Chat Cafe

Replies

• Paraest
    Paraest Posts: 568 Member
    Marilyn. Where do you live as I know we have had haze from Canada fires. Prayers I hope the smoke is not bothering you.

Judith continued prayers for you & all the changes you may have.

Linda I hope you are getting settled in your place now by Denver ok.

Sandi I pray you don’t get Covid & your dh is better asap

Susan. How often do you ice skate? I use to ice skate before I got married. I’ve been married 46 years so not sure i could do it. It was a sport my sister enjoyed as there was a reservoir near our house growing up. I even had my own skates.
    Our daughters took some private lessons so know how to do ice skate.

I hope all having a good day
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,408 Member
    edited July 21
    Good morning all. It's a little warmer today which is nice. It has been cold this winter in Queensland, Australia. We have more cold weather to come but the summers are so hot, I don't mind the cold.

Linda, glad you enjoyed the stories of my youth. It sounds like you enjoyed your times on the creek! Yes, I remember finding roller skating was hard compared to ice skating. At least on ice, you have a bit more traction than on roller blades. I was never an expert skater but did have fun at the time. You can start card making with kits if you like. The kits usually contain all you need to make a bunch of cards. I started out with nothing in 2006 and just bought things as I needed them. I think I had a ruler, pencil, some glue, a few cheap stamps from a craft store, a wet washer in a Frisbee to clean my stamps, a couple of ink pads, paper and envelopes and got started. I soon got to know the quality of Stampin' Up! and started slowly buying tools and cardstock from them. They have kits to choose from now which is a fun way to start crafting. There may be a Demonstrator near you to show you some things if you want to see if you like making cards. 😉 Just search at stampinup.com to find someone nearby.

Marilyn, good to hear you are doing better health-wise but those fires are sure a big concern. Will pray. 🙏 Keep us posted about how things are going. I hope no one has to evacuate.

Sandi, glad your husband is feeling better and the funeral sounds comforting. It's so lovely to know your friend was a Christian 🩷 Thank you for your nice feedback about the cards. I teach little classes on cardmaking and currently have three small groups of ladies who come by each month to learn. Stay well.

Barb, it's good to learn more about your family and life. How beautiful to know Mariposa's story 🦋. Thank you also for the lovely feedback on my cards. I don't skate anymore. I used to back in the 1960s. I just turned 70 too, so we're from the same era!

Judith, I will go read your prayer request next. I am glad you are getting repairs done but keep thinking about how disruptive it is for you. I hope you are still able to get quality rest time and nutrition. Your kitty must be upset with all that is going on. Praying for you. 🙏💕
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,603 Member
    Marilyn I hear what you are saying the fires are really bad and the heat has made me sick tonight, the flood issues are getting worse as far as repairs! Will report tomorrow.

Our temps began at 95 and climbed higher humidity is not good.

Marilyn please be safe! Love and Hugs…

thanks Sandi Barb Susan Linda for your prayers and your love. Be back tomorrow! ❤️🙏🤗
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,535 Member
    It is raining gently today and the temperature is in the 70's. I do love this kind of weather but do not get it in Grand Junction. It is 93F with 17% humidity right now so I am enjoying what we have here in Denver.

Susan - thanks for the information about "Stamping-Up". I knew you were working with their products but I did not know if they sold outside of Australia. Having personalized cards would be so much better than store bought cards in my mind.

Judith - I am sorry that you were sick yesterday with the heat. The flood issues sound terrible and that they are getting worse as far as repairs is saddening. I look forward to your report tomorrow.

Marilyn - prayers continue for your safety both from the fires and the smoke. How is your fur baby? Does he miss his partner? I'm thinking it was Toby that was left but I may be mixing your dogs up with my friends who is also declining.

Barb and Sandi I hope you are having a good weekend and staying cool.

• Paraest
    We are in clouds. We’re to get some rain this weekend & early in the week coming up. Only been clouds so far. Oh well. At least the temps stay down with cloud cover. 😊

Judith. So sorry about the heat and then with smoke & repairs. Be so glad when repairs over & life returns normal for you. Praying Judith. Then there is your mouth & all too. 🙏🏻

Marilyn. I hope the smoke & fires🙏🏻🙏🏻. Prayers for your dogs too.

Susan. The stamping sounds so interesting. So glad you shared it with us all.

Linda. I hope you are enjoying your new place in Denver.

