Chat Cafe

Replies

• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    ritqx743lvwl.jpg
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,647 Member
    Marilyn, you made me chuckle! Way too funny but it is true, I know many who when stressed turn to chocolate bars chips and other sweets. Before cancer I so enjoyed chocolate bars and other chocolate like turtles, my kids gave me a box every Christmas, they would get a little annoyed with me as I still had more than half box left at Easter; guess what my Nana taught me about self control worked; however when I am healed and can eat like I want too, self control will be right out the window as I’m sure the boxful will be gone in one sitting, yes siree 😂

Ok enough of that… hehe..It seems so strange not having Linda or Susan not here posting…

I MISS you Girls… Please Come Back Soon.

I replied to your posts the other day, look above Marilyn’s last post as you will see my post I replied to.

In closing please know I love you all and so appreciate your Love Support Prayers and Valued Friendship! ❤️🤗🙏
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,585 Member
    It is 11pm now and I am just getting here to read what you all are doing. I had 18 things on my to do list and got 14 of them done. The other four are not essential except packing since we are going back to Grand Junction tomorrow. There is snow predicted tomorrow afternoon in the mountains so we need to leave early to miss the snow. Freezing rain is predicted tomorrow. We had some early in the day today that left us with ice on the car windows and some slippery spots on the roads. Today's tempertures did not get above the 30's and tomorrow sounds much the same as today.

I have coffee with a good friend today. We met when our sons were both on the same soccor team. My son is 40 years old so it has been a while. Our friendship has lasted through many ups and downs in our lives but she is a dear friend. Her husband had heart problems and was not expected to live when we first met but he lasted a long time until he died last Summer.
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,454 Member
    Hi Judith. I was here yesterday? Sometimes it seems longer, maybe due to our time differences. Sometimes I can post early in the morning but this morning it was so busy, I had to wait till the afternoon. It's nice to be missed, though. 💕 Yes, we plan to go away for a significant period in the van from October to February. Hopefully I will still have Internet wherever we go. Yes, I got some ladies reply to my invitation to join a beginner's cardmaking class. Now I will have two classes a month. 😊 I already have an advanced class running. I am so sorry the Drs have been giving you some hard to take information, but you are still keeping your positive attitude. That will be powerful and essential for your healing. One day you will have that box of turtles! Praying for you. 🙏💗

Marilyn, you made me laugh too. 😂Then today's post was lovely. Thank you for posting.

Linda, thinking of you and hoping all is well.
  • Marilynsretired
    scrjle3eopw0.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Happy International Women's Day to all my friends who encourage, love and pray for me. I do appreciate you all so much. 🥰🌹

We left Denver at 10:30 this morning and are through the mountains but still have another hour of driving to go before we get to our house. The weather has been good. In Denver it was sunny and 34F but here on this side of the mountain it is cloudy with not much visibility due to fog. It is warmer though at 48F with it being 50F when we get to our Grand Junction
    house.

We had to buy a new dishwasher for our Denver house this week. Our SIL is installing it today. I appreciate him so much for helping us out with things that are too big a project for us to do.
  • 316Judith
    Marilyn, such a sweet picture, and the quote is right on. Yes the love kindness and time will live on, shining on! Thank you for sharing.

Susan, yes one day I plan to eat that box of turtles. Hehe…😁 glad you got the ladies responding to join the beginners class. It’s great you have both advanced and beginners classes ongoing. I haven’t made any cards since Christmas. Probably will make one in May for Grandson’s Birthday and again in July for Granddaughters Birthday. It will be nice for you to be out exploring in your caravan, longer time next and I too hope you get internet connection to keep in touch with us. I keep forgetting about our time difference. Guess that’s why I miss you posting when I’m on here.

Linda, your temps are about the same as ours, but today we are 32 degrees F or 0 degrees Celsius.
    Glad the longest part of your journey is behind you. You said you left Denver at 10:30am and had about another hour left to arrive at the house. It will be nice to have warmer temps in Grand Junction. Glad you have help back at the house in Denver to install the new dishwasher. It’s always great when we can’t do a big project to have another family member step up to help us out. You will enjoy having a new dishwasher when you return to Denver. Enjoy your time in
    Grand Junction!

Blessings on your evening. Tomorrow morning I start out early for my Surgeon appointment. Will update you as soon as I can. 😊🤗
  • LosinSusin
    Good early evening, everyone. I started out busy this morning and the day just got away from me. I had a 7:30am hair appointment, then we visited our friends who both have cancer but they are so encouraging in their faith, then got on video chat with two friends who craft, made four cards with them as company, and suddenly it's time to make dinner! I just marinated some chicken so can type to you while it sits for a few minutes.

Judith, just read your prayer request update and will be praying about the next stage of your treatment. Yes, our time zone differences really are significant! I am looking forward to having another class to teach and getting to know some more women from the Village 😊 I as m sure you will craft more when you have more energy. All your strength is understandably going in to your healing.

