Chat Cafe

Options

Replies

• LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 4,439 Member
    edited April 28
    Options
    Great information about the foods to eat for kidneys, Marilyn! Thank you so much. Whatever you are doing to make the graphics bigger, it's working! I appreciate that, too. ❤️

Linda, yes, the places we are visiting are so interesting. We don't let our boys swim in the ocean. There are too many hazards for them there like sharks which swim right up to the edge of the water. We don't go in either! Special shark nets have to be in place before we would even consider it!

Judith, I hope your kitty let's you take a photo. I would love to see her in her new Lion cut. I am so glad you are enjoying my photos and stories. I'll post more today.

We're getting ready to roll. We're off to a place called Spud's Roadhouse at Pimba for tonight. Lake Hart will be the next day. Spud's is about 180kms from here. It has a railway line behind the camp so this should be interesting from a noise point of view. And interesting to see why it's named Spud's. Any guesses? Lol!

I have a cloud picture for you today. The weather here is cold at night but glorious in the day.

hzqrjy1681w7.jpg

Greg took shots of the sunset last night:

ns44871a6mbx.jpg

And he took one of the Flinder's Ranges too, over the salt bushes:

k7qtqvhqv3kd.jpg

Greg and Colin and I all take photos, so we sometimes share them with each other 😃

OK we're off. I didn't have to forego our games today, after all! Have good days and know I am praying for you all. 🙏
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 7,268 Member
    Options
    Evening Hello Ladies

Marilyn, Thank you for posting the Cleansing foods for the Kidneys, great resources to have, all your posts that you have shared on the Kidneys!

Linda and Susan; my Kitty is usually a Good Girl, she doesn’t get aggressive she whines at times but that’s all! I have her groomed due to heavy thick long fur. She does better without it all.

And yes weight is down. Thanks for the prayers!

So tired now so my post is short! Lord willing will see you all tomorrow!

Have a good sleep and may tomorrow, the Lord’s day be blessed for you all! 🙏📖✝️
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Susan - My uncle used to call potatoes "spuds" so maybe the owner really like potatoes or potatoes are a main listing on the menu would be my guess. Goregous pictures of the clouds and the sunset. I am glad you have more than one person taking pictures so you have more to share. That is scary about the sharks in the Ocean. Occassionally we hear of shark attacks on our coasts but mostly they are out in the deeper water. If there are sharks sighted, they put up big warnings to not go in the water.

Judith - I'm glad Miss Sunshine behaves herself when being groomed. Cats can cause a lot of scratches with their sharp nails if they do not like what a person is doing. That can happen also when they are just playing rough. Is your kitty declawed? None of our outdoor cats were because they needed the claws to catch mice and protect themselves from other predators like coyote, fox, raccoon, and dogs.

Marilyn - thanks for all the helpful information for kidneys. I have learned a lot.

I pray you are all having a Blessed Sunday.
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Good morning! Good guesses about Spud's, Linda. I was thinking baked potatoes might be on the menu, with butter, Coleslaw and cheese. It turns out no, there are no special spuds. The Roadhouse was named that because it was the nickname of the first owner!! Here's the Roadhouse:

gubbkdux3e9s.jpg

And here's our setup:

nqdifqywecyt.jpg

I have to limit the time I am o line today. Our batteries died overnight. Colin and Greg are going to do more diagnosis today, but in the meantime I can't even charge my phone, pump water, let alone e use Skynet. Fortunately there is an amenities block here so we will be fine. It's a bit frustrating though! 😑

Till tomorrow, friends . 🧡
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,447 Member
    Options
    50awiqzba9pc.jpg
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Marilyn, these charts for Kidney health are fantastic, I agree with Linda, I too am learning more than I knew already which was not much compared to what you have posted here. Thank you so much, keep it coming, great resources to have. Hope this day finds you well. My prayers are with you! 🙏

Linda, Sunshine is not declawed but we keep her claws, front and back trimmed, my daughter clips her claws regularly and she has a scratching post and uses it which helps to keep the claws trimmed. No scratching the furniture. And she is an indoor cat. Spayed and is healthy. I feed her no grain food, she eats both wet and dry food but not much. She is not a big cat. I have to watch her that she doesn’t lose too much weight. She tends to be very low so she sees the Vet on regular basis with keeping her vaccines up to date with annual Wellness checks and her weight checked. Most of my family called Potatoes
    “Spuds” When I moved out West I haven’t heard anyone call potatoes Spuds, maybe it was more of a Ontario and Newfoundland word they use as most of my family are from Newfoundland but also originating from Britain and Ireland to Newfoundland to Ontario, some to the USA and some of us to British Columbia!

