Change 1 Letter in 4 to Make a Word

Options

Replies

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 9,863 Member
    Options
    Oops! "Haoopened" above should have said happened.

That long nap was needed from all the desserts we had. If I fall asleep again "poke"
    me to keep me awake.

POKE
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 7,638 Member
    Options
    Yes I agree Susan it would be a joke when we Woke to ice cream and coke…

We would have to Poke around in our dreams looking for something else to ear and drink, maybe French fries and a iced tea or iced coffee!
    Think that sounds delicious!

POKE
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 4,725 Member
    Options
    Oh, I was thinking of the jokes and delight we would have in buried treasure, Judith,but you are right about finding something more nutritious to eat. Maybe some nice pike fish to go with our fries? Or is a Pike fish not nice to eat?

PIKE
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    I have never eaten a pike fish so I do not know if I "like" it or not. Google says the skin smells strong when uncooked but cooked it is a "fairly neutral" flavor.

• LosinSusin
    Options
    That sounds promising then Linda. We could try the pike to see if we like it. We'll have to catch some in the lake, perhaps.

LAKE
  • Healthyme7410
    edited February 18
    Options
    Fishing at the lake sitting under a shade tree sounds relaxing. I wonder if there are any "hake" fish in that lake? ("Hake is often considered a superior fish to Cornish cod. This succulent white fish has a slightly sweeter flavour than cod, is a similar price and can be enjoyed throughout the year.")

HAKE
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Wow never heard of Hake fish before. I love Halibut, Salmon and Pike and Trout! Awesome Fish. I loved Fishing with my Grandpa. We caught fish brought it home, cleaned it and my Grandpa cooked up a tasty dinner.

So we all need to try some of these Fish and TAKE our Picnic baskets and find a place to have a Picnic while we eat our yummy fish we catch!

TAKE
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    I don't know if they have fires to cook the fish on at the lake. Should be take a portable grill with us? If we grill it with the lid on, it will taste like it does at home when we "bake" it.

BAKE
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Yes good plan Linda, I think we should bring a portable grill as I don’t know if they a place to cook on an open fire, with all the fires we have had they banned all open fire cooking and even open fire pits so a covered grill is an excellent plan. So can you bring the Grill please and I will TAKE all the utensils from home and spices to cook our tasty fish we catch!

TAKE
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Sounds like a plan. Can I bring my 3 year old granddaughter? She loves to fish and camp. She is an amazing "tyke".

TYKE
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Of course you can, Linda. I'd love to meet her. Judith, that's very generous of you to bring all the fixings for our fish fry. You have the keys to make our time together very lovely.

KEYS
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Yes Linda it will be great to have your Granddaughter join us. Susan you are so kind, , I am happy to bring all the fixings for our fish fry. It’s something I like to do. Hopefully the weather will be lovely. We will need to bring sun screen to protect our skin while outdoors and some that is especially made for the little one. We will need to watch the Skys for haze and sunny skies so we can apply sunscreen to protect ourselves. I will bring the sunscreen for we gals and can someone bring some for toddlers. Thank you!

SKYS
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    I will bring sunscreen for little tyke Adeleena. I will also bring some water "skis" so we can have fun on the water while the fish is cooking on the portable grill with Judith's fixings. Do you know anyone with a boat?

SKIS
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Colin has an (imaginery!) boat and just confirmed we can use it. Only trouble is, I don't have a boat license so he will have to come too. I wouldn't want us to miss out on seeing Adeleena water ski and he would love to join us for the fish fry!

MISS
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Linda, That’s great in bringing Water Skies for your Granddaughter, and Susan, that is so nice for Colin to offer to use his boat, and that is quite alright for Colin to come, we don’t want to Miss seeing Linda’s granddaughter ski…

This time of the year we will need to be careful as there might be a Mist over the water. I am sure Colin will be ok with driving the boat and we all will watch the little one on the water so she is safe.

MIST
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    How big an immaginary boat does Colin have? It is true we "must" watch the weather closely so we do not encounter a mist over the water and over my granddaughter as she skis.

MUST
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Yes it is a Must Linda we watch for the Mist across the water to keep your granddaughter safe, we need to be extra careful and JUST keep on our toes!

JUST
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Colin's imaginary boat can be just the size each of us imagines! Lol! It needs to be small enough to be a ski boat. So maybe we can say it is a powerful twin engine boat about 5 metres long. It will be nimble enough that way for our water activities. We can't bust out the ski moves if it is a lot bigger.

BUST
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    That sounds like a good size. Maybe we can "dust" ourselves with glitter so people could see us better when the sun shines on our gorgeous skin. We do want to be safe and have others be able to see us.

DUST
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Love your ideas Susan and Linda, we should have heaps of fun boating, skiing, but we need to be careful we don’t run into a GUST 💨 of Wind while out on the water. But we should have fun and after enjoy a scrumptious lunch filling our tummy’s with our fish fry. My mouth is watering just thinking of sinking my teeth into yummy fish. Yum yum 😋

GUST