Chat Cafe

Options

Replies

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 9,837 Member
    Options
    We are going up in the mountains tomorrow to see the colors. The trees in town here have not started changing but the higher altitude and colder weather makes the mountains change sooner.

Your picture reminds me of the benediction we used to sing at the end of the church service when I was a little girl. It holds many good memories.
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 7,589 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, safe travels, hope you enjoy your trip up to the mountains! If you can please share some pictures of your time up in the mountains enjoying the Fall colours!

vivdpmjadzon.jpeg
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    My husband will need to help me download the pictures into here. It was a beautiful trip and there were even some pictures with red and orange in them. npsvjgyfhi6x.jpg
  • Asobfalls
    Asobfalls Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    My 96 year old Dad's TV was not working. After 3 weeks got my son to come over and check it out. ... Dad had unplugged it! Why? He needs to use some brain cells in order not to lose them. TV is better than always total silence of being alone in his room.
    I need to find out when the next football game is and be down there to turn it on for him...or get him down to the activity room where others are watching.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,509 Member
    Options
    6x39t7stm3ri.jpg

@Asobfalls - must say that though it really is not funny what happened with your dad and the tv made me smile - my dear mom passed 11 years ago at age 93 and she could not hear well so we would talk very loud and she would always say 'why are you yelling at me' but if we lowered our voice she would say 'speak up you speak to quiet' = interesting when you get to that age we just dont remember things - mom kept forgetting that she could not hear well - and she also could not see to well - quite the combination - miss her a lot

Having a relaxing day - being retired we find that we never have to rush for many things as we have so much more time to do all that needs to be done. We really love the new church we have been going to now for 5 months - Monday through Saturday while having breakfast we go to the website for the church and click on a sermon from the Pastor. He started at the church in 2018 and we are in October 2019 of listening to his past sermons. When we get all caught up with them then we will go back and listen to all that the assistance pastor has done - a great way to get to know them.

Am feeling a bit chilled today - the cooler weather has started so that could be part of it. So am going to snuggle up with a good book plus the Bible for some time today also will work on the next blanket for the homeless.

This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it = Psalm118:24

- Marilyn
  • 1crazydog
    1crazydog Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Saturday: Well, decided to zoom breakfast today, but did get take out. Since we’ve enjoyed the breakfast quesadilla, we decided to get it again. Delicious.

Today is vacuuming, floors and the kitchen. They’re in pretty good shape, so shouldn’t take long to complete.

It is the last Saturday of September. WHAAATTTTT?? So better enjoy it.

HUGS
  • 1crazydog
    Options
    Saturday: Well, decided to zoom breakfast today, but did get take out. Since we’ve enjoyed the breakfast quesadilla, we decided to get it again. Delicious.

Today is vacuuming, floors and the kitchen. They’re in pretty good shape, so shouldn’t take long to complete.

It is the last Saturday of September. WHAAATTTTT?? So better enjoy it.

HUGS
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    We are winterizing our house today since we will be gone all of October. Our swamp cooler is unhooked so I hope we are done with hot weather! Our children worry about my husband getting up on the roof to unhook the cooler but we take it easy and I hold on to the ladder while he goes up and down. I'm not sure what I would do if he fell but he feels safer if I am holding on to the ladder. I picked a bunch of beets today so we will be having beets for dinner and I will eat the tops myself. That is one thing that my husband does not really like so I have them all to myself. Yummy! :)
  • 316Judith
    Options
    h7n0e6cwtagm.jpg
  • 316Judith
    Options
    6v9xt2wamwyf.jpeg
  • Asobfalls
    Options
    There is a "Kansas City Chiefs" football game at noon...I'm going to get Dad into his ball cap and fleece Chiefs throw and get him down to the activity room where they should have the game on...perhaps he can enjoy the game with others. Since it starts at noon, he can probably get a hot dog as well!
    Football is something I have never watched, but I am trying to bring it back for him.
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Zoom church service today since we are still coughing. We are not contageous but for the comfort of others, it is best we worship at home. Our minister just had a new baby in the past month and he was telling stories about his adventures this month. It brings back memories for us even if out last baby was 39 years ago.
  • 1crazydog
    Options
    Monday: Well, here is Monday here again! Hope it’s a good one.

Beautiful weather yesterday and supposed to be all week. Thankful for that.

HUGS and motivated Monday.

Asbo: Hope your Dad was able to enjoy the game. Saw the coach was taken of field by ambulance. Hope all is well w/him.

Healthyme: Awwww, your pastor will have many more stories to tell. Good you did the zoom church service. Been continuing to do that, too. Have to stay safe, stay healthy.

• LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 4,704 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone. We're home from our two months of travelling so I have Wifi again. It's nice to be home though I loved visiting family and friends again 💕
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Thanks everyone for sharing while I was away, today, feeling better than I was...preparing for my echocardiogram which has now been scheduled for Wednesday October 6th at 4:00pm so pleased this test is getting done, here's hoping my surgery can be scheduled soon..Will keep you posted...

God's Blessings on your day!

6u5rnn0vi6cp.jpg
  • 1crazydog
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Tuesday: Jason had his PT appt. yesterday and did well. Will be evaluated on Thursday. He has his hand appointment tomorrow and Thursday.

Have a tech coming for the internet on Thursday. Just slower than molasses and shouldn’t be.

Gorgeous day yesterday – sunny and in the 70’s. Today is supposed get up to 69. Nights are cool . . . in the 40’s.

HUGS and terrific Tuesday.

Judith: Prayers. Health care has certainly been slowed down by this pandemic.
  • Asobfalls
    Options
    Not sleeping well. Under the 'no good deed goes unpunished' we had opened our home to a person in need and were left with bedbugs. Months later, $$$ later and I am still in distress with poor sleep.
    But it is a beautiful day and God is good to us!
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    We traveled over the mountain yesterday to be in Denver for a month so I can get some varicose vein procedures. The first one is tomorrow and he said it "might hurt a bit". He also told me not to go on U-tube to see what he was doing. Of course, that was the first thing I did because I feel if I am prepared to know what is being done, I can handle things better. That comes from being a retired nurse and wanting to learn about things.

I am so great that my husband has good reflexes as we drove yesterday. We were involved in two incidents that were near accidents - totally not my husband's fault. People do not make very smart decisions when they drive sometimes. I am very greatful for a safe trip.
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Praying for you as you have your varicose vein procedures, I too am thankful you and your husband are safe, thankful he is a good driver and is alert on the road....

Good Morning

*° 。* ** Dropping by to Say Hi˚*° ˚** * *
    ° 。 ° ˚* _Π_____*。*˚ ° 。 ° ˚*
    ˚ ˛ •˛•*/______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛ ° 。 ° ˚*
    ˚ ˛ •˛• | 田田|門| From My Home to Yours
    **° 。* ° ˚*° 。 ° ˚*° 。 ° ˚*° 。 ° ˚*° 。 ° ˚*° 。 ° ˚°
    And Wish you a Great Day....
    Let's Keep the Sparkle and Shine on Together! 😊🙏
  • Asobfalls
    Options
    Yesterday did water aerobics in the apartment pool. May be the last time as the weather is turning cooler.
    All good things come to an end. perhaps that should be 'all things come to an end'