Change 1 Letter in 4 to Make a Word

Options

Replies

• LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 4,690 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good idea. I have two dogs who will want to join that zone. They are in a doze right now but they will wake up for that sort of treat!

DOZE
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 7,578 Member
    Options
    Ok Susan, sounds good, we will get onto the Zone of handing out Soup Bones to our friendly Fur Babies and we will get Archie and Jasper out of their Doze to have their treat from me! But first we need to Get the Fur Babies to be Done with their Doze so they can enjoy their Bone!

DONE

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 9,836 Member
    Options
    We probably need to have drinks for the dogs and napkins for their chin hairs after they "dine" on their delicious treats.

DINE
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Yes Linda, that’s a Fine idea: I hadn’t thought of drinks and napkins, the Dogs will likely drink a whole bowl of water after the delicious Bone, and knowing our fur babies, they will need a napkin to wipe the wet whiskers and fur around mouth! thank you! I will bring the water and napkins!

FINE
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    I'll bring my washer too. Archie and Jasper let me wash their faces with a wet washer. It's so much nicer than just wiping with a tissue, especially for Archie with his white fur! Yes, I'll bring mine and clean ones for you both.

MINE
  • 316Judith
    edited April 3
    Options
    That’s Great, a wet washer sounds like a good plan Susan, and thank you for bring your Wet Washer, appreciated! Not sure if our Dogs will like it but I saw Beef Treat flavours for our fur babies and the other day I saw Mint toothpaste just for Dogs, I will bring the Beef treats and the Mint Toothpaste for the Dogs!

MINT
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    I'm not sure if my dog would like the mint toothpaste. She prefers the liver flavored one. It still is not easy but she does like the taste. She licks her lips as a "hint" that she likes the flavor when she sees me with the toothpaste.

HINT
  • Healthyme7410
    edited April 4
    Options
    I guess she likes meat flavored toothpaste because it reminds her of food her ancesters may have had to "hunt" when they needed to eat.

HUNT
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Yes, my boys prefer the chicken flavoured one. Jasper loaths mint but Archie loves it, so since both like chicken I get that. Better than having a thin wallet from buying two kinds!

THIN
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Thanks Linda and Susan, funny how one Dog likes Mint and the other doesn’t! And Linda your Dog is sure a meat eater, but that’s ok as my cat loves chicken, turkey and beef; funny thing she does not like fish of any kind! Yes, it is best to buy what both like to save your pocketbook from getting too thin Susan. So THEN we need to be smart and buy what all our fur babies like!

THEN
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    I was thinking about animal teeth and I remembered an old saying I heard growing up. Something was "scarce as hen's teeth". Other than the egg tooth they have to get them out of their shell, chickens do not have teeth at all. We do not need to think about what flavor toothpaste they would need because it is not necessary. If they did need it, I wonder if it would be grass or corn flavored?

HENS
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Lol about chicken toothpaste, Linda! Remember to buy them shell grit though. That's important for their health. We used to make sure we threw shell grit in our chicken pens when we had chickens. Did you know people call chickens Chooks over here? (rhymes with looks)

PENS

• Healthyme7410
    Options
    That is interesting Susan that chicken's are called chooks. Is that just the hens and if so what do they call the roosters? We did feed our chickens oyster shell or ground up egg shells to make sure the eggs had sturdy outsides. When the hens were in their pens we needed to make to "snap" the lock shut tightly on the gate. If not, the hens would get out and have so much fun digging for worms and insects in the lawn that it was hard to get them back into the pen.

SNAP
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Chooks are both hens and roosters, Linda. They even call them all by saying choooook, chook, chook, chook! Everyone comes running even if theyvare having naps. Lol!

NAPS
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Hehe, you sure made me giggle 🤭 Susan about calling them all by saying choooook, chook, chook, chook! And about everyone come running even if they were having naps! Too funny! And I didn’t know they were called Chooks! Great thoughts Linda on the toothpaste and the chickens not needing it.

After reading all the above I think I need a Nap! 😂

So when we feed our chickens we will need to remember to put out Pans of grit and broken up Egg Shells, Grit and oysters to give them a healthy diet!

PANS
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Depending on how many chooks we have, we might need a lot of pans that would "span" the whole fence for them to eat from.

SPAN
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Looking after too many chooks might cause me to pant as I lug the heavy buckets of water and feed up to the fence line span.

PANT

• Healthyme7410
    Options
    It will be good exercise for our lungs and hearts if we need to pant as we carry the food and water to the chooks. We "can't" leave them to try to find food and water for themselves.

CAN'T
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    No, we can't do that. Yes, it will be good exercise, so I will bring my asthma puffers. I will want them!

WANT
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Oh my yes we need to keep feeding the Chooks so I guess we will Huff and Puff our way up and down the fence line carrying buckets of water and food for our dear Chooks, yes Linda and Susan good exercise for Cardio and strengthening our limbs and lungs, hope you won’t be in Want of your asthma puffers! So we will have to be strong and keep going so we WONT linger and lose interest in doing a good deed with feeding our Chooks!

WONT