edited November 2021
    Options
    walk4today wrote: »
    Daily Post
    Thursday 11/11/2021
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes
    Reading jeepkat1's post above made me think of my day. (I'm glad to hear your knee is better jeepkat1!) I saw the neurosurgeon today, who gave me an lumbar epidural injection for the sciatica I've been experiencing in my lower back and leg for months. It has kept me from being as active as I need and want to be. I've had cortisone shots before, but this was the most painful medical procedure I've ever had. (Luckily I haven't had that many in my 70+ years!) Brief, but screaming and crying painful. I know my weight (BMI is 40) has contributed - or certainly not helped - the sciatica, especially when I lift anything heavier than a frying pan. So I'm resolving that when the steroids kick in a few days from now and hopefully stop the pain I've been having, to at least do more walking - and keep on with PT exercises - so that hopefully I never need another shot like this one.

@walk4today I hope your sciatica improves soon that is terrible pain. I have a herniated disk in my back and I get that pain sometimes after lifting something heavy. I'm sorry to hear your shot was so painful. I too am hoping to be more mobile now. I don't like sitting around. But I feel feverish and have a headache do to the medication change. I'm just going to take it easy today. I will work on losing 5 more pounds before I see my doctor again next month. He is very happy, losing weight will make my medication work better. Lol, I see squash noodles and salads in my future. I find that using small goals, like 5lbs is easier than the big picture of 50.
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Chalmation
    Week 2
    Friday
    PW 150.4
    CW 150.2
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Friday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: 15 minutes indoor walking
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    @jeepkat1
    Thanks for your support. I also had a herniated disk affecting my right lower back that began several years ago. But my doctor said this year that it had healed, which surprised me because I thought they never healed. I still have to be very careful lifting anything, though. I had lots of physical therapy and kept up with the PT exercises, so guess it all helped. The sciatica I have now affects my left lower back and leg. I like your idea of losing 5 lbs at a time, rather than focusing on the bigger goal number. Squash noodles and salads sound good too! Take care and keep up the good work!
  • walk4today
    Options
    Daily Post
    Friday, 11/12/21
    Exercise: walking, light cleaning
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Friday 11-12-2021

Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes
    Goals/Day/Comments: I'm feeling so much better. The new medication works so much better than the last one. My preauthorization got approved today. Lol, I just remembered that I budgeted to eat 20 olives today and I forgot. My next goal is 190 pounds. I can't wait to get there. I've lost 50lbs, I have 50 more to go.
    @walk4today, I didn't think herniated disc's healed either. I will need to research that.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: No
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    jeepkat1 wrote: »
    Daily Post Thursday 11-11-2021

Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes

Goals/Day/Comments: I saw the doctor this morning and he gave me a shot in my right knee, OMG it feels so much better already. He also changed my Rheumatoid Arthritis medication to one that is on the approved list for next year. He gave me a month of samples and I'm to start taking it right away. The best part was that I had a goal to be under 200 pounds the next time I saw him and today I was 198 fully dressed. I see him again next month on the 3rd. Maybe I will have lost 5 more pounds by then. My BMI is 34.06 a huge improvement. I'm just moderately obese now.
    Glad you’re feeling better
    Daily Post
    Thursday 11/11/2021
    Exercise: yes
    Reading jeepkat1's post above made me think of my day. (I'm glad to hear your knee is better jeepkat1!) I saw the neurosurgeon today, who gave me an lumbar epidural injection for the sciatica I've been experiencing in my lower back and leg for months. It has kept me from being as active as I need and want to be. I've had cortisone shots before, but this was the most painful medical procedure I've ever had. (Luckily I haven't had that many in my 70+ years!) Brief, but screaming and crying painful. I know my weight (BMI is 40) has contributed - or certainly not helped - the sciatica, especially when I lift anything heavier than a frying pan. So I'm resolving that when the steroids kick in a few days from now and hopefully stop the pain I've been having, to at least do more walking - and keep on with PT exercises - so that hopefully I never need another shot like this one.

Hope they kick in soon
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Oh my all these changes. Finally working on my phone, but everything is so different.
  • vicky2767
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Almost forgot to weigh in

Vicky2767
    Sat Nov Week 2
    PW 206
    CW 204.5
  • walk4today
    Options
    @vicky2767 Thanks!
  • walk4today
    Options
    walk4today
    November week 2
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW 243.4
    CW: 241.6
  • FushiaKat
    Options
    vicky2767 wrote: »
    Almost forgot to weigh in

Vicky2767
    Sat Nov Week 2
    PW 206
    CW 204.5

Well done!
  • FushiaKat
    Options
    walk4today
    November week 2
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW 243.4
    CW: 241.6

Great Job!
  • FushiaKat
    Options
    I changed my User Title from JeepKat1 to FushiaKat, I didn't know it would not ask me to confirm, I tried about 50 titles.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,805 Member
    Options
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Week: 2
    PW: 212
    CW: 219
  • SalluR
    SalluR Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone
    " Community " in my fitness pal app isnt working since past four days. Today I ask Ashley if its working for her and she told me to use the website. I log into fitnesspal website in my mobile and the ' community ' section is working in website. Thanks Ashley for guiding me.
  • SalluR
    Options
    Weigh in : Saturday
    Week: 2
    PW: 199
    CW: 198
  • SalluR
    Options
    Daily post Tuesday