Susan, so sorry about the batteries being down and you having to limit your time online. It sure would be frustrating not able to pump water. Hope Greg and Colin can fix it all for you. Good thing to hear that you have amenities where you are at the camp. But it’s better to have everything in your camper. I am sure both Colin and Greg will get it all up and running in no time. I love your
    Camp Ground, so very nice. Thank you for sharing the photo’s, the Roadhouse and where you have parked your Camper.

Will say Good Night and God Bless, it’s my bedtime. I will go and post my Food and Fitness and say hi to everyone before I turn my phone on silent! See you all tomorrow! 🙏❤️🤗
  • Healthyme7410
    edited April 30
    Options
    Susan - I hope you have the problem fixed on your camper so you have water and internet. I am so glad that you have your friends who can help with the "diagnosis" of the issues and it can be corrected. Do Lyn and Greg have the same problems since they have a similar camper? Having a campground that has amenities that you need is helpful. If you were out with no amenities it would be a lot more difficult to be comfortable. Did the restaurant say why the owner was called "Spuds". I still think it has to do with potatoes. Here is Google's defination of spud. "The spud was a “sharp, narrow spade” used to dig up large rooted plants, especially potatoes. Around the mid 19th century the word changed from the tool you used to dig, to the potato you dug up. It caught on wherever English was spoken as a slang term and remains that to this day." It also is for the initial drilling of an oil well. (We had a company try to dig for oil on our property but it was a dry well. Many other neighbors had the wells and it was profitable although the smell of crude oil was very pungent and unpleasant for the rest of us where were not making money off of it.)

Judith - It sounds like Miss Sunshine is well cared for both physically and emotionally. It also sounds like both of you have weight problems although I see your weight is up slightly yesterday. Yea!!

My house smells like a campfire today. A couple that we do marriage counseling for raises pigs and they occassionally give us some meat or eggs from their chickens as a thank-you. They gave us some smoked bacon last week so I tried it today. Unfortunately, it cooks much faster than the bacon that we buy in the store and it burnt so I had to make some more for Glenn. This second time I cooked it on low and turned it frequenty so it was fine. It is also very salty so I will probably use the rest of it in some beans in the crockpot on Friday.

Have a great week everyone!
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    fhxhnqlbxm76.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    That's right, Marilyn. God be with you today and every day!

Linda, yes, Lyn and Greg have had Battery charging problems too but not had them bottom out like we have. I threshing history of the word spud! I think the body shape of the original Spud inspired his nickname. Lol!

Judith, good to see you enjoyed the photos. I have more today!

The batteries recharged but we still don't know why they discharged at 4am. We'll get a battery guy to look at them in coming weeks. Right now we're too remote to find one.

Yesterday we visited Woomera, an Airforce town famous for missile testing and satellite research. People who decorated their houses decorated with missiles! The local museum was interesting. Missiles and satellites everywhere.

lsa0xa89d5nk.jpg

Then we drove to Andamooka, an almost abandoned opal mining town. There were slag heaps everywhere and tunnels under those slag heaps. No shops, just a liquor store!

jw4fcnftvsy7.jpg

Next was Roxby Downs, a mining town where they had a few stores. Owned by BHP, they look after the Olympic Dam Mine. The houses were much better cared for here. This building was a cinema, I think.

2ne1nmha756b.jpg

Last we stopped at Philip Ponds Homestead, an abandoned stone house. Colin took this photo.

zgexcd66468s.jpg

The landscape nearly everywhere was flat and treeless. There were crows eating carrion alongside with Wedge Tailed Eagles. I saw some Cockatoos and some small brown birds I couldn't identify, and a large Emu. That was it for signs of life!

On to Coober Pedy today.
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Marilyn, Amen Praise God! Yes with God All Things Are Possible… thank you for sharing! 😊

Linda, so nice that you have a couple from the Marriage Counselling who bring you eggs and Smoked Bacon. You are right it does cook up fast and it is salty, good idea cooking it with beans in the slow cooker. My mouth is watering as I love smoked bacon and beans; yum yum! Yes Miss Sunshine is a tiny girl but the vet says she is healthy! My weight was up today in another “ounce” yay!

