Chat Cafe

Replies

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,576 Member
    We are having a Bible Study at our house so I was trying to get things cleaned up. I was mopping behind my plant table where I had had my Christmas tree and guess what? I found some Christmas decorations that had fallen off the tree. As I said earlier, I expect to find a few straggling decorations after I think I have them all put away. It made me smile to see the handmade decorations I had received from friends.

Susan - it sounds like your Village has a lot to offer to keep you busy. I am glad you are able to use your talent teaching card classes. It would be so special to receive a handmade card on a special day.

Marilyn - I continue to pray for you to find an acceptable diet within the framework of your restrictions.

Praying for all of you!
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member

Thanks for the encouragement ladies - means a lot. As it is a new month I have taken it as a start over and am feeling so much better today. For the week of February 1 through the 7th I have made the goal of not having any bread as I noticed that I was eating to much of it and I know that flour is addictive. Yesterday being Day 1 - made the goal - and today am going to match the goal again.

Have started reading the book First Place 4 Health which is a Christian program where they use the Bible to help you get a balanced life. Yesterday read some and took notes and just felt so encouraged. Have read more today and once again things stood out that were an encouragement

Here is one quote from todays reading in the book that stood out to me:

'To begin learning about this new, healthier lifestyle, you need to start right where you are. That means taking whatever positive step is right in front of you; or, in other words 'do the next right thing.'

'When there are time when all I can do is the next right thing, then I do the next right thing.'

'Through the power of God, you can decide to live a healthier life, and you can experience lasting positive change.

' The hope for your future weight loss begins with this simple fact: God is good

Jeremiah 29;11
    I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

• LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,454 Member
    Marilyn, that sounds like such an encouraging Christian program you have found. I really liked the quotes you shared from it. I am here cheering for you!

Linda, how good that you hadn't put the Christmas box in storage yet! I love handmade decorations too.

Judith, I read how your pain is better managed today. I am so glad for you.

We're on the freeway heading back to our house guest friends after visiting with DD at the airport for an hour. Col had a steroid injection this morning so hopefully that will help with Bursitis shoulder pain.

Thinking of you all 🙏💕
  • Marilynsretired

gcqwf9wi3gwj.jpg

• Healthyme7410
    edited February 2023
    Marilyn - I love this quote. The past can not be changed but we can be changed by it if we learn from it. Everyone makes mistakes but we need to admit the mistake, take the next best step from it and move on knowing that God still loves us.

We had a really good Bible Study yesterday and discussion about what we want to do as a group. We are trying to not only hear the word but to do what it says. Lots of studies are just on what the scripture means but we hope to have it go further into how can we use this information and make it more practical to our lives and others. We had a visitor who was able to give us some new perspectives on what she wanted in her life. It was an encouraging time.

Susan - I pray that the steroid injections work on Colin's shoulder pain. My husband had an injection in his painful knee and was very pleased with the results.

• LosinSusin
    Thank you, Linda. He says the edge has been taken off his pain this morning but it is still very sore. It's early days yet but that is encouraging news.

I think studying the scriptures your way is what we should all do. Our Pastor usually has an application for us at the end of each sermon and asks searching questions for self reflection. It's so we draw a line between the teaching and our own lives. I am glad the Lord loves us imperfect believers too.

Marilyn, yes, I agree. Learn from the past but don't dwell in it.

Judith, how are you doing today?

I hear the cold this year is hard so I am hoping you are all safe and have plenty of supplies so you don't have to go out. Our heat and humidity is pretty high here so we are trying to stay inside as much as possible. The air conditioning takes the heat and humidity out of the air. I find high humidity makes it hard to breathe.
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,639 Member
    Evening Hello Ladies,

Susan, your both “Puppies” are so adorable. They look so happy they were groomed, beautiful fur babies! You live in a wonderful community with lots of activities. Nice that you have a great group of people to fellowship with. Good that you stay active in your church. I practically lived in mine before the diagnosis and multiple surgeries then Covid shut our Churches down here too. I will be busy again once this is all behind me. I know I will be bringing a testimony of God’s Healing power to the congregation! What a day that will be.

