Change 1 Letter in 5 to Make Word

Options

Replies

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 9,899 Member
    Options
    I do not know a tiler right off my head but I will ask the "filer" that keeps track of the advertizements for the newspaperpaper if he has some information.

FILER
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 4,753 Member
    Options
    Good idea to go to the Filer of the newspaper advertising to find our Tiler. Maybe they could print our fliers in their press since ours is out of action, and put one in each newspaper they deliver. Nothing could be finer if they could do that!

FINER
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Well, as a matter of fact, I do, Mr. Rogers is a great tiler. Wow, that is the last thing we need is having our printer falling through the tiled floor from all those fliers we have been putting out! Just spoke to Mr Rogers and he said he has stacked tiles up in the Office ready to start tiling right after Christmas!

TILES
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    I am so glad that Mr Rogers can do the tiles for us. He probably has the proper equipment to do it too. I know people who work on ceilings have to wear a "stilt" on each leg to be tall enought to reach where they are working but a tiler just needs to have good knees to kneel on the floor. I would not make it long as a tiler myself!

STILT
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    I am not sure I want to be a ceiling repairer if I have to wear a stilt on each let. I am afraid I would loose my balance and there might be "slits" in the ceiling when I was done.

SLITS
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Me too, Linda. Even though we used to walk on stilts as a kid, I no longer have the balance for them. There would be slits in the ceiling if I was doing the job, too! Thank goodness for Mr Rogers, Judith. The job suits him rather than any if us!

SUITS
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Yes we are glad for Mr Rogers to help us. Did you know that his wife has her own business making bird feed? She has
    "suets" of all kinds to buy in her store. They are all hand made and healthy for the birds to eat in the winter.

SUETS
  • 316Judith
    Options
    That’s great to know Linda that Mrs Rogers makes bird feed with so many suets to choose from. I can hardly wait to shops there and see all that Mrs Rogers has made for us to buy! This Suits me fine.

The Birds 🦅 will “Strut” their way to their Nests 🪹 with their new Suet and have a Feast!

STRUT
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    I can imagine the birds strutting on their way to their nests with plans for a feast. The Bible says God cares about the sparrows and the grass of the field. We could learn a lot about "trust" watching the animals who are not worried about food. God provides for their every need.

TRUST
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Birds strutting in trust! What a picture that makes. They can always seem to find a crust of bread to fulfill their needs.

CRUST
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Amen Linda and Susan, Jesus provides for His own, He Looks after the Birds in the Air! God is so Good! And no Birds will be “STRUK” by any danger! God is always watching over them keeping them safe!

I realize this is not how you spell “Struk” but I needed 5 letters and it fits so please disregard my spelling, thank you!

STRUK
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Judith - I also take some liberties with my words when the right word takes too many letters.

We do want the birds and all animals to be safe from any traffic hazzards as they strut their way home. A lot of damage can be done to one of these if they are struk by a "truck".

TRUCK
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Oh no, we don't want trucks to strike our birds. We'll keep track of them through an avian tracking system so we can safely stop trucks as our birds fly by.

TRACK
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    That is an amazing invention Susan. I did not realize that these devices are available to track trucks and stop them when birds fly by. If it was anyone else, I would think it was a "trick" but I know that this group would never say things that are not thoroughly researched. (Well, maybe a little imagination thrown in too.) LOL

TRICK
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Some of the birds do not need to worry about getting struck by a truck that we are tracking because they can swim in a crick to get home. (In Ohio we had creeks and cricks depending on how big they were. The creek was bigger and we could swim in them. The crick was smaller and was crooked.)

CRICK
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    LOL, Linda! I always put my tongue firmly in my cheek and my imagination in gear before adding another word to our story!

So yes, a few tricks may be involved.

Judith, love the idea of our birds swimming in cricks! I wonder if there will be a brick in the crick to help us humans cross the waterway dry shod?

BRICK
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Oh yes we need a brick in the crick for us to cross the waterway. We also need the Crick Waterway Son RICKY to lay the Brick across the waterway for us to cross, he is a hard worker which I am so thankful.

RICKY
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    I am so glad the Ricky will help by laying the bricks. He will need to be "picky"k about where to put the bricks though because the bottom of the crick is not level and the bricks may not be sturdy.

PICKY
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Glad Ricky is a good and picky worker and knows what he is doing in laying our bricks across the crick. We don't need a tacky job, here.

TACKY
  • 316Judith
    edited January 2
    Options
    Yes for sure so glad Ricky is a good and picky worker making sure the bricks are laid perfectly flat in the crick and straight across the crick so as we cross we won’t trip and fall into the crick; would not be fun, no “siree” (pardon my grammar ladies) We sure don’t want a Tacky job done, I am sure Ricky will do a Perfect Job! However just in case he tries to cut corners we need to have his wife JACKY oversee his work! That should assure everyone Ricky has done a good job!

JACKY