Chat Cafe

Replies

• LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,462 Member
    Oh Linda, I am so glad you were not seriously hurt in your fall! It's embarrassing isn't it. Remember I slipped on thr caravan step and fell recently? Apart from bruising of an arm and my ego I was OK. Take care, my friend! Did you get your wedding ring back? The news about Glen is soo good. He has turned a corner.

HintobJudith and Marilyn. Praying for you both.

I have to stop here as Colin needs his transmitter changed in his arm then we are going to church. Xx
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,663 Member
    Marilyn, your quote is so right on today, thank you for sharing! Indeed we all need Motivation but it’s Habit that keeps us going. Step by Step and One Day at a Time! Praying for your upgoing surgery! 🙏❤️

Linda, so sorry to hear of your fall, so glad you didn’t break anything or injure yourself severely. Praying your hip stops hurting and your scrapes heal up quickly. ❤️ Did you get to the Jewellery store to pick up ring or will that be another day? Happy to hear Glen was able to drive and did well. Continue my prayers for his ongoing
    healing! 🙏

My surgery is Tuesday, I will sign in and leave a brief message to let you know how things go. Would appreciate for the remainder of week from Tuesday to Sunday if you Linda Susan and Marilyn Lori can hold the fort down and keep the Team and Group going with your encouraging words. Thank you ladies!

God Bless, be back tomorrow and let you know the time of my surgery! My prayers are with you all. ❤️🙏😇
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,595 Member
    Susan - I do not have my ring back yet. They have to custom make the diamond band so it will fit the curves of my original ring. They sent it away to be measured by the company that will make the band. We were able to pick up my husband's ring in spite of my injuries. They let me use their restroom to clean up and the bleeding did not last long. When I got ready to go to bed, I also noticed some scraped skin on my knee. It did not bleed any because I was wearing my sweat pants because we were on our way to exercise. The pants are pretty thick and soft.

Judith - I (and the others I assume) will be glad to hold down the fort for you as you have surgery and recover. We may not do it as well as you do but we will do our best. You have our support, hearts and prayers.

Marilyn - prayers for your upcoming surgery for the revision of your fistula on Tuesday also. If you need some time off, we understand totally. You have our support, hearts and prayers also.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    da6gk98r6o7h.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    Marilyn, I think it is human to resist change that isn't of our own making. 😀 I hadn't seem your quote before!

Linda, so glad you were not hurt worse, but sorry you found some more scrapes. I think I would have gone home. You are a trooper to go on to the store. Take care.

Judith, praying that your surgery goes well. I echo Linda that we'll take care of things here in your absence. Don't be in a hurry to focus on this. Give yourself some time.

I got some things on my list done today.
  • Marilynsretired
    j64jwr365z2p.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Marilyn - your quote is so true. I may not have everything I want or everything everyone else has but I am well fed, clothed, have a home and a loving family.

Today we remember the tragic loss of life when we were attacked and the twin towers in New York were destroyed. I remember seeing the pictures on the TV at work. We were all standing around amazed that this could happen. It was definately a wake up call that we were vulnerable to this type of attack. I am so grateful for the police, firemen and volunteers who risked and gave their lives to save some.

We had a wonderful visit from my 4 friends who came over the mountain to see us from Denver. This morning they made breakfast for us all and helped around the house doing things that my husband could not do - like putting a 5 gallon bottle on our water dispenser. One friend helped put together a jigsaw puzzle that I had been working on for several months. Although she did not finish it, she did the hard part of putting together the sections that are all one color. Those are the parts that I do not like to do.

I helped in our children's ministry yesterday and it was so fun. There were 6 kids ranging from 2 years to 10 years old. That is a big age difference but the oldest one helped the little one so it worked out OK. Being in a small church, makes it hard to have enough children to make up more than one class. We are growing and I know we will at some point have a thriving children's ministry.
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,663 Member
    Thank you Linda and Susan for your kindness and for being willing to hold the fort down. Thank you for your faithfulness in signing in and sharing personal stories and even posting pictures and scripture texts. I thank God for you both and for all the others on our Team, Lori who is diligent in signing in and doing a great job with meeting her goals that gives Linda and I motivation to keep on going. For JC who is faithful in playing the Word Games that inspire Linda and I to keep up with new story lines to share, for Marilyn who posts the Daily Quotes that inspire us and motivate us to keep us moving forward. I am thankful for all our Team Members who may be silent but I know you are there cheering us on and praying when a
    member needs it! God Bless you all.

So glad you got Glen’s ring Linda in spite of your fall. It will be nice when your ring comes back. I remember those days when we had small Children's ministry and we had programs to meet
    all ages.

I agree with Linda and Susan comment about Marilyn’s quote; I may not have Rich’s the world speaks of but I am rich in Christ and I am rich with my precious family and my friends! God has blessed me much.

God Bless you all, be back when I can, thanks for your prayers! ❤️🙏🤗
  • LosinSusin
    You are on my mind and in my prayers, Judith. God bless you and keep you during your surgery and recovery.

Linda, children's ministry is so important. Glad you all have a plan for it. Our church is very small and only has a couple of children but Pastor's wife always has a fun activity for them to do during church.

Marilyn, that is a great gratitude post. Thank you.

New fridge is installed and everything fit.
  • Healthyme7410
    I have been praying periodically today about Judith and Marilyn's surgeries. May God give them comfort from pain and that healing will start immediately. Blessings and wisdom on the staff that will minister to them during this time. May the staff also see Jesus in them as they recover.