I am excited for you to be doing Card making classes again in your community. I’m also happy to hear you are involved with the Starlight Singers and play your Ukulele. Thank you again for sharing the pictures of Jasper and Archie.

Linda, Didn’t see you on chat today but was glad to read your blog from the previous day you posted. I see you were on here for all the other threads. Take care and have a blessed weekend!

Marilyn, thank you for the quotes again. And I was so glad to read you post from Wednesday, I replied and one thing for sure my prayers are with you always.

Have a blessed weekend Ladies. Catch you tomorrow! Will say Good Nite and God Bless!
  • Marilynsretired

bde91p3vvwfj.jpg

• Healthyme7410
    Judith - sometimes I get distracted with things and forget to finish all the threads in my teams. I am looking forward to your testimony to the church of how God worked in your life bringing you to full health.

Susan - so fun to see your fur babies all spruced up from their haircuts. It is so interesting to think about the different climates. You have air-conditioning to take the humidity out of your air where we have swamp coolers to put moisture in our air. I am glad God created a variety in climates so we can have seasons.

Marilyn - your quote is so true. Some days I can do things and the next day I can not. I hang on to the promise of a new body that will work perfectly for all of me all of the time.
  • LosinSusin
    Linda, it is interesting about the seasons here. We know the names of the four seasons but spring and autumn are so short, it is as though we go from winter to summer in a day! Yes, being near the coast, humidity is very high at times.

Marilyn, thinking of you and praying.for you.

Judith, glad you enjoyed that glimpse into my life. We are just coming back from morning service now. We studied Philippians 1:1-11 about rejoicing in all circumstances. I pray you will be giving a testimony about God's grace in your life!

• 316Judith
    Amen Linda and Susan. I believe I will one day. I just need God’s Grace and strength especially tonight, my body is in heaps of pain that’s why I am up and not in bed. Going to get some meds and head to bed.

Marilyn your quote really spoke and like what was said above one day I can and next day I can’t; yes I sure look to the day for a body that is completely whole. Praise God.

Love you all, be back tomorrow! ❤️🙏
  • Marilynsretired

p3xj86rvxupt.jpg

• LosinSusin
    I'm all for accountability, Marilyn.

Judith, I was sorry to hear the pain had returned and kept you from sleeping. I do hope you get relief from it soon. Hold fast to your faith that everything is going to be alright! The Lord has you securely in His hands. Love you too.

Linda I beat you in here today only because the dogs woke me at 4am, wanting to go out. I hope your day is going well and everyone is feeling good

Busy day ahead with Uke and Singers, and Col found another caravan for us to consider.

Hugs and prayers for you all.
  • Healthyme7410
    Today I am getting fill up with Bible lessons. I heard the lesson on line from the Denver church, I listened to a recorded message that was done at a leader's retreat we missed and tonight I will hear another message from our minister here in Grand Junction. It is so good to be immersed in the word of God. Taking notes from the sermons really help me focus on what is being said at the time and I can look at it later. My memory is not as good as it was in my younger years so I need all the help I can get. 😊

We are expecting a high of 50F today so I am looking forward to this. I am wanting warmer weather for a little while until we get back in the deep freeze again still this Spring.
  • 316Judith
    edited February 2023
    Evening Hello All

Linda, I did the same thing today, immersing myself in God’s Precious Word. My Devotions listened to my Home Church Live Stream Services and from other Ministers I am blessed with. I too take notes as I don’t retain like I once did in my younger years. What I like about taking the notes I can go back and read them and write down things God Speaks to me about. Today the pain has been more manageable, Praise God! You had awesome temps today, that’s what we need here. I look forward to the Spring Weather and especially the Summer!