Enjoy the Lord’s day & start to the week. 🙏🏻
  • LosinSusin
    Linda and Barb, you're welcome for the Stampin' Up! information. Actually, it is a US company that operates in about 10 other countries of the world, including Australia. Their head office is in Riverton, Utah. There definitely should be Demonstrators sprinkled around your states. And they are in Canada too, Judith and Marilyn.

Barb, glad you are getting cooler weather in your hot summer. It lets you catch your breath a bit.

Linda, my problem is staying warm. The weather is cool to me here. Lol! I wear long pants, socks and long sleeved shirts with extra layers as needed! Lol! Your weather sounds nice today.

Judith, I was sad to hear the condo repairs are causing more stress too. 😩 I was concerned that that might happen. With the smoke and heat, you would not be comfortable either. Sending prayers and hugs.

Marilyn I hope you are safe.

Sandi, thinking of you.
  • 316Judith
    Thank you Susan for sharing Stampin’Up Cards. I buy from the company here in Canada and make Cards and also do Scrapbooks. I love their products. My daughter introduced me to them years ago that got me hooked. She thought I would like to have my own business with them but at the time my life was too busy with being a Leader and fulfilling Ministry obligations in my Home Church with Teaching Bible, Leading Groups and Speaking at Special Church events. But like you Susan I so enjoy making cards.

Barb, thank you for your prayers. So happy it’s cooler for you. Having some rain I am sure has helped. Blessings on your Sunday!

Linda, glad Denver is cooler than Grand Junction. Gives you a rest from the excessive heat.

Marilyn JC and Sandi, thinking of you three ladies, hope this day finds you well!

Thank you for your kindness and all your prayers. Think it all came down on me yesterday, Heat flood issues. Think the heat has caused issues with my pain levels. It’s been just over the top! Enough of that I will get through with God’s Strength. God Is Good!

God Bless you all! ❤️🙏🤗

P.S. I shared a New Language in our Homophone Thread: (Spanish Homophones) I found them on the internet and will share what I Learn! 😀
  • Paraest
    I knit and crochet and with a new baby coming near my birthday, that keeps me busy.
    Mariposa will be a big sister and this embryo is her sibling. We don't know what it is but should find out in Hong Hong's 20 week so coming up soon.
    So I will be busy plus with the babysitting I do with the grandbabies.Plus making something for the new baby. Thank you. I'll keep it in mind if I ever have time.
    I do have a photo that I like to try and draw too, in my spare time too.
    Thankyou for sharing!!
    Have a great day all!
    Prayers for all and Judith especially with all that she is dealing with health and her condo after the flooding.
  • Healthyme7410
    I need to clarify for Barb and Sandi a little about my crazy traveling life. We have two houses so when I say we "travel over the mountain" it is from Denver to Grand Junction or vice versa. Our house in he Denver area is a two story 5 bedroom house that our daughter lives in and the one in Grand Junction is a small ranch style that is our future retirement home. All three of our children and 5 grandchildren live in the Denver area, we have all our doctors, dentist, are in Denver as well as our home church where my husband is an elder. Next year our granddaughter graduates from high school and plans to enroll in the university in Grand Junction. Our daughter will move to Grand Junction with our granddaughter and we will sell our big house and move to Grand junction more full time. In Grand Junction is where my husband's family live. We bought a house there so we could have a place to stay as we helped his sister take care of his parents. They have both passed away but we love living in a smaller town with less traffic so we prefer to be there more often than in the Denver area. We also oversee a church of 40 people that Denver started 10 years ago. We have some property that we inherited that is 150 acres of some flatland but mostly mountain near Montrose Colorado. It is at 8000 feet and we have a small trailer that we put on there for the summer. We go there when it gets so hot in Grand Junction (it is an arid location) we go there to cool off. My husband started a seminary that we also are very involved in that is all online giving master's degrees in Biblical studies (both English and Spanish), pastoral counseling, and spiritual formation that keeps us busy. I am the registrar for the school. I'm sorry it that was very long but we live a busy life and now you know some of the details of it.

Yesterday we went to spend time with our son and his family. They told us some great news about their 3 year old daughter. She has had absent seizures for quite a while and they have been working on getting the medication correct. Since the last medication change they are seeing a decline in her seizures. She may have had one in the past week but other than that she has been seizure free. We are praising God for this news. Her 15 year old brother has the same disorder but with age has become seizure free unless he becomes very stressed.

