Chat Cafe

Options
1166167168169170172»

Replies

• 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 7,650 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back Marilyn, it’s great to see you posting. Thank you for todays post! So sorry about your Vertigo, it isn’t easy as I have had it often since my last surgery so I so feel for you. I will be praying for you much that all Vertigo will be gone in Jesus Name and that you recover quickly from your cold. Love and Hugs my friend! 🙏🤗

Linda, loved the pictures of the mountains, I zoomed in and could see the awesome details on the rock formations. I look forward to the pictures you take with your professional camera, the pictures will be way better than any zooming in I could ever do. Your friends car is awesome, I love old cars, I had a friend, my friends husband who bought old cars and restored them, that’s where my love for old cars came from. Dan is now with the Lord! He had a sudden heart attack during the night about 4 years ago, my dear friend found her husband passed in the early morning hours. So sudden and unexpected, young, in his early 50’s! So glad your oldest daughter and granddaughter will spend July 4th with you and Glenn at the house! Blessings my friend! 🤗

Sandi, thinking of you tonight and so happy I was able to read your posts earlier today when I was here. Thank you for joking us again my friend! 🤗

Susan, as you shared about you having 9 grandchildren and not seeing 3 grandchildren with living so far away. So sorry 😞 my friend! I have 4 grandchildren, 3 girls and 1 boy, my daughter and her hubby were the ones having Logan, the youngest of all the 4 grandkids. My son like me got married young and had children starting in his teens, like me getting married at 17.
    You made me chuckle 🤭 as I knew you Colin and the “boys” had been travelling for 9 months, of course they are used to travelling via car, can’t believe I asked that question. Thanks for wishing me a Happy Canada Day 🇨🇦

Have a Blessed Lord’s Day with enjoying your Sunday services and Family time! Lord willing be back in the morning! Good Night All 😴🛌🤗🙏
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 4,732 Member
    Options
    Judith, it's easy to forget things about each other's lives. Glad I made you chuckle! Yes, not seeing 3 grandsons is a pain point. We hope as they get older they will seek us out once they are able to make their own decisions. We'll see. I have 5 granddaughters and a grandson who I do get to spend time with.

Like this week we have Charley with us. She arrives today!
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 9,872 Member
    Options
    We had a good church service with several people who were new to us. It is always good to have visitors who are seeking to know about Jesus and how to serve him. After the service we had lunch with our minister and the parents of one of the college students. We are exploring ideas about starting "house churches" in areas near us. They will not be separate churches but will be part of us but meet in smaller groups in houses to meet neighbors that do not want to travel very far. We are just praying about the idea and seeing what interest there is in this. After lunch we had some college students and some adults over for a study that Glenn wrote many years ago about the History and Reliability of the Bible. It goes through the history of the books of the Bible, archeology that proves the Bible and how the cannon was set up. He is in hopes that it will build the faith of the people in the truth of the Bible. This is a series of 8 classes that he teaches in the school but he has made it less in depth than the college course.

Susan - I am glad that Charley is going to come to spend some time with you and Colin. How old is this granddaughter? We are very blessed to have all of our grandchildren living in the Denver area so we can see them when we travel over the mountains. We will be doing less traveling once I have my hip surgery in September.

Judith - You were very young when you got married at 17. Was your husband young also? My friend won a trophy for her antique car. She came in third out of over 70 cars and tractors.

Sandi and Marilyn - I hope you are having a good weekend to relax and gather energy to jump into the busy week starting tomorrow. Weekends seem to short but I do enjoy them!

• 316Judith
    Options
    Evening Hello Everyone,

Linda, you asked if my husband was young also, yes we were same age my husband being older by several months. But we were too young to be married. My parents had to sign for me. I was in the mind frame of all my friends were getting married and I just had to do the same. It was either getting permission with my parents being signing for me or I was going to run away and elope. Dear me, I was rebellious! Mom wanted me to get married in the church and not elope so I basically handed the paper to Mom and said I will get married in Church if you sign. So I got married in the Church. In those days I wasn’t interested in Church. Praise God I came to Him surrendering my life as a young adult. God is mighty, He never give up on us! The House Churches are a great idea, and Glenn teaching on the History of the Bible. One of our Pastors years ago taught on the History of the Scriptures. Excited to hear all about how the classes go and if you get Home Churches started!

