Chat Cafe

Replies

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,566 Member
    🥰 Happy Spiritual Birthday to Me!🥰 On Mother's Day 34 years ago I made Jesus Lord of my life. I have never regretted that decision. Life has had it's ups and downs but Jesus has never left me alone in the struggles. He is all I need both now and forever.

My husband attempted to make me breakfast in bed but I got up earlier than he expected so we ate at the table. I really do appeciate him making breakfast for me!

Susan the flowers are beautiful as well as the pictures. I hope Col has a safe trip. I'm sorry if I missed it but is this a business trip? Riding on a train for that distance would seem to me to be a nice way to travel. You can sleep when you want, eat when you want without the stress of traffic. When my Mom traveled by train she really enjoyed getting to meet different people and visiting. I did not get the gregarious gene from her but I would like seeing the scenery as I traveled.

I hope everyone has a blessed day.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    bnnqpl58h8k6.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    l9tzezmx9y82.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Marilyn - that is really funny!

We are getting the vegetable beds ready to plant today. We do not have as much room here so when we get back to Denver, we will be planting a bigger garden there and our daughter will take care of it and share in the produce. I hope the calcium we put in the soil last winter will help the tomatoes to not have blossom rot this year.

My Tuesday morning Bible Study group is discussing having boundaries this week. I hate making boundaries that will make the other person have unpleasant consequences. These will lead to change but I am an enabler and hate to see it happen. I will be praying about this because it is not healthy to allow people to be disrespectful of others lives.
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,440 Member
    Linda, good to have you back. I agree, it is really stressful to have people disrespecting others and then have to address it yourself. Hopeful that it will all work out well for all concerned.

Colin no longer works. His health doesn't allow it. This train trip was purely for family reasons. He needed a break and is really happy to be with the new baby. I love this photo of the two of them. He's a baby whisperer!! 💕💕💕

8722ene917lx.jpeg

Marilyn and Linda, you both found good things to post! Thank you!

• 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,639 Member
    Good Morning All,

Thank you all for sharing. My prayers are with you all. Hope your Mother’s Day was blessed as you celebrated your special day! 🌸💗

Susan, Trust all is well and Colin had he had a good trip. The picture of your Mother’s Day bouquet is lovely, thank you for sharing.

Linda, the quilt would be lovely for you to make. I am praying for your grandson. Please let me know how he is doing and when he sees the neurologist.

Marilyn, thank you for the inspirations you share here. Always appreciated.

My Mother’s Day was blessed with texts and phone calls from family and friends. I received 2 beautiful hanging baskets from my family and a beautiful Mum’s plant from a friend.

Yesterday was a busy day with back and forth calls from my surgeon’s office telling me there had been a cancellation at the hospital and they would now be able to do my surgery next week on May 18th… they are sending me papers and getting me set up with an anesthesia appointment and would follow me up with all that later today. I am rejoicing that surgery is finally being done. Praise God! Thank you for your prayers.

Blessings on your day! ❤️🙏😊
  • Marilynsretired
    rsxrn8cgwq2e.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Judith -This is such great news that the surgery has been scheduled for next week. This is a long time coming. As your devotions said today - if you have the faith like the grain of a mustard seed you can move mountains. I feel like this is a mountain that we as a group were able to move. God is so good!

Susan - Colin looks so comfortable with the baby. I am glad he was able to go and spend time with family. He has had lots of health challenges over the years that you have shared with us. This is also wonderful and also the answer to our prayers for his health and the health of the baby. There are so many things to be grateful for is we just take the time to see them.
  • LosinSusin
    Judith, we must have posted at the same time! Glad you enjoyed the bouquet. Don't miss Col and Inara's picture now 😃 I am super glad to hear you are going to get some treatment/surgery next week! Only five days to go! The Lord is so good, all the time 🙏🥰

Marilyn, I really like that one 🤗

Linda, Col is known as a baby whisperer! He is remarkably good with babies and they love him. Yes, his health issues have only escalated over our 25+ years together but he always acts like they are nothing. That's a blessing too, his usual positive attitude. Inara is six weeks old already and they are happy with her progress. She's still so tiny! It touches my heart to see her photos. 💓 Thank you for praying for my family, hon.