Today I go the doctor to get some lab work in preparation for my 6 month appointment for medication refills. I have been fasting since noon yesterday and am feeling a bit weak this morning. I will be leaving soon to walk to the doctor office and then will have breakfast. I think I will take it with me so I can eat on the way home to get my strength back.
  • Paraest
    LInda
    Thank you for calrifying. Sorry for the mixup. I trust I can remember now. I know the traffic in Denver can be very busy but the mountains are pretty. Then they are pretty wherever you are. Even WY snowies can be gorgeous!
    Neat LInda about the seminary and Spanish. Both my sons can speak Spanish. We are looking for a church as we have a change in pastoral staff. We think we found one as the pastor is so good. I sit at my edge of my seat.
    I plan on going to the craft mroning on Friday. In small groups it's easier to memorize names with people. Sunday is a church picnic so that might be fun too.

So I hope Marilyn, Sandi and JC hope you are having a good day. Prayers if not as God knows.

Judith I hope you are doing well and each day gets you closer to having your place back together. Praying for that anyway.

Well the heat will be coming back but slowly.
    Any ideas as some animal is eating our green tomatoesd. I have no idea how to stop it. Everything I've tried is NOT working. Hot pepeprs, hair, moth balss, not sue what else to try.
    Have a good eve.
    Thank you Judith for ALL you do for the team too!!
    God bless you all!!
  • LosinSusin
    Barb, I found this on Google:

'Known nibblers on home-grown tomatoes include birds, rabbits, squirrels (both ground and tree), rats, hornworms, and even slugs and snails. Start by doing some detective work to figure out likely suspects.'

I guess each pest would be handled differently?

Congratulations on the coming new baby. That will be a wonderful event. Glad to know you like crafting too.

Linda I hope the tests go well for you today. September is getting closer. Will they need to do more tests before your hip surgery? That is so good about your granddaughter! I am also amazed that she is 3 already. I remember when she was a newborn. Time goes so fast. God is good.

Judith, I remember you saying how much you enjoy cardmaking 😄 Did any of your craft supplies get damaged in the flood? I am so sorry you are having more pain today and will pray about that. I was interested in the Spanish homophones too so will check out that thread. Hugs.

Waving at Marilyn and Sandi.
  • 316Judith
    Hello Ladies,

Susan, to answer your question about my craft supplies and card stock, everything is fine. No damage. Praise God!

Thanks for sharing Linda, I hope your tests go well. And I too am thinking about your upcoming surgery in September.

Barb, I am so excited about your new coming grand baby, look forward to hear what your daughter in law is having. I am sure what ever you make will be lovely!

I have Canstar coming in morning for another evaluation. Will keep you posted.

Marilyn JC and Sandi, thinking of you and praying for you three as I pray for the whole team!

Good Night and God Bless you! 😴🙏🤗
  • semsmith5408
    semsmith5408 Posts: 960 Member
    Linda, my daughter and family live in Colorado Springs not sure if I’ve mentioned that before. They love it out there but we don’t get to see them very often.
    Thanks for the waves Susan! Good to hear from everyone!
    My hubby is recovering well from Covid. It has been more like a bad cold, so far no fever. It’s just going to take awhile for him to get his strength back. Appreciate the prayers🙏🩷🙏
  • Paraest
    Hope your dh gets over Covid soon. Plus that you do not get it.
    How far away are you from Colorado Springs?. 🙏🏻🙏🏻
  • LosinSusin
    Good morning, Barb.

Good to hear from you, Sandi. Especially good to hear your husband is recovering now. My daughter and her family lives a long way from us too, in Cairns Queensland. That's why we're travelling in August, to see them all.

Judith, I hope Canstar has bearable news for you. I really feel for you, going through this repair of the Condo with your health challenges. Has the smoke thinned out yet? I am concerned for Marilyn too that the fires may still be raging. Glad your craft supplies are alright!

Linda, thinking of you and hoping the medical tests go well.

Am grooming dogs today and have to go grocery shopping. Meanwhile the washing is on.
  • Paraest
    I hope all had a good day.
    We are getting haze from the fires out west in Oregon. Not to bad here but panhandle Nebraska & both Dakotas have it worse.
    We will be back to normal in temps & then in the 90’s. Hoping the 100’s stay away.
    Hope all have a great night sleep.
    Prayers for all. 🙏🏻
  • Healthyme7410
    I received my lab results today and my A1C has decreased but my fasting blood sugar is still the same even after fasting for 24 hours. I wish they had kept the old parameters for blood sugar then I would still be normal. I see the doctor on Friday so we will see what he says. I am still in the pre-diabetic zone.

