Chat Cafe

Replies

• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    Today is a good day - no a great day as I was in Church and heard another great service based from Psalm 142. How we say we love Jesus, that we know Jesus, but to we really no Him personally, walking and sharing everything with Him daily or are we in the habit of talking only when we are doing a 'study' at a given time and only talking when we feel we need help. Do we really come to Him with everything - all the little things that throw us off track, do we come to him daily to share our joy and happiness of what we have, do we know Christ in an intimate way - the way He desires us to know him. Unfortunately sometimes it takes something tragic to make this happen - the Pastor had a lady that works in the office give her story - and it brought everyone to tears - she shared how she has been walking with the Lord for just over 20 years and loves Christ but in 2018 she was put to the test of this love - she was diagnozed with colin cancer stage 3 - not good. I met this lady over 1 year ago and she comes across as a true believer one that really follows Christ but she admitted that the true walk with the Lord did not happen until this horrible disease came a part of her life. And you can tell how this 'sickness' has drawn her to a closer walk - in the good and the bad - she walked about the 'why me' you get when the worse happens and she got the same answer I did when cancer hit me not once but twice - the answer we both got was 'Why not you?' - guess why I am sharing this is to remind us all ( including me ) to take a look at our walk with the Lord - is it truly an intimate and pesonal walk or is it more head knowledge with enough to 'go to him when we need help' otherwise we will handle life ourselves. Just something to think about - consider reading Psalm 142 and using it as a prayer - it is powerful when you do and then 'be still and listen'

y83r4a6z17bx.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,447 Member
    Wise words, Marilyn. The Lord made sure His disciples got away for rest too. I love to spend Sundays thinking about the Lord and studying His word.

Tonight I am so cold I have gone to bed. I think my body thermostat is broken. ❄️🥶
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,639 Member
    Good Morning All

Linda, glad you got the ants under control and what Marilyn shared and me on the ssential oils helped you. The ministry about growing in Jesus and having friends that help us was good that you shared with us. Thank you. You made me chuckle about your leg story.

Susan. So happy your family are living closer now so you can see your granddaughter more often. Sure loved the picture you shared.

Marilyn as always thanks for sharing.

I am going now to get some rest now but will check back with you later. God’s Blessings on your day and week ahead. 🙏😊🤗☀️
  • Marilynsretired
    ilovljkmhmh1.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,576 Member
    Another hot day! Our truck said it was 100 as we were driving home from having lunch with friends. it needs to have the airconditioning recharged so it was only blowing slightly cool air. We have become so accustoned to comfort these days. When I was growing up, we did not have airconditioning in the house or the cars. We lived with the shade of a wonderful maple tree which cooled the house and when we sat outside in the lawn chairs. By the evening, the house was cooler when the sun went down, so we could sleep better.

I hope you are all having a good week. You re in my prayers and thoughts.
  • LosinSusin
    Feeling sick today. Headache, having trouble staying warm, and a cough. Not hungry at all. Dr says to just take painkillers. Hopefully it will blow over soon.
  • Healthyme7410
    Susan I am so sorry that you are not feeling well. I hope it is not Covid! I pray for your quick recovery and that Colin does not get it either.

We are leaving this afternoon to go to the trailer to see if there is any more damage from the leak since they have been having rain again this week. We will stop at the place that said they could work on it and try to set up an appointment. The problem is that we leave for Denver next Monday so we would not be able to pick it up for the three weeks that we are gone. He may not want us to leave it at his establishment for that long. We will find out what he says and go from there.
  • Marilynsretired
    edited July 2022
    kmitxrw2a07e.jpg

• LosinSusin
    Marilyn, it isn't Covid, thank the Lord, but it is contagious. Colin unfortunately has it today.
  • Marilynsretired
    edited July 2022
    0jjg3a0sl9bt.jpg

• Healthyme7410
    Susan - I am sorry you both have gotten sick. I hope it is not a long lasting illness. It is hard when neither of you feel well enough to care for the other one.

The trailer did not have any more damage from the leak. We dropped it off at the repair shop with a list of 7 things that need to be looked at. We will pick it up on August 15th after we return from our conference in Florida. That is the same time our daughter will come here to go to the cabin with us for a second time this year. It will help to have her along to help us fasten up the trailer to the truck. We were able to do it today but it is so nice to have an extra hand to help. The bars that prevent any sway as we go around corners are really heavy to get attached.
  • LosinSusin
    Unfortunately it IS Covid. We're self isolating, testing and having lots of fluids. Today we both feel a tiny bit better but still have a ways to go.

Linda, all the best with the trailer. I know about those sway bars. We use them on our caravan. Thank you for your good wishes and prayers for us.

Marilyn, hope you are doing better and have gotten rid of the kidney stones. 🙏

Judith, thinking of you 🙏

• 316Judith
    edited July 2022
    Evening Hello All

With our summer finally picking up I am enjoying seeing my garden take shape. My tomato plants that got planted late due to the cold damp rainy weather has now grown in leaps and bounds and is flowering now with tomatoes growing on the vine. My Hosta has flowered with lovely lavender color blooms, the day lily has grown and is starting to bloom. My other flowers are blooming nicely. Friday I have a friend who is buying more plants for me and will plant them. My grandson is coming to help clean up the yard and get rid of the extra planters I don’t need and take out the winter ground mulch that built up so my yard is back looking beautiful again. My new screen door gets installed on July 19th. With my recovery so slow I am happy I can sit out and enjoy my garden. So thankful for those who are helping me as I am just not strong enough to do the work myself.

