Chat Cafe

Replies

• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    r2cbp059zi9e.jpg
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,639 Member
    Afternoon Hello All,

Marilyn, I say a hearty Amen for the 10 Daily Reminder post you shared. I so agree, thank you for sharing.

Susan and Linda, thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers.

I am so excited to begin the brand new Month of May. I posted our New Daily Devotional and our new Monthly Team Challenges for May. Hope you will join me. Lets raise the Bar to our personal best, we can together, 1 step and 1 day at a time.

I will send out my Congratulations note to you later tonight who have joined me and completed your April Team Goals. Good Job All, keep up the great work....

God's Blessings on your evening and week ahead... ❤️🙏🤗
  • Marilynsretired
    83ahe96g7y2h.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited May 2022
    Good morning.

Good reminders, Marilyn.

Judith, all the best with the challenges! I rarely join in the eating ones as I follow a Keto lifestyle so can't eat the same 🤗 eg I never eat fruit, limit serves of veges, keep carbs under 20 per day, am gluten intolerant, don't worry about fibre etc. I hope everyone following the challenges has success.

I am terrible with exercise too! Lol! I go for a couple of walks a week.

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,566 Member
    edited May 2022
    It is a very busy day trying to get last minute details done. I feel a bit befuddled. On the bright side, I recieved a lovely minature yellow rose bush from a good friend on Sunday. I love roses and plan to plant it so I can see it blooming outside my window. Yellow is a bright and happy color.
  • LosinSusin
    edited May 2022
    Thinking of you Linda and hoping and praying that the next few days will all pass smoothly. 🙏 How lovely about the yellow rose bush from your friend. 💕

Judith, I am having some tests done to see exactly what I am allergic to. There is a suggestion that even my asthma puffers may be causing reactions. I should know in 6 weeks what can be done to ease all my symptoms. I finally found a doctor who is interested in finding these things out. Thankful to God for that contact.

I am staying home today as Colin had a lot of medical appointments and needed to do the running around. We had a solar panel cleaner come this morning and we were expecting a package or 2 to be delivered so I skipped my ukulele class today. The dogs sure appreciate the company, especially as the puppy isn't house trained. I have taken him out half a dozen times this morning! Lol! 🐾🐾🐾
  • 316Judith
    Evening Hello All

Thank you for sharing Marilyn; it sure makes you think, yes, Its good to want to be like those who are no longer with us. My dear Mom had a heart of gold, she always thought of others needs, putting others before her own, I remember how generous my Mom was, she went out of her way to bless others with their favorite things, she would find out what you liked and she would buy it and tuck it inside a birthday or Christmas gift bag. Yes it’s good to be like those who are not with us. 😊 and that is how I want to be!

Susan, the Nutrition and Fitness Challenges are suggestions, you can follow them or do your own Nutritional and Fitness Challenges. Linda and Lori post what they are doing, we would love to have you join us, it’s great to support one another and to have others to be accountable to! Consider coming onboard, I would be so happy and I know Linda and Lori would be too! Walking is a great form of fitness, nothing wrong with keto diet, at least you are finding ways to keep fit and healthy! 👏👍

Linda my thoughts and prayers are with you, my heart goes out to you with your recent loss of your beloved Mother-in-law, it does sound like a busy time getting it all pulled together for the Memorial Service. That was so nice to receive the Yellow Rose Plant. I agree, yellow brings happy thoughts.

God Bless your evening… ❤️😊🙏
  • Marilynsretired
    jcyxn4jtigbz.jpg
  • 316Judith
    Amen: I so agree Marilyn; what comes to mind is the inspiration I got from the background picture, God’s Beautiful Creation; He made the day and He made the night with the stars in the sky that illuminates the sky and lights up the areas God wants us to see, God guides and directs our every step. Praise the Lord! Thank you Marilyn for another inspirational quote.

Susan I shared in yesterdays post some key areas I hope will help you from some of the thoughts you shared in response to what I posted. Hope it helps.

Linda, my prayers continue for you and your family!

God’s Blessings on your afternoon and week ahead! ❤️🙏
  • LosinSusin
    Judith, thank you so much for your healthful suggestions. I will check out the challenge thread! I do stick to the food that doesn't make me uncomfortable. It would be nice to lose more weight but I seem to have stalled at losing 11kgs. I'm keeping that off, thankfully!

