Chat Cafe

Replies

• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member

wv2vgnjaqaaj.jpg

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,576 Member
    edited December 2022
    Susan - yes it is a little odd that my husband can tolerate honey. He has hypoglycemia which is the opposite of diabetes. When he eats sugar, his body produces too much insulin and he gets weak, angry and can't think. Fruit sugar (fructose) does not seem to bother him as he eats lots of apples for snacks. Honey does not seem to bother him as long as it is not in huge amounts.

I have my list made of what needs to be done before we leave in Thursday. Since a family is coming to stay in our house while we are gone, I also need to make sure it is clean and supplies are available for them. Today I made up a bed in the study, reorganizing the laundry room, washed sheets, and washed the shower glass door. I did not have time to do the inside of the shower because we needed to be gone part of the day so I will get to that tomorrow. If I do a little bit each day is does not seem overwhelming. I am feeling much better today. We got a decongestant at the store today so I am hopeful that the headache from the sinus pressure will be gone. My husband has not complained of abdominal pain so I am hopeful that he is done with his issues.
  • Marilynsretired

m7iirqbnjsls.jpg

• LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,454 Member
    edited December 2022
    Marilyn, thank you for your lovely words. 💖

Linda, I am glad to hear you are feeling better. I hope you improve a little bit more each day from here on. Thank you for explaining about the honey, sugar and fructose reactions hubby has. It's interesting and amazing to me that we're all so different! I hope your travels go well and you have enough time to prepare the house.

Judith, thinking of you. 🙏💗

We're travelling out west for a bit over an hour so we can meet up with some family for lunch. It's a half way point for all of us and I get to meet my nine month old great niece for the first time today. I sure am looking forward to that!

Take care, everyone.

• Healthyme7410
    Susan - it is so great you will be missing your grand niece today. They are so cute at that age!

We finally got our door bell fixed today. It was such a sad noise the old one was making. It sounded like someone throwing a rock at a metal door. Now we have pretty chimes to alert us to visitors.

Another cold front is coming through our state in the next few days. They are expecting 2 foot of snow in the mountains. We will need to pick a good time to travel on Thursday so we do not get caught in the storm. There is a small window where it will not be snowing and we are hoping the roads will be clear so we aiming for that time.

Since we are traveling, I took a co-vid test to make sure I just have a bad cold. It was negative so I am happy about that!
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,639 Member
    Good Morning All,

Linda, so sorry to hear you were so sick with other members of your family but glad things are turning around and you are less congested and feeling better. My prayers continue for you and your family!

Susan, yes our weather for 2 weeks was extreme with freezing cold snow storms and gusty winds, we changed our plans from having our usual Family Christmas dinner gathering and gift exchange from Christmas Eve to Boxing Day. It was my first gathering in o on Edson in 2 years but even though it was good to be with family it proved to be too much for my body, I had severe pain and nausea which kk sated from Boxing Day evening overnight and pretty much all yesterday. I am feeling stronger and better this morning. It’s good to be back. Will take things slow. Continue
    my prayers for you both.

Thank you Marilyn for all your great quotes you have shared. All so good and encouraging.

Blessings on your day!
  • LosinSusin
    edited December 2022
    Welcome back, Judith. So sorry for the setback but that's good news that you feel stronger today. How good it must have been to get together with family! Yes, take it slow now. 🙏💕

Linda, your poor old doorbell! How uplifting to have the new chimes! Yes, my grand niece is on my mind today. She really was cute. Hey, I am really glad your cold is a cold instead of the.other and hope you get enough rest to really feel well. Another cold front will be hard. Stay warm and safe.

I have a card class to teach today. One of the cards involves stamping on foiled cardstock. It's an encouraging card so I shall post it for you all to see.

ikt1kni3m5t3.jpg
  • 316Judith
    Hello Everyone,

Attention All: I just want to let you know as some including me have had and continue to have issues accessing our groups,

One way to get around this problem I clicked on Bookmarks and or Recent Discussions, if I click on My Groups; Access is Denied: sure frustrating!

