Fearless October 2021 Challenge

Options
123457»

Replies

• russellholtslander1
    russellholtslander1 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Lost another 1.2 lbs. today.. 246.8.. only need to lose 1.8 lbs to hit my weight goal for this month.. and still eating on plan... 45 days now. Bacon & egs for breakfast, oysters for lunch, and a lb. of chicken thighs for dinner.

Isn't it amazing that you do LC, and your BP, and BG drop to levels which are normal, if not a bit low.. and they keep prescribing carby diets for patients with high BP and BG?
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    10/24-10/25
    Almost hit my target weight this morning- just off by a half pound so what the heck, I’m going to see where this ride takes me and continue with loss if possible. A couple of good days of eating and still no cravings. With Halloween upon us, does anyone have tips for not going off the rails? I have a neighborhood potluck this week for beggar’s night so I may build in some flexibility to enjoy myself within reason then get back to plan the next day.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    @taylok23
    I suggest making something that you like and is within your WOE. That way you know there is something there you can have and stick to your plan. I'm sure there will be some other options there for you besides your contribution.
  • KeithBarrows
    KeithBarrows Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    swimmom_1 wrote: »
    @taylok23
    ... is within your WOE. ...

What is WOE?

Today:
    Day 11 of Keto
    Blood Ketones - 1.7
    Down another 0.7 lbs (total 7 lbs)
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I'm way late getting an update in:

workout 3/day:
    10 min morning - was doing these all month until CincyCon this past weekend...need to get back to getting my butt out of bed in the morning

brazil butt lift lunch - have done all of these except when out of town

revabs after work/evening - about half on getting these done this month...started strong, but been slacking some the last week and super slack since the con

5 poverty days per week (not more than 2 maintenance) - other than when traveling, I stuck to my poverty days so far this month

track everything all the time - I managed this, even when traveling

I need all the monthly nonsense to get gone so I can weigh and measure
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    swimmom_1 wrote: »
    @taylok23
    ... is within your WOE. ...

What is WOE?

Today:
    Day 11 of Keto
    Blood Ketones - 1.7
    Down another 0.7 lbs (total 7 lbs)

WOE - Way of eating. You're doing good! Keep it up!

10/27 - down another .6 to 193.8! Love it when the scale goes down instead of up or stays level! Whoot! Wearing size 16w jeans today! A bit tighter, but I was able to zip them up and still breathe! Whoot whoot!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,878 Member
    Options
    10/26 & 10/27...Food on point ... still terrified to get back on there and walk since my fall on 10/4 so I have decided to wait until 11/1 :)
  • swimmom_1
    Options
    I went past my 10/31 or 11/1 goal of 182.2 lbs. 180.8 lbs this AM. Now I'm hoping I can break the 180 lb barrier! Did 155 minutes on my Elliptical today for 12 miles.

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Falls take a lot to get over. My bad fall in 2015 with a Left Tibial Plateau fracture still keeps me very aware and careful since then. There are somethings I would previously do before and won't even think about attempting again.

I never thought twice about it before, if something was on a top shelf at the grocery store, I would step up on the bottom shelf to reach it but no more.

I'm 5'4". A nice male customer saw me contemplating and stopped to help me 2 days ago. (I usually spot the tall guys for help but missed seeing him till he said something to me). He had to be at least 6'9". Then he saw me in the parking lot as he was driving off and said, "I knew you were a good person!" I said thank you again. It puzzled me at first but then realized he was driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee and I was putting my groceries in mine.
  • russellholtslander1
    Options
    I hit my weight goal for this challenge. 243.4. I have been sick for over 2 days, and just haven't eaten. I ate Tuesday night, but was starting to get watery eyes, and a runny nose, and started sneezing. My throat was sore the next morning, and I started to ache. Spent the past 2 days in bed, or watching TV. I never knew you could actually get sore from laying in bed. I had a bit of diarrhea yesterday, and started feeling better last night, and this morning I was hungry, so I had 6 Jumbo eggs cooked in 3 Tbsp. butter. I cooked up some boneless skinless thighs, and then diced them, and adding mayo to help me eat them. Split that meal in half, and eating a small lunch and dinner. Less protein, more fat than normal. I should get 1,962 calories, but only because the butter & mayo. Still less than normal.

