Change 1 Letter in 5 to Make Word

Options

Replies

• 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 7,661 Member
    Options
    Indeed Susan, we don’t want to Block our Ducks from getting Water so for us to keep track of Time the Locks change in the Docks to control the Water Levels we need a Big CLOCK to see the time so we can be sure we have enough water in bowls spread around the Canal so our Ducks can drink and also leave our Water Bottles alone. Good Plan Ladies? Hope it works.

CLOCK
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 9,882 Member
    Options
    It is good to befriend the ducks who are under hydrated but I agree we need to keep our bottles clean too. A big pan of water may be the best thing to do. It must not be too big though because they may try to swim in in and the water will become "black" from their dirty feet.

BLACK
  • 316Judith
    edited January 11
    Options
    Yes that’s so true Linda, we don’t want to swim in the dirty black water, last thing we need! However if we disturb the Ducks all we will hear is a Clack Clack sound of them clacking at all of us, the last thing we need to hear is the CLACK of the Ducks!

CLACK
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    CLACK, CLACK, CLACK - I am getting a headache just hearing all that noise! I would much rather hear the "cluck" of a hen than the clack of the ducks. Of course, the rooster can be pretty noisy too when I want to sleep in the morning,

CLUCK
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Haha 😂 you made me Lol Linda reading your story line. Too funny! However, I agree not great to hear all that Clucking. And yes, Roosters are very noisy sure wouldn’t want to live close by to them, however it would be an instant morning wake up cal! Lol!

As much as I don’t like the word Lucky and would rather use Blessed but some use it and think it would be a great word to use if we could eliminate all the Clack and Cluck of those Hens and Ducks, Well, I need a word so it’s going to be……

LUCKY 😳
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 4,739 Member
    Options
    We would be lucky indeed to suppress ALL of the clack, cluck sounds of the ducks and chickens, never mind the crowing! We might be wiser to get ear plugs or cones of silence for ourselves!! Now depending how heavy this noise suppression equipment is, I might need a lacky or two to help me! Especially if I need to get inside a heavy cone of silence. Lol!

LACKY
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Yes Susan we sure need a Lacky or two, Big Ime Lol

So we are in a predicament! How are we going to solve this mystery?

It sure is a WACKY time for us!

WACKY
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    We certainly do not want ot leave this wacky situation unattended to. That is not good manners - it's just "tacky".

TACKY
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    The noise supression system does seem to be a bit difficult and we may need more help than just a lacky. Maybe we can get someone who is "techy" to help us also.

TECHY
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Now there's a great idea! We don't want anyone getting TICHY over solving this problem. Techy people will probably have good noise suppression systems for us. One I do know about is to save up egg cartons and cover your walls and ceilings with them. They muffle noise quite well. And they insulate against cold a bit too. Maybe this will help us till the techy people arrive.

TICHY
  • 316Judith
    Options
    So Clever Susan, thank you for the analogy on noise suppression using egg cartons. So let’s get busy and STICH the Egg Cartons together and put them on the walls to help reduce the noise while we wait for our TECHY.

Note: I realize that is not correct spelling for stitch but I need 5 letters so I took out the letter “t” 😆

STICH
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    I have never heard of using egg cartons for noise supression but it does make sense. Lt's get busy stitching the cartons together. It is a good way to cut down on "costs".

COSTS
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Yes Linda a good way to cut down the costs by making our own noise suppression with stitching egg cartons together. However, we need a lot of egg cartons so we will need to make a lot of signs and have them distributed all around the community and have them stapled to all the Street POSTS that line our streets to ask for help from the local seamstress’s who can sew the egg cartons together for us.

Options
    There must be a lot of seamstress we can get to help. I have quite a few egg cartons and I can make "stops" at different houses to deliver them.

STOPS
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Yes, the shape of egg cartons baffles sound, so they are good for noise suppression. Linda, thank you for volunteering to deliver the egg cartons for stitching to the seamstresses Judith knows. I hope you do not have to take too many STEPS to get the job done.

STEPS
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    PS: I just looked up egg carton sound proofing and unless the egg cartons are made of sound proofing foam, it's an urban myth that ordinary egg cartons will work! But for our story, they work well! Lol!

Aren't urban myths pests?

PESTS

• 316Judith
    Options
    Indeed Susan, Urban Myths are Pests. Oh well the Egg Cartons work for us and thank you Linda for making the stops to pick our cartons up. Marie my Seamstress is such a wonderful Seamstress I can hardly wait to see what she does with these egg cartons of ours. And guess what Linda she lives near you, isn’t this wonderful! So hopefully Linda won’t have too many Steps to take between houses. One thing that will help Marie told me there are several POSTS in between her house and where we all live, so Linda can follow the Posts along the way!

Options
    Following the posts will certainly be helpful. Some of the mailboxes and house numbers are so low I have to "stoop" to read the names and numbers but the taller posts will make things easier.

STOOP
  • 316Judith
    Options
    I hear you Linda, yes some of the numbers and letters on the houses are very low, not sure why they do that.

We don’t want to spend our day squinting our eyes and stooping way down just to read those house numbers.

So let’s put out the word to put “STOPS” to the low letters and numbers on the houses!

STOPS
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Yes, low positioned numbers would get buried in snow, so hopefully our protest stops people doing that. I also wish more shops made their street numbers clearer. Let's get that sorted too!

SHOPS