Susan, exciting news that Colin has his eyes on another caravan, keep us posted. So happy you are enjoying your Ukulele and singing with the group. Will you be having another concert like you did last year? You made me smile when you said you got here before Linda as your fur babies woke you up early. My Kitty 🐈‍⬛ does the same thing. She Carrie’s on until I finally get up and feed her. Think she was starving! ANd I say a hearty Amen to Marilyn’s quote on accountability. Yes it’s the only way.

Marilyn, thank you for sharing these inspiring quotes. You are helping me stay on my toes!

Hope you all have a good night sleep and wake up refreshed and ready for another day! Good Nite Blessings, Love and Hugs… 🥰🤗🙏
  • Marilynsretired

hthzh6ttiim7.jpg

• Healthyme7410
    Our weather today can not decide what to do. Last night when I went to bed it was snowing but when I got up the sky wat a beautiful blue with light puffy clouds. By 1pm those clouds were replaced with dark clouds, colder temperatures and wind. It started snowing again but by the end of an hour, the sky was again with puffy clouds. It is hard to plan what to wear when the weather changes so much.

We are getting ready for our middle daughter to come here on Wednesday with her two kids. She is so good to help us with things that need to be done around the house - and she does not complain. LOL I have some cleaning I would like her to do the brick of the fireplace since we have the gas insert installed. Her kids also like to help so it is a win-win for us.

Not every year, but for a long time my husband has gotten me little gifts starting the first of the month of February to Valentines Day. Usually it is something small like a pencil with hearts on it, a candy dish, etc. This year, he is taking me with him to shop so I can pick things I want. Today we went to the Dollar store and bought a few things for the kitchen (avocado slicer and baking sheet). We do not go over $5 and most of the time has been below that price since there are 14 items to buy. I do not want him to spend a lot of money - it is the thought that counts.
  • LosinSusin
    edited February 2023
    How romantic, Marilyn! Do you do the same for your husband? I love that. Your weather sure sounds changeable. It would be hard to know what to expect, so on days like that I wear layers I can add or subtract at will.

Judith, Linda, so we all take notes when listening to sermons or Bible studies! I find I rarely go back to the notes, but the act of writing things down in my own words somehow makes things stick in my memory better. These days, I need all the help I can get with memory, too!

Marilyn, I was just thinking about how useless it is to dwell in the past. Learn from it, remember some thing with fondness or pain, but do not live there. Hugs.

Judith, the Starlight Singers perform all year round. We just did a concert for Australia Day. Now we we are practicing for Anzac Day which is April 25th. We will have other commitments throughout the year and yes, there will be an annual concert in November each year. You can see my empty chair in the foreground in this picture of one of our rehearsals.

jz71p777vmnd.jpeg

We do have news about the caravan. We decided we liked the 18 month old van Col found yesterday so today have cancelled our contract on building a new one. We bought the existing van! It has most of the features we wanted. We can customise it a little bit more to have what we want. This is the outside:

rkexx8fz56dk.jpg

We can have it in two weeks ☺️

• 316Judith
    How awesome, I love your new Caravan Susan, you will so enjoy travelling in comfort and style when you next go away. It’s so nice your Caravan arrives in 2 weeks. I’m so excited for you.

Thank you for sharing all about the times your Starlight Singers perform. So nice you perform all year round. You have a good sized group. Cute with the empty chair, maybe you can get one of the members take a picture of you with the group when practicing!

Linda, I read your post about how your husband buys something for you daily starting beginning of February, so thoughtful and kind, I like this years idea of him taking you shopping and you choose the things you would like. The things you bought for the kitchen today are great, a lot of threat use you will get from them. So nice your daughter and grandkids are coming for a visit and the bonus is they love doing things for you. Hope you enjoy your time with them.

Marilyn, excellent quote you shared today. Good choice! Always enjoy each one you share as they always speak to me. Keep them coming!

Blessings all on your evening. 🤗🙏
  • Marilynsretired

q3qr67b9ybsi.jpg