Susan, so glad you got the batteries re-charged up and hopefully when you are not in such a remote area you can find someone to have a look at them. Hope you have no further issues with the batteries. The Airforce town you were visiting sounds so interesting seeing all the missiles and satellites that were decorated everywhere. Nice the Mining town had some stores. Great picture of the abandoned stone house Colin took. I agree the landscape was quite flat and treeless. Great you saw Crows, Eagles, Cockatoos and even a Emu. Looks like you had a nice day of touring and site seeing. Thanks again for sharing and for posting all the pictures.

Safe travels to Coober Pedy. Enjoy your day.
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    I have just a few mintues between my zoom Bible Study and another zoom appointment so I will try to get some things done on here.

Susan - The almost abandoned opal mine town sounds interesting. We have a lot of abandoned gold, silver and mines here too with "tailings" piled up on the sides of the mountains. It would have been interesting if you had found an opal somewhere in the piles of slag heaps. I have heard that opals are not very impressive in their raw shape but I love how they look when they are cut and polished. I think a lot of natural gems are like that. I might see one and not even notice it because it does not sparkle like what I think of as gems. Your pictures show some pretty quiet places. At least Roxby Downs sounds like it had some life. They even had a cinema.

Judith - I am glad that your weight is up a little. Mine was up a little but it was from the salt in the bacon I think - at least that is what I am blaming it on.

Marilyn - love the scripture you shared. God created all things and he makes all things possible. We were discussing that this morning in our Bible study. God is personal to all of us and wants the best for us. What a miserable place it would be if we did not have God. There would be no laws, no justice, no love etc. I am so glad that God is just a prayer away any time and any day.
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Linda, yes my weight is up today by another ounce! Yay me! Thanks for your prayers.

I am so tired tonight, got all my posts and posted our new Team Goals for May. Hope you all will join me for another great Month!

Will close for now as I have meds to take. Hope you are enjoying your day touring Susan, and thinking of you Marilyn!
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    It is a windy day today with gray clouds again. My wind chimes are singing a pretty tune and the elm seeds are coming down like snow. The birds really like the seeds but we do not like the non-eaten ones when they start growing trees in our yard. These trees are very prolific! Rain is predicted for 2pm but I will believe it when I see it. The weather forecasters are not always correct!

Our minister and his wife have not had their baby yet so we are getting with them for probably the last time until after his one month paternity leave. She is due tomorrow so we are waiting in expectation. Their first baby has grown up to be a very handsome 2 year old and this one will be a girl.

Today is my monthly fasting day for the growth of the church. We can get ahead of ourselves with plans and forget to consult God who knows all and has plans for us. We do not want to get ahead of what He has planned and not be as effective as we might be. Waiting can be hard but the results are always best.

Judith - thanks for updating everything so we can start the new month out fresh. I hope you were able to get a good rest last night. You said you were really tired.

Susan - Happy traveling today. I hope you do not have any more battery problems until you can have it checked out.

Marilyn - Keep up the good work healing your kidneys with good delicious food.
  • LosinSusin
    edited May 2
    Options
    I am not sure what happened to yesterday's post but it has disappeared.

We're safely in Coober Pedy. The owner wanted us to park next to a cliff but the cliff won in the end. We're staying where we were parked originally, backed up against the mountain.

p0lr5zkymrm9.jpg

Here are a couple more shots to give you an idea of the place. Here is the owner's mostly underground house:

vh3q8zgl9udz.jpg

See the pipes on top of the mountain? They are ventilation shafts for each underground room! Thousands live underground here to escape the Simpson Desert heat!

Here's a cliff edge pic where we would have camped and some cute kangaroo art:

pqy8l4h3qys7.jpg

Finally, a close up of a rock wall that has been dug out with mining equipment to become a caravan garage.

sn3ix4ues2np.jpg

I have caught up with everyone's posts and am going to stop here to make sure this one gets posted. Maybe some of my posts are too long. 🤔
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Susan - I have lost some of my posts also. It took three times to get my post in on another thread. I wonder if something is wrong with MFP or maybe I just forgot to say post reply? One of my wishes when I was planning to get married was that we would some time live in an underground house. I even had a place to put it but alas not all my dreams have come to a reality. Caravan garage was amazing. That certainly took a lot of work to do.

Judith - keep up the good work of maintaining your weight! We are cheering you on.

Marilyn - We are praying for some forward movement in your labs. When is the next time they check your kidney function?

We had Penguin Pest Control come out today to spray for ants that have been getting in our house. They seem to be looking for water because we see them in the bathrooms, next to the washing machine, and our water despenser. He said it might take a week or so but guarentees that it will work. He will come out again in a month to check to see how things are going.