Marilyn, I agree. I feel so out of step sometimes because I am taking pictures of clouds, bugs, flowers etc while most people around me don't seem to see it why. The Lord is the Creator indeed. His beauty is everywhere.

Linda, praying you are doing alright and hubby is, too.

• Marilynsretired
    ezfbzfgpys37.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    That's true, Marilyn. I was just listening to a study on marriage. Basically if we have that principle of doing kind acts without expecting a return within a marriage, it is stronger. Your partner always knows you have their back if you do things from kindness, not keeping score about what you did for the other person. 💕

A slow day here today. Colin is getting ready for his big trip. We were going to go out for lunch with friends but they are sick so we'll stay home.

Thinking of you all in prayer. 🙏💕
  • Healthyme7410
    The memorial service was wonderful. It is a relief to get it done but there is still much to do but not the stress of getting it done in a few days. All three children coming here had problems coming over the mountain because they were in snow storms over the two days. Our daughter said it was so hard for her to see they stopped to stay all night at a hotel and then left when the snow had stopped and they could see the roads better when it was light. Our other daughter and son were able to drive through the storm. Two are leaving to go back to Denver tomorrow and our son will be leaving on Saturday. We have had a full house as well as full hearts to have all the children here at one time. thank-you for your prayers and love. I hope to get back into a routine now once everyone else has gone back home.
  • Healthyme7410
    Laundry is being done, cleaning of reminders that grandkids were here are picked up and the smell of lilies for the funeral arrangements are in the air. We are finally getting back to the "new normal". Our first daughter left after breakfast, our second daughter will leave after lunch and our son will be camping and fishing for another day. Life is good!

Our grandson had his neurology appointment for his seizures yesterday that went well. They are scheduing an EEG to study his brain in two weeks. Thanks for your prayers for him. It is so frustrating because he is aware he is having them and knows he is missing out on information. He does not want to get behind in school because he can not understand what the teacher is saying at times. The seizures only last about 3-5 seconds but they disrupt his thoughts and what he can hear. Please continue to pray for him.
  • Marilynsretired
    u79bic9rfflh.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    That's true, Marilyn. Experience counts.

Linda, thank you for letting us know about the memorial service. Glad you all got through alright and have the blessing of family around you now. Praying for your grandson.

The ladies from church went out to breakfast today which was lovely. The men also had a BBQ breakfast meeting.

We're getting ready for Colin to board his train now. Praying he'll have a good trip..
  • 316Judith
    Evening Hello All

Susan, Praying for Colin’s trip, safe travels. Thanks for checking out May’s Team Challenges, remember you are welcome to create your own nutrition goals and fitness, we would be pleased to have you onboard.

Linda, my prayers continue for you during this difficult time in all of your lives. Know we all care, we love you Linda. We are family.

Marilyn, thanks for all the quotes and inspiration you share.. keep them coming, as they encourage us all.

Wishing all the Special Mother’s a Happy and Blessed Mother’s Day Weekend. May your day be blessed abundantly! ❤️🌸
  • Marilynsretired
    25s52qf2k90e.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    💌 🎈🎉Happy Mother's Day to everyone. 🎀👗💕 I hope it is a very encouraging day for you.

We were cleaning out closets at my mother-in-laws house today. She still had my father-in-law's clothes in the closets and he has been gone for 2 1/2 years. It was dusty and hot but we did get a lot of work accomplished. She had a lot of material that I brought home to wash and see if I can use it. Some of it was denim squares that I believe that she was planning to make a quilt with. I cut up some of her older pants that had the elastic totally worn out to make squares to combine with the dark blue denim to give it some color. I will try to make the quilt she had planned.

• LosinSusin
    edited May 2022
    Yes, Marilyn, keep posting. They all make me think.

Judith, thank you for inviting me to the May challenge thread. Thank you for praying for Colin in his travels. He arrived at our son's place this morning after travelling for 16 hours on the train. He'll be there two weeks then travel up to our daughter's house. Hope you are doing better 🌹❤️

Linda, thinking of you.

Happy Mother's Day to you all. Our church honoured us and gave us each a small box of lovely chocolates this morning. Pastor preached on Prov 31:10-31.

Col bought me flowers before leaving. I took a picture of them with pictures of our dearly departed Moms. My Mom is on the right, centre front in the pink sweater. Col is on the left with his Mum. She was only 4'11". I miss them both but one day we'll be together again in heaven, thanks be to God. 💐

s711vfmzxkvf.jpg