Chat Cafe

Replies

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,585 Member
    It has been a very long day so I will not be here long. The morning was spent watching the Denver zoom church then getting ready for a superbowl party/church service in the evening. We stayed to watch the superbowl then came home to a mountain of dishes I had made getting ready to take the food to our friends house. We are also washing clothes since my daughter will be leaving tomorrow morning. I am so sad that they did not get to do the things they had planned because of my granddaughter's illness but at least they got to go the my husband's familys cattle ranch to see the cows and other animals. I will be able to stay on here longer tomorrow.
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,454 Member
    That's ok, Linda. We all have days like that. I had planned to spend more time here today also but didn't.

Marilyn, lovely picture quote 🤗

I skipped Uke this morning due to my sore wrist. I am wearing a wrist support and compression gloves for a bit. Instead I got to visit a friend by who was feeling low as it was the first anniversary of her husband's death, but she had bought a new puppy who is gorgeous. We focused on the puppy.

I secretly made a Valentine's Day card for Col and made some craft videos about it, then went to Starlight Singers. Tonight we have dog training classes so we're still not done for the day.

Next month it is our church's 15th anniversary. Pastor says we'll mark it in some nice way 🤗

• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member

wut21c2t821p.jpg

• Healthyme7410
    My company just left so it is very quiet in the house. The wheel chair and wheeled walker are put away (they racee them down the hall), sheets are washing, dinner is planned from the leftovers we have in the refrigerator and my husband is sleeping in the recliner.

My hand is feeling better but I am still keeping a pressure bandage on it to keep it from breaking open and bleeding again. I was putting some glass cups up in a high cupboard yesterday and one fell down and hit the side of my hand and somehow broke. The broken glass cut a two inch wound on my hand that was very difficut to stop bleeding. I had stopped it but then moved my hand during my shower (I had taped a glove on my hand to keep it from getting wet) so we had to put pressure on it again and redress it. If it had not stopped, I was considering going to urgent care to get stitches. We had some butterfly bandages so I was able to get the edges together to get the bleeding stopped so that was not necessary. I apologize it that was too much medical language for those of you that have not dealt with things like this.

Today is cloudy and a good day for my daughter to travel over the mountain to Denver. The forcast for there on Wednesday is 6-10 inches of snow. I am glad we do not get that much snow here in Grand Junction.
  • LosinSusin
    Beautiful words and sentiment, Marilyn.

Linda, I could follow what happened to your hand. That sounded pretty serious. I do hope the butterfly strips hold it well and there is no more bleeding. Our hands are so important for just about everything we do. Heal well, my friend.

I caught up with my oldest friend today. We met in 3rd grade 62 years ago. She lives in Canberra, 1233 KMs (766 miles) from here. She comes up here to see her mother who is now 97 but always makes time for a couple of hours with me.
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,639 Member
    Good Morning All

•*¨) ✫ ¸.•*¨) .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•
    (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.✫
    ¸.•*¨) ✫ ¸.•*¨)✫ Happy `•.¸☆
    (¸.•´ .•´ (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.✫
    •*¨) ✫ ¸.•*¨) •*¨) Valentines ♥`•.¸☆
    (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.✫ •*¨)
    •*¨) ✫ ¸.•*¨) •*¨) Day `•.¸☆

Hope you all have a great day! My son and Daughter-in-law are coming for a nice visit this afternoon. Looking forward to our time. Have some Valentine treats for them.

Susan, thank you for letting me know that you are about 14 hours ahead of me in your 🇦🇺 Australian Eastern Time Zone. Hope you got all the things planned for today and in spite of your busy day it was all good!

Marilyn, great quote today!

Linda, know you have family with you, hope you are enjoying your time with them!

Hugs to all, have a great week! 💕
  • Marilynsretired

i0oolkhehqil.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    💕❣💖Happy Valentines Day to everyone. You are all very special to me. 💘💝💟

Susan - I am glad you got to spend time with your friend from 3rd grade. I have lost track of many of my friends since we have moved so much. I do watch the Facebook group of the people who graduated with me but there are not many active on there They get together for lunch every month for the ones who are still living in Ohio.

It did not rain yesterday as we had been predicted. My granddaughter had drawn a picture for me that was an interactive ttrail on the patio with colored chalk. She was very proud of it and asked that I not sweep it off the cement. I assured her that it would stay a long time but about 2 hours after they left to go back to Denver, we had a snow shower that got rid of all the chalk. I was very sad that I did not have it to look at. It snowed again this morning with huge flakes and now is starting to snow again with little flakes. It is supposed to do this all afternoon but not any accumultation.