Susan, I hear you, my heart goes out to you in the grandchildren you don’t see. It’s a tough one. Both of mine decided to do their own thing after their Mother encouraged them to not come under a Godly Home or instruction.Now that they are adults themselves I hope they make their own decision away from Mom’s influence and come back to their Father and meet me their Grandma! One granddaughter was 2 when Mom took her away and the other was about 10 when she walked out on my son so they really hardly know their Dad or me or their cousins or Auntie. My son met a fine gal and they have been married for few
    years and happy. I hope you are reunited with your grandkids soon. So happy you have a good relationship with your others and Charley is with you for a nice visit.

Marilyn and Sandi my thoughts and prayers are with you. Take care!

Will say good night and God Bless! See you in the morning! 😴🙏🤗
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,518 Member
    Options
    h7eetz2pc1kz.png
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Thank you Marilyn, one of my favorite Scripture’s. It’s so good seeing you on here, feeling very lonely here; posted last night and came on this morning to post our New Threads for July. Here now and it’s been you here and me. Think everyone is busy with Grandkids and travelling. In closing I want to wish you a Happy and Blessed Canada Day! Hope your area is sunny and bright like my area is, so lovely today! Take care and God Bless!

Linda and Susan my thoughts and prayers are with you both and your families! Take care! ❤️🙏
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 9,872 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    Judith - I am sorry that you are feeling lonely with us not being here. Lately, I do get on but I do not seem to be doing it at a certain time. Do not worry, I am still here. LOL I am sad about your estranged grandchildren. I pray that there will be a reunion at some time. You and your husband were very young. I am a little older than Glenn so my parent did not need to sign for me but his Dad had to sign for him because he was not over 21. How long were you married?

We just had a huge downpour with thunder that lasted for about 10 minutes. This weather is so different than last year. We were so dry we could not keep our lawn green and this year we do not need any irrigation some weeks.

I am trying to get used to my new computer. My old one was 9 years old and was very slow. This one is very quick with a touch screen. I am getting used to the size of the keys though. I keep putting my hands on the wrong keys then I have to retype a whole line if I am not watching closely. I am trying to move all my old things from the old computer into this one via the "cloud" but not everything is working as I wish it was. I may need to go back to the store and admit that my older brain does not understand this new computer. They can probably do it in their sleep since their staff are so young, They grew up with computers but alas I grew up with a typewriter and white out to correct my mistakes. My granddaughter will be here on Thursday so I may wait for her to help me.

• LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 4,732 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I'm here at my usual daily time. Having Charley here is fun but our routine has to change while she is here! She is 11, almost 12, and loves spending time with us.

Marilyn, that's a beautiful verse. Thank you.

Judith, I doubt we will see our 3 estranged grandsons soon. So sorry to hear of your two who you don't see. I have learned to enjoy the ones who want us in their lives. My, you were young when you married. Thank you for telling us some of your story.

Linda, Glenn's Bible study sounds so good. I hope the house church idea is something that works for you all, though I know you aren't implementing it yet. Your surgery will be here before we know it. ...

Sandi, hope you are having a good day.

I'll be back close to this time tomorrow. Blessings!
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Evening Hello Everyone,

Susan, like you I am so happy for the grandchildren who are in my life and leave the 2 granddaughters who are estranged from us all in God’s Hands, I pray for them and their Mother trusting God for their salvation. I know one day there will be a great reunion so until then I so enjoy my 2 grandchildren I am so close to. I helped my daughter and her husband with childcare from newborn all thru their childhood, they stayed with me for a week during summer holidays, came for weekends and overnight stays. Such precious memories. So glad you have Charley with you. And you have such precious memories of all your grandchildren who are in your life. Susan, you are such a sweet loving Grandma, I am sure you bless not only your grandchildren but all who come along your pathway, I know I am thankful to have you in my life.

Linda, you asked about my marriage. One thing for sure I have a lot of good memories but unfortunately due to circumstances when my husband’s Dad died our marriage saw some difficult times. My husband did not handle his death well and it caused a lot of mental stress. We worked thru a lot of it but it did leave a shadow over our lives. But Hallelujah, Praise God my life changed for the better when I surrendered my life back to God. God gave me His Peace, sadly my husband did not want God in his life and was a very angry bitter man over his Dad’s death, he never found peace. I kept showing God’s love and prayed for my husband. All I can hope for is he surrendered all and came to Jesus in the end!

The good thing thru all of this I have Peace and my Son and Daughter do as well. God has restored our lives. There are no regrets; I am so Blessed. God is Good!

Sorry ladies for having a moment of feeling lonely earlier today! I realize we all are in different time zones, I changed the time I was coming on here and I guess at times we were missing each other. So all good. I am so thankful for your love support
    and valued friendship!

Have a Blessed Evening and Week ahead! 🙏🤗