Been like this all day! Hope this helps you if you have same issue you will now know how to gain access to our group! I gained access to post on Chat at 8:00am when I clicked on “Bookmarks”

Susan, love your Card you posted here; Good Job! 👍🤗
  • Marilynsretired

yvka8zrolk2r.jpg

• Healthyme7410
    It is good to be able to get back on. We had 4 inches of snow last night and the snow covered trees are so beautiful. The kids had 9 inches is Denver. We are on our way there now. The roads so far are just slushy or wet. Higher on the mountains may be worse traveling. Our houseguests are traveling from Texas today and this snow will be quite different than they are used to! They will be traveling on the same road we are in the opposite direction so we are keeping them
    informed about the weather.
    Judith - I'm sorry you were not feeling
    well. I pray some good rest will give you more energy and appetite.
  • LosinSusin
    Yes, I having continuing problems accessing and posting in forums, Judith. I went through my profile to get a working Community link. Today, MFP is stopping me from typing at some stage and not letting me finish posts. I guess they will sort out the bugs eventually. Hope you have more energy today.

Marilyn, I always say you don't need WIll power to stick to good habits
    You need WON'T power. Lol!

Linda, travel safely! I hope the weather holds for you.

I had a Domestic day today - washing, cooking, changing beds but also creating a 1yo's birthday card.

dm0mvnaftn41.jpg

• Marilynsretired

uyfe27x3iba8.jpg

• Healthyme7410
    We made it over the mountain safely but took a lot longer than usual. The roads were either wet or dry for 3/4 of the trip but as we got closer to Denver they were icy/snowy and we were traveling at no higher than 25 mph. Our GPS told us it would be faster to take a side road than the interstate was but they did not mention that it was a two lane road that was not plowed well. It was faster because there was less traffic. We have our family Chritmas party so today I am getting groceries, wrapping presents and enjoying being with family.
  • 316Judith
    Good Morning All, Happy New Years Eve! It’s hard to believe that we are coming to the end of another year, I am excited about what the New Year of 2023 will bring. For me I am hopeful that this new year will see me recovering completely from my last surgeries and see the new treatment complete the work and see me totally healed from all cancer, this is my prayer and this is what I am believing for! God is Good and I know He will see me through to Complete Healing! Hallelujah! 🙏✝️😇
  • LosinSusin
    ivv0ni8l7aw4.jpg
  • Marilynsretired

99gyh8usdzrc.jpg

• LosinSusin
    Good New Year morning, everyone!

We're off to church now so I will check back in again later 😊
  • Healthyme7410
    We were finally able to get together as our whole family today to celebrate Christmas. We had so much fun eating, laughing, opening gifts, etc. I was careful to not put too much on my plate but when dessert came around I did have a partial serving of blueberry coffee cake we had been given from a friend who works in our school. I am now able to tell her it was delicious but feel I did not overdo on the carbs. I will not be doing that again in the new year. I have a 6 month check up with my doctor in two weeks and I want to have lost a few more pounds before then. I also need to keep my blood sugars stable.

I pray that you all have a blessed new year with peace, joy and spiritual growth.
  • LosinSusin
    Very wise, Linda. I am sure you will hit your goals with that healthy attitude. 😃

We had friends here last night for nibbles and a word game they brought. It was fun. I was able to ensure I had the kind of snacks I can eat out! He he! I put plenty of variety on the table for everyone but just personally ate my snacks. Except for one Ferrero Rocher. I ate it then remembered there is gluten in them, but it was too late. Not a disaster but am paying for it a bit today!

I trust you are all enjoying your day and wish all of you God's grace and favour in the coming year.
  • 316Judith
    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/27/90/9e/27909e4ac299ba14c15dddb9cc94170f.jpgkarmtxfaowll.jpeg

My prayer for you this New Year 2023 that it will be a fruitful year as you grow in God’s Word, May you be filled with God’s Wisdom Knowledge and Understanding as you spend time in the Word and be filled with God’s Grace Peace and Love. God’s Blessings upon your Day! 🙏