So I am below 245, because I lost 3.4 lbs. by not eating anything for 2 days. I figure I will gain some back, now that I am eating again, but hope to stay below 245. I haven't eaten off plan, which was my second goal, and it's still more likely I skip a meal, than eat off plan.

I plan to do some laps in the neighborhood today, since I haven't been exercising. I feel like walking, even if it is 55 degrees and raining a little. Other than my nose being a bit runny still, and not really wanting to eat much, I feel pretty good.. energetic anyways. fist time I have been sick since Jan 25th, 2020, but I spent 5 days in the hospital then, so this is better.

After I walk some, the plan is to eat lunch, and take a long nap, and hopefully feel even better tonight, and watch a few TV shows I missed the past few nights.

If I stay on plan for the next few days, and stay below 245, I will hit both my goals.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    Options
    Oh no! Feel better @russellholtslander1

Went up a couple of pounds. :( I know it's just water weight but it KILLS me when I see the number go up! LOL! On the plus side, I have lost inches in my hips/waist area, so that's a bonus. I have to keep reminding myself that weight is not linear and that it's a marathon and not a sprint.

Couple more days to November!! I had hoped to be in the 180's by Nov 1st, but I don't think that's happening now. But I should be within a week if I stay on track!
  • taylok23
    Options
    10/26-10/29
    False alarm- the scale was wonky so I’m not at goal weight! And now it looks like I’ve hit the plateau since I’m stayed at the same weight for the last two weeks. I ate off plan last night but stayed within maintenance but otherwise have been in a deficit. I’ll just have to grin and bear it for now, knowing I could have a small whoosh if I stick to goal. Let’s close the month strong!
  • NYPhotographer2021
    Options
    10/30 - Back down to 193. Today I am starting something. LOL! I clicked on the FitOn ad on Facebook and signed up. So in a short 4 minutes, I will be starting my 1st workout! Scary because I haven't really done any sort of exercise since I restarted my journey at the end of August. So we will see how it goes!! Wish me luck! LOL!
  • russellholtslander1
    Options
    I guess this is the end of the month. I hit my goal of 245.. 242.6. I went up some yesterday, then down today, so a new low. My BMI is 39.2. First time in a while it has been below 40. I topped out at 58.3, when I weighed 361 lbs.

My second goal was to stay on Carnivore, and that has been easy. It has been exactly 50 days, and I am doing it for November as well. One month at a time. I had 4 sausage links, and 5 Jumbo eggs cooked in 3 Tbsp butter.. and dinner is 10 ozs of 73/27 GB with 3 ozs. shredded cheddar. What's not to love about that? I'll worry about cheese if I stop losing.

NY Photographer - I hope you enjoy the workout. Just do the best you can, and rest if needed. When I started walking again, I could only go about 500 feet, before I had to sit and rest, and now I walk 3.6 miles to the lake and back all the time. Get a starting point, and just push a little more every day, until you can keep up, and then get faster and stronger, and one day, the workout won't be enough, and you will need to increase intensity. I can't do exercise unless it's fun.. walking, bike riding, shooting baskets, throwing around a football, or going to the pool. The last time I was a healthy weight, was when I was a small child, and we exercised every day, but called it PLAY.. we never thought of it the way we often think of exercise as adults.. it stopped being fun, so we stopped it.

Seems the easiest way to get results, is to find ways to make dieting easy, and exercise fun, so you WANT to do them.
  • KeithBarrows
    KeithBarrows Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    End of the month, even though I started very late in the month.

This last week I lost 0.6 pounds total.
    This month I lost 9.1 pounds total.

First 8-9 days on Keto was a fast drop - guessing most of that was water weight. This last week on Keto has been a plateau. Almost no change over 7 days. So now I am second guessing myself again.