Susan; so sorry you have been sick and Colin now has it too but ever so thankful it’s not Covid! My prayers are with you my friend! Get Well soon! Love and Hugs ❤️🙏🤗

Marilyn. Thank you for sharing all the inspirational quotes. Keep them coming! 😊💗

Linda; so glad going don’t have anymore leaks in your trailer and you can leave it at the establishment until you return from Florida. Hope you found the conference to be a blessing.

It will be nice to have your daughter help with attaching the trailer hitch to the truck, always good to have an extra pair of hands.

Hope you all have a great time away at the cabin. Any activities planned or will you just enjoy relaxing and watching the various wildlife that comes on your grounds. ❤️🤗🙏

Hope you all have a good rest of the week. Take care and God Bless. 🙏✝️
  • 316Judith
    Good Morning All

Hope everyone is doing well? Know my thoughts are with you and am praying for you always.

Today here in my part of the world it’s sunny and bright and warm. We finally have our summer after it starting late. Hope to see you all back and posting. Looks like I have replied to everyone from July 13th posting.

Linda, hope you are enjoying your conference, realize you are in Florida’s until August 15th and then travel to where you left your trailer to pick it up and travel to your cabin. Sounds like your summer is full and being a great blessing. 🙏😇🤗

Susan, hope you and Colin are improving and feeling better today. My prayers are with you both. Get Well Quickly my dear friend. 🙏😇🤗

Marilyn, thank you for the inspirational quotes you share. Keep them coming, they sure speak to us
    and minister. 😇🙏🤗

Have a great day my friends, God Bless 😇
  • Marilynsretired
    mcdukr1ouhqa.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    We had rain last night with thunder. I love that kind of storm unless it gets close and can cause harm. We had the internal parts of our TV melt together when lightning struck close to our house when living in Wisconsin. We do not have big storms like that here in Colorado. The storms are usually over quickly but give the much needed moisture. Our sprinkler systen broke last week and part of the plants I have on my patio did not get watered. It was so hot I had not gone out there so I did not see them strugging. I lost most of my mint plants, some of the parsely and part of my potato plant. The mint and parsely are strong growers so they may come back. The mint stalks are green on the tips of some of them so there is life hanging on. We have the sprinkler fixed now and they are getting adequate water but time will tell if they come back as healthy as they were a month ago.

I was on a zoom call this morning and one of the members currently had Covid. She said it is her second time and does not seen to be too bad but another member said that in Wyoming they are seeing another varient that has nausea and vomiting too. This virus is really changing and it is hard to get a handle on how to treat it. Susan - I hope you and Colin get better soon. Is this your first time having Covid?

• LosinSusin
    edited July 2022
    Hi Linda. Yes, this is our first time having Covid. I seem to have the one with gastro and the rattley cough. Colin has extreme fatigue and lack of appetite. We are both feeling the cold, sometimes chilled to the bone, so we are wrapping up well and living in our recliner chairs in the living room when we're not asleep on the bed. The dogs keep getting us up to take them out or feed them, which is normally a small thing, but we are both dragging to do that. I slept till 1pm today and could easily go back to sleep now. Col is asleep a lot too.
  • Marilynsretired
    edited July 2022
    6tqvvz929kk1.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Susan - those symptoms sound pretty normal for Covid. I am glad your dogs can not get it. It would be nice if you had a doggy door so they could let themselves out and you would not have to get up. I am praying for a quick recovery for both of you.

We are having our Bible study group over at our house tonight. The meal theme is tropical - food needs to have either pineapple, coconut or mango in them. I was planning on doing a pineapple/ham pizza but I am having problems with my dough. It is very hard to knead and I am sure it will be hard to form. I hve tried two different recipies. My recipe I usually use it at my other house and my daughter can not look it up since she is at work. I am also making a Tropical Broccoli salad so I may have to skip the pizza unless when it raises the texture gets better.
  • 316Judith
    Evening Hello

So sorry Susan you and Colin are still struggling with Covid. Really hope you can start feeling better soon. I liked Linda’s comment about a doggy door so your puppies could come and go as they needed which could help you and Colinto concentrate on getting better. My heart goes out to you and my prayers continue for you. ❤️🙏

Linda, so nice you can have your Bible Study group to your house, I like the Meal theme; tropical sounds so yummy. I love coconut and pineapple, look forward to when I can eat that food again and pizza, yes yummy, it will happen one way or the other, I just have to remember 1 day at a time…😊 Sorry about your plants lost due to the sprinkler system being on the blink but glad it’s fixed now, hope your plants come back. Take care my friend ❤️🙏

Marilyn, the both quotes you left here really spoke to me, thank you so much for sharing. Hope all is well with you and your family? How’s the weather for you, hope it’s been better then ours, realize you are further away than where I am. Good thing for us the past few days looks like we got our summer back. With a rough start, no Spring and no sunshine and cold temps I welcome some warm sunny days. Let us know how things are for you in your area. Take care my friend ❤️🙏

Blessings on your weekend! 🤗❤️🙏