I took my friend to lunch and to get a haircut today. She is very forgetful and kept showing me the same pictures of her family over and over. I feel sorry for her that she does not remember things like she used to when I first met her. I paid for lunch but she kept asking who paid and felt sorry that someone had to pay for her. Some day I may be the same way with someone else so I try not to complain.

I am going to try to donate blood again on Friday after taking iron for a week. My daughter gave blood today and her hemoglobin was really high even after her weight loss surgery and eating so little.

Not much going on exciting today. Anxious to hear what Canstar is thinking now about your apartment Judith, Hello to the rest of you. Dinner is almost ready!
  • 316Judith
    Linda, So sorry to hear that after 24 hour of fasting there was no change but glad your AIC has decreased. Hope your Doctor has some answers for you. I am happy you are still a pre-diabetic. Hope you are able to give blood on Friday as you are hoping.

Barb, sorry to hear about the Haze from the Wildfires. Please stay safe. Hope the fires settle down in your area.

Susan, sounds like a busy day with grooming Jasper and Archie and doing laundry.

Sandi, I continue to pray for you and your husband. Pray he gets his strength back and is completely healed from Covid.

Thank you all for asking about the repairs. I had 2 groups come in to take pictures look at the rooms and ceilings again. There is a lot of work that needs doing. I will bring a full report by end of the week as Canstar hasn’t given it to the Property
    manager.

Have a good Nite Sleep 😴 See you all tomorrow. So it’s Good Nite from me and God Bless! 🙏😴
  • 316Judith
    Good Afternoon All

Surprise Surprise I came here this morning and brought you your Devotions and Bible Reading and Commentary Thoughts, worked in all our Team Threads and now I am back here at Chat Cafe, I posted and responded to all your Posts last night so will let you read those replies.

Today our Weather has sure changed from super hot to quite cool, 75 degrees and is very hazy today, not sure if it has something to do with the wildfires here in BC!

I have some results from yesterdays assessment with Canstar and Property Manager! It is a brief report for now but when the completed assessment comes in I will share with you.

Flooding and Repair Updates for Judith

Canstar and Project Manager Came Tuesday to do a complete assessment of every room in my suite.

Then later in day a Construction Worker came to give Estimates to the Property Manager on all the Structural Repairs that are needed to be done in my Suite!

Property Manager said every Ceiling in my suite had to be repaired sealed and painted.

They are still waiting for final assessment regarding the commercial carpet that is there now and said they will likely take it up and put plank flooring down in the entire suite.

These reports from Canstar will be sent to my Insurance Adjuster so he can work on finding a temporary place for me to live while repairs are made.

Below is the Brief Report from Canstar I copied and pasted for you to see.

STRUCTURAL DAMAGE:
    (brief description of building damage)

304 - vinyl plank, drywall, baseboards, cabinetry
    204 - ceiling, drywall, lino, carpet/pad, baseboards, cove base
    104 - ceiling, drywall, lino, commercial carpet, baseboards, cove base

Blessings on your day! Tomorrow I am at VGH for Surgeon follow up. Won’t get back here until late Thursday afternoon. God Bless you all! 🙏❤️🤗
  • Healthyme7410
    Judith - that is a lot to repair! If they put in new flooring, will you had to put your furniture into storage? I know you have quite a few curio cabinets full of things that are very fragile. I am so sorry that one man's poor decision has caused your so much grief. I wonder how long it will take to get all the repairs done since there are three floors to deal with. I am praying for your Surgeon follow up. I assume that he is over his COVID at this time.

We enjoying the cooler weather here. It is only 93F (33.8C) here in Denver. It is 100F (37.7C) in Grand Junction so I am glad we are here for a few more days.

Our guests left to go back to Texas today. Although we do not charge to use the house, they did send us some money which is really nice. When I get back there on Saturday, I will have lots of laundry waiting on me and things to put away like extra linen we used on the two beds we usually do not use. I probably will be tired from traveling so I am put off the laundry and remaking the beds until Monday. I am glad that i do not have to go back to work on Monday but can take my time cleaning up.

Susan - how often do you have to groom your boys? I know my son takes his dog to the groomer and they pay a lot of money each time! I am glad that you are able to do it by yourself. Although not the same at all, I used to cut Glenn's hair when we were first married. I did not like to do it because mistakes can easily show, but it saved us a lot of money when we were first starting out as newlyweds with not much money.

Greeting to the rest of you. I am taking a short break from cleaning the bathrooms and laundry here. I hope you are doing well.