BMR says just over 2000 calories for a sedentary day.
    My goal is 1500 calories. That should be 3500 calorie deficit over 7 days which should equate to a 1 pound each week, right? And my actual daily average according to MFP is 1394 calories, or 2624 calories short of my goal for the week. <sigh/>

We will see what 4 weeks of Keto does in November. It maybe just my body switching over to a Ketone fuel source. Not sure how long the transition takes or when I should expect to see results after switching. ;)
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Good week food wise except Fri and Sat when I needed a break. Nothing crazy and back on low carb limits today. Finishing the month strong with an hour of spin this morning and bowling tonight. Next month I need to add a weight goal back into the mix.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    Options
    Okay, I'm in.
    9/30/21 - October goals:
    To get below 200 lbs. I'm close so it's very doable. I've been in a bit of a slump for about a week, around 204 lbs.
    Now that is finally cooler out, I will start taking walks. I have a little walking path near me that circles a pond. I walked it the other day, it took me around 10 minutes. So a couple of times around should be a great start.
    Start weighing and measuring my food intake. I've been very bad about doing this. Eyeing amounts and trying to find the right food data.
    I have my carb counts down pat. Now to find more options for higher protein. I'm always lacking in that macro.
    Let's do this!

So it's been a month. I have gotten below 200! Yay! Have not taken any more walks. I have been more diligent about weighing and measuring but not always. I have been concentrating on my protein more than fats. At the end of the month, I've been hovering between 193 & 195. So for the end of this week (11/6) I would like to be at 192. So that will be my first goal for November. The end of the month I'd like to be at 185.

Today, I am still sore from my little workout yesterday! A 20 minute yoga session and it kicked my *kitten*! I am up a tad from yesterday, and I had read on here somewhere, that when your body is sore from working out, it tends to hold onto water for some reason. Makes me wonder just what are the benefits from working out?! LOL! We will see what happens tomorrow. Happy November everyone!!
  • swimmom_1
    Options
    10/1/21-191.4 lbs
    10/3/21-189.8 lbs Met my goal but don't intend to back off. Maybe I'll get below 180!? Bumped up my Elliptical from 98 minutes today to a full 2 hours. Started as a 6 minute cool down and then did the extra 15 more. Felt great afterwards!
    10/10/21-188.8 lbs- down 23.2 lbs of challenge goal of 22 lbs! Upped my Elliptical to 130 min a few days ago.

10/17/21-186.2 one-time 68.8.lbs. Upped my Elliptical this week to 140 minutes and did 151 minutes today because I wanted the 12 miles! I'm more than halfway through my 133 lbs loss goal.

10/24/21-182.6 lbs, doing well, staying on track with calories, carbs, water and still doing Elliptical minimum 150 minutes 3x/week on my off days. Quite happy about my loss. Maybe I'll get under 180 lbs for 11/1/21. 72.4 lbs down so far! Got to keep on keeping on!

Down 29.4 lbs of my 22 lb Aug-Oct challenge goal!

10/27/21-180.8 lbs today, OMG!!!! So first goal was 190 lbs for 11/1, then second goal was 185 lbs, then third was 182.2 lbs. Now I'm thinking Fourth new goal for the month of180 lbs or maybe 179.9 lbs?

Also got into size 12 jeans today easily! And a pretty leather belt I bought in Bermuda in 1992 fits again! Last hole but it works!

10/31/21-181 lbs- Did my usual uptick before a drop after Wednesday. Went up to 182 lbs for 3 days and expected a drop. It did but only to 181.0 lbs. Was really hoping for the 180 or 179.9 lbs. But I'm going to be legalistic and count todays diet/exercise and count November 1, AM weigh in. But... I am down 31 lbs of my original Challenge Goal loss of 22 lbs.

11/1/21-
    ML-
    MLGW-Fourth New Goal-

CGWL-22lbs
    CWL-
  • taylok23
    Options
    To finish out the month, I am down 3.2 pounds from where I started on the first. That’s a win in my book. My last 5 are likely to be much harder in November. It looks like everyone did great!