Judith I hope you ahve a wonderful time with your family. I am sure they will like the Valentine treats you have for them.

I will be taking the pressure bandage off my hand today. I hope that it will have had enough time to stick the edges of the wound together and I can leave it out to dry and heal. I will also put some antibiotic ointment on it. Thanks for your prayers for healing.
  • LosinSusin
    Linda, I sure hope and pray your hand heals quickly and well. Aww, that's so sweet about the chalk drawing and I understand why it would be sad to lose it after only a day. I hear you on our dwindling school friends. I lost one of my high school friends not long ago, and he was the organiser of our reunions.

Linda, lol! Yes, getting up off the floor is a challenge! I try to deliberately practise getting down on the floor and up again a few times a week!

Judith, you are welcome for the time zone information. Thank you for your Valentine's Day wishes. I wish you lots of love!
  • Marilynsretired
    liw1htmkam0a.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    During the day yesterday we had snow showers but last night it startedd with little flakes and continues through the day today. The temperature will not get above freezine today. Since it is small flakes, it is not accumulating to a deep amount. We have about 3-4 inches so far. I definatey will not be taking a walk outside today.

My hand is healing nicely but is still bruised and sore. I need to mop my floors today so I will be using gloves so I do not get dirty water on this healing wound. It is amazing to watch how God has created our bodies to know what to do to heal. Judith - I pray that your body will reorganize it'self and heal as God intended it to do.
  • 316Judith
    Thank you Susan and Linda for your prayers and encouragement. You are so appreciated. You are a rich blessing in which I thank God!

Linda, so glad your hand is starting to heal, this is good news! Please be so careful when mopping the floors today. You are sure getting some cold snowy weather but glad it’s not accumulating on the ground. Wise decision to not head out for a walk today. Be safe my friend.

Marilyn, thank you for last 2 quotes you shared, both are so good.haven’t heard much about how your kidney function is, hope you are doing well my friend.

Susan, yes, I too hear you and Linda about dwindling school friends, I have very few left. Sad, when you think of all the precious times we all had together. As you sent me love I send love and hugs to you too.

It seems that we all had a nice Valentine’s Day. My daughter and family couldn’t join us yesterday so they are coming tonight after work. They will get their Valentine treats tonight.

Have a great day! Love and Hugs ❤️🤗
  • LosinSusin
    Just a fly by hello today as we have friends coming by for breakfast!

Thinking of you all! 🙏🤗
  • Marilynsretired
    kmsn25iskdcp.jpg
  • 316Judith
    edited February 2023
    Thank you Marilyn and my reply to you is that you are beautiful, needed and you are strong, yes you are special! 😊

Susan, hope you enjoy your breakfast and have a great time with your friends!

Today is a quiet day for me! Have an awesome day everyone! Big Hugs! 🤗
  • LosinSusin
    We just picked up our new caravan and are on our way home.

eat13bgdko4n.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    q1340bb9f3ho.jpeg
  • 316Judith
    Good Morning

Susan, your caravan looks so nice, I really like it, so modern and brand new. Love the Bow of Welcome on the Door! You will so enjoy your new caravan, I’m sure it will give you many years of enjoyment! 😊

Marilyn, thank you for todays inspiration from AW Tozer, one of my favorite authors and Bible Teacher. I have several of his books and am so blessed with each one.

Hope you all have a great and blessed day and weekend ahead. Thinking of you Linda Lori and JC Willow and of course my prayers are with you three gals and all the Team. 🙏🤗
  • Healthyme7410
    Susan - the caravan is beautiful and I also love the bow. When is your next scheduled trip?

Marilyn I do love Tozers wisdom and he writings. Thanks for sharing.

The snow is melted off the roads and our driveway which is facing toward the sun but still is on the grass and driveways of our neighbors accross the street where the sun does not shine.

I know we all pray for each other and I do really appreciate it. I wish there was a way we could talk to each other and pray with each other over the phone or on zoom sometime. If any of you would be interested in doing this private message me. No problem if you like it like it is now just with MFP. God hears all our prayers no matter how they are presented.
  • Marilynsretired
    I think it would be nice if we had a weekly zoom call. We would need to find out the time zones of everyone and decide on a day - who would like to set this up

For me

Time zone is Pacific
    I could pretty much work it out at any time

Who would like to set it up