Linda, good to have you back. Glad you were able to organise a new dishwasher with family help. Happy International Women's Day to you, too! Thank you for your prayers and encouragement for us. 🙏💕

Marilyn, you know I love Peanuts. I loved today's post. Charles Schulz was a wise man.

• Healthyme7410
    Judith - praying for stamina for you the next two days. Thanks for the update in the prayer request thread.

Susan so good that you are able to include your two friends in making cards. You are so talented and thoughtful.

We have Bible study group at our house today but several of the members are gone on vacation so it will be a small group. We are taking about how we have seen the power of God in our lives. It helps to see how God works in our lives as well as others and makes me want to share it with those I meet.

Not much going on here. It is so nice to be back in Grand Junction where the traffic is slower, the house stays cleaner with just the two of us and life is calm.
  • Marilynsretired
    qkpv3nx0jm31.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    Each day is a gift, Marilyn, for sure.

Linda, that Bible study sounds good. Anything to encourage us to share our faith is good.

Not much happening here today. The monsoonal rain is setting in for the next few days.
  • 316Judith
    Love Winnie the Pooh too and Yes, Life is an Awesome Gift God has given us!

Thanks for sharing Ladies, it’s been quite a trying day so going to read my Bible and head to bed early, have another appointment tomorrow early afternoon. Love you all! 🙏🤗

Good Nite Blessings 😴
  • Marilynsretired
    dzb739haebun.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Judith - I am thinking about your appointment today. I know Jesus is riding with you and is beside you during all your appointments. I pray you feel his presence very closely today.

We have a rainy day today. I am glad that it is not snowing like it is in the higher elevations. My daughter said she read in the "The Old Farmers Almanac" (a magazine my grandparents read next to the Bible to know what to expect for weather and crop planting) that this summer will be very hot and very wet. August and September will have lots of thunderstorms. I love thunderstorms in their beauty as well as what they do to clean the atmosphere. As long as the lightning does not hurt anyone or thing, I really enjoy them.

Our Bible study went well yesterday. There were some really encouraging stories about how God has worked in our lives that strengthened my faith. God works everyday but we sometimes just take things for granted. I want to be more aware of his presence and his working in my life.
  • LosinSusin
    Those are good goals, Linda, about your faith. Inspiring. I was reading Judges this morning. It had lots to say about God's love for His children. I remember the Farmer's Almanac too. Like you, I also love thunderstorms. Looks like we'll get plenty of rain here today. The monsoonal trough has fired up and we're supposed to get significant rain. I didn't water my plants on the strength of that prediction.

Marilyn, that's a lovely quote. Our operating system should be powered by God's love first, no matter what we know or think we know. It's so easy to get hurt by what others say, but when I focus on responding with God's love I often see the other person's fear or anger as something apart from me and can respond in a more loving way. I am not perfect and need these reminders.

Judith, may today be a day of answers and may you have the strength and endurance to get through it with God's grace. I hope you were able to sleep and feel you have the physical strength you need for today. I know your mind, heart and faith are strong. 🙏💕🌹Now think of those turtles! Lol! 🐢🐢🐢
  • 316Judith
    Thank you Ladies, I logged into log my nutrition and to let you know I appreciate your prayers and standing with me. I am needing more surgery. I’m back to Surgeon in 4 weeks to discuss the plan of action in surgery. My body is too sore to think right now but will be back in the morning.

Hope you enjoy the Devotional for Friday! Be back later, Love and appreciate you all!

Good Nite God Bless 😴🤗❤️
  • 316Judith
    Good Morning Ladies,

I rested the whole evening and feel somewhat stronger today. I won’t have much more of an update until I am back to see my Surgeon to discuss the surgery and how long the wait will be to get an OR time and bed in hospital.

I was given another prescription and will follow those instructions. Thanks for keeping the team going when I have days like Thursday and Friday in appointments. You all are so appreciated.

God Bless you day and weekend. My prayers are with you all.🙏❤️🤗
  • Healthyme7410
    edited March 2023
    Judith our prayers are with you as you face another surgery. Is this going to be as major as your other surgeries or just clean up work? You may not know the answer to this until you talk to your surgeon. I got behind on reading the devotionals but am caught up now. It is so good to be looking forward toward Easter to celebrate the resurection and what that means in our lives.

Please pray for my friend who suffers from depression. He is really struggling now over some things in his life. God knows the details.

• Marilynsretired
    zmisqsrsj48d.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    Good advice, Marilyn.

Linda, sorry about your friend. I have a family member I am concerned about for the same reason. Will pray.

Judith, thank you for stopping in twice even though you were tired and sore. Praying about your upcoming surgery.

Am just flying in today as I need to be getting ready for church. Have a blessed day everyone.