We met with our minister and his wife today to talk about them possibly moving to be closer to family and to take another ministrty job in another state. They were needing to make some very important decisions in the next few weeks and they wanted our prayers for wisdom. Of course, only they can make the final decision with God's help. They are torn about staying here and being closer to family. We do hope they do stay here because we love them.

My husband is working longer in his office this past few days and needs less time in the chair with ice on his shoulder. The physical therapist put some tape around the area that was most swollen on the back of his arm to help with pain and reduce the fluid in that area. It seems to be helping him move his arm better. The joint is still very still but he is getting more mobility every day. I am so glad he is healing well. He will get his sutures out at the doctor's office on Thursday.

Susan - I am glad you have your new fridge and "everything fit". That is most important! When a fridge gets old, it is hard to trust it to keep running. I am so glad you don't have that concern now.

I hope everyone had a good day today. Let's keep moving toward our goal of glorifying God in our lives both physically and spiritually.
  • Marilynsretired
    Well my fisquala repair went well. Was at the hospital at 7 am this morning and was home by noon. Though I was somewhat anxious I was glad when it was finished and realized it was not as 'scary' as I thought it would be. Have a bandage over it now but will be able to remove it tomorrow. Thanks for all the prayers

jt2odq4c4vqw.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    Marilyn, thank you for letting us know your fistula repair has been done! What a bonus that it wasn't so scary or difficult, though I am sure you need a bit of extra rest and care. Whew! Praying for a great recovery, my friend.

Like you, Linda, I have been remembering Judith in prayer all day. I even checked Vancouver time to see when it was afternoon tbimking she may be in recoveryby then... sad that your Pastor and his wife may move. It's wonderful that they are asking for prayer about the wise choices they need to make. I hope it all works out for the best. It is so hard to farewell good shepherds and friends. Yes, the new fridge/freezer is a blessing.

I had a day of measured busyness. There's lots to do before we go on our trip and I want to get it all done.
  • Marilynsretired
    All is well at my house. Am thinking of Judith holding her in prayer praying that all went well with her also.

z770abr7ir38.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Susan - it is good to see you joining our games. I hope having to think up words will help keep my brain sharp.

Marilyn - I am glad your fistula repair went well and is over. Hopefully it will be in good working condition if you ever need it. I know what you mean when you said that after things are over, they were not as big as you had thought them to be. I signed up for an Excel class because we use that program in the school but someone has to set it up for me. I am very nervous that the class with be a lot of young people who already know a lot and I will get lost in the details. The class said it was for those with no experience so I am on the same basis as others but they may think faster than I do. I hope when I go to it, I will ahve the same experience you had with your repair - that it is not as hard as I think it will be.

We are traveling to Vail tomorrow to get my husband's sutures out of his surgical wound. The appointment is after noon but it takes us 2 1/2 hours drive time to get there so it will probably be late before I get on here. I am thinking and praying for you all - especially Judith.

• LosinSusin
    I messaged Judith yesterday and shd replied:
    Sorry have had issues with vertigo pain nausea a lot going on not coming home yet please pray, will update you later…❤️"

So we know she got through the surgery which is a partial relief.
  • Marilynsretired
    6ii8mnjdejd1.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    Good morning. I received a message from Judith this morning:

"Good Morning, 🌅

About 3am my dizziness improved and pain is more controlled with meds. I am being discharged later this morning prob 12 noon with nausea, dizziness, and pain medications.

Thank you for your continued prayers. 🙏❤️"

I see she posted to her newsfeed as well. What a trooper she is!

We're off to morning tea with some friends today. I need to make a cheese platter and getcready. Have good days, everyone. The Lord is good.
  • Healthyme7410
    Thanks for the update Susan! I am glad she can come home and rest away from the hussle and bussle of the hospital and spend time with Miss Sunshine. I pray that the medication is effective in decreasing the pain, dizziness and nausea.

We were gone most of the day in Vail for my husband's 2 week checkup. They took off the dressings and said that everything is healing well. His mobility is also increasing with therapy. He can take off his sling when he is sitting and not moving much (such as reading a book) but needs to wear it when he is up and around because he might forget and try to lift up something heaver than a coffee mug. He continues to do his stretching exercises at home and therapy for quite a while.
  • Marilynsretired
    hgdjsn6sy7ox.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Marilyn - another great quote. It is all a matter of perspective. I pray that your arm heals well. At first, it may be reddened and swollen but that will go away with time.

It is getting colder here so I think Fall is around the corner. I do know that after a big cold we will have nice weather again with "Indian Summer". It is the last hurrah before cold and snow are coming. A friend from church brought over a cheesy brocoli soup and bread for us to have for dinner. It does feel like soup weather. I need to get out some soup recipies to make myself when it gets really cold. I do appreciate the church members brining us food but I think my husband is getting mobile enough now that I do not need help. I still need to help him with some things like getting dressed - buttons are really hard with only one hand! Now that he is able to take his arm out of the sling for short times, it will be easier for him to do things independently also.

Someone brought us a beautiful mum plant this week. I will plant it outside so we can have it for many years. It brings a bit of color to the world in the Fall after most other plants have bloomed and are now going dormant.

Judith I hope you had a restful night to build up your strength. I wish I was closer so I could bring you a plant to brighten up your day.

Susan and JC - I hope you have a wonderful relaxing weekend coming up.

I have an appointment in a few minutes so much get going. Prayers for all of you. 💖