We had our "over 50 Bible Study" in a few minutes. I need to get the snacks and drinks set out for them. We will be going to our mountain property tomorrow to talk to someone about getting the concrete slab put down to put our trailer on. The man we are meeting said he would do some research to see what the rules were but he thinks that they might require a septic tank for a permanent slab. If that is true, it will cost over $20,000 to do it which is more than we wanted to spend. I will let you know tomorrow.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    rxmkn5lkzhh4.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    With the Lord's help, belief is a strong thing, Marilyn! Hugs.

Linda, I do hope you can find a way to get your slab. Sometimes the rules seem to go against everything! Have a lively Bible study. And underground houses here are awesome. You could love it. Google Coober Pedy Real Estate to see loads of underground living options. 😀

Judith, sorry I missed you! 🙏 ❤️

Today we are going to a working opal mine so I have to move it.

This place is practically treeless! One guy even built an iron tree for his kids to climb!

yabfgd8oxbgo.jpg

0enbc68psn4h.jpg

Yesterday we went to a museum/old opal store/mine/underground house and had quite the time exploring. We didn't disturb this exhausted miner.

boqlolwk9d7t.jpg

This guy was more active though.

y67nt1c8wc9d.jpg

We finished the evening with a campfire (Greg's photo)

o0xc9rlsjvv0.jpg

• 316Judith
    Options
    Marilyn, thank you for the inspiring posts, trust is all well with you my friend.

Linda, you said you had issues with MFP with being bumped off and loosing some of your posts. Tonight, I have been bumped off few of the threads here but thankfully I didn’t lose my posts as I saved my posts every few paragraphs so I could retrieve what I posted. It’s still frustrating, what I experienced was trying 3 times to get back on, that was so annoying. I am so encouraged going up an ounce each day 3x’s makes me so happy. Hope you enjoyed your over 50 Bible Study. So sorry to hear about you having to get Pest Control in your place due to the Ants getting in your place. Hope you get it under control!

Susan, yes the last post I started to leave on this thread I had to leave as I was got bumped and with me not staying here for any length of time I missed you. I love the pictures you have left here today, your campfire looks so peaceful! So nice to sit around the campfire and spend time together. Greg took a great picture. Hehe, yes the guy looked more active, you made me chuckle 🤭 the old opal store mine, under ground house looked like an interesting place to explore, although not sure if I’d like to be underground that long. Steel tree sure stood out considering the land looks so barren with being a Desert treeless land!

I am at the Cancer Clinic tomorrow to see my Derma-Oncologist regarding my enlarged lymph node; there will be scans, procedures, maybe biopsy and consult on what next step will be regarding what type of treatment. I have mega Blood work to be done first before I see my oncologist. It’s a long afternoon, basically from 12
    Noon to 3:30pm.

Would appreciate your prayers. I will update you tomorrow night. God Bless you! Off to bed now!
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    oyes5tg65bci.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Judith - I am praying for a good appointment today and even though it is long, I pray that you will not get too exhausted. I hope the scans, procedures and lab work are worth it to have some more information to work with. According to my time, your appointment should be starting about now. I am praying that you feel Jesus' presence every minute of this time.

Susan - I will google the underground houses. I still think it would have been fun to have one. It keeps the temperature so even I am told - cool in the summer and warm in the winter. I would have a lot of windows in the front of the house and try to get in as much light as possible. The bedrooms do not need light but I need light when I am awake. The Museum looks very interesting. I am glad that you did not disturb the sleeping miner. He looks pretty big and could be a abit frustrated at you disturbing his sleep. The metal tree is funny. It was a great idea for his kids to have something to climb on for sure. Our grandkids love to climb up in our apple tree. It is not very big and the branches are close together so we donot worry about them falling and getting hurt.

Marilyn - every day and every circumstance has something good if we look hard enough. Even in poor circumstances, it is good that we have Jesus standing close by holding us tight and whispering encouragement into our ears.

Today I have some sewing projects to get done. When the grand kids come, one sleeps on a cot. I am making a king size sheet into one smaller sheet that I will sew to make it look like a sleeping bag to put on the cot for him. I also got a pair of pants from the thrift store that fits me fine but the legs are too wide. I feel like a clown when I wear them so I will slim down the legs some. If I have any time left I will work on my demin quilt that I have neglected until I got a walking foot for my machine. I got one for my birthday so I have not excuse now.