It's raining heavily here and the rivers are rising again, so it's a quiet day at home for me with my two dogs. We're in a place well above the flood levels. Everything is cancelled due to the flooding and rain. We'll have YouTube church tonight. My friend who cleans for me is staying home today. I did get my grocery order delivered, which was lovely. The delivery man drives a medium sized truck and hopefully won't take any risks in the rain. I like staying home so it's still a nice day for me. Peaceful.
  • Marilynsretired
    x6us7xvtq6po.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    This will be short since it is past midnight and I need to get to bed. I am washing clothes late in the day and I want to get them put in the dryer or hung up before sleeping. Today was pretty quiet. We spent time with my sister-in-law just talking and letting her decide what she wanted to do. She had 6 hours of sleep yesterday so she was looking better. She had taken care of her parents for over 20 years so now she says she does not know what her purpose is anymore. There are much less responsiblities to do and she feels "lost". I think right now just listening to her is what is best. Pleasant dreams to all on this side of the world and Good morning Susan!
  • 316Judith
    Good Morning All

Susan, I agree it appears we both posted same time. I just went and saw the picture of Colin and Inara, so Precious, Colin’s smile says it all, he is looking so proud to be holding Inara, you can see the sparkle in his eyes. Yes, Inara is so tiny but is so sweet, yes, she is still pretty tiny but she will soon put on more weight. Thank you for sharing the picture and telling me it was there.

Marilyn, thank you for sharing, blessings on your day! Trust all is well with you and the family!

Linda, it was late when you were posting. And doing laundry so late! But I understand you would want to get it all done before heading to bed. It’s hard for your sister in law right now, after caring for her parents for so long it will take time for her to adjust. For sure my prayers are with her and praying for you as you minister to her and the members of the family. Glad you were able to sit with her listening and letting her do the talking. It’s probably just what she needed. Happy she slept better and was looking better when you were with her last. Hope you slept well.

Blessings on your day everyone! 😊🙏
  • Marilynsretired
    efgah8fn2wee.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    It was a "sit at my desk all morning" type of day today. I had a zoom conference with others who are doing Parish Nursing in Colorado. They were focusing on careing for those who are donating or recieving organs. It was interesting since I have never dealt with that type of nursing. I have one more phone call and then I will go exercise. I certainly have not burnt off many calories sitting so long today!

It is a little cooler today and much less wind. It was so bad yesterday that it was hard to see very far in the distance as we were driving.
  • LosinSusin
    Good afternoon all. I thought I posted here yesterday but maybe not?

Linda, I agree, your sister-in-law will have a lot of adjusting to do. I'm glad she can stay with you for a while. I think you would look after her well and give her time to talk. Thinking of you all.

Judith, glad you saw the photo. Inara was thought to have a lot of problems when she was born so early but she is developing well. It's just a matter of time and good care.

Marilyn, I am sending you a big hug too.

There is still torrential rain and local flooding here. I am safe. In this weather I just stay home, which is no hardship. 🤗💕
  • 316Judith
    Good Morning,

Marilyn, loved the quote Hug Picture, sending you big Hugs 🤗🤗🤗

Linda, your Zoom conference discussing organ sharing and receiving would of been very interesting. My nursing didn't involve transplants either. So happy you are enjoying. Hope you enjoy the rest of your day. Glad the weather is better, less windy, but hope it warms up for you.

Susan, yes seeing the picture of Colin and Inara was so precious, she has come a long ways. Yes, I agree with good care and time she will continue to do well and put more weight on. She is such a sweetheart. So sorry you have the torrential rain and flooding, hope your weather clears up soon.

Our weather has been really chilly for Spring Season here, cloudy, sunny, windy and rainy at times...Today it looks like it might clear and maybe we will get some sunny skies in between the rain showers. Blessings on your day and weekend ahead. 😊❤️🙏
  • Marilynsretired
    0f27157wixaa.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Today is Friday 13 - the day superstitius people fear. My aunt was a seamstress and would never cut out any clothing on that day. I am glad I do not have to depend on luck as to how my days go. I have Jesus who plans my life out for my best.

I tried to help my friend pressure can some meat today and it was a disaster! She wanted to do it outside on a propane stove because her canner was too big and heavy to put on her glass top stove in the house. The wind was blowing softly so I thought it would be OK but it was not. We had trouble regulating the heat to keep the pressure even and the wind would blow the fire out periodically. She finally said "I give up - I am going to sell this canner to someone else." We let it cool down then we could not get the top off because it had formed a vaccuum. Three of us adults tried to get the top off but were unsuccessful. My friend had a friend with the same canner so she was going to call her to see if this ever happened to her before. I hope all the meat was not ruined after being left in the canner for so long.

I hope all of you are having a better day then my friend had. Every day has it's blessings if we just look for them. The friendship and camaraderie of all of you is one of my best blessings. 💖🌼
  • LosinSusin
    Hello my friends.

I had a pretty uneventful day. It's still raining but is supposed to ease off. We will still have YouTube church tomorrow as there is still a lot of flooded roads.

All is well otherwise.
  • Marilynsretired
    umrdp0i5iq65.jpg