Chat Cafe

Replies

• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    gsuvifyg4e7p.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,566 Member
    Susan - thanks for the recipe - it sounds delicious and nice for a hot summer day. I will need to check out the Keto cake mix. Gluten makes my joints ache and I try to stay away from sugar. This sounds like a good substitute.

My husband turned on the sprinklers today to water the grass. It is getting long and he needs to mow it soon. We aerated it over the weekend so the water sinks down into the ground better. I hope we do not have any weather below freezing after the watering today.

I spend quite a bit of the day at the museum of nature and science with my daughter and grandkids. We saw the IMAX 3D movie about the migrating paths of three different birds. It is amazing how God placed in them the instinct to travel so far and to go to the same place as they were born. It was fun to watch then travel in the Spring, have babies and complete the circle back to warmer areas in the winter. We also went to see the other displays that the kids wanted to see.

Tomorrow I go to school with my second grade granddaughter. It is the last day of school for them. They are home schooled so this school is only one day a week to add to their home school curriculum. The next day our 4th grade grandson is helping with a school play so we will go see it, then go to our son's house to pick up the rototiler that he has been fixing for us so we can get the garden ready to plant.
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,439 Member
    Marilyn, that's a nice thing to do ☺️

You're welcome for the recipe, Linda. I find it a lovely salad. It's Colin's favourite which is great as he won't eat most salad vegetables! And I find the same thing with my joints and eating sugar or gluten. I still have arthritis especially in the hands bit don't get nearly as many hip and back problems by not eating sugar and gluten
    I also find I don't get candles as much. Keto foods are great for avoiding sugar and gluten 🤗

The museum trip sounded like something I would have loved to do, too.

Enjoy your grandchildren time ❤️

I made cards for a market I am taking part in on Friday. I have a ukelele session in the morning then will get back into organising my market stall. It's run in our little village so is usually a lot of fun.
  • Marilynsretired
    3eik9xpdse6c.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    It was a very fun day going with the grandkids to their school. They have a lot of fun and have learned so much. A lot of what they are learning is done to the tune of songs. It works very well.

It was 33 this mornng but warmed up as the day went along. I am so glad it was not one degree lower since we had just watered the lawn. It is supposed to be in the 70's tomorrow.
  • LosinSusin
    The temps are going down here, Linda. It's still rainy and cool. I love be it. Your day at the school sounded fun!

Marilyn, there's a lot of wisdom in your quote today.

My highlight? The ukelele group,! I had a ball with them this morning and am still grinning 😂
  • Healthyme7410
    We are on an unexpected trip back to our retirement home today. We got a call saying my Mother- in law passed away this morning so are going to be with the family. There are a lot of preparations and decisions to be made so I will probably not be on here for a little while. Prayers are appreciated for us as we go through this difficult time.
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,639 Member
    Thank you Susan, I
    Leave it all in God’s Hands. I know a day will come and I will finally get my surgery.

Good News I got a call Monday from the Imaging Department at the Cancer Clinic. They have me and others on their June schedule to get both CT Scans I have been waiting on since end of March.

I am so happy, they are calling me in May with an exact day and time but wanted to put my mind at ease so I knew my name is on for June! 😊

Your salad you posted in our recipe section looks so good. After I get my surgery done and can eat normal diet I will make it and enjoy every bite! 😋

God’s Blessings on your day and week ahead ❤️
  • fancyqtr
    fancyqtr Posts: 183 Member
    Linda, I am sorry about the loss of your mother-in-law. I pray that the Lord comforts her entire family.

That trip to the museum sounds wonderful. I think I will check it out.

Judith, I am glad you are finally able to get your needs met.

We had Bible study this morning and will have our last one for this season next week. I think this week showed me some of the problems that I have. I am hoping that I can manage the 2nd part of that study.
  • Marilynsretired
    ym8leb7hbewu.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    My sentiments 3xactly, Marilyn. I think we all can use that thought.

Fancyqtr, that's so good that Bible study helped you. ❤ The Lord knows what we need and when.

Judith, it's a relief to know you will be seen in June. Yes, we' ll just keep trusting the Lord for what you need. Xx

Linda, I am so sorry about the loss of your Mother-in-law. Will be praying for all of you at this difficult time. 🙏

Will spend more time here tomorrow. I have a couple of deadlines to meet so am just checking in tonight.
  • Marilynsretired
    z02pba9d56u2.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    That's so true, Marilyn.

The Craft Market went well today. 😊❤️
  • 316Judith
    Good Morning All

Linda; My sincere condolences and prayers to you and your family in the recent loss of your beloved Mother in law. I am so sorry for your loss. ❤️🙏

Marilyn, thank you for these timely quotes and inspirations you share; always appreciated! 😊

Susan; so happy your Craft Market went well. What types of crafts were sold? Thank you for your prayers. I join you and thank God that my CT Scans are being done in June. Now I wait on my surgery, hope my surgeon finds the OR Space and a bed for me. Will keep you posted on that!

Fancyqtr: I agree with Susan and am so glad the Bible Study ministered to you and helped, God’s Word brings healing and restoration. I am thankful we have God’s Word that brings life to our souls and helps us to grow in the Lord and develop Christ like characters. Enjoy your studies. Thank you for sharing with us. 📖😊

We are just about winding down with the month of April with May just around the corner. You all have done great with your Daily Goals with raising the bar to your personal best! Keep up the great work!

God Bless your Day and Weekend! ❤️🙏
  • Marilynsretired
    qsdrfum1fzg7.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Thank-you so much for your prayers and thoughts. It really helps to know I have friends who care so much to pray for me and my family. It is a whirlwind here of activities from getting ready for the memorial, cooking meals, canceling appointments, and notifying the appropriate people of the death. I have been looking at what is posted but no time to play games or do fun things.
  • LosinSusin
    Linda, that's all very understandable, hon. 💕 Will keep praying for you all. Hugs.

Marilyn, I miss those shows too!

Judith, praising God for His care and concern for you. ,🙏❤️

At the craft market we had sewers, cardmakers like me, woodworkers, diamond dot picture makers, jam & chutney makers, knitters, crocheters, painters, leather workers, cooks with all sorts of baked sweets & candy, metalworkers, and probably more I have not remembered! It was a fun afternoon and I sold quite a few cards. Someone has come to my door looking for cards since then too ☺️

I had a 90 minute Telehealth appointment with a very thorough Dr today. He has ordered some tests. I felt validated and like we are on to something. One thing he is testing is whether I am allergic to my asthma inhalers! Wow. No one has ever suggested that. It could explain why I cannot get rid of the asthma! Anyway, we'll see what happens after I do the tests and go back for results in mid June.
  • Marilynsretired
    yfrsgazvr5lh.jpg
  • 316Judith
    Afternoon Hello Team,

Linda, my condolences and my prayers continue for you your husband and family. I am so sorry for your loss. I so understand with all that you need to get done before the memorial. I wish I could help you. One thing I can do is pray, you can count on my prayers and the rest of us here. We love you Linda, you are family, we here are all family who stand together with prayer and support. ❤️

Susan, thank you for sharing, your Doctor sounds like one who is very caring and one who will get things done for you. That is so amazing, I wouldn't of even thought of the wondering if your asthma inhalers are causing problems. Will be sure to keep those tests in much prayer. Your Craft Fair sounds like it was a wonderful day. So happy you sold your cards and even getting people come to your door looking for cards. That must give you a great feeling of accomplishment.

Marilyn, thank you for all your posts, I have great memories of all the Andy Griffin shows our cable tv recorded through the years, up to a few years ago they re-played all the old shows. We sure need good wholesome family shows today, especially with living in such evil times.

Blessings on your day and weekend...❤️😊
  • LosinSusin
    I got two photos of the craft fair, courtesy of a roving photographer!

xt2bg7jskpq8.jpg

That's me sitting down.

shuefykoc8k1.jpg

I used two tables!

Judith, I am really hoping for some answers from this Dr, as I am sure you are too. This Dr calls himself a medical detective! Sounds good, doesn't it.

Linda, I am with you in prayers and in spirit.

Marilyn, thank you for that compassionate reminder.