll ripen. Have to keep an eye on them.

Susan: Glad you’re getting better.
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Working on getting apples ready to freeze today. It was 33 degrees last night so no frost but it is coming tonight. There is snow in the mountains but we have not gotten any at our house yet. The weather will warm up again by the end of the week.

Had my leg laser procedure this morning and am a little sore. I did take some Tylenol and laid down so I feel better now. I will be glad when this is over! It is too early to see if it is effective but I am so glad I can not see the bulging veins anymore on my thigh.

The dogs are best friend again. We thought the younger dog would be afraid of the older one after being aggressively treated but she seems to have forgotten it all. Of course, us humans are still remembering the scary time.
  • 316Judith
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Good Evening Hello

...(¯`v´¯)
    .....•.¸.•´

...¸.•´
    .. (
    ☻ /
    /▌♥ FRIENDS
    / \
    . ╬═╬
    ..╬═╬
    ..╬═╬
    ..╬═╬ \O
    ..╬═╬ /▌
    ..╬═╬ //
    ..╬═╬
    ..╬═╬
    ..╬═╬
    ..╬═╬
    ..╬═╬
    ..╬═╬Help each other.....
    ..╬═╬
    ..╬═╬
    ..╬═╬
    ..╬═╬ \O
    ..╬═╬ /▌
    ..╬═╬ //
    ..╬═╬.....on the ladder to better health!
    Just wanted you to know how much I appreciate your friendship and support..
    And wanted to wish you a great evening and Thursday ahead 🌌🤗
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    It's rainy here too. We had a thunderstorm overnight as well.

Today we brought our plants home. Friends had been looking after them since May as we moved and travelled. It's nice to have the plants back. It makes a difference to how the yard and house looks and feels.

• 316Judith
    Options
    Thursday Blessings, sounds so nice Susan, I love plants, and been enjoying all my flowers and plants I received for my birthday...

We are under a weather advisory alert starting Friday thru to Sunday with rainfall totals ranging from 75 to 150 mm over 2 days.

Our temps are low of 43 degrees and a high of 45 degrees with cloudy skies

bmvriskeymip.jpg
  • 1crazydog
    Options
    Thursday: Have to make a grocery run. Tha’s the ‘big outing’ for today. We’re sill just a little tired, but it’s a good tired.

Rained yesterday. Hope that today we see a little sunshine!

Caught up now with laundry and other things, so that feels good!

Hard to believe it is AGAIN Friday EVE. Lord.

HUGS

Healthy: Wow! 33 for you. Haven’t reached the 30’s yet, but it will be 40 tonight. Good luck with getting your apples ready to freeze.

Glad that you were able to control your discomfort from your laser treatment w/Tylenol and a bit of rest.

Awwww glad the fur babies are getting along again.

Judith: Good afternoon.

Stay safe in the storms!

Susan: Glad you got your plants back!
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    It got down to 31 last night but the apples seem to be OK. The tomato plants look a bit wilted. The waether is supposed to warm up now to 71 on Sunday so I am glad we left some apples on the tree to ripen some more.

Susan - I am glad you got your plants back. How is Colin doing? I am thinking especially his eye.

Barb - I'm glad you are "caught up" on things. It seems my "to' do" list just keeps getting longer and longer.
  • 1crazydog
    Options
    Friday: Well, we have gotten to FriYaY! Fabulous!

Jason has hand PT this afternoon. That’s our outing for today.

HOPE it’s a wonderful Friday for all.

HUGS

Healthy: Oh my . . . from 31 to 71. Quite the temperature spread!

Yes, the to do list does expand!

• 316Judith
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Thanks for sharing everyone! Some great news. Hope Jason’s PT goes well. So glad you got the plants back Susan and I too trust Colin’s eyes are doing well. Also trusting your laser treatment went well Linda.

Wow temps ranging from the 30’s to 70’s you all are having, quite a range 😳 hope you all have a great day and stay safe!

We are still under a Weather Advisory Alert: trusting the “*kitten*” hold back the flash rushing waters keeping us safe who live in the low lying areas. Thanks for your prayers for safety! 🙏

ndan22fxzam2.jpeg

• 1crazydog
    Options
    Saturday: Breakfast @ the diner! Hurray!

Cool and rainy. Autumn is here.

Hugs and enjoy

Judith: Yes the PT is slowly but surely helping bit by bit.

Definitely prayers for safety with your weather.
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Judith - what is the "kitten" that will hold back the floods? I have not heard that term. It is a beatiful day in the 60's and we have lots planned for the day. It started out with a good visit over zoom with some friends we have known since our kids were little and now they are in ther 40's. We have shopping and going to the gym later today. I also need to make an audit of the missing items from admission files from the school and send out reminders. This is not one of my favorite things to do but needs to be done to get the files complete. You would think college students would not need reminders but unfortunately they forget
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Hi everyone. I hope you are all safe and staying well.

The plants are doing well in our nice weather before summer kicks in hard. I am really enjoying having them.

Judith and Linda, thank you for asking about Colin's eyes. His bad eye has healed as much as it can so he got new glasses this week. The healthy eye is staying healthy so far.

Blessings to you all this Lord's Day.

• 1crazydog
    Options
    Sunday: Blessings on this Sunday.

Cool weather, but it’s Fall. Crisp. Loving it.

Made a trip to Walmart. Lots of empty shelves. **SIGH** But did get sink mats and slippers that I needed.

Will take Miss Lilly to the park so she can burn off some energies.

Have a good day!

Healthy: Had a beauty of a day yesterday and it’s a repeat again today!

Isn’t it just mystifying how our friends’ kids can be in our 40’s and . . . we are, too! LOLOL Wish it worked that way, right!

Oh college kids have lots on their minds, and not necessarily having school as a top priority in their thoughts. Good luck!

Susan: Glad your plants are enjoying the warmth.

Glad that Colin’s bad eye is healed as much as it can. Hope the new glasses help. AND good news that the good eye is staying healthy.
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    We had an encouraging in person church service today. We also had a meeting about diversity after the church. We were able to have an informative discussion with our members who had faced discrimination because of their race or disabilities. It was so sad to see how they were treated and how hurt they were. I grew up in an all white farm community and did not even realize what people of color went through as they were growing up.