Change 1 Letter in 4 to Make a Word

Options

Replies

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 9,777 Member
    Options
    Feeding and watering the chooks is hard work. I "went" to the local youth hangouts and I found a few strong teens who said they really love chooks and would be willing to help us out for free. Now we have some strong young bodies to do the work and we can rest. I appreciate that we can do this intergenerationally. We can learn from them and they from us.

WENT
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 4,628 Member
    Options
    I am so glad you found some fit your students to help us, Linda! Now I won't need to put a dent in my asthma puffer meds! Thank you!

DENT
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 7,501 Member
    Options
    Yes that’s great Linda you found the young men to help us with feeding the Chooks and that’s great Susan that you are not putting a dent in your asthma puffer meds. All way a round it all works for us.

This is good you sent these young men our way to give us a helping hand Linda!

SENT
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    We will be doing the boys a favor because if they pass this "test" of hard work, they will know they can be successful in doing other difficult jobs.

TEST
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Yes, that's a win for everyone! We'll have to thank the students for giving us their best.

BEST
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    With all the exercise they are getting I hope they do not "bust" out the seams of their shirts with their bulging muscles.

BUST
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Indeed the boys will have muscles with all the work they are doing, hope they don’t Bust out their shirts, and yes the boys are giving their Best in their hard work! And hope they don’t Stub their toes in all the walking up and down the hills.

STUB
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Maybe they could rig up a pulley system to cart the buckets from one place to another. They could stab some stakes in thr ground to run thr ropes and pullies across.

STAB
  • 316Judith
    edited April 12
    Options
    Brilliant idea Susan, good plan! We will suggest this to our young men! We will have to be sure they Stay back while we Stab Stakes in the Ground for the ropes and pulleys!

STAY
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Their supervisor, Stanley, knows a lot about ropes and pullies and can help us out. He will be sure everyone is safe. You can call him "Stan" for short.

STAN
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Things move so fast they stun me! Lol! Thanks, Stan!

STUN
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Yes thanks Linda for referring us to Stan and Susan we don’t want you Stunned with it all moving so fast. Thanks Stan for helping us out! Yes Stan will Fine Tune things for us!

TUNE
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    I forgot to tell you Stan will be bringing his pet mountain lion with him. They are inseparable. Stan has to go to the lake every day and catch a "tuna" for him to eat. He will not eat anything else. We do not need to be afraid of him unless we have just eaten tuna salad for lunch and he smells it on our breath. I am sticking to peanut butter and jelly for lunch!

TUNA
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Thanks Linda, I’m joining you with peanut butter and jelly! At this point I don’t think I’m eating tuna ever again. My goodness, we are happy with Stan’s help but I wasn’t anticipating a pet lion! 😳

Think I will get my Tuba out and play us a tune!

TUBA
  • 316Judith
    Options
    I have a better plan, think Zi will take the next Flight out and have a break in CUBA

This way I avoid Tuna and Stan’s Pet Lion!

CUBA
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Judith - you playing the tuba might be enough for the mountain lion to stay away from us. I am not saying you do not play excellently but a tuba is pretty loud! Traveling to Cuba might be a fun advernture. It is pretty close to us but I have never been there. When I hear the name, I think it sould be shaped like a square since it's name sounds like "cube",

CUBE
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Haha 😂 Trust me, If I played the Tuba everyone would stay away as I have NEVER played a tuba in my life, the music that would come out would scare Mr Lion and everyone else in ear shot… I will go with Cuba, better plan! Yes I can see that you would hear the name Cuba and think of it being shaped like a square since the name sounds like a Cube. Brilliant Linda! And when I think of Cube I think of Tube

TUBE
  • LosinSusin
    edited April 15
    Options
    I wonder if there are cube shaped jube candies? We have nice fruit flavoured jubes that are sweet and chewy here. Sometimes I make my own by making Jello at 1/4 strength and pouring the strong liquid into tiny ice cube trays. And eating them would mean the mountain lion wouldn't be interested in me, either!

JUBE
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Susan - Your jube candies sound delicious. I have made finger jello for the kids love by making the jello 1/2 strength but never 1/4 strength. I am sure there are molds that could make your jube candies into cubes. I wonder if there are molds that look like "juke" boxes?

JUKE
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    I have never seen juke box ice cubes, but I have seen gingerbread men ones! They would be cute for Christmas. I have never had finger Jello. They would be good too. Something else that can be done us to use strong Jello mix to pour a layer on top of homemade cheesecakes. It looks especially good when you put fruit on top then pour a jello layer over that. Sometimes my sis would do that for me in June